AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dont wanna come across lazy 1st Day

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

asdfghert

Deactivated Account
Sep 7, 2015
So today was my first day and it wasnt great 40$ not giving up yet but what do i do when people become member but dont talk or tip they seem to just be sitting there i tried dancing i tried talking to em (talking to myself) but for the past 2 hours i only made 40 tokens even tho people were like looking oh and i have my first promoter guy who like boots people out who are rude do i tip him too?

• Wat?!
Reactions: NerdieBirdie
You'll want to become a verified model for advice on how to make more and have a better show because the models only section has tons of helpful information. But as for the mod, do not tip him/her. They're helpers, not employees. You can tip if you genuinely want to, but don't expect it and if your mod is telling you to tip them I'd boot them.

Hello Jordyn,

As Luna said, becoming verified here as a model (There is a thread on how to do so here: https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/how-to-get-verified-cam-girl-status.1696/ ) will be your best path on finding ways to increase your earnings.

From what you described you tried very hard to engage the premiums in you room, but a sad fact is that even the best models have a huge percent of silent non-interactive watchers in their rooms. It's much more easy to notice in a new room like yours where the tipping and talking is far between.

As for your 'promoter' you describe, that was a member that offered to help you out I wager, and you made them "Room helper". As a rule room helpers are members that a model has come to know and trust, who help out because they want to, and enjoy being an aid to a model they enjoy. I've never heard of one getting paid for the position, and if your helper asked you to tip them, then they were trying to take advantage of you as a new model. As a rule no one in your room should ever be asking for tokens from YOU.

If your helper was just that, a helpful member on your first night, then a thank you is more then enough. If you wanted to do more a PM saying that you appreciated him making your night easier is also a nice option.

Good luck! It can seem very hard to make things work, but there are many here who will be happy to share advice and experience.

As a rule no one in your room should ever be asking for tokens from YOU

if you want to see my shower show, you're tipping me :D

seriously though, for the original poster, be careful with guys wanting to "help" newbies.
Some are great, and will help you with camming in ways even reading every post on this forum wouldn't do.
but a lot are looking for free stuff or power.

I wouldn't cede control over my room to a guy you just met 5 minutes ago.
You should decide who gets banned, not some random guy on a power trip.

So today was my first day and it wasnt great 40$ not giving up yet but what do i do when people become member but dont talk or tip they seem to just be sitting there i tried dancing i tried talking to em (talking to myself) but for the past 2 hours i only made 40 tokens even tho people were like looking oh and i have my first promoter guy who like boots people out who are rude do i tip him too?

Here is a good token converter to use, just thought I should give you a heads up that 40 tokens does not equate $40, it's about $2 so if someone is demanding something for that low of a tip I wouldn't do anything personally. I found I had good success having a countdown (not a crazy high one, did 400 last time) to a group show, the group show seems to wield in a lot of money for me, also I feel more comfortable that way and it's less likely for your shows to be uploaded that way as well.

In terms of the mod don't tip him lol (can models even tip members? idk) just reward him some other way that doesn't cost you tokens like adding him as a friend on MFC so you two can PM or something.

I 100% agree. You should never have to tip a mod.
What camsite are you using? If it's chaturbate, a good rule of thumb is to not trust any 'greys' that ask to be your mod right off the bat. They just want freebies. Now, this doesn't apply to every single one, I've met some genuinely kind greys on CB. Maybe they figure if they can't tip, they can at least help us out. But members like that are kinda rare.

I had my first proper webcam session this evening did't get much either 200 tokens on MFC for about 2 hours work altogether, after being conned for the first half hour by a guy saying he had sent tokens tips and asking me to do stuff, which i showed a little bit flesh and a quick flash until a guest member told me he was a scammer to which I quickly checked my token balance and low and behold he was a scammer. I logged off for a bit and did a little internet research on tips for new models getting started and came across an article stating not to fee bad l about booting someone out your room for time wasting etc. I logged back on and the same guy tried it on again i immediately kicked him out of the chat only for him to return later. A few times this happened guys coming across all friendly and nice offering to buy me amazon gifts again another guy on MFC told me to look at his pm so when i did he tried to advise me not to trust him and that this guy was also a scammer. He did kind of help me out a little and tipped me 100 tokens but in return of a telephone call he gave me his number and I called him withholding my number. I had earned the other 100 earlier that day from a couple of other guys. so for all the bad guys out there you do have the same amount of good ones. A couple of guys tonight helped me out a little when some members were getting a bit sarcastic and trying to intimidate me obviously they know i'm a newbie and trying to push there luck to see how far they get. It didn't take long though to establish who the fake guys were and who the genuine ones were. So yeah first night went predominantly well by the end of my session i felt quite good I know its a slow process and you dont get rich overnight and its a case of building up a fan base but have to admit most of the guys even though they didn't put there hands in their pocket financially they were lovely and i appreciated their back up and the comments they wrote to some of the not so nice cheeky guys.

