AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Favorite Farm Fresh In- Season Produce?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocefish

I did bad things, privileges revoked!
In the Dog House
Mar 26, 2010
Usually somewhere between flippant and glib.
Farm fresh corn tops my list in these parts but forgot how much I liked fresh radishes.

As a kid, we usually had fresh green onions and radishes with almost every meal.

Fresh grapefruit and oranges while in Florida too.

What say you?

Reactions: ElaySmith
I grew up in Oregon and black berries are invasive and EVERYWHERE! They are a major headache but berry season is pretty awesome, and you can fill up baskets just walking down any rural road.

Tomatoes. My grocery store sells local tomatoes when they're in season, and they're SO good. I will just eat a tomato like it's an apple, they're delicious!

Pretty much everything! I’m in rural nc where it’s very easy to get good locally grown produce. I like stopping at the roadside stands any chance I get to support local farmers directly. Strawberry’s, watermelon, corn and tomatoes are at the top of my list though.

I agree with @ElaySmith on pretty much everything. My problem is that I live alone, and am on a diet that limits the amount of fruits and veggies. So, it's almost a waste for me to stop at farmer's markets, or farmer's stands now. Last time I did, I bought a very small amount of green beans and a head of lettuce and it went bad before I could even eat half of it.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I love peaches!

Farm fresh cucumbers & zucchinis!! I love grilling them up with some onions in the summertime!

I also love fresh watermelon. I could eat it all day.

@ForceTen I have the hardest time with lettuce too, I just can't eat it fast enough. You should look into a lettuce saver, I bought this one on amazon and it works pretty well. I use to use it pretty regularly for all kinds of fruits and veggies.

Edit to avoid DP but yall are killing me. I want to live in this thread. I usually grow my own jalapeño peppers, squash, zucchini and tomatoes in my back yard and some of my family has a "small garden" (it feeds both sides of their family) where they grow corn, butter beans, snap beans, potatoes, okra, watermelon and probably more things that Im forgetting right now. Once you pick it fresh its hard going back to store bought anything.

Last edited:
@ForceTen I have the hardest time with lettuce too, I just can't eat it fast enough. You should look into a lettuce saver, I bought this one on amazon and it works pretty well. I use to use it pretty regularly for all kinds of fruits and veggies.

Thanks Elay. I used to have a lettuce container from tupperware that did okay. But that one looks pretty decent, will have to give it some consideration.

Lately, I've been going to the store every couple of days. I usually eat an avocado every day, and those go bad quickly so I can only buy a couple at a time. Otherwise, I just tend to buy frozen now. It sucks, because I really like the farm fresh produce.

Thanks Elay. I used to have a lettuce container from tupperware that did okay. But that one looks pretty decent, will have to give it some consideration.

Lately, I've been going to the store every couple of days. I usually eat an avocado every day, and those go bad quickly so I can only buy a couple at a time. Otherwise, I just tend to buy frozen now. It sucks, because I really like the farm fresh produce.
We freeze or can a lot of the food from our garden. Its not that hard to do, just time consuming and it still tastes so much better than store bought frozen veggies. Ive even cut and battered okra so that I could easily unthaw and fry it later on. The biggest thing when freezing is to do it with a vacuum seal bag if you can.

Tomatoes top my list, but everything really. If I were planting a garden I'd start with tomatoes and dill. When we first moved to Florida, our yard had both oranges and grapefruit. That seemed pretty cool even though I'm not huge on citrus. Green peppers. Do eggs count? Farm eggs are fantastic.

Tomatoes top my list, but everything really. If I were planting a garden I'd start with tomatoes and dill. When we first moved to Florida, our yard had both oranges and grapefruit. That seemed pretty cool even though I'm not huge on citrus. Green peppers. Do eggs count? Farm eggs are fantastic.
Eggs should definitely count. I had 10 chickens and they were the best things ever. I plan to have more one day.

Fresh tomatoes have a totally different taste than store bought! So much better. Peaches and nectarines are also outstanding.

Farm fresh corn tops my list in these parts but forgot how much I liked fresh radishes.

As a kid, we usually had fresh green onions and radishes with almost every meal.

Fresh grapefruit and oranges while in Florida too.

What say you?

Did you get permission from Guy to ask random questions? That is his gig? :haha:

I love any kind of fruit, but what I really love is local vine ripe tomatoes. I"m not sure if it is my climate, soil, or brown thumb, but growing tomatoes almost never ends well for me.

Did you get permission from Guy to ask random questions? That is his gig? :haha:
I figured that response would come eventually.

Random questions are fine but it makes a big difference on forums like this that you share some of your own thoughts, feelings, experiences on the subject instead of just asking random questions.

I love any kind of fruit, but what I really love is local vine ripe tomatoes. I"m not sure if it is my climate, soil, or brown thumb, but growing tomatoes almost never ends well for me.

Same here!

I love fresh maters & tried for 2 years to grow my own but they always turned out far less than optimal. Felt a little better after buying some from a local farmer last week and her's weren't any better. The weather, soil, watering... never thought maters were so hard to get right!

Strange fact: My neighbor hates tomatoes because he thinks the seeds inside look evil, ha.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
Just had BLT'S last night with tomatoes from my grandparent's garden. They were soooo good. I got voluntold to cook the 2 lbs of bacon for the family, and I got grease pops in the face twice, and I lost track of how many on my arm and hand. I'm so grateful for my glasses, bacon grease to the eyes would have sucked!

Reactions: JickyJuly
There's nothing I enjoy more than a perfect apricot. Alas apricot season is brief and most growers choose to grow the bland tasteless varieties that keep well and ship to stores with minimal damage, so I only get good apricots for 2–3 weeks. (And only at the farmers market. I wish my mom still had her trees!)

Luckily the other stone fruits have longer seasons and are more likely to have good varieties available for much of the summer so I can switch to plums and peaches once the good apricots have disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.