AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do you respond to DMs on social media?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blake Devine

Cam Model
Jul 8, 2016
USA
Twitter Username
@foxyspoonbender
MFC Username
Spoon_Bender
Streamate Username
BlakeDevine
Chaturbate Username
BlakeDevine
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/776482/Blake-Devine/
For me, I try to avoid private messages on chaturbate. I set the requirement to 100 tokens, figured it would discourage it and if someone wanted to cough up 100 tokens then score! Now, I have IG and twitter. I get way more DMs on IG than I do like and comments lol. As of yet I have not responded to any on IG. But it did get me thinking... Would it be a good idea to be seen as interactive even without tokens? I'm concerned that if I respond everyone will expect a direct response from me. Yes, I dont have a major following now (but soon!) But I just want to be consistent. The type of DMs I want to respond to are the ones inquiring when my next show is. Ladies, any thoughts? How do you handle DMs on social media?

lol Models who have told me what those DM's and PM's contain make me laugh. They seem to be 90% the same kind of comments other guys make right in the room. "bb I want to @#$&X your &^%$." The rest are mostly offers to be their pimp. Ugh. A few are guys who own a camera and think they are professional photographers and invite her to a shoot.

I have my Twitter settings on so that only people I follow can message me. On Instagram, I rarely ever reply because most of the messages are "ur hot" or a cock picture. I just don't have the patience or time to interact one on one with guys for free. If they want to talk to me, they can use my texting profile on sextpanther and pay $1.50 per text lol. To spend heaps of time on social media chatting to guys in the hopes of it leading to them joining a show. I used to reply to every single thing and noticed it drained me from work and took my energy away from paying members

I leave my DM's open, since I often offer deals on social media, and it's easier to just allow people to DM to discuss payment. For the general public, if the message is polite, I'll respond politely, but not give them much more attention unless they're a paying customer. If they ask for pussy pics, I send cat pics. Show tits? There's a bird called a tit, they get pics of those. Cock pic? One of those lovely photos of a hotdog being sliced. Just being a general annoyance? I just spam them my Clips4sale link.

Thanks for the feedback! This helps me decide that I'll just respond to the polite ones. I hear ya! If I see "hey (insert generic term of endearment that's supposed to come off as flirty but is just gross)" I'll scream lol those I will ignore

Yes, I respond to DM's on Twitter because I have it set to receive DM's only from people I'm following back. For some reason, I recently changed that so that anyone could DM me (I can't even remember if I changed it on purpose as an experiment, or accidentally changed it). So the next time I got on Twitter, I had a DM from some random person just said "Hi." Lol. Just like with MFC members and PMs...couldn't he have just said that to me out in the open area? I changed it back. Lol.

Yes, I respond to DM's on Twitter because I have it set to receive DM's only from people I'm following back. For some reason, I recently changed that so that anyone could DM me (I can't even remember if I changed it on purpose as an experiment, or accidentally changed it). So the next time I got on Twitter, I had a DM from some random person just said "Hi." Lol. Just like with MFC members and PMs...couldn't he have just said that to me out in the open area? I changed it back. Lol.

Yeah a majority of them were hi's or hey's lol I don't get that either. I wasn't aware u can DM on Twitter I'll check that out. Maybe they don't want anyone to know you interacted? You know what they say "it goes down in the DMs" lol

Yeah a majority of them were hi's or hey's lol I don't get that either. I wasn't aware u can DM on Twitter I'll check that out. Maybe they don't want anyone to know you interacted? You know what they say "it goes down in the DMs" lol

I think part of it is that some guys will try to get that one-on-one interaction with a model where they don't have to pay (Twitter DM's and MFC PM's - once they've earned a spot on your friends list - are perfect examples of this). Also, in the past, the hellos that I got in my DM's (from people who never tipped me) often were just leading up to them asking "So what's your Instagram?" or them giving me their phone number. Lol.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I find those who want to talk with you privately are the one who want to have a free time with you. They feel privileged and special enough to think that they'd be allowed to talk dirty to you alone. It's like being in a room full of people and then getting a text from someone saying, "You look good bb ;)" who is right next to you.

I do interact on social media. I check out those who reply to me on social media and I reblog, retweet or whatever to interact with them. They're the one I want to pay attention to because they're usually more respectful and it also remind people that you're not just a webcam model but also a normal person who have a life. I hope this make sense. My English is getting worse bah.

I have mine set to friends only and I only follow people who are active in my room, and support me (whether that's being a high tipper or throwing me a few tokens when they can, I understand everyone's situation is different). So I do try to respond, but I know I'm not the best at small talk, it's simply not one of my strengths. I'm better at conversing publicly on Twitter, and being attentive when I'm on cam.

I'd say about 70% of the girls we work with respond to DM's on social media but only if it benefits them to be honest. It's so easy to reply to the masses of DM's and end up spending all of your time replying to messages that you only have a small likely hood of getting anything from. I normally suggest replying to your regular followers and regular tippers. I have the personal thought that if you spend too much time replying to people then it cuts into your time to create new content etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.