AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do I just suck? lol Someone tell me how to get better.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinderella25

Cam Model
Dec 21, 2019
United States
Twitter Username
@Sinderella25
MFC Username
Sinderella25
Hi! I've been camming for a while and I just feel like I can't break this plateau of not making new regulars. I have this goal of breaking the top 1000 on MFC, but I can't help but find myself ugly or boring because I can hardly ever make more than the previous month. If anyone has free time, could you just drop into my room and tell me your first impression? I can take harsh criticism, seriously. Even if its something more naunced.

I will admit that after 2 hours of no tips, and trying everything, I log off for the night. It hurts my camscore that its becoming impossible to dig myself out, I feel like; but maybe I'm looking at it wrong?

Keep going and keep experimenting until you find what works best. Also, try to stick it out for 3-4hrs if you can. I'm not sure how MFC works but on CB it can take a couple of hours to start getting good placement on the search pages unless you already popular. Not to mention the less time you spend online the less likely you are to attract users from a variety of time zones.

My first 5 months on CB sucked with only 1 guy sporadically tipping decent amounts and barely anyone tipping in public chat. Loads of cheap videos and selfies no one wanted to purchase. Only 1 guy joining my fan club (where they get access to all the video/photos and free PMs) to date. The last 4 weeks I've more than tripled my previous best token haul, mostly from offering private cum shows but public chat tipping has started to pick up a bit as well.

Keep going and keep experimenting until you find what works best. Also, try to stick it out for 3-4hrs if you can. I'm not sure how MFC works but on CB it can take a couple of hours to start getting good placement on the search pages unless you already popular. Not to mention the less time you spend online the less likely you are to attract users from a variety of time zones.

My first 5 months on CB sucked with only 1 guy sporadically tipping decent amounts and barely anyone tipping in public chat. Loads of cheap videos and selfies no one wanted to purchase. Only 1 guy joining my fan club (where they get access to all the video/photos and free PMs) to date. The last 4 weeks I've more than tripled my previous best token haul, mostly from offering private cum shows but public chat tipping has started to pick up a bit as well.
Yeah you’re right. I’ve never used Chaturbate, but I assume it’s a similar set up, where people come hang out in your room and have the option to take you to private? I guess the best thing to do is to stay online. I just feel like I get visibly frustrated and I don’t know how to get my head out of the anxious “Im fat and ugly and I’ll never get to the top and I’m not worth tipping and blah blah”. It just feels really forced to act like I’m not internally freaking out because my rank is plummeting

• Hugs
Reactions: mike_aussie
Full disclosure: MFC wasn't my jam, but I hope the following may still help.
Tokens do not determine your value. And their flow is unpredictable, even when a model has loads of online hours under their belt to analyze. Focus on what you can control--like time. Set a goal ( I agree with mike_aussie, at least 4 hours and a different time of day would give you a broader cast). Plan activities you really enjoy and want to do, and prepare yourself some special food and drink to look forward to both during your shift and after. And when you've achieved your time goal, CELEBRATE!
If you really want this, you got this...

Yeah you’re right. I’ve never used Chaturbate, but I assume it’s a similar set up, where people come hang out in your room and have the option to take you to private? I guess the best thing to do is to stay online. I just feel like I get visibly frustrated and I don’t know how to get my head out of the anxious “Im fat and ugly and I’ll never get to the top and I’m not worth tipping and blah blah”. It just feels really forced to act like I’m not internally freaking out because my rank is plummeting

It's normal. The first 2 hours is often very boring for me if things are slow, and the last hour too if no one takes me private. Plus I cam late night/early morning so trying to keep my energy up is hard. My best advice is to focus on trying to keep things light and fun and natural. I catch up on twitter and browse other models (anonymously while I'm broadcasting unless they already know me) to keep busy. The more I focus on the users and earnings the less happy I look on cam, IMO. I try to forget about the users in my room unless they are talking or tipping.

Based on your profile/camscore, I'd say you're doing just fine. My lowest camscore was in the 500s. My highest was around 2300. Your camscore is higher than mine has ever been, and I've finished in the top 1000 twice (and I'm aiming to do it a 3rd time this month with a camscore of 2100). Put in the time and you'll get there. I don't know how long you've been camming but it took me nearly a year to get a consistent group of regulars that I could count on to show up for most of my streams. It just takes time, but you're doing fine. ☺️ I know it's easy to compare yourself to the top girls who have been doing this for years and seem to make thousands of tokens easily and never have slow periods, but compared to most of MFC, you're doing really well.

