AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Did my Facebook auto-link to my MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Honey Rose

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Jul 2, 2015
MFC Username
LilHoneyRose
I found out today that my MFC profile posted to my Facebook account today as if I had shared it. I saw in a few threads that FB has facial recognition software, so is it possible that they automatically found my MFC profile and shared it on my behalf? How can I rectify this, as I definitely did not want to share this info with my family in my first week of camming in such a way. Thank you for your help!

Honey Rose

I found out today that my MFC profile posted to my Facebook account today as if I had shared it. I saw in a few threads that FB has facial recognition software, so is it possible that they automatically found my MFC profile and shared it on my behalf?
Possible for sure but seems very unlikely. Not really sure what can be done to rectify the situation, did family members see it?

I found out today that my MFC profile posted to my Facebook account today as if I had shared it. I saw in a few threads that FB has facial recognition software, so is it possible that they automatically found my MFC profile and shared it on my behalf? How can I rectify this, as I definitely did not want to share this info with my family in my first week of camming in such a way. Thank you for your help!

Honey Rose

Just delete it.

I'd say there's a 99.9999% chance that you accidentally posted it yourself and didn't realize it.

If you're not doing so already, make sure that you separate your online camming stuff from the online stuff you share with your friends and family. Make sure you use different email addresses to sign up for things like facebook, to what you might use for your camming Twitter for example.

Just delete it.

I'd say there's a 99.9999% chance that you accidentally posted it yourself and didn't realize it.

Is there a way to share it from my MFC broadcaster or something that I just didn't notice? I think it had my full legal name and stage name, but I honestly just deleted it in a panic. Luckily, my mom is the greatest and let me know. And I have a separate email that I used for MFC that's different from my Facebook.

Is there a way to share it from my MFC broadcaster or something that I just didn't notice? I think it had my full legal name and stage name, but I honestly just deleted it in a panic. Luckily, my mom is the greatest and let me know. And I have a separate email that I used for MFC that's different from my Facebook.

Can you recover the link? I'd do that and take a look at it. If it had full legal name and stage name that doesn't sound like any link that'd be available on MFC. Someone may have hacked your facebook and posted that or you may have misclicked and had your MFC profile in your clipbooard and pasted it and posted it.

Can you recover the link? I'd do that and take a look at it. If it had full legal name and stage name that doesn't sound like any link that'd be available on MFC. Someone may have hacked your facebook and posted that or you may have misclicked and had your MFC profile in your clipbooard and pasted it and posted it.
I was thinking along the same lines. Did someone recognize you on MFC and outed you on Facebook?
You never know what some people are capable of, either trolls or in real life.

Reactions: KylieJacobs

It didn't look like any link I had seen before, and the profile picture was different from my MFC avatar. And everything I've looked at said once I deleted it, it's gone forever. Do you know if there's any risk to just saying "Yeah, I'm a cam girl. Sorry, I didn't mean to share that here." It's mostly just family and old high school friends, but I'm worried about it for security reasons. Thank you for your help!

It didn't look like any link I had seen before, and the profile picture was different from my MFC avatar. And everything I've looked at said once I deleted it, it's gone forever. Do you know if there's any risk to just saying "Yeah, I'm a cam girl. Sorry, I didn't mean to share that here." It's mostly just family and old high school friends, but I'm worried about it for security reasons. Thank you for your help!

I wouldn't suggest doing THAT. But change your facebook password, ASAP. If you're sure it looked like it was posted by you and it wasn't a normal MFC link, and it had your real name and your cam name, I'd say this is very likely due to someone hacking your facebook.

I was thinking along the same lines. Did someone recognize you on MFC and outed you on Facebook?
You never know what some people are capable of, either trolls or in real life.

Well, I know I need to clear my photos because I was DUMB and used FB photos for my initial profile. "I'll do it soon"... Yeah. Not soon enough, clearly. But if anyone recognized me today in my room, they didn't let me know about it. We all learn.
Also, I'm not averse to my family knowing, I just didn't want them to find out like that. I REALLY like what I do, even if I'm brand new. I guess I'm just afraid of "coming out of the cam girl closet", if you will.

Well, I know I need to clear my photos because I was DUMB and used FB photos for my initial profile. "I'll do it soon"... Yeah. Not soon enough, clearly. But if anyone recognized me today in my room, they didn't let me know about it. We all learn.
Also, I'm not averse to my family knowing, I just didn't want them to find out like that. I REALLY like what I do, even if I'm brand new. I guess I'm just afraid of "coming out of the cam girl closet", if you will.

I used the same picture on a dating website, and my seldom looked at Facebook page years ago. A lady used it to find me, without using the paid website stuff. She was nice enough, but it could have just as easily been a crazy in a bad way person. It really made me think about how much stuff I had floating around the internet.

I am sure one day every picture I ever posted here on ACF and everywhere else will all be linked into a nice folder for everyone to see by random search bots.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ACFFAN69
I used the same picture on a dating website, and my seldom looked at Facebook page years ago. A lady used it to find me, without using the paid website stuff. She was nice enough, but it could have just as easily been a crazy in a bad way person. It really made me think about how much stuff I had floating around the internet.

I am sure one day every picture I ever posted here on ACF and everywhere else will all be linked into a nice folder for everyone to see by random search bots.

Update! So, according to my mother out of state, the post came back up after I deleted it and said it had been up for 5 hours. I deleted the FB photos off of my MFC profile and lo and behold, I'm on FB in my panties... I deactivated my account. I kind of feel like a weight has been lifted. My mom and sister, who let me know it was posted because I rarely check my account either, were both supportive, as is my hubby. I'll still be on cam tomorrow and don't plan on going anywhere soon! I'll just be much more careful.

If the post came back up SOMEONE HAS YOUR PASSWORD.

Go change the passwords on all your stuff. Someone on your facebook posting as you.

It's great that your family is accepting, but I think this is something completely more you need to be worried about.

Go change the passwords on all your stuff. Someone on your facebook posting as you.

At this point, I would suggest not only changing the password, but also enabling 'login notifications' and 'login approvals' (under 'Security Settings') on Facebook. That way, if anyone tries to login they will need to have access to your cell phone and even if they somehow bypass that check, you will be notified.

At this point, I would suggest not only changing the password, but also enabling 'login notifications' and 'login approvals' (under 'Security Settings') on Facebook. That way, if anyone tries to login they will need to have access to your cell phone and even if they somehow bypass that check, you will be notified.
Yeah that is a great idea. With your password they can just log back in even if you disable it. FB does keep a record of log ins so I would look in to that and report it to fb cause they do take that stuff seriously. But change all your stuff on that account and even get a new email and change all your passwords on every single account you have.

^This. Do this immediately.

Tips on how to lock down your Facebook profile!

Ok, so first of all, you might want to change your name to either a fake last name or change it to something unsearchable (like "Amber Cutie" to "Am Ber"). Make sure that you DO NOT use any email you've ever used for camming for your personal Facebook.

Now, there are TWO pictures that you CAN NOT hide, no matter what. Your profile pic and cover photo. I suggest having these as pics that aren't of you and especially not pics that you have EVER posted on anything camming related.

At the top right of page, click the down arrow. Go to Settings. Make sure your username (facebook.com/YOURUSERNAMEHERE) is not anything related to your real name or camming name.

Then go to Privacy. The first option changes who can see your FUTURE posts. Set to FRIENDS ONLY. To change your PAST posts, the 3rd option, click "Limit Old Posts" then "Confirm." This only changes the actual posts you've made, not pictures you've posted.

Under the "Who can look me up?" change the first 2 to FRIENDS and the last one (about search engines) to NO. This last one is the MOST IMPORTANT.

Go to Timeline and Tagging. Who can post on your timeline? Friends. Who can see posts you've been tagged in? Friends. Who can see what others post on your timeline? Friends.

Now, for pictures, go to your profile by clicking your name at the top. Click on Photos. Go to YOUR ALBUMS. At the bottom of each album, you should see a little globe. Anywhere you see that, it means the whole world can see it. Click it on each album, and change to friends only. For some (like Timeline & cover photos), you might have to change every picture, one by one.

Now, to see what else random weirdos on the internet can see, go to the top of your profile and click the ... button.

Click View As.

At the top, make sure it says "This is what your timeline looks to (globe) public." And click all the buttons, go through, and double check everything, to see what random people can see.

Hope this helps (and wasn't too obnoxious!) I wrote it for my mom too, so I had to basically spell it out for her.

Thank you so much, Iris! I deactivated the account for now, and honestly don't see myself re-activating it in the near future. I've changed all of my passwords, email addresses linked to my MFC and cleared the photos off of my MFC profile. I really appreciate everyone's help. I was in quite a panic about it last night. Possibly the worst possible way to share with people that I'm camming.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. :(
you didn't mention it so I just wanted to check, did you change the security settings, password and email address associated with your facebook as well? If someone already has access they can very easily reactivate your facebook and post post away.

I'm so sorry to hear this happened to you. :(
you didn't mention it so I just wanted to check, did you change the security settings, password and email address associated with your facebook as well? If someone already has access they can very easily reactivate your facebook and post post away.
First, Jolene, you are stunning! And I imagine it could have been MUCH! worse. I was clothed and it was just my profile, I just knew FB was NOT the place for it.
I changed the security settings and password, and the FB security check thing said everything was in order, but the email linked to my Facebook hasn't been used in years. I didn't think to change the email address associated with my FB account. Can I still make these changes with the account deactivated?

• Hugs
Reactions: Puffin and Tilly
Another thing! You can tell where your facebook has been logged in from. There is a section for "account activity" somewhere in all those security sections and you can see approximate locations of where your facebook has been accessed from. If it's someone from your home town accessing your account, this won't help you. But if it's someone from the cam world who reverse image searched you and managed to access your account, they likely don't live near you and that could be confirmation that your account has been compromised.

