AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does a username make any difference?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Flipping this around, how do models feel about customer usernames? I mean I've seen some horrific ones. I once used the name of a newly popular Metallica song as my username and ended up ditching it because everyone kept asking if I was into BDSM (presumably involving marionettes) 😂
Okay the Masters of Puppets reference was hilarious.

I don't have much of a criteria for client member names. I like ones that I can pronounce easy. If I can't then I will just call them babe, baby, bro, or some variation of that. They never seem to mind.

However, the name itself usually has no impact on me (though I have seen some sexy ones). What really matters for me is their personality, what they're into and if they are not too shy to get into it themselves.

Someone could have the hottest username, however if they would only sit there and watch, talk very little (at least to let me know how I'm doing) or just expect me to carry the weight of the full thing with little to no participation and while I would give them a good show...I would enjoy it much more with a username that I couldn't pronounce at all but that got into it and interacted if that makes sense.

The other thing regarding names I find kind of strange is how many Latina models choose really white usernames. You have this beautiful Colombian or Venezuelan woman and her username is "Molly Jones." Obviously she shouldn't use her real name, but it seems like relatively few opt for Latin names at all
A bit late but I feel like I should add to this. Latin-american is not an ethnicity and there are a lot of white Latins. So you probably mean Anglo-Saxon names. Also, a lot of white models have japanese names because they're focused on cosplay/ gaming and nobody thinks that's weird. We just pick a name that had to do with what we want to aim for and we all know that Latin-american customers are cheap af and nobody wants to attract that. And lastly, a lot of "white" names are just adaptations of previously existing Latin names.

A bit late but I feel like I should add to this. Latin-american is not an ethnicity and there are a lot of white Latins. So you probably mean Anglo-Saxon names. Also, a lot of white models have japanese names because they're focused on cosplay/ gaming and nobody thinks that's weird. We just pick a name that had to do with what we want to aim for and we all know that Latin-american customers are cheap af and nobody wants to attract that. And lastly, a lot of "white" names are just adaptations of previously existing Latin names.
excellent points and I apologize for my ignorance on the issue

excellent points and I apologize for my ignorance on the issue
No need to apologize! Just explaining why we do so. Because I'm latin-american and more to the white-ish spectrum of skin colors I find it "useful" for me not to be labeled as latin right away when it comes to camming. I think it's very common to use latin and brown skinned interchangeably but there are asians, blacks, whites and everything in between in Latin America.

Status
Not open for further replies.