Try to stay online as much as you can. I aim for a minimum of 15 hours a week and do closer to 30 when I'm doing a big month. I've found that I also get frustrated if it's slow, so rather than doing 1 longer stream each day, I break it into 2 short streams of 2 to 3 hours each. Then if it's slow, I only have to hold out for a couple hours before I log off, and I can give myself a 2nd chance later in the day.

Thank you! this is really great advice. I need to stop being so concerned with my camscore, because it looks like you can still get into the top 1000 without having a crazy huge cam score. You're an example of that in the flesh! I've been on MFC for a whlie, but I haven't been going super hard with camming up until 4 months ago, so maybe
I also just need to give it more time, with the same (or more) effort! thank you so much!!

Thank you! this is really great advice. I need to stop being so concerned with my camscore, because it looks like you can still get into the top 1000 without having a crazy huge cam score. You're an example of that in the flesh! I've been on MFC for a whlie, but I haven't been going super hard with camming up until 4 months ago, so maybe
I also just need to give it more time, with the same (or more) effort! thank you so much!!
It just feels like no one finds me worth it, no matter how hard I try to be myself and interesting and sexy. The games usually fail, trying to make conversation fails. It’s not like I have money to go all out on decorations and more props, when I can hardly feed myself lol. Maybe this industry isn’t for me y’all, idk. It hurts my self esteem so much to do this poorly for weeks at a time.

You are totally worth it. Perhaps what you are lacking is a niche to fit into, a physical trait to focus on or a gimmick to use as a selling point (something I would never do because I'm not a good actor or a cosplayer). 2 things are working for me that weren't a couple of months ago:

After becoming more comfortable on cam and testing the waters with private shows, I started pushing harder for those and I usually do one every couple of shows now. I have a section in my bio for it and use a chat room notifier to let people know I'm available for private shows. As well as the per minute rate, I upsell with C2C, Recording & Cum (but I'm upfront about it).

I've been getting super into fitness the last 6 months. I've always been skinny and can't eat much because of health problems but I've developed a defined, lean look through hard work and research into exercise & diet. Guys (and the occasional woman) have really started noticing the results in the last month and are responding with more tips and compliments. I lean into it with tip menu and game prizes like flexing and squats. In return it motivates me to keep working hard on my body. It's something I was already into but I'm focusing more heavily on it because it appeals to a certain segment of cam viewers.

hi! i cant give any advice since im not working on myfreecams. I am the kind of the model doesnt matter where i worked i manage to go to top. My myfreecams is fking annoying becouse of the camscore . Doesnt matter how good you are u need to keep up with this shit and live in stres . Force models to stay online lotss, to not have a life for yourself anymore etc. I never liked it, im sure is good for lots models but for others this camscore is the reason to stay away ...and try a different site .

Reactions: Cheeseonmyfriesplz
hi! i cant give any advice since im not working on myfreecams. I am the kind of the model doesnt matter where i worked i manage to go to top. My myfreecams is fking annoying becouse of the camscore . Doesnt matter how good you are u need to keep up with this shit and live in stres . Force models to stay online lotss, to not have a life for yourself anymore etc. I never liked it, im sure is good for lots models but for others this camscore is the reason to stay away ...and try a different site .
You talk about how awesome you are a lot, which is fine. Having confidence in oneself is good. However, you do it even in threads where people are talking about how they're struggling and can barely make ends meet. In this thread, Sinderella feels like shit and that she's not worth anything. She's struggling to make money in this industry even though she works hard at it. You then come in here and say "i cant give any advice...I am the kind of the model doesnt matter where i worked i manage to go to top" This is extremely unhelpful and can also be incredibly hurtful. You said you can't give any advice, so then why would you even post in this thread? You have done this in other threads as well and it reflects very poorly on you.

Do you have many regulars?

