AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Decision time!! dun dun duhhhh

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AliceTTLG

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 5, 2015
Hi all :hello2: I'm AliceTTLG soon to be cam girl (yup just saying it makes me a bit nervous/excited). I've been obsessively creeping through the forums for all the useful tidbits from the camsperts (that sounds a bit odd :geek: ) for about a week, and I just want to say thank you a million times over. I feel informed, comfortable, and prepared to start my adventure as a cam girl. Without this site I would have likely signed up for a studio and then just gotten naked and ladyfapped hoping for some dollars :woops: .
I made a spreadsheet with the top model sites and the stats that interested me. Its a bit confusing trying to keep each site straight in my head, so, yay sexy fun spread sheets. So I just have a few little questions before I make my final choice...
I want to solo cam but I plan to do some couples shows with my bf. I love love LOVE MFC'c setup and all of the support/info there is here, but obv. no couples permitted. I do plan on working my way up to multiple accounts at some point because, 1) new member status could give a temp. boost to earnings during a lull. 2) new customers and exposure 3) plain curiosity. My second pick is Streamate because I prefer the layout and environment over my Chatterbate experience. I also like Kink.com but I think that would be better once we were more secure in preforming. So the question is would it be better to build a customer base on MFC and then have a special couples show on Steamate advertised through Twitter since I dont think I can advert for another cam site on a MFC account? Or build a base and knowledge on Streamate while doing some couples shows before getting on MFC? I think I can do well in either situation but I wanted some professional advice.

I have toys ( a whole box as I used to sell them lol)
about 10 different outfit ideas
a basic idea of rates I want to charge
personal wills and will not
I can be personable and comfortable on cam
I plan to invest a percent of initial earnings into a better cam and then other "supplies"

There is so much more but that is the basic list I'm so ready to sign up but I want to make the most of new model status! Also I wasn't clear on how long new model status lasts on Streamate?

Ok sorry if this was long thank you for all your help guys!

Best way to make the most of your new model status imho is... consistency, Consistency, CONSISTENCY!!!
Focus on building your fan base and "regulars". The best way to make that happen is by getting on cam the same time every day, so that way members will know when to look for you. If you're not sure what time slot you want to go with yet, might I suggest camming on and off all throughout the day and night for a week or two until you figure out what works best for you. But whatever you choose, BE CONSISTENT! Consistency is key. :twocents-02cents:

Thank you! I do plan on spending more time online as I start building my base. I want to use social media accounts to send out notices of when I'm going to be going online and posting pics here and there to keep interest and hopefully drive traffic even when I am offline. In order to be consistent I want to start out exclusively on one site. I'd rather spend all my time enjoying new status on one site before I have to try to divide time between 2 accounts.

AliceTTLG said:
Thank you! I do plan on spending more time online as I start building my base. I want to use social media accounts to send out notices of when I'm going to be going online and posting pics here and there to keep interest and hopefully drive traffic even when I am offline. In order to be consistent I want to start out exclusively on one site. I'd rather spend all my time enjoying new status on one site before I have to try to divide time between 2 accounts.

To effectively use social media try to think of it as more than just 'notices of when you'll be online and occasional pics' - If that's all you want to/can use it for, its better than nothing, but social media is really only effective when you're actively engaging with your followers and other members of the community (in this case models). Be as real a person on there as you can be- don't just post pics and updates on cam times or it won't work well.

Miss_Lollipop said:
AliceTTLG said:

To effectively use social media try to think of it as more than just 'notices of when you'll be online and occasional pics' - If that's all you want to/can use it for, its better than nothing, but social media is really only effective when you're actively engaging with your followers and other members of the community (in this case models). Be as real a person on there as you can be- don't just post pics and updates on cam times or it won't work well.

I sort of understand using social media just like one normally would, the only difficulty for me is that I'm not an overly connected person ( I didn't even have a twitter until I made one for this). I don't want to be on my phone or comp all the time using social media site. I will certainly make an effort to be friendly and keep my content on social media 1/2 direct advertising (show notifications ect...) and 1/2 just me being a normal person. I can totally see how much more appealing a friendly engaged media user is. If you compare an advert only profile it looks spamming and offputting. I was planning to follow some of the girls here (as long as that is cool) so see how they run things.

AliceTTLG said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
AliceTTLG said:

I sort of understand using social media just like one normally would, the only difficulty for me is that I'm not an overly connected person ( I didn't even have a twitter until I made one for this). I don't want to be on my phone or comp all the time using social media site. I will certainly make an effort to be friendly and keep my content on social media 1/2 direct advertising (show notifications ect...) and 1/2 just me being a normal person. I can totally see how much more appealing a friendly engaged media user is. If you compare an advert only profile it looks spamming and offputting. I was planning to follow some of the girls here (as long as that is cool) so see how they run things.

Yup yup smart idea!
I know being 'overly connected' can be overwhelming. I end up..too connected sometimes and have to take a break.