Another thing! You can tell where your facebook has been logged in from. There is a section for "account activity" somewhere in all those security sections and you can see approximate locations of where your facebook has been accessed from. If it's someone from your home town accessing your account, this won't help you. But if it's someone from the cam world who reverse image searched you and managed to access your account, they likely don't live near you and that could be confirmation that your account has been compromised.
I did notice that when I was changing my email passwords that one of my email account had been signed into from San Diego, which is definitely not where I am, but as far as I could see there was nothing strange about my FB logins. Perhaps my email was compromised and they just went from there?

I've seen on today's news that there is new "scam tracking" going on on Facebook.
If you "like" something on FB, some of them are fake and they will change the content you liked, so they can promote something using your info. It's called "like farming".
I don't know if someone got your info this way or not, but be aware.
That's why I don't Facebook.

• Wat?!
Reactions: PunkInDrublic
I've seen on today's news that there is new "scam tracking" going on on Facebook.
If you "like" something on FB, some of them are fake and they will change the content you liked, so they can promote something using your info. It's called "like farming".
I don't know if someone got your info this way or not, but be aware.
That's why I don't Facebook.

So I deactivated the account last night and it came back up today. I've changed my passwords, set up the security alerts and everything but the account and MFC profile link came back up, which I DID NOT DO. we reported the problem to Facebook and requested that the account be permanently deleted. My father saw it. So, now what do I do? This is all a little overwhelming. And when I look at my Facebook profile the post isn't visible to me. This definitely seems malicious.

Last edited:
So I deactivated the account last night and it came back up today. I've changed my passwords, set up the security alerts and everything but the account and MFC profile link came back up, which I DID NOT DO. we reported the problem to Facebook and requested that the account be permanently deleted. My father saw it. So, now what do I do? This is all a little overwhelming. And when I look at my Facebook profile the post isn't visible to me. This definitely seems malicious.

First of all, I'm not a model, so my advice may or may not work. Maybe if you approach it from the other direction, completely delete your MFC profile. (maybe contact MFC support for help).
Then do a completely new MFC profile with new screen name, e-mail address and all. (even if you need to open an e-mail address with a different server....Yahoo, Gmail or whatever) and if the new info gets linked then re-contact MFC and Facebook support and let them know you need help. (I would think they would want to help you rather than deal with the bad publicity that this could cause them).

I hope this can help and I wish you the best of luck.

First of all, I'm not a model, so my advice may or may not work. Maybe if you approach it from the other direction, completely delete your MFC profile. (maybe contact MFC support for help).
Then do a completely new MFC profile with new screen name, e-mail address and all. (even if you need to open an e-mail address with a different server....Yahoo, Gmail or whatever) and if the new info gets linked then re-contact MFC and Facebook support and let them know you need help. (I would think they would want to help you rather than deal with the bad publicity that this could cause them).

I hope this can help and I wish you the best of luck.

Thank you! I contacted MFC last night and they said they weren't sure what was going on. I'll contact them again. I'm so brand new to the cam world that I'm worried this will effect my work negatively. Also, any tips on what to tell your dad?

Thank you! I contacted MFC last night and they said they weren't sure what was going on. I'll contact them again. I'm so brand new to the cam world that I'm worried this will effect my work negatively. Also, any tips on what to tell your dad?

That I can't help you with. You're the only one that has any idea how he'll react, but I really hope he's supportive of you and your choices.:h:

Reactions: Honey Rose
Idk how much MFC is going to be able to help you right now. Is the link to a page on MFC or is it a doxxing site? Nobody has hacked your MFC account, it sounds like it's just Facebook based. (Or emails as well but they haven't done anything on MFC). Had you changed your Facebook password before you deactivated it?

Reactions: TacoBelle

I really hope you get this sorted out, as has been said I wouldnt be surprised if this was someone posting and hacking your facebook.

As for tips for telling a parent "Hello Parent. I am an internet hooker/entertainer. It pays my bills. It's neat"

Seriously though only you know your relationship with your parents and you will know based on that relationship what to tell them.

Reactions: Lexi Emerson
I really hope you get this sorted out, as has been said I wouldnt be surprised if this was someone posting and hacking your facebook.

As for tips for telling a parent "Hello Parent. I am an internet hooker/entertainer. It pays my bills. It's neat"

Seriously though only you know your relationship with your parents and you will know based on that relationship what to tell them.

My mom was awesome about it, but my dad and I have a relatively rocky relationship. Turns out the "wtf?" text message he sent me last night may or may not have been about the MFC link on my Facebook page. I sent him a text that basically said "I was hacked, but the link is legit. If you'd lie to talk to me about it, that's fine, but I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment trying to deal with the hack." (He has a tendency to be very "holier than thou" and I didn't need to listen to his judgement. My husband, my mom and my sister all know and support me and I'd like him to also, but I don't NEED him to.) My dad said he had no idea what I was talking about, that he was just concerned because it had been a while since we'd talked. So, I half outed myself because I never said "I'm a cam girl", but he never mentioned it either.

I've checked a few times today and it appears that my Facebook account is still down. I'm waiting for the confirmation that it's been deleted. I really appreciate everyone's help with this! XoXxx

Status
Not open for further replies.