AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

DiectIM on AW - anyone???

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SylvySinclair

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 18, 2016
São Paulo
sinclairsylvy.modelcentro.com
Twitter Username
@sylvysinclair
Tumblr Username
sylvysinclair
MFC Username
SylvySinclair
Hello,
**DirectIM is the right word, sorry for the typo on title.
I've been working on AW again, after 6 years away from camming. I started camming in 2001 and stopped in 2009. After so many years away, before returning, I researched the new sites out there as in this while away i didnt have any contact with the camming world. Found out that many of my cg friends are not on aymore for different reasons and got a lil sad about it.
Anyway, first thing i saw on the net, was that MFC was the way to go. I made a profile and all, studied how it works, joined ACF for more info and decided not to go with it. The token thing and all that requires to make them, its just too overwhelming and Im not in the mood to get angry every time i go online. This is one reason, the other one, is much stronger and its my baby of only 11 months. I stay with him all day, he's very active as any other baby of this age which makes it impossible for me to go on cam on regular basis. Usually i can do it when he's asleep. I dont do naked shows, Im into the domme thing and its being good for me. Considering i dont do naked shows, i cant complain when i go on cam. BUT, i found out, the DirectIM on AW, which for me is absolutely amazing, as it is a text chat only and there is no cam involved. I can work whenever i want and still be able to have the baby next to me. Bottom line is, i see a lot of girls there making a lot of money, but they are old on AW doing this, and they have like 1000 reviews and must have like 100 regulars. I've made some average credits on there and used to go free to private most of the time, until i decided to go group to private. Main reason is, even having some good clients on free to private, most of the guys just want to chat, as any other site i guess, and only a few are payers. I decided to go group and private and i spend hrs and hrs without having clients. Sometimes i get so bored and angry that i just wanna punch someone in the face....lol. I look the page and see the girls with a lot of reviews getting clients all the time, and then the ones like me, new, there sitting forever. I know, i know, i have to build up my list of regulars. But i would love some cheering words from anyone especially girls doing the same on AW. Should i stay on free or im ok staying on group to private?
Hope anyone can give me a feedback.
thnx
xoxoxo

Last edited:
BUT, i found out, the DirectIM on AW, which for me is absolutely amazing, as it is a text chat only and there is no cam involved. I can work whenever i want and still be able to have the baby next to me. Bottom line is, i see a lot of girls there making a lot of money, but they are old on AW doing this, and they have like 1000 reviews and must have like 100 regulars. I've made some average credits on there and used to go free to private most of the time, until i decided to go group to private. Main reason is, even having some good clients on free to private, most of the guys just want to chat, as any other site i guess, and only a few are payers. I decided to go group and private and i spend hrs and hrs without having clients. Sometimes i get so bored and angry that i just wanna punch someone in the face....lol. I look the page and see the girls with a lot of reviews getting clients all the time, and then the ones like me, new, there sitting forever. I know, i know, i have to build up my list of regulars. But i would love some cheering words from anyone especially girls doing the same on AW. Should i stay on free or im ok staying on group to private?
Hope anyone can give me a feedback.
thnx
xoxoxo

Does AW still have that option where guys get like a limit of 5 minutes in free chat (and I think the model could increase that limit for them if she wanted to)? And then if the guy wishes to continue with her, he has to go into the paid mode of either group chat or private chat. I've never used AW free chat, because I had always just done 'group chat or private chat mode only' (I avoid free chat on cam sites when I can...lol). But I do think that's a great option for models to have when they don't want non-spenders camping out in their free chat all day.

Yes, this option is still on and they are kicked off after 5 mins allright, but many girls, i mean, most of them dont use the free chat mode, and they have clients in and out. I know coz in order for me to understand how they make so good, i look at their profiles and main title to see if im doing something wrong. Today is an example....Ive been on since 6am, as my baby wakes up so early, i thought i would try this hour and didnt make shit yet. But the girls with tons of reviews, did and more than once.
The others like me, with low count of reviews, are doing more or less like me if they are not charging very low rates.Im kinda upset but i know i have to endure it and be online as much as i can to make my regulars. Today the chat is good, many days is very slow, but i didnt have one paying member yet. They say they will come prvt and then nothing. Another thing is, when they enter my chat and dont talk about a session or sex, i keep talking to them without mentioning prvt but once they talk dirty or about being slaves and etc, i mention pvt coz i wont give anything for free. Am i doing something wrong here?

Okay, I'm trying to offer some suggestions here, but I kind of feel like you're not hearing me because you're worried about what other girls on AW are doing? You said you go hours and hours without paying clients, which is why I mentioned considering the limited 5 minute (or longer) free chat option. Some models feel that they benefit from free chat (as annoying as they may find it) because it's helped them get members wanting more and interested in seeing more in group or private chat.

If you'd rather just do without free chat completely and stick with paid chat only (which is what I did on AW...absolutely no free chat for me), you could do that and maybe try splitcamming AW with another cam site. I've heard people say that things sucked for them when they depended on only one cam site, and then when they added a second or third cam site to the mix, their earnings increased because they had made themselves live and available on multiple sites instead of just one. The whole 'adding more eggs to your basket' thing.

