AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Doctor Who

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The christmas special wasn't the best I've seen, They didn't really make the most of Richard E Grants acting to make him scary.
The assistant was hot, smart and a good chalenge to the Dr. be interesting of they keep her as they don't usually do that after an xmas special. And she got a good kiss on him which he seemed to enjoy. Keeping her may upset the River Song story arc?
Also yay for interspecies lesbian marriage :) Quite bold for the BBC to do that given the stink in the UK over gay marriage atm.

My fave companion was Martha
marthabackbb5.jpg

Just coz

Reactions: Red7227
So far from talking to people- the ladies love Rose and the guys hate her. She is naive, wandered off only to get captured in every episode, any episode involving an elevator she always seemed to miss it. It'd be like me taking a 5 year old shopping and expecting it to be easier than going alone. Useless. 3 episodes left of season 3, Martha is a lot better.

SweepTheLeg said:
So far from talking to people- the ladies love Rose and the guys hate her. She is naive, wandered off only to get captured in every episode, any episode involving an elevator she always seemed to miss it. It'd be like me taking a 5 year old shopping and expecting it to be easier than going alone. Useless. 3 episodes left of season 3, Martha is a lot better.

This sounds more like Amy stupid Pond than Rose. rose saves the day and has clever ideas all of the time. Amy is just oh *cry* doctor save me and only started to become useful just before her demise.

Jolene said:
Donna Noble! She cracks me up!

Her grandfather is so funny. I loved the wedding episode we first met her in, and the episode she comes back on is one of my favorites. I liked it even more than the first angel one, Blink.

GingerAnn said:
Rose is the best stfu. :(

You say that no doubt because you are not familiar with the truly great companions.
Leela
Romana
Nyssa
Tegan
Peri
Sarah Jane

Yes, I grew up with the originals.

Reactions: Always_Tim
So I JUST finished Season 3. And I started watching this last week. I can't stop watching Doctor Who! Where has this show been all my life? Now I'm on a mission to catch up so I can read the rest of this thread without spoilers. My friends officially hate me too because I keep talking like a Dalek. :lol:

Two episodes into season 5 now. Greatly enjoying the show and making the transition from david tennant to matt smith is taking some time but I could tell immediately from the "this season on doctor who" trailer at the end of the first episode that their budget increased tremendously. I do love how they go back and reference certain things from previous episodes and if you miss it you miss it, no big deal but if you catch it it's great.

Still getting over what Captain Jack's future really is. that was all sorts of awesome finding that out.

Reactions: JordanBlack
Haha. I just realized I think I'm the only person I've seen on this forum with a signature that's a direct reference to Dr. Who.
I'm such a geek. :dance:

Reactions: emptiedglass
SweepTheLeg said:
Two episodes into season 5 now. Greatly enjoying the show and making the transition from david tennant to matt smith is taking some time but I could tell immediately from the "this season on doctor who" trailer at the end of the first episode that their budget increased tremendously. I do love how they go back and reference certain things from previous episodes and if you miss it you miss it, no big deal but if you catch it it's great.

Still getting over what Captain Jack's future really is. that was all sorts of awesome finding that out.

I couldn't get into Matt Smith being the Doctor. I stopped watching a few episodes after he was introduced into the show. David Tennant was really a natural being the Doc, I think Matt Smith is "trying too much".

JordanBlack said:
I couldn't get into Matt Smith being the Doctor. I stopped watching a few episodes after he was introduced into the show. David Tennant was really a natural being the Doc, I think Matt Smith is "trying too much".

Tennant's my personal fave as well. Hope they bring him back for the anniversary special.
I would love to see Matt Smith's Doctor regenerate into one played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

Reactions: JordanBlack
It took me until the end of season 5 to get behind Matt Smith, especially after the way Tennant went out, but I really like him now.

Stahlfaust said:
I would love to see the human copy of Tennant's Doctor in the anniversary special. And he should tell the doctor how happy he is with Rose :icon-cry:
That would be an interesting turn of events.

emptiedglass said:
Tennant's my personal fave as well. Hope they bring him back for the anniversary special.
I would love to see Matt Smith's Doctor regenerate into one played by Benedict Cumberbatch.

For me it will always be Patrick Troughton. About three months before he died he was doing a 'Two Doctors' festival in St. Paul Minnesota with Colin Baker. So me and my friend went for the day. After their talk on stage they were signing books and the line was REALLY long. My friend suffered through it standing and waiting in line for almost four hours to get his books signed. I shopped during, figured I'd just wait till everyone was done and the line was shorter. Turns out I was the last person to get a book signed that day. Since there was no one else Patrick sat there and chatted with me about life there in Minnesota. After a few minutes he stood up and said he was thirsty so he went back stage and took me with him while we talked. Ended up spending almost a half hour sitting in the back area chatting. Seriously impressed a 17 year old Sci-Fi geek.