I feel like once you get a core group of regular members who chat and tip (even if the tipping isn't huge) it makes a massive difference to a room and the atmosphere because it allows the model to talk and show their personality and be engaging

Going into a room and it being quiet and a conversation being more 1 on 1 it's a lot more awkward and pressured for new people

So yeah I guess just stick at it, and hopefully you build up a nice core of people over time and it grows from there

Around 4 months ago, I started to visit 2 models regularly. 1 from Poland and 1 from Russia. They were both around camscore 600. The model from Russis is still at 600, but the one from Poland is now at 2400! They're both very pretty, around the same age and both work for a studio.
So what's the difference? The model with camscore 600 just sits in front of the camera waiting for someone to tip her for something, while the 2400 model is always busy; Dancing around, teasing, pm-ing her visitors and talk to them about their day, etc, etc.
I'm not saying that it's the golden solution to grow, but being active and engaging sure does help.

Exactly 🙌🏻 That’s why I recently quit that site. It’s all about getting lucky and attracting big spenders to boost your camscore. Once it’s low no matter how much you work hard for it, it’s useless and can’t be fixed. Other sites are less stressful to work on.

I’ve been having a rough month so far myself, last month was my best month ever and I’ve been camming on MFC for over a year. I just started full time though a few months ago. I’m sure putting in the work and being patient will pay off 😉 I compare myself to others as well but I remind myself we all have our own journey

You talk about how awesome you are a lot, which is fine. Having confidence in oneself is good. However, you do it even in threads where people are talking about how they're struggling and can barely make ends meet. In this thread, Sinderella feels like shit and that she's not worth anything. She's struggling to make money in this industry even though she works hard at it. You then come in here and say "i cant give any advice...I am the kind of the model doesnt matter where i worked i manage to go to top" This is extremely unhelpful and can also be incredibly hurtful. You said you can't give any advice, so then why would you even post in this thread? You have done this in other threads as well and it reflects very poorly on you.
so that was my advice,,, why to feel like shit for a fking camscore that making you depressed if is going down? just move to another site where they dont have this camscore bulshit . i was feeling like shit myself on mfc when i tried it , saw that need to work in stress there , need to be on 12 h a day to keep it up and if you dont get enough tk camscore dying.. For example for me stripchat seems easy for every new model that wanna try it , comparing to mfc .

so that was my advice,,, why to feel like shit for a fking camscore that making you depressed if is going down? just move to another site where they dont have this camscore bulshit . i was feeling like shit myself on mfc when i tried it , saw that need to work in stress there , need to be on 12 h a day to keep it up and if you dont get enough tk camscore dying.. For example for me stripchat seems easy for every new model that wanna try it , comparing to mfc .

Exactly 🙌🏻 That’s why I recently quit that site. It’s all about getting lucky and attracting big spenders to boost your camscore. Once it’s low no matter how much you work hard for it, it’s useless and can’t be

Exactly 🙌🏻 That’s why I recently quit that site. It’s all about getting lucky and attracting big spenders to boost your camscore. Once it’s low no matter how much you work hard for it, it’s useless and can’t be fixed. Other sites are less stressful to work on.
good luck with the new sites you on now , happy that you can work without stress , we are on cam to have fun not to live in stress .. xoxo

good luck with the new sites you on now , happy that you can work without stress , we are on cam to have fun not to live in stress .. xoxo
I tried StripChat, but due to technical issues with my webcam, I can’t split cam anymore, so I have to pick one or the other; I have a few more recognizable regulars, since I’ve been on Mfc longer, but unless they’re all in my room at once, my show feels boring and everything people describe as being a reason not to stay in a room. I could dance around and chat up people who come in, but they leave immediately before even engaging. I paint, draw, and pretend it doesn’t bother me for at least 2 hours by focusing or other things, but if none of my regulars come (even when I see they’re online), I just feel worse about myself, because I know they’re in a room that they decided was more entertaining than mine. Even if I change up the background, do a new outfit or alter something else in the background to spark conversation.

My average when I first started Stripchat well over $50/hr, but after my new model tag faded, it gradually dropped because I’m not willing to be naked all the time in public chat, which is basically the norm on there, compared to Mfc.
I appreciate everyone’s advice

Ok first of all- I followed you on twitter you're fuckin cute as all heck so don't stress about that. Sometimes it's hard not to conflate earnings with appearance, at least once I month I get that feeling right on cue lol, but what's more, innate physical appearance is maybe like, 15% related to gaining traction and success. Most of it is personality, luck, and business savvy. But when you get down on yourself, it's hard to harness those other things, and it becomes a self fulfilling cycle. I know this is easier said than done but with practice it gets easier!

