AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dilemma

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2015
Hello ladies,

I've put myself into a rather unfortunate dilemma.

Recently I've started my first day on MFC. Despite prepping, researching, stalker-proofing and planning for a few weeks I stupidly never tested my audio.

It seems not only is my on-board mic producing nothing but static, but my microphone jack is also hooped. (Two gaming headsets tested and working on other webcam-less desktops.) My only webcam is a built in/older laptop.

I was going to pick up a USB audio interface or decent cam/mic this weekend... however due to a few life issues I'm broke until Feb 6th.. woo! Sob stories aside. Having no audio from what I've read here/elsewhere seems to be the worst thing to do and is recommended against on MFC rules.. On the flipside if I wait that will be 14 days into new model status... which, well.. is no-longer "new model" status with the exception of the few who keep 30 days checked off... I think?

I am also a teaser/mostly non nude so I was planning on attracting people with personality/music/good vibe that reaally relies on sound.

Should I Keep caming with new model status and no audio? Or hold off until I can buy a logitech c920?

I'm leaning towards the no audio option for a few weeks but eep.

Thanks beauties!
- Battle Kitten

ps. apologies for not being patient for new model access >< Time is of the essence.

Question, you say your mic is built in. I'm assuming you are using your built in webcam as well? If so try to buy a decent webcam when you can. I recommend something like this webcam (I believe that's the same one I have, though I know there are a few different types of 9000's. I recommend reading reviews) It will help with your sound problem as well. I know you probably shouldn't get the quickcam pro version. I think mine's just Logitech pro. My roommate has the quickcam one, and the sound is weird every time I've used it.

Also, check the sound options in MFC's webcam settings. You'll likely have to ask members for help with this.

One other thing you can do that will give you an idea of sound quality is by calling someone on skype, but MFC can screw with previously good sound, so I'd recommend doing it, but not being surprised if someone says it sounds weird.

Another thing to build an audience without having to go nude might be to open a clips4sale store. There are MANY non-nude fetishes. It'd give you a good chance to test out different things with your cam too.

Also, I recommend when you get the whole issue straightened out (though it'll be work...)advertise. Make sure to have links to your profile/cam, twitter, etc...People are lazy. Links are easy to click. If I typed my twitter as @ann_sulu19 I would have a ton less followers than my twitter link in the bottom of my posts. Make it clear, simple and non-spammy. Eventually people will check you out. Good luck!

Reactions: battle_kitten
I might be wrong but I think New Model status is your first hours on cam (like, cumulatively 8?) and not a certain number of days. I would hold off until you have audio. You only have one chance for a first impression with some members and having audio is pretty important on MFC. Also, you are more likely to kill your cam score right off the bat and have a hard time recovering once you get audio.

Oops, forgot to mention it is a built in/laptop webcam.

I was looking at the 900 too, couldn't decide between the logitech 900 and c920.

Have done a bit of Skype testing after thinking I fixed the built in mic and still no luck. Thankfully the MFC members super nice and patient in putting up with me messing with audio options and different mic's for my whole one hour of caming. lol

I guess the bright side of waiting, I can do a few photoshoots and work on self marketing/prettier profile/ect while waiting for a new setup.

Regarding the hours on cam for newbie status. That would be awesome if its true, have also read some conflicting information.

Thanks for the info! :h:

battle_kitten said:
Oops, forgot to mention it is a built in/laptop webcam.

I was looking at the 900 too, couldn't decide between the logitech 900 and c920.

Have done a bit of Skype testing after thinking I fixed the built in mic and still no luck. Thankfully the MFC members super nice and patient in putting up with me messing with audio options and different mic's for my whole one hour of caming. lol

I guess the bright side of waiting, I can do a few photoshoots and work on self marketing/prettier profile/ect while waiting for a new setup.

Regarding the hours on cam for newbie status. That would be awesome if its true, have also read some conflicting information.

Thanks for the info! :h:

There are a couple of threads called the No or Go thread and the Streamate No or Go thread in the Model's Only section. It's really best to just sort of compare your times to those and see what best works for you.

