AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Fixed cam lag issues

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 16, 2011
So, I've been an MFC member for 3.5 years, about 3 months ago, I got a new Surface Pro 3... after a few weeks, MFC started lagging badly for me. I couldn't figure it out. It was seriously affecting my ability to enjoy regular's rooms.

Finally, I realized it was related to the fact that it refreshes with MFC every time a model on my friends list logs on or signs off (it shows a message at the top, & on my friends list). So I deleted every single one of the hundreds of models on my friends list and... walla! No lag issues. So members, if you're experiencing lag issues, this may be something to try. Don't have to delete every model, but if you are a slutty friender like me, might try to prune the list. Leaving this out there in case it helps anyone else.

I have a surface pro 3. Been using it on mfc since it was released about a year ago.

A couple week have passed. Is your solution working for you?

I dont think all that much gets refreshed when a model logs in.
Certainly you could turn off the model notification at the top of the home page.
Click on the scroll looking thing next to the notification, and change to no.
You could also change the model list to be text only.
I dont think it is what is causing your problem, I dont have that many model friends, but I have problems with mfc that are just me and not mfc.

I believe the issue is throttling. When the cpu gets too hot the surface will throttle back your cpu/gpu speed.

Here is a youtube video demonstrating overheating, and throttling while gaming on the Surface Pro 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I__UMfYWcI8
It uses the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility (free download) to show what is happening with temps, processor speed and throttling. I have it installed and I think it is verifying that this is my issue.

One solution involves ordering a 3d printed part, and a fan and mounting a fan to keep the surface cool
- http://www.surfaceforums.net/threads/sp ... ing.14079/
I'm thinking of doing that, although I'll probably call my brother for soldering help. (and by help I mean he can do it for me :D )

Status
Not open for further replies.