AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Default in the U.S?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoomer said:
It's amusing to watch all this unfold from another country :D
It appears to be like a clichéd 1950's esque movie scene - a game of chicken, racing to the cliff top.
No-one wants to drive over the edge, but they want the others to believe they're willing to in order to get what they want.

At least, that's how it looked from the armchair. If it doesn't "pass" (or whatever you call it) i'd be stunned :D

That was my thought as well, Zoomer, a giant game of chicken...which side will blink first. This is not a new phenomena, been happening for years. I particularly enjoy watching 80's clips of fist fights between Diet members...some degenerating into near riots. This has been happening all over the world...at least in the EU. The Greece debt, the Irish austerity plan, the French headscarf issue, Immigration (Mexico for US, Muslim in EU)...in each of these debates, both sides characterize the other as "do-nothings", "know-nothings", treasonous degenerates...and these are the nicer things said.

It's just that now, the politicos have a wider stage with the internet and 24 hour cable news outlets enhancing all the intrigue and multiple angles to be played. Almost makes me wish for the opacity of the "smoke-filled" room deals of yesteryear. No, we don't need to go back to those days, but with all the added eyes eagerly watching...neither party wants to be seen as the pussy who gave in.

Food for thought: If there was a "backroom deal" for the 1990 US budget, George H.W. Bush (41) would not have had to publicly eat his words from 2 years prior...the "Read my lips" convention speech. Not saying it would have been better or worse, but there would not have been a "President Clinton". More importantly, Pat Buchanan would have been marginalized and faded in to anonymity...that would have been a good thing. Funny how history can turn on such a small detail.

"For want of a nail the shoe was lost"

schlmoe said:
Keithy said:
Transpersonal Identity Disorder.
This is the from first paragraph from a paper on the subject:
"... driven by the certainty that they are privy to sacred truths and are therefore morally obligated to do everything in their power -- no matter how many people may suffer -- to act upon these truths ... a tendency to dehumanize and even demonize those who oppose them."

How did you get my medical file? If you keep posting snippets from it, it could get quite embarrassing for me.

You and half the congress.

Status
Not open for further replies.