AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Forget the gays; church won't allow black couple to marry

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Forget the gays; church won't allow black couple to marr

Shaun__ said:
When will bigotry be recognized as a mental illness, so they can be removed from the general populace for their own safety?
For most of my life I've had a recurring fantasy about a very sexy rich gentleman with a large penis, who lives on a mansion in a tropical island, who kidnaps stupid people and punches them in the face until they learn their lesson.

Sometimes I fantasize about him during sex.

I'd like to know why, if the ones who objected to the marriage were only, as the story says, "a small minority of members," why did the pastor give in to them? And if for some reason he has to tolerate this group, why in the world would he stay with such an ignorant church, assuming the majority did not stand behind the pastor and the couple.

Reactions: BlueViolet

A friend of mine was staying with her (white) American boyfriend in Mississippi for a few months last year. when they were driving around she commented on the lack of pools, and was told: "When Kennedy said that it was no longer acceptable to have segregated swimming pools, local government voted to have them all filled in"

I couldn't tell you how accurate this actually is, but it made quite an impression on her.

Reactions: LadyLuna

"I didn't want to have a controversy within the church, and I didn't want a controversy to affect the wedding of Charles and Te' Andrea. I wanted to make sure their wedding day was a special day," said Weatherford.

That pretty much answers the "why did the pastor give in to them" part. I'm inclined to agree with the pastor that on one days notice, it was best to just move it rather than reschedule everything or fight it and risk a spectacle. I wonder what effects this will have going forward though.

Mirra said:
"I didn't want to have a controversy within the church, and I didn't want a controversy to affect the wedding of Charles and Te' Andrea. I wanted to make sure their wedding day was a special day," said Weatherford.

That pretty much answers the "why did the pastor give in to them" part. I'm inclined to agree with the pastor that on one days notice, it was best to just move it rather than reschedule everything or fight it and risk a spectacle. I wonder what effects this will have going forward though.
Yeah, mustn't have a controversy, it might annoy the bigots. :roll:

Reactions: 1 person

That's pathetic. Never let your so-called family or "church family" get in the way of you marrying the person you love...over some bullshit.....

Gotta love the way some church members act..... NOT!

Shouting "Hallelujah!" and "Thank you, Jesus!" and whatnot during church service, and then the moment church service is over they're huddled in a corner gossiping about who the father of Sista Nancy's baby is..... :roll: :naughty:

Reactions: Nordling

The_Brown_Fox said:
That's pathetic. Never let your so-called family or "church family" get in the way of you marrying the person you love...over some bullshit.....

Gotta love the way some church members act..... NOT!

Shouting "Hallelujah!" and "Thank you, Jesus!" and whatnot during church service, and then the moment church service is over they're huddled in a corner gossiping about who the father of Sista Nancy's baby is..... :roll: :naughty:
Exactly. Using the metaphor of a shepherd and a flock of sheep, this pastor appears to be allowing a couple intractable sheep to make the rules in the lea.

Reactions: 1 person

I would be livid if someone decided to move my wedding location the day before my wedding. I don't go to church but I can see how someone who goes to church regularly would want to be wed there.

The pastor certainly could have stood up the the 'minority' of people that were against the wedding. Why does skin color matter in a marriage? Isn't a good thing that these two people want to be married in the first place?

I just don't understand how in 2012 there is still so much hate in the world.

AllisonWilder said:
I would be livid if someone decided to move my wedding location the day before my wedding. I don't go to church but I can see how someone who goes to church regularly would want to be wed there.

The pastor certainly could have stood up the the 'minority' of people that were against the wedding. Why does skin color matter in a marriage? Isn't a good thing that these two people want to be married in the first place?

I was mostly confused as to how the couple reserved the church months in advance for the wedding only to be turned away the day of... it seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

Evvie said:
AllisonWilder said:

I was mostly confused as to how the couple reserved the church months in advance for the wedding only to be turned away the day of... it seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

It is absolutely ridiculous. Apparently people had a chance to stew in their hatred long enough to try to ruin this couples special day.

Shaun__ said:
When will bigotry be recognized as a mental illness, so they can be removed from the general populace for their own safety?

When will religion be recognised as a mental illness, so they can be removed from the general population for their own safety?

Red7227 said:
Shaun__ said:

When will religion be recognised as a mental illness, so they can be removed from the general population for their own safety?

As an atheist I have no problem with people believing in things I can not disprove, as long as they do not try to force their views on me or others. Like the happy couple who wanted to be married.

It is funny how a minority of the church's regular congregation is to "blame" for this story, but look around, minority groups F it up for all of us A LOT! (By minority, I mean a relatively small percentage of people, not any special interest groups)
How many times has it happened that ONE upset parent goes on a rampage (figuratively) at a school over some bullshit and an entire event has to be cancelled or extremely altered to accommidate said po'ed parent?
Or when ONE guy goes on a shooting spree at the movies and now every theatre is going all security-checkpointy on all of us?
When someONE'S fat kid makes McDonald's take the toys out of ALL of our kid's happy meals.

There are millions of examples out there.
FEAR and overreaction is often the cause. When a principal is afraid of causing a scene,losing a job, or causing a lawsuit (however frivilous it may be) they give in to that fear.
When theatre owners are afraid that people don't feel safe going to the movies the overreact.
And major coorperations are afraid to lose a single customer, so even the crazies have their demands met!

Freq said:
It is funny how a minority of the church's regular congregation is to "blame" for this story, but look around, minority groups F it up for all of us A LOT! (By minority, I mean a relatively small percentage of people, not any special interest groups)
How many times has it happened that ONE upset parent goes on a rampage (figuratively) at a school over some bullshit and an entire event has to be cancelled or extremely altered to accommidate said po'ed parent?
Or when ONE guy goes on a shooting spree at the movies and now every theatre is going all security-checkpointy on all of us?
When someONE'S fat kid makes McDonald's take the toys out of ALL of our kid's happy meals.

There are millions of examples out there.
FEAR and overreaction is often the cause. When a principal is afraid of causing a scene,losing a job, or causing a lawsuit (however frivilous it may be) they give in to that fear.
When theatre owners are afraid that people don't feel safe going to the movies the overreact.
And major coorperations are afraid to lose a single customer, so even the crazies have their demands met!
Yeah, that's where the phrase "the squeaky wheel gets oiled" comes from. Often a vocal minority has an overabundance of power in a larger group. In this case, however, what they are squeaking is so outrageous, that I don't blame them (they are an archaic remnant of an earlier time), I blame the pastor and the rest of the congregation who basically are standing by and allowing these freaks to hