AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Father Rewrites Game to Help Daughter Cope

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TacoBelle

Cam Model
Apr 29, 2012
Personally, I think it's bullshit. While I do agree that there are few female lead characters in old-school games (with the exception of games like Metroid), I don't think we should be catering to the youth to make it easier to deal with. It's like all these kids getting awards because "No one's a loser." Screw that. Kids should learn that it's hard work to get what you want, and then when they do achieve their goals, they can take pride in their accomplishments.

We (I say we as a collective regarding the future US parents) are raising a bunch of pansies who will not be prepared for the real world. /rant

I think it's sweet he did that for her, it's something unique that he most likely enjoyed doing, and will be something of hers she can look at and think of her dad for the rest of her life.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I think there is a difference between a father making Link in to a girl for his 3-year-old daughter as a father/daughter bonding experience and catering to youth to make their lives easier.

"Girls can be heroes too!" seems a few steps away from, "Make sure that EVERY kid in class gets an award for something so that nobody is upset when only a few kids get end of the year awards."

I remember when I was in a charter school, the teacher started giving out award for some great stuff. One girl finished her entire yearly curriculum in 6 months. I think that deserves an award. But then shit started to get ridiculous. One 6 year old kid got an award because his mom brought cookies. I got an award for attending one mandatory writing workshop. So I think lots of those things are pretty ridiculous, but I don't think that a guy shifting gender roles in an old arcade game for his toddler daughter is turning her in to a pansy.

Seems like a waste of time to me. He should have played Knights of the Old Republic with her instead. I always played a duel light saber wielding Sith female Jedi in it with no recoding needed.

Wait. Link was a guy?

I really wasn't sure when the game first came out. But then I didn't play them because my parents didn't buy me a Nintendo I had a Sega. Seems pointless really, but who am I to judge? Like someone else mentioned, there are plenty of female leads in games nowadays. Maybe the girl just really enjoys Zelda so he wanted to augment her favorite game?

This is kinda cute, almost pointless as she's 3 lol, but cute! Then again, I like being a female character in games more than a male as then I can relate so for me I think even at 3 it would have made the game more fun for me. Also at that age you think all boys are stupid (that age...? :p ). I also like my character to be super hot, 7ft and have massive jugs just like me! jokes lol

If self esteem were ever going to be an issue, umm.... have you seen Lara Croft?! That woman is obviously completely unrealistic in a super hottie way (the game not the film Lara). Makes me feel a little bit jealous but also a little bit horny (yeah she's a graphic but I so don't care). If any computer game graphic is going to fuck with girls self esteems it's her!

I think it's pretty awesome, and she'll probably appreciate it a lot when she gets older (I would!). Plus, if he's willing to spend the time and effort to do that, I'm sure he's teaching her plenty of other things that will set her up well for the future, no coddling needed.

Reactions: Jupiter551
Status
Not open for further replies.