AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Does Streamate text you for your information?!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2016
Hi everyone! I'm obviously new here, but these forms have helped me greatly in my crazy journey of being a cam model and I'm currently having a dilemma.

I recently wanted to switch over (test the waters) of Streamate since I've been primarily on CB. I filled out the small forum on their website with my name, birthday, email/phone, and a body/face photo, and was told someone would contact me soon. Which I figured would be an email directing me to set up a model account. Wrong. Later that night, around 11:30pm (weird right off the bat since it was so late) I got a text message saying it was someone reaching out to me on becoming a model. I didn't reply until this morning, and the person started asking for a bunch of personal information to "set up" my account in order to "train me". HUGE RED FLAGS FOR ME. So I haven't replied. I'll post screenshots of the messages below since it would be too long to explain.

What in the hell do you guys think?? Is this legitimate and I'm just being weird??

Thanks guys!

Attachments

• IMG_0453.JPG
    IMG_0453.JPG
    185.2 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0454.JPG
    IMG_0454.JPG
    173.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0455.JPG
    IMG_0455.JPG
    181.2 KB · Views: 73
If you didn't reply to that last bit, you dodged a bullet. That is shady as all hell! There is no way that's from someone working for SM, that's highly unprofessional.

Yeah no. Streamate wouldn't do this and it's a good thing you didn't respond. SM support does everything over email and I've never ever gotten a text from them and I'm coming up on a year with them. this is fishy as all hell. What link did you use to sign up for SM?

If you didn't reply to that last bit, you dodged a bullet. That is shady as all hell! There is no way that's from someone working for SM, that's highly unprofessional.

That's what I was thinking!! Thank god my sketchy radar went off, because there was noooo way in hell I was about to send that information over text. :shifty:

What scares me so much about this is that the website looked identical to SM. It completely fooled me. I worry about all the young inexperienced people out there that this sick person is preying on :envy:

That's what I was thinking!! Thank god my sketchy radar went off, because there was noooo way in hell I was about to send that information over text. :shifty:

What scares me so much about this is that the website looked identical to SM. It completely fooled me. I worry about all the young inexperienced people out there that this sick person is preying on :envy:
I hope that SM knows this is going on so they can send out some sort of notice to warn potential models. Possibly something @Streamate Recruiting could look into?

Yeah no. Streamate wouldn't do this and it's a good thing you didn't respond. SM support does everything over email and I've never ever gotten a text from them and I'm coming up on a year with them. this is fishy as all hell. What link did you use to sign up for SM?

That's what I had figured, since CB is email based as well. Tripped me out the moment I saw I had received a text from a weird number. :whew:

Looking back through my history, it looks like the link was this; http://streamatejobs.com/sign-me-up

Looking at it now, I see just how sketchy it is. Ugh.

That's what I had figured, since CB is email based as well. Tripped me out the moment I saw I had received a text from a weird number. :whew:

Looking back through my history, it looks like the link was this; http://streamatejobs.com/sign-me-up

Oh my word, this rando actually still has a site up? I knew that sounded familiar. Ugh. The email for this account is NOT an official SM email, it's gmail. SO SKETCH.

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 2.18.02 PM.png

Always trust your instincts :h:

I'm sorry you had this experience.

I filled out the small forum on their website with my name, birthday, email/phone, and a body/face photo, and was told someone would contact me soon.

I would keep an eye out on those creepy site/forums for your info and/or photos. Who knows how many small dicks are out there trying to ruin cammodels.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Katnabiss
Status
Not open for further replies.