It can just take a little time to learn the ropes of all of this- how to talk to people, how to tease them and get them to engage back with you. I will say that I love a good activity like painting etc but I do find when I do something like that, my engagement with new users goes down. When I do a show where I'm doing something like playing ukulele, my room count goes down. It's fun still because I have regulars who like it, and tip for it, and it keeps things fresh and fun with my crowd, but if I were still new and building my room I would avoid things that make you look "busy". You want to look like you're having fun, but the kind of fun where people can join in with you. If you do like painting, maybe make it body painting, and they can tip for you to paint certain things on yourself. Or set a poll so they can go to war with each other about what the outcome witll be- Tip 2 for option A or Tip 3 for option B. Some of my best turnarounds on slow nigths are setting a poll for what kind of pizza I should get, because people have STRONG feelings about pineapple. Song requests is a good one, because people will stay for their song and like seeing you dance to it ,because it's "their" song, and then they're invested/connected with you. Dancing in general is fun, but you have to stop and make eye contact, and ask questions. Users are largely shy and it can take a lot of direct coaxing to get them to join in on the fun, but that's the whole goal.

I will also say that MFC is great and I love it, but it's also a more challenging site when you're new. I wouldn't be doing as well as I am if I hadn't cammed elsewhere for a couple years before switching. So try not to feel down on yourself if it takes a bit to get the hang of it, and figure out your own camming style! Log off when you feel shitty, take breaks, broadcast somewhere else (the bathtub, the kitchen, etc), try different goals (a big goal for something crazy, hundred tk goals for something silly), try not to stress when you don't hit them (and sometimes you won't, we all have bad days), and just really engage with your audience as best you can! It just takes a while to gain momentum but you already have all the tools you need!

I tried StripChat, but due to technical issues with my webcam, I can’t split cam anymore, so I have to pick one or the other; I have a few more recognizable regulars, since I’ve been on Mfc longer, but unless they’re all in my room at once, my show feels boring and everything people describe as being a reason not to stay in a room. I could dance around and chat up people who come in, but they leave immediately before even engaging. I paint, draw, and pretend it doesn’t bother me for at least 2 hours by focusing or other things, but if none of my regulars come (even when I see they’re online), I just feel worse about myself, because I know they’re in a room that they decided was more entertaining than mine. Even if I change up the background, do a new outfit or alter something else in the background to spark conversation.

My average when I first started Stripchat well over $50/hr, but after my new model tag faded, it gradually dropped because I’m not willing to be naked all the time in public chat, which is basically the norm on there, compared to Mfc.
I appreciate everyone’s advice
i understand. yes lately is good to have a second site, i see for myself i got days when cb is slow and i do better on strip somehow one of them save the day . Can we help you about splitcam? or maybeyou can get another camera that helps you to keep 2 sites, will invest now but u could get extra money from the second site i think ..

Most cam sites have scores that have everything to do with placement. Stripchat has stripscore which is almost identical to mfc's. I don't give a shit about either anymore and I do better that way because I'm not worried about it. Still, pretty much a dick move to try to come off as superior to a model needing encouragement. If you come out on top of everything then you would have stayed on mfc.

@Sinderella25 try a service called restream. Let's you stream to multiple sites at the same time. Super easy but it does cost money. It's def worth it. You have a great smile by the way. I have times that I don't do well on MFC and then I have days where I fucking kill it. Just try to stay on for at least 2 hours. I sometimes move the cam so it doesn't show my face to give it a break so I can move around without looking like I want to murder someone. Gets the frustration out.

This is how I read your initial message too. Maybe there's a cultural or language thing going on here.
I read your initial message as basically saying, boiled down; you might want to try another site.
I think the wording confused people, and came off differently than how you meant, which is more related to language and culture.
However, I can't know what is in your mind. And for some reason I've always thought you are from Russia (have no clue why I think that), and that English is not your native tongue. Maybe I am totally wrong about that though, just a feeling I had. Idk who you are on cam/ your cam name.

At least you know a lot of people took you/ are taking you the wrong way now, so you can fix it though.

OP; Not sure if you've tried SM too. I wish you well. I would imagine it's less you, and more external conditions going on. Good luck, I hope things get easier/ better for you. I didn't check out your room, due to lack of time, and not being a token site model myself. So feeling like even if I did check it out, I would not have any valuable input/ knowledge anyway, and could potentially waste your time and be annoying with naive feedback

. So I'm not commenting based off of actually being in your room, as you asked. The general advice I always give, that has worked for me, is to make more clips for sale, as a form of advertising/ getting my cam name out. Since many guys google your name from clip sites, to visit live. But I also know that although that has worked for me, it also does not always work for other models. I tend to churn a ton of clips out, which gets my name out. However, that does require a lot of extra time and effort, which idk if token site models have the luxury of having if it's required to be putting more time in on cam for cam score. I definitely go through periods where I am obsessed with work, and put more hours in than lots of other models.