Reactions: Amberlie_
Too late to edit previous posts. ^Disregard my comment about members wanting to "see more" in group or private chat. You're talking about DirectIM/text chat only...not actual webcam. Lol. Sorry. :) I've never used the strictly DirectIM feature before on AW.

Direct IM is only really profitable once you have regulars from the other services like cam and phone, and even then it will never compare to them earnings wise. I do make good money from IM but I've been on AW for years and 90% of my IM custies are cam regulars who pop in when I'm not on cam. As with anything be it cam, phone, OR IM, you will need to put in the effort to market yourself. Get a twitter account if you haven't already, ask current customers to ensure they come back and chat to you some time, ask them to leave feedback, use all the promotional features AW has on site like daily featuring/hourly positioning/auto tweets when you go online etc.

IM is really only an extra bit of pocket money though, so you may need to adjust your expectations of making a full or even part time living from it, that is unless you are able to provide other services on AW too which will in turn make your IM more popular.

And turn off free, it is of no use at all for IM. It can be useful for gaining exposure on the site when you do cam or phone and there are many others logged on at the same time (being in free places you higher on the page), but there are not enough providers to compete with to warrant needing that for IM x

Does AW still have that option where guys get like a limit of 5 minutes in free chat (and I think the model could increase that limit for them if she wanted to)? And then if the guy wishes to continue with her, he has to go into the paid mode of either group chat or private chat. I've never used AW free chat, because I had always just done 'group chat or private chat mode only' (I avoid free chat on cam sites when I can...lol). But I do think that's a great option for models to have when they don't want non-spenders camping out in their free chat all day.

Yes, but once the system boots them after 5 mins they just come right back in. It has never actually limited them in my experience. AW isn't like other sites where free can really help in converting customers, generally the guys who are going to pay will just go straight into paid. Free can be useful for gaining more visibility on the site though x

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Okay, I'm trying to offer some suggestions here, but I kind of feel like you're not hearing me because you're worried about what other girls on AW are doing?

Agree completely. Don't worry what others are doing, they're not you OP. Do your own thing and eventually the clients will come. But you do need to work on promoting off site to bring them in.

If you want to share your twitter I will retweet you to some promoters x

Too late to edit previous posts. ^Disregard my comment about members wanting to "see more" in group or private chat. You're talking about DirectIM/text chat only...not actual webcam. Lol. Sorry. :) I've never used the strictly DirectIM feature before on AW.
Honey,
please forgive me if u missunderstood that i didnt want to hear ur opinions, i did, infact im listening to everything u both are telling me. And u guys already make me feel better. Im doing only IM because like i said, i have my lil baby which stays with me all day, next year he is going to kindergarten and then all will be easier. For now, what i do is, when he sleeps, i log into aw cam and or Ifriends, which works good for me. Yes, cam is a different thing. About the splitcam, i was reluctant to use it, coz even having a fast connection, my laptop is old, may be getting it slow?
Thx so much for ur patience.

• Hugs
Agree completely. Don't worry what others are doing, they're not you OP. Do your own thing and eventually the clients will come. But you do need to work on promoting off site to bring them in.

If you want to share your twitter I will retweet you to some promoters x
Hey girl,
ur words made a huge difference on how i feel today, i was feeling really frustrated. But now i understood how IM works and can feel more relaxed. I am promotin myself on twitter and models.xxx and also on Tumblr. I decided to not stay on free today more than 2 hs as i was getting the timewasters and its true, the ones paying come straight in.
My twitter: sylvysinclair
thnx for the help.

So girls, i have good news, after all u said, i went off free and made a big, but i mean big session!!!! 2hs!!! Yet i had to send the guy away coz my baby started to cry, but it was awesome! Im so happy!
thnx thnx thnx!!!!

Thats great to hear :) make sure to ask for feedback and invite them to come back again, and use their name while doing so. I always say something like "oh wow I had such a great time with you today (name), I cant wait to do it again! Im usually here mondays 10-4. Dont forget to leave me some great feedback, I'll do the same for you." This makes them feel important and wanted and leaves them with a call to action (leave feedback). Leaving feedback makes them recall the experience soon after the session ensuring it gets remembered and making it more likely they'll come back, even easier since you made it simple by telling them when you'll be there!

Followed you. Good luck x

Thats great to hear :) make sure to ask for feedback and invite them to come back again, and use their name while doing so. I always say something like "oh wow I had such a great time with you today (name), I cant wait to do it again! Im usually here mondays 10-4. Dont forget to leave me some great feedback, I'll do the same for you." This makes them feel important and wanted and leaves them with a call to action (leave feedback). Leaving feedback makes them recall the experience soon after the session ensuring it gets remembered and making it more likely they'll come back, even easier since you made it simple by telling them when you'll be there!

Followed and rt'd you. Good luck x
thnx girl, i guess changing my mood was also good coz today i logged in early and already had a guy which already came once, saying he missed me. its a great way to start the day.
U added me on twitter right? are u the girl in that beautiful pic with the fur coat?
if so, u look amazing!
kisses and thnx for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.