AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Financial trouble?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have spent more than I could afford on some things, yes. I've gone out to eat too often, I've purchased more clothing/books/shoes than I should have, hell, I've even spent more than I could afford on groceries. I spend too much on gifts for friends and family. I have never done so on a camsite, however. I see camsites, as an entertainment perspective, the way I see a strip club: I go only when I can afford it, and I only spend the amount that I can afford to spend and still pay for whatever I need until my next paycheck (I seem incapable of this when I'm Christmas or birthday shopping, though). It's the same with going to a movie, or going out drinking - if I can't afford frivolous fun, I don't have frivolous fun, I stay home and have fiscally responsible fun.

Yes, it's hard to resist the tempation. I have a big wad of $1 bills right now because I purchased a fairly cheap item with a $100 bill and they didn't have any big bills to make change for me. I'd really like to go blow that at a strip club on the awesome ladies who know me and pull me onstage with them. But I'm not going to, because I have three doctor appointments next week, and I need to spend my money on those instead. I'd love to be able to throw off the responsibility of going to the appointments and keeping myself healthy, but in the long run, I can't afford to throw my health under the bus like that, as I would end up losing work and therefore money.

Being a grown-up sucks sometimes. It can be a real bitch. But, we have to do it. We have to plan our finances and decide which luxuries we can afford at the moment, and which we need to postpone until a later date. If you're throwing yourself into debt on MFC, it's probably time to step back and look at your finances. I plan out the times that I can have fun, so that I can work it into my budget. When I receive paycheck X, I'm going to hop onto MFC, buy X amount of tokens, and tip some awesome ladies X amount before logging off and saving some tokens for a later date. The next paycheck, it's time to pay rent and I can't afford tokens, so I make use of the one's I've saved. This paycheck, I'm going out to the club on night Y, however, next paycheck, when I need to pay the phonebill, I'll stay home and drink booze that I already have while listening to music and dancing around the living room. Yes, I have a husband and roommates who can help with the expenses if I genuinely can't afford a bill, but I feel like an ass if I'm not pulling my fair share of the bills.

I spent too much when I first joined. It took months to get my credit card payed down, because I still tipped while doing it. Now I pay off my credit card every time I get payed. It makes me pay attention to how much I spend.

freeezze said:
{Try to remember that I stated very clearly that I do not blame the MFC ladies.So there is no need to put me down}

You are way to touchy and sensitive... so I won't even bother to explain or engage further. Only to say - you weren't being put down, and if you thought you were, then you need to chill a tad.

Oh, and if you just want to canvas a response to a question without any form of discussion - post a poll. By definition, it's what it is there for.

*edit* Having read the rest, only conclusion is that you are a troll, come in to try and rip the place up a bit :lol:

I've never spent more than I could afford. I don't spend anywhere near what I could afford either. Life has priorities.

Reactions: LadyLuna
freeezze said:
JoleneBrody said:
You came in to our house and then complained about the color of the wall paper? Well I'm sorry, this isn't askaperv.com. This is a community of real live people who interact with each other like real live people. You should be fucking honored people even bothered to answer you at all, considering you don't have the decency to even introduce yourself first, you entitled little shit! (yes, I called you a name and you more than earned it) Nobody owes you fucking shit and YOU don't get to dictate how this community runs.

You would have to max out your credit cards for me to put up with you for more than 5 minutes and banning would still be only 6 minutes away, so I guess I can see how this happened.

Good lord!

I'm not in your house, I'm in a public forum on the internet. And I was not asking for askaperv.com, whatever that is. Yes Jolene I can see that there is a community here, I have read many posts on this site, and yes I should have known better than to expect anything other than jeers and sneers from the fuckin' know-alls that live under the bridge and come out periodically to stamp their short fat hairy legs. I don't dictate. I asked a few questions. You perhaps lean towards the dictator.
Well this IS MY HOUSE, and all of these lovely people have respectfully earned a seat in MY HOUSE, therefore, you're pissing on their carpet as well. Also, you're acting really fucking stupid.

I suggest you go find askaperv.com because ambercutieandherfunfriends.com no longer opens its doors to ya.

mmmmkaythanks!

If everyone else wants to continue this conversation in the more constructive and helpful sense, feel free!

LadyLuna said:
Speaking as a model: I don't want you to put yourself in debt for me. My members don't understand this. I make them think it's purely practical (if you go in debt, you won't be able to give me as much money later! I'd rather you give me a little bit over a long period of time, than a giant amount now and never again!), but the truth is, I really honestly care. I can't stand the thought of other people in trouble. Even if they were never going to tip me again after that day whether they went in debt or not, I'd still rather they not go into debt for me.

with the greatest respect....this is a duh comment....
any guy who is in camland plagued by the suspicion that you REALLY want to "milk him dry" is seriously.....
disoriented.

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
From the comments, it feels like freeezze is fishing for abuse. He WANTS you to troll him, and since he hasn't gotten any actual trolly comments, he's taking anything negative as troll.

Hun, if you ask your mother for a cookie and she says "no", she's not trolling you.
If you ask a friend if they liked a movie that you liked, and they say "no", they're not trolling you.
If you ask a teacher if the answer on your homework is correct and s/he says "no", you're not being trolled.

No one has insulted you. No one has done anything but given you reasonable answers and suggestions, and yet you call "troll", "abuse", and "negative treatment".

So here's a little bit of advice:
-if a member has a black or dark blue name, it's probably male, and is not a verified model. This means that the person you are addressing is a fellow from the member side of things.

-if a member has a purple name, it's definitely female, and is a verified model. This means she definitely has a model account on a reputable camsite. Many models also have member accounts, so they might actually be speaking from the member side of things.

-if a member has a light blue name, and the name is AmberCutie, it's the creator of this forum, so treat with respect unless you want to be banned. She is a model on MFC.

-if a member has a light blue name, and the name is Jawbs, it's the co-creator of this forum, a male.

-----

I have a member account that I don't use very often. To keep myself from overspending, I have a very simple habit. I view the cams in my bedroom. The credit cards are in my purse by the front door. I buy tokens, then replace the credit card, before I ever view the cams. If I want to keep myself from spending the tokens all at once, I use the bank option. Thus, if I want to spend on a whim, I have to leave the bedroom, get to the front door, unzip the purse, pull out the wallet, wrestle with the card, walk back to the bedroom, before I can ever enter the details.

I happen to be lazy, and also find it hard to spend on things I don't really need. Thus, by the time I get the purse out from under the shoes, I've usually had my second thoughts.

Speaking as a model: I don't want you to put yourself in debt for me. My members don't understand this. I make them think it's purely practical (if you go in debt, you won't be able to give me as much money later! I'd rather you give me a little bit over a long period of time, than a giant amount now and never again!), but the truth is, I really honestly care. I can't stand the thought of other people in trouble. Even if they were never going to tip me again after that day whether they went in debt or not, I'd still rather they not go into debt for me.

I fapped to this.

It took me way too long to figure this out, but starting late last year, I decided to stop paying for my tokens with a credit card and pay with my debit card instead. And then I only use money that is deposited into my savings account instead of my checking account ($100 per paycheck). My balla status has officially been revoked. :crybaby:

bob said:
LadyLuna said:

with the greatest respect....this is a duh comment....
any guy who is in camland plagued by the suspicion that you REALLY want to "milk him dry" is seriously.....
disoriented.

Financial domination enthusiasts notwithstanding ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.