I had my first proper webcam session this evening did't get much either 200 tokens on MFC for about 2 hours work altogether, after being conned for the first half hour by a guy saying he had sent tokens tips and asking me to do stuff, which i showed a little bit flesh and a quick flash until a guest member told me he was a scammer to which I quickly checked my token balance and low and behold he was a scammer. I logged off for a bit and did a little internet research on tips for new models getting started and came across an article stating not to fee bad l about booting someone out your room for time wasting etc. I logged back on and the same guy tried it on again i immediately kicked him out of the chat only for him to return later. A few times this happened guys coming across all friendly and nice offering to buy me amazon gifts again another guy on MFC told me to look at his pm so when i did he tried to advise me not to trust him and that this guy was also a scammer. He did kind of help me out a little and tipped me 100 tokens but in return of a telephone call he gave me his number and I called him withholding my number. I had earned the other 100 earlier that day from a couple of other guys. so for all the bad guys out there you do have the same amount of good ones. A couple of guys tonight helped me out a little when some members were getting a bit sarcastic and trying to intimidate me obviously they know i'm a newbie and trying to push there luck to see how far they get. It didn't take long though to establish who the fake guys were and who the genuine ones were. So yeah first night went predominantly well by the end of my session i felt quite good I know its a slow process and you dont get rich overnight and its a case of building up a fan base but have to admit most of the guys even though they didn't put there hands in their pocket financially they were lovely and i appreciated their back up and the comments they wrote to some of the not so nice cheeky guys.
one thing ive learned that boosts the amount you make in each private session is i ask for tips im not pushy most are generous so they do it normally meeting my unspecified goal that i had in mind but i do come across the ones that are conservative with their tokens and give you the whole... im paying you by the minute and i leave it at that but if you want any extra like anal then idc how much your paying for the minute i still want a tip.

The first day is always the hardest. Your always a little nervous , unsure how the site works , not confident on what you should be doing etc .. its perfectly normal.

Give yourself time to adapt .. it will come to you.

Camming is not just about switching on a camera and teasing .. believe me I thought it was that easy at the beginning lol. You need lamps or these studio lights so you are more clear .. lighting is very important. Your camera is better in HD .. try and invest in a good cam .. you dont need to spend a fortune.
You need some toys as cam sites provide lots of apps you can open and play games in the main room .. it could be like a raffle game or a roll the dice thing to win sexy prizes .. but always remember to keep teasing .. dont think that you only perform when you receive tips .. you need to flash every now and again to keep people interested and stay in your room. I would also suggest opening a twitter account to follow people and advertise your pics and videos and when you will be online. Follow your camsite on twitter and they will retweet your posts to their followers. Follow other camgirls and occassionaly watch them to get inspiration. If your playing music in background keep it low. Avoid typing or being silent on cam .. people enjoy you speaking and interacting with them .. say hello and thank them for tips.

Most importantly ... try to be regular even if your having quiet or bad days .. we all have them. If you cant be on drop the odd message on twitter to keep your followers interest. You always get rude and disrecpectful people .. do not argue with them in main room just silence or ban as it will lose you followers.

I know its a lot and you will see people with thousands of people in their rooms but they will have been around a lot longer than you .. take your time.

Happy Camming x

be careful with guys wanting to "help" newbies.
Some are great, and will help you with camming in ways even reading every post on this forum wouldn't do.
but a lot are looking for free stuff or power.

Thank you for saying this! That is one thing I wish that I had been more weary of my first few broadcasts. Guys hanging out and giving loads of advice, distracting me from the room and not contributing to the room convo or tipping, getting on a serious power trip. I ended up having to ban a couple of them who would immediately come in my room and start basically bossing me around under the guise of helping. Gross :depressed:

Status
Not open for further replies.