New model tag now defaults to 7 days and members can also choose 0, 3, 14, 30, 60, or 90. This is a fairly recent change.

I don't know whether it counts calendar days since signup, calendar days since first broadcast, or number of days broadcast.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    112.5 KB · Views: 267
ramblin said:
New model tag now defaults to 7 days and members can also choose 0, 3, 14, 30, 60, or 90. This is a fairly recent change.

I don't know whether it counts calendar days since signup, calendar days since first broadcast, or number of days broadcast.

Yeah, but that isn't for the model, only members. What I mean is if a member who hasn't seen her before comes into her room he won't see her as new unlike the guy clicked the button to make her still in the new model tag. Hopefully all members do this in her room, but you don't who will bother.

ramblin said:

Based on my own newly worn off new status I'm fairly confident in saying it is number of days broadcast. So most members will see a model as new the first 7 days she's online.

battle_kitten said:
It seems not only is my on-board mic producing nothing but static, but my microphone jack is also hooped. (Two gaming headsets tested and working on other webcam-less desktops.) My only webcam is a built in/older laptop.
Won't go into 'too' much detail as to why I'm going to ask this. Suffice it to say the gaming headsets raised a few issues. Analog vs. Digital jacks, also quite a few problems with headsets just not working on some laptops.

Two things. Have you tried plugging them in without the splitter? In other words just the microphone plug. The speaker part would not work, but I'm curious if the mic would at that point. Also have you tried just a plain plug in mic (NOT headset type)?

Many laptop makers put in jacks that aren't as fully compatible as we would hope to save money. There's also this problem with some Mac's if you're using that.

JerryBoBerry said:
Won't go into 'too' much detail as to why I'm going to ask this. Suffice it to say the gaming headsets raised a few issues. Analog vs. Digital jacks, also quite a few problems with headsets just not working on some laptops.

Two things. Have you tried plugging them in without the splitter? In other words just the microphone plug. The speaker part would not work, but I'm curious if the mic would at that point. Also have you tried just a plain plug in mic (NOT headset type)?

Many laptop makers put in jacks that aren't as fully compatible as we would hope to save money. There's also this problem with some Mac's if you're using that.

Its an older acer (aspire 6930) With both gaming headsets I have bypassed the splitter, just mic in. The Steelseries came with a USB attachment which seems to have fallen off the face of the earth. (and used to work two years ago with this laptop)

I no-longer have a plain mic.

I did suddenly remember - the last time the mic port was used was last spring, and the audio was cutting out over sykpe. I'm about 90% sure now the resolution was borrowing a USB Mic from a family member back then.

Thankfully my tower is decent!

Reactions: JerryBoBerry
The c920 is an awesome webcam, definitely one of the best investments you can make as a camgirl.

Regarding new model status, definitely hold off on broadcasting until you have a better cam, unless you can borrow something good from someone. And by good, I mean, an excellent webcam.

LuthienBlythe said:
The c920 is an awesome webcam, definitely one of the best investments you can make as a camgirl.

Regarding new model status, definitely hold off on broadcasting until you have a better cam, unless you can borrow something good from someone. And by good, I mean, an excellent webcam.

I should've updated this! I was a bad girl and went on for an hour-two for a few days without sound... buuut I managed to find my older logitech with built in audio yesterday! It's not the best in camera quality but much better than the built in laptop cam and apparently the audio is pretty clean too.. weeeee.

That being said I would like to grab a c910 when I can.

Reactions: Sansa
battle_kitten said:
LuthienBlythe said:

I should've updated this! I was a bad girl and went on for an hour-two for a few days without sound... buuut I managed to find my older logitech with built in audio yesterday! It's not the best in camera quality but much better than the built in laptop cam and apparently the audio is pretty clean too.. weeeee.

That being said I would like to grab a c910 when I can.

At the moment, the 910, 920, and 930 have all been released, so I would go for either the 920 or 930 if you want to compete with good camming equipment that other girls would have. :twocents-02cents:

Status
Not open for further replies.