Last edited:
This is how I read your initial message too. Maybe there's a cultural or language thing going on here.
I read your initial message as basically saying, boiled down; you might want to try another site.
I think the wording confused people, and came off differently than how you meant, which is more related to language and culture.
However, I can't know what is in your mind. And for some reason I've always thought you are from Russia (have no clue why I think that), and that English is not your native tongue. Maybe I am totally wrong about that though, just a feeling I had. Idk who you are on cam/ your cam name.

At least you know a lot of people took you/ are taking you the wrong way now, so you can fix it though.

OP; Not sure if you've tried SM too. I wish you well. I would imagine it's less you, and more external conditions going on. Good luck, I hope things get easier/ better for you. I didn't check out your room, due to lack of time, and not being a token site model myself. So feeling like even if I did check it out, I would not have any valuable input/ knowledge anyway, and could potentially waste your time and be annoying with naive feedback

. So I'm not commenting based off of actually being in your room, as you asked. The general advice I always give, that has worked for me, is to make more clips for sale, as a form of advertising/ getting my cam name out. Since many guys google your name from clip sites, to visit live. But I also know that although that has worked for me, it also does not always work for other models. I tend to churn a ton of clips out, which gets my name out. However, that does require a lot of extra time and effort, which idk if token site models have the luxury of having if it's required to be putting more time in on cam for cam score. I definitely go through periods where I am obsessed with work, and put more hours in than lo

. So I'm not commenting based off of actually being in your room, as you asked. The general advice I always give, that has worked for me, is to make more clips for sale, as a form of advertising/ getting my cam name out. Since many guys google your name from clip sites, to visit live. But I also know that although that has worked for me, it also does not always work for other models. I tend to churn a ton of clips out, which gets my name out. However, that does require a lot of extra time and effort, which idk if token site models have the luxury of having if it's required to be putting more time in on cam for cam score. I definitely go through periods where I am obsessed with work, and put more hours in than lots of other models.
i am from Romania .

Sorry OP ran out of time to edit, but also wanted to add to the time part (my thought wasn't finished), that I often put in more time than is perhaps healthy or even possible for people who may have 2nd jobs/ lots of other life commitments. After years of that, it has payed off, finally, but it's not something everyone has the hours in the day and into the late night to do, understandably. And honestly, it's not super balanced and is more of a workaholic type way of being. So I'm not sure it's worth it, or even healthy for everyone, to be that way. Or if it's even a practical solution, but it did work for me.

Most cam sites have scores that have everything to do with placement. Stripchat has stripscore which is almost identical to mfc's. I don't give a shit about either anymore and I do better that way because I'm not worried about it. Still, pretty much a dick move to try to come off as superior to a model needing encouragement. If you come out on top of everything then you would have stayed on mfc.

@Sinderella25 try a service called restream. Let's you stream to multiple sites at the same time. Super easy but it does cost money. It's def worth it. You have a great smile by the way. I have times that I don't do well on MFC and then I have days where I fucking kill it. Just try to stay on for at least 2 hours. I sometimes move the cam so it doesn't show my face to give it a break so I can move around without looking like I want to murder someone. Gets the frustration out.
dani, i stay where is good for me,,, mfc not, becouse of camscore , im not a 12 h online model, 4. 5 h are enough for me . on stripchat dont know how camscore works, for me is not moving for few months now is same, doesnt matter how manny tks i do .. was not my intention to be superior sorry if that how it sounds .

Hi! I've been camming for a while and I just feel like I can't break this plateau of not making new regulars. I have this goal of breaking the top 1000 on MFC, but I can't help but find myself ugly or boring because I can hardly ever make more than the previous month. If anyone has free time, could you just drop into my room and tell me your first impression? I can take harsh criticism, seriously. Even if its something more naunced.
You Suck
now that that's out of the way , you just have to - Improvise , Adapt , Overcome

for clarity , I have never seen your cam broadcast , you can do anything you set your mind to

Status
Not open for further replies.