AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Don't think cb pay share is fair

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 8, 2021
For each token you get paid $0.05
For each token cb make from 0.07999 (refill $79.99 )to 0.1099(refill 10.99)
It seemed alright if cb make same 0.07999 from every token ( You get 0.05/0.0799 =62.6% share of the pie)
However, for god know how much cb makes form 0.1099 priced coin, you get only 0.05/0.1099=45.5% share of the pie. And

62.6% is not even fair, because you are the content creator. And it get worse when the share can dip as low as 45.5% where more is given to the platform.

PS: Do you guys know what's the data for all other cam platforms? Curious to know. And general data for online content creation by demand industry like art design, video editing etc.

Ok, to start. It’s totally fair.

You would not have an audience without the site bringing major traffic to the site and thus to your room. They create a way for you to be paid and pay the processors to collect members money to convey to you. They also offer an array of options to make it easier for 1. you to stream to a large audience and 2. for members to interact with your room and make them want to give you money.

And then, it’s very on point with other cam sites, and even better payout rates than many.

Myfreecams, which was the predecessor to Chaturbate in terms of a popular token site focusing on public chat with tips as focus, is nearly the same and only slightly better. You always get 5 cents no matter what the member pays for them. This is a beneficial thing in order to keep track of what your items and shows are worth to YOU to sell, and if the member wants a discount, they need to buy bigger packages from the site.

There are private based sites that only offer a 40% or lower payout to models. CB and MFC are ahead of the curve on that.

Content sharing sites are measured on a different basis than live stream sites. they require different overhead, different servers, and different advertising. The current trend seems to be 80% payout on those.

Upvote 0
It seemed alright if cb make same 0.07999 from every token ( You get 0.05/0.0799 =62.6% share of the pie)
However, for god know how much cb makes form 0.1099 priced coin, you get only 0.05/0.1099=45.5% share of the pie. And

62.6% is not even fair, because you are the content creator. And it get worse when the share can dip as low as 45.5% where more is given to the platform.

PS: Do you guys know what's the data for all other cam platforms? Curious to know. And general data for online content creation by demand industry like art design, video editing etc.
Yeah it's not fair, models should get 102.5% share

Upvote 0
If you don't like the site taking their cut, you could always start your own site. You just have to pay for a credit card processor/have a percentage of everything you make go to these cc processors so that you can actually accept most major forms of payment, pay for your domain name/bandwidth/etc, either pay someone to build and maintain the site or spend extra time doing it yourself, pay for advertising or spend extra time doing it yourself and hope that your advertising pays off by actually supplying you with paying traffic who will trust your site enough to put in their private payment information. I'm sure there's some stuff I'm forgetting, but you get the gist of it.

The current trend seems to be 80% payout on those.

Just wanted to add on to this. My main sites, ManyVids, Clips4Sale and iWantClips all have 60% payouts for videos and 80% payouts on other services, like tips/tributes and customs.

My bread and butter is selling videos, and honestly, it doesn't bother me at all that 40% of whatever I price my videos as goes to the site. All I have to do is film, edit and post my videos. That's it. I don't even need to advertise or promote my content. The sites supply traffic for me. If I were to run my own site I wouldn't even make a fraction of what I currently make, and I'd be doing a hell of a lot more work.

Idk, I think it's incredibly entitled to think that the company who allows you to make a living should be doing it totally for free paying out of their pocket to do so.

Upvote 0
You always get 5 cents no matter what the member pays for them.

Is the pay-out to models dependent on how much someone pays for tokens? e.g., If I buy a large amount and receive a 40% discount, is the pay-out for each token also discounted 40%?

I never realized that if so. I thought the value paid to models was static and independent of my discount.

Upvote 0
These are some of the reasons why the paycut on Chaturbate isn't higher... in a bullet list for easy reading.

• When a customer buys tokens on CB he normally uses a credit card. In order to process it CB has an account on a CC processing site that vets companies and vouches for them for Visa and Mastercard. Since the adult industry has a really high fraud rate these CC processing sites keep 15% of whatever is spent on those transactions. Say Bob spends $20 to buy 200 tokens... $3 go to the payment processor off the bat. There are $17 left.

• While some of the audience is organic, a big chunk of the customers are from the affiliate program. CB runs the most successful affiliate program out of all camsites, this is why you have an audience watching you and tipping you. In order to get that audience CB offers people in their affiliate program 20% of whatever their accounts spend on the site for a lifetime. So CB has to pay 20% of anything spent by those accounts to 3rd parties. In layman terms: if Bob clicked on a banner to get to CB before buying his 200 tokens, then $4 go to the banner owner. They got $13 left.

• There are then, the models CB needs to pay their cut to. So if Bob tips Nastyafuckdoll 200 tokens for a tit flash, Nastya gets $10. We are left with only $3

With these $3 left CB needs to pay for all the expenses of running a massive streaming platform (bandwidth, server maintenance, etc) not to mention the regular costs of running a company like paying for their employee's wages, rent offices, pay for a legal and accounting teams, etc.

I think it's pretty fair. Not that I believe paycuts should be held to subjective morality standards of fairness... I guess what I mean is, it's rational and reasonable to get a 50% cut taking into account all the expenses of running an adult site of this nature.

Upvote 1
Is the pay-out to models dependent on how much someone pays for tokens? e.g., If I buy a large amount and receive a 40% discount, is the pay-out for each token also discounted 40%?

I never realized that if so. I thought the value paid to models was static and independent of my discount.
I think you misread my words. Or didn’t read them? Lol.

Upvote 0

Now imagine paying actual tax that goes up to 50%. Same people complaining about CB's cut are the same people that hate paying tax but love all the benefits of high tax. Wether tax money is spent wisely is another topic.

