AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

melgray

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 21, 2016
Twitter Username
@mistresslunaxo
MFC Username
mistressluna_
Streamate Username
mistressluna_apollo
Hey all! I just started on MFC at the end of October, started off super slow and then picked up a lot, now that we're in December it is so painfully slow. I can only assume it's because of the holidays, someone please assure me that their is life after December because I am losing hope and becoming increasingly discouraged.

Yeah, no, this month has been slow. So goes sexywork. It will pick back up. Just keep being consistent and putting out content, and it will all pay off.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
There might be life after this. There might not be.

Legit look at your good months as exceptional and the slow ones as your average. Save from those good months to get through the "slow times". Summer is slow. Christmas is slow. You can literally search for slow month on this forum and someone will have deemed at least every month as a slow month. Always be prepared for the slow to be a new average.

I'll go out on a limb here, but the holidays are a sentimental time and regular members are probably spending what money they have leftover from RL gift-giving on long-time favourites. If you have only been camming a couple of months, that could work against you.

^^^ Agree with Sevrin above.

If you've been consistently camming on one site for a few years, you may get Christmas presents in the form of tokens from your regulars! It's a give and take though... you should probably give presents to your regulars too. You could make them a video or something. :) If you're new, you might not fit into the "loved ones" category yet in someone's life, and at Christmas, people are generally saving their money for presents for their loved ones. So that's why some girls say December is their best month.... and some say it's their worst.

Last January I made practically NOTHING on cam, everyone was tapped out after Christmas. Be prepared for that as well.
Lots of other ways to make money in the adult industry, I find having your fingers into a bunch of things will help. When slow, try a different site, make a bunch of clips and sell them on manyvids or other clipsites, try phone sex, open an affiliate white label cam site.... options are endless.

I know many models who have been camming over the past 10 years. Generally December can be their best month. As long as they built a solid core supporters group of guys who want to give them a nice Christmas bonus.

On the other hand year after year January sucks! as everyone is paying their CC from December.

I'm dreading this supposed January low! I guess I'll have to start making clips and tapping into other stuff, as Mojito says.

@JizzyJezebel Yeah, it is really important to diversify, for your sanity as much as anything else. I will just say, one model's bad month might be another's good month, you never know, and I think a lot of it has to do with consistency. I haven't had time to pop into your room but you seem very charismatic which is a huge help. I also think you would do very well producing fetish videos.

I think of camming like fishing--- you won't catch anything if you don't have bait in the water. So when January rolls around, just keep on logging in and producing content, and when you have good days, sock it away into the rainy day fund. You never know who will float by and drop $$$.

I remember a while back when there was the big MFC top-100 token stat leak. It proved pretty clearly that December and January were always the months with the lowest averages. I assume the same pattern would also hold true across all the other ranks so the December slowdown is for sure a real thing and not one of those rumours that just ends up starting and everyone believes.

• Helpful!
I logged off last night calling people fuckboys and pussies. December slowness is real. When I plug my daily income into a graph, it's kinda nose diving right now. Every year it's like this. It will pick back up come January. Financial aid and tax returns are coming.

• Hugs
You know you just got them off even more with those comments, right? :lipssealed:

I hope you have an end of the month surprise and get a Santa tipper that makes up for all the jackasses wanting a free show.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
You know you just got them off even more with those comments, right? :lipssealed:

It's kinda my schtick. offensive name calling. if I got them off by calling them pussy or fuckboy, than they were never going to be a customer to begin with. they aren't my concern.

This december has been my worst month ever on mfc, I have seriously done only 89$ the entire month XD but last month I had my highest tip ever with 13,337 tokens, and this month I got early xmas gifts that a member sent me a logitech c920, go pro hero 5 with waterproof case, a 40inch selfie stick, my frist glass dildo and a 64 gb memory card :D

So in some way it has been my worst and best month ever. :D

• Funny!
Reactions: KattySteel
Status
Not open for further replies.