AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Domi or webcam?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 12, 2021
At the moment I can only afford a Domi or webcam, which do you think would be most profitable? Does a webcam make much difference as opposed to a laptop cam?. If I use 2 laptops to stream then do I need 2 webcams or can I attach it to the same one?

Yes, your camera makes a HUGE difference... one of if not THE most important thing. Look at the successful models on any site, they all have HD, well-lit feeds.

Logtiech 920s, 922, or Brio at least.

Some sites will give you lower placement depending on your video quality too. A domi is a great thing to have, but not very useful if everyone is missing your stream due to the quality.

Webcam! It made a huge difference for us. I believe if you use both laptops in order to film yourself (let's say you want different angles), you'll need 2 cams, but if the objective is splitcamming, I think you can do it all in one laptop and one cam.
The Domi is very popular, but I personally don't find it very exciting to see someone using it. Good video quality will please everyone.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Definitely go for the HD webcam!

At first I was like "Two hundred dollars for a webcam???" regarding the Logitech Brio. So I had just enjoyed using the Logitech C920 for a while. Then after getting one of the stimulus checks, I ordered a Logitech Brio. And wow, what an improvement!

Your HD webcam (Whether it's C920, Brio, or a different cam), imo, is more important than having a Domi. A lot of models don't even use a Domi or Lush (I don't).

Reactions: NotYou
I'd say either use your phone as a webcam and get a domi, or buy a webcam and save up for a domi later. While camera quality isn't the #1 factor that will affect your earnings, there is still a baseline in terms of the quality you want to have, and 99.9% of laptop webcams don't meet it.

Reactions: travisbickle
It might be worth trying your phone. I have just been using my phone with EpocCam Pro as I’ve been getting started. It obviously doesn’t have zoom/pan function but the picture quality on a iPhone attached to my computer via USB is very good.

Reactions: travisbickle
Status
Not open for further replies.