AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Discord webhooks for SW alerts?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GraysonDrake

Cam Model
Jul 11, 2021
Nunya Village
allmylinks.com
Twitter Username
@fakegraydrake
Streamate Username
GraysonDrake
Chaturbate Username
graysondrake
I'm currently building a discord server for my community and I'm starting to dip into webhooks.

I'm following a tutorial to make one for my twitter feed but I'm wondering if I can also set them up for new Fansly posts or even live notifications for my camsites. Does anyone know how viable that would be?

I have zero coding experience and I don't want to waste several hours of noodly research before discovering that it's not possible, but if it is I wants it.

Last edited:
I'm currently building a discord server for my community and I'm starting to dip into webhooks.

I'm following a tutorial to make one for my twitter feed but I'm wondering if I can also set them up for new Fansly posts or even live notifications for my camsites. Does anyone know how viable that would be?

I have zero coding experience and I don't want to waste several hours of noodly research before discovering that it's not possible, but if it is I wants it.
It would be possible, it might not be as straight forward as something that has built in webhooks (i dont use fansly or discord but when it comes to connecting web services anything you can think of you can do, you just need a way to access the data so you can manipulate it).

The biggest issue you will have with something like fansly is the fact the content is behind a paywall and they dont provide any webhooks or api's, so you will need to authorise the request to be able to access the feed to check if there's anything new.

I would do this with selenium and python, it tends to be my goto for setting up pretty much everything I have made, where you would basically launch a browser (you can disable the window) give it log in creds, either yours or set up a member account and give it free access and have it store some kind of information about the last upload either in a text file or a database (if your only checking if the last upload matches the last upload shown on the last run then a text file is probably good enough). Now your bot can tell you if a post is new or not. If it finds a new post then you will have it open discord through the discord api and let it know what to post. Then to automate it you would want to set up windows task scheduler to run it every x amount of hours / minutes (cron is the task scheduler on mac and linux)

WIth 0 coding experience making the bot to login to fansly shouldn't take too long, maybe a couple of hours to a day

(DevEd on youtube has a good tutorial on using python and selenium, you'll have your first web bot up and running in under an hour, then it's just playing around and googling for extra bits of code that make it do specific things. Dont worry about understanding exactly how everything works, just follow the tutorial until it runs, then change what you think needs changing to make it do what you want instead and any errors / a little bit of google will give you the understanding of why what you tried didnt work.)

api's though can be very simple, or very complex and the documentation can range from easy to read and well explained to just listing out all the functions and not telling you how to use them. It would be a fair amount of run it, dosnt work, put error into google, go to a stackoverflow post on it, try that, get new error and repeat until no more errors 😂

That's just the way that I would do it, break it down into chunks, like make a bot that can get some info that identifies the last post, then make it compare if last post = stored last post. Then learn how to send messages into discord through the api, then try and mash those things together.

A better option than checking if your room is online might be to just have a script that you run that posts your "im online" notification everywhere. less messing about that way.

• Helpful!
Reactions: rockin_rod
A better option than checking if your room is online might be to just have a script that you run that posts your "im online" notification everywhere. less messing about that way.
I'm like 90% sure you could load this script into obs so it automatically runs when you press the start broadcast button. Haven't played about too much with obs outside of using tips and chat commands to trigger scene changes. But from what I saw setting that up you should be able to trigger a script when the broadcast button is set to start.

I'm like 90% sure you could load this script into obs so it automatically runs when you press the start broadcast button. Haven't played about too much with obs outside of using tips and chat commands to trigger scene changes. But from what I saw setting that up you should be able to trigger a script when the broadcast button is set to start.
That makes sense since stream labs has similar stuff built in and they are literally just OBS with extra features. I'll look into this as well.

With Fansly I was thinking about something like OF's retweet feature that has a bot post to a designated channel, but I have only a vague idea of how that works and don't know what is or isn't possible.

With Fansly I was thinking about something like OF's retweet feature that has a bot post to a designated channel, but I have only a vague idea of how that works and don't know what is or isn't possible.
I mean it's 100% possible, it just comes down to how much time are you willing to sink into it to get it working.

Does this retweet bot take the tweet and post that into discord? you can do that with a combination of the twitter api for getting the tweet and the discord api to post it into discord.

IMO if you can spare the time to learn how to do it it's 100% worth doing even if you dont end up using it, being able to link services together is so useful.

If you wanted to learn more of the theory of programing, like the understanding of loops, functions, if/else statements etc. Harvard has a free course called cs50 which is introduction to computer science and the Guy they have doing the lectures (pretty sure his name is David) is really good at breaking down the concepts.
They also have cs50 web, which is taught by one of the Ta's (they have a whole bunch of cs courses now) but I find the Ta's seem to lack the enthusiasm that David has and as a result the lectures arnt as engaging to watch (they are pretty monotone). If you can deal with monotone, Stanford also has a free computer science course, but I cant do monotone so cant say how god it is.

• Helpful!
Reactions: GraysonDrake
Status
Not open for further replies.