JerryBoBerry said:
For me it will always be Patrick Troughton. About three months before he died he was doing a 'Two Doctors' festival in St. Paul Minnesota with Colin Baker. So me and my friend went for the day. After their talk on stage they were signing books and the line was REALLY long. My friend suffered through it standing and waiting in line for almost four hours to get his books signed. I shopped during, figured I'd just wait till everyone was done and the line was shorter. Turns out I was the last person to get a book signed that day. Since there was no one else Patrick sat there and chatted with me about life there in Minnesota. After a few minutes he stood up and said he was thirsty so he went back stage and took me with him while we talked. Ended up spending almost a half hour sitting in the back area chatting. Seriously impressed a 17 year old Sci-Fi geek.
Awesome story, I love hearing about celebrities doing stuff like that.

I haven't seen any of his episodes, I've only seen the new ones and a few episodes with William Hartnell as the Doctor

btw my fellow whovians, BBC america is running a series of doctor revisits. they did the first two doctors already (william hartnell and patrick troughton) they do a retrospective of each doctor and their companions, villains etc, then run an episode, or rather story arc afterwards.

they did the aztecs for hartnell's episode, and tomb of the cybermen for troughton. if you've never seen any of the early ones it is very worth it just as history. i have the whole run on dvd (well almost the whole run, a few got ripped off) but the early episodes hold up as long as you dont mind old school special effects

Okay, I'm more than a little late to the party but watching Rose and The Doctor part ways and he's clearly about to say it nearly killed me... I really hope future companions grow on me because until then my heart is going to hurt...

SexyStephXS said:
Okay, I'm more than a little late to the party but watching Rose and The Doctor part ways and he's clearly about to say it nearly killed me... I really hope future companions grow on me because until then my heart is going to hurt...

I think you'll like most of his companions.
And - minor spoiler alert - you haven't seen the last of Rose or Captain Jack just yet.

Reactions: SexySteph
After months of lurking, I finally found my thread.

RIP Sarah Jane Smith. I never really got to watch the SJS Adventures, but the ending for season 4 (with the doctordonna) was just effing brilliant.

Merging the newer series with torchwood and SJS was just a fantastic touch, not to mention, proving that the tardis was supposed to be flown with multiple people (although, older series might be different).

I grew up with the Sylvester McCoy Doctor. He was brilliant because he was nasty and often just rude. My kinda guy.

Matt smith took a while to grow on me as well, but now, hes up there with Tennant. Thing is, I think that Chris Eccleston did a REALLY good job with merging from the Slyvester Mccoy Doctor (let us never speak of the movie doctor again) into the tennant style doctor. Tennant style was more.. human.. less "Im the doctor, im better than you". Eccleston started off that way, but softened with Rose, then he died and on came Tennants doctor to do the whole "Rose" thing.

Im trying not to give away too many spoilers, but if you're reading this thread and havent got past season 1, you're not up to scratch :D

-DP

PS. ZOMGCAPTAINJACKSFATE

emptiedglass said:
Thoughts on the season finale, anyone?
I thought it was pretty well done. Nice setup for the 50th anniversary special. Loved the big reveal in the final minute!

This season seems to have been one big meh, but they finally gave us a decent episode to watch. It felt really rushed though, and I think it should have been a two-parter. I hope the show continues this improved performance when it returns in November.

i really liked this mini season. i sort of look at it as a mini series within the Dr who series run. to me all the episodes had a continuity and feel that made it all one story arc rather than several arcs carried over a longer season. bu that ending? wtf? november? that isnt a cliff hanger, that is just plain cruelty!

Shaun__ said:
This season seems to have been one big meh, but they finally gave us a decent episode to watch. It felt really rushed though, and I think it should have been a two-parter. I hope the show continues this improved performance when it returns in November.

Well, I guess it technically is a two-parter, as the 'ending' was more of a lead-in to the anniversary special & opened up more questions than it answered. But yeah, they could easily have stretched it out over a couple episodes.
I still enjoy the show, but not as much as I did when Russell T. Davies helmed it and David Tennant played The Doctor.

Reactions: SerenaMoon
I really liked it, it didn't seem rushed so much as it felt short. Idk maybe it's the same thing depending on how you look at it. I actually really like this season, I like Matt Smith though and not just because he's got a shag box ;) He made the series fun, I love David Tennant too but when he got in serious mode it was a major downer. Looking forward to November, omfg so far away. I am trying really hard to not give spoilers I may just explode after this.

Status
Not open for further replies.