Reminds me of a video about a guy 'famous' youtube group breaking his back yet having to start a gofundme to be able to pay for his 200k medical bill.

CB kindly provides you up to 10-15k viewers for a 50% cut, life income and even more lucrative money ways if you put in the effort.

Go the extra mile and forget your topic OP ✌️

Upvote 0
I don't think the cost of running any business is zero. I ran my own small business for years and could usually pocket 8 - 12% of the annual revenue as profit. Office space, office supplies, furniture, computers, vehicles, community taxes (local and government), electricity, internet, phone, salaries, subscriptions, external accountant, cleaning, utilities, legal fees, outings, insurance, courses/seminars, interest on loans, charity and a zillion other things.

Any number of these apply to everyone who sell services or goods (except maybe low level drug dealers), including Chaturbate. If you are handed 45.5% of the revenue Chaturbate has on you, your only job is to make sure the dollar amount at the start of that calculation is so high you can choose to retire when you are 35. Those are simply the numbers you have to work with.

Good luck!

Reactions: Notjustmetoo
Upvote 0
Ok, to start. It’s totally fair.

You would not have an audience without the site bringing major traffic to the site and thus to your room. They create a way for you to be paid and pay the processors to collect members money to convey to you. They also offer an array of options to make it easier for 1. you to stream to a large audience and 2. for members to interact with your room and make them want to give you money.

And then, it’s very on point with other cam sites, and even better payout rates than many.

Myfreecams, which was the predecessor to Chaturbate in terms of a popular token site focusing on public chat with tips as focus, is nearly the same and only slightly better. You always get 5 cents no matter what the member pays for them. This is a beneficial thing in order to keep track of what your items and shows are worth to YOU to sell, and if the member wants a discount, they need to buy bigger packages from the site.

There are private based sites that only offer a 40% or lower payout to models. CB and MFC are ahead of the curve on that.

Content sharing sites are measured on a different basis than live stream sites. they require different overhead, different servers, and different advertising. The current trend seems to be 80% payout on those.
ty for responding

Upvote 0
If you don't like the site taking their cut, you could always start your own site. You just have to pay for a credit card processor/have a percentage of everything you make go to these cc processors so that you can actually accept most major forms of payment, pay for your domain name/bandwidth/etc, either pay someone to build and maintain the site or spend extra time doing it yourself, pay for advertising or spend extra time doing it yourself and hope that your advertising pays off by actually supplying you with paying traffic who will trust your site enough to put in their private payment information. I'm sure there's some stuff I'm forgetting, but you get the gist of it.
yep that's one option

Upvote 0
Just wanted to add on to this. My main sites, ManyVids, Clips4Sale and iWantClips all have 60% payouts for videos and 80% payouts on other services, like tips/tributes and customs.

My bread and butter is selling videos, and honestly, it doesn't bother me at all that 40% of whatever I price my videos as goes to the site. All I have to do is film, edit and post my videos. That's it. I don't even need to advertise or promote my content. The sites supply traffic for me. If I were to run my own site I wouldn't even make a fraction of what I currently make, and I'd be doing a hell of a lot more work.

Idk, I think it's incredibly entitled to think that the company who allows you to make a living should be doing it totally for free paying out of their pocket to do so.
Yep

Upvote 0
These are some of the reasons why the paycut on Chaturbate isn't higher... in a bullet list for easy reading.

• When a customer buys tokens on CB he normally uses a credit card. In order to process it CB has an account on a CC processing site that vets companies and vouches for them for Visa and Mastercard. Since the adult industry has a really high fraud rate these CC processing sites keep 15% of whatever is spent on those transactions. Say Bob spends $20 to buy 200 tokens... $3 go to the payment processor off the bat. There are $17 left.

• While some of the audience is organic, a big chunk of the customers are from the affiliate program. CB runs the most successful affiliate program out of all camsites, this is why you have an audience watching you and tipping you. In order to get that audience CB offers people in their affiliate program 20% of whatever their accounts spend on the site for a lifetime. So CB has to pay 20% of anything spent by those accounts to 3rd parties. In layman terms: if Bob clicked on a banner to get to CB before buying his 200 tokens, then $4 go to the banner owner. They got $13 left.

• There are then, the models CB needs to pay their cut to. So if Bob tips Nastyafuckdoll 200 tokens for a tit flash, Nastya gets $10. We are left with only $3

With these $3 left CB needs to pay for all the expenses of running a massive streaming platform (bandwidth, server maintenance, etc) not to mention the regular costs of running a company like paying for their employee's wages, rent offices, pay for a legal and accounting teams, etc.

I think it's pretty fair. Not that I believe paycuts should be held to subjective morality standards of fairness... I guess what I mean is, it's rational and reasonable to get a 50% cut taking into account all the expenses of running an adult site of this nature.
I'm new to this. Thanks for explaining in details and with simple examples.

Upvote 0
I don't think the cost of running any business is zero. I ran my own small business for years and could usually pocket 8 - 12% of the annual revenue as profit. Office space, office supplies, furniture, computers, vehicles, community taxes (local and government), electricity, internet, phone, salaries, subscriptions, external accountant, cleaning, utilities, legal fees, outings, insurance, courses/seminars, interest on loans, charity and a zillion other things.

Any number of these apply to everyone who sell services or goods (except maybe low level drug dealers), including Chaturbate. If you are handed 45.5% of the revenue Chaturbate has on you, your only job is to make sure the dollar amount at the start of that calculation is so high you can choose to retire when you are 35. Those are simply the numbers you have to work with.

Good luck!
Yep small business is not that easy. Good luck too!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.