There are some awesome women on this forum that manage to be really engaging and friendly on twitter but still manage to keep 'personal' time for themselves - Amber, Kaylee, AlexLady are three i can think of off the top of my head. Another way to do it that works for some is to set yourself 'work' hours, and when you're not on the clock, you're not logged in/checking social media.

There are plenty of models that make it work without huge social media bases - so I don't want to come across sounding like the ONLY way you can do it is to dive in head first. Just to make sure you knew there is a lot of room to expand on there if you can put the effort in.

Sorry i know this wasn't even what your actual question was about... :p

Miss_Lollipop said:
AliceTTLG said:
Miss_Lollipop said:
AliceTTLG said:

Yup yup smart idea!
I know being 'overly connected' can be overwhelming. I end up..too connected sometimes and have to take a break.

There are some awesome women on this forum that manage to be really engaging and friendly on twitter but still manage to keep 'personal' time for themselves - Amber, Kaylee, AlexLady are three i can think of off the top of my head. Another way to do it that works for some is to set yourself 'work' hours, and when you're not on the clock, you're not logged in/checking social media.

There are plenty of models that make it work without huge social media bases - so I don't want to come across sounding like the ONLY way you can do it is to dive in head first. Just to make sure you knew there is a lot of room to expand on there if you can put the effort in.

Sorry i know this wasn't even what your actual question was about... :p

Its a good idea to set "work hours". I tend to get really caught up in things and spend more time than intended (researching camming falls is one of those things lol)

If social media ends up not being for me I can always get rid of the accounts or stop posting for a bit. I imagine I will be doing a lot of trial and error for a while lol.

That's fine ANY help is huge for me :-D I can't wait to get model status and soak up all the knowledge in those posts....I just have to pick a site lol. This is like Christmas I just want to get to the good part and the waiting is killing me.

A lot of the most useful information has already been said, but I'd like to add two comments.

First, see if you can get a consistent name across all sites and social media, that way it's easier for fans to find you even if you are working multiple places. Alternatively, use variations on the same name... keeping something identifiable in there.

Second, I wouldn't know the details for this on Streammate but I do know that most places like MFC will keep your new model status until you accumulate a certain number of hours on cam. This means that time spent setting up your profile and such don't take away from that shiny new model sticker :)

Good luck! It sounds like you've done your research and are off to a good start.

SaphiraCourt said:
A lot of the most useful information has already been said, but I'd like to add two comments.

First, see if you can get a consistent name across all sites and social media, that way it's easier for fans to find you even if you are working multiple places. Alternatively, use variations on the same name... keeping something identifiable in there.

Second, I wouldn't know the details for this on Streammate but I do know that most places like MFC will keep your new model status until you accumulate a certain number of hours on cam. This means that time spent setting up your profile and such don't take away from that shiny new model sticker :)

Good luck! It sounds like you've done your research and are off to a good start.

I have tumblr twitter gmail account and amazon wishlist set up and ready to go

That is awesome I decided to start with MFC and go from there :dance: so thank you for the luck :-D

Streamate has a limited new model time. From the moment your account is approved that time starts ticking, whether you cam or not, so use it wisely.

The sooner you get started on all your networking the better. :) If people see you tweeting/posting/whatever regularly before you ever get on cam and you hype it up, you could potentially have a good turnout from all those people anxious to see you. If you work it right, you could 'easily' go up from there.

Using the same picture on all sites can be really helpful for being trying to locate you on social media or other sites. If you don't want the same exact picture, then a similar picture works too.

From my own experience, unless you're going solo on streamate too, then I would start on MFC and hype up your boy/girl shows on SM. Make it known that that's where all the couple's stuff happens and good turnouts will keep BOTH of you coming back. :twocents-02cents:

Rose said:
Streamate has a limited new model time. From the moment your account is approved that time starts ticking, whether you cam or not, so use it wisely.

The sooner you get started on all your networking the better. :) If people see you tweeting/posting/whatever regularly before you ever get on cam and you hype it up, you could potentially have a good turnout from all those people anxious to see you. If you work it right, you could 'easily' go up from there.

Using the same picture on all sites can be really helpful for being trying to locate you on social media or other sites. If you don't want the same exact picture, then a similar picture works too.

From my own experience, unless you're going solo on streamate too, then I would start on MFC and hype up your boy/girl shows on SM. Make it known that that's where all the couple's stuff happens and good turnouts will keep BOTH of you coming back. :twocents-02cents:

I've been trying to get a small following before I do my debut show I'm just a bit unversed in social media, but I'm setting a goal for twitter followers before I do my first show. Tumblr is completely new to me so I am still trying to navigate the way to build a following on there and i just set up a fb with links to other things. I did a mini shoot in rainbow stockings and I have the same name across the sites so I hope I am easy to find :D

I think I will like streamate just for couples shows but I def. don't want to miss out on the MFC environment.

thank you :twocents-02cents: is always apperciated

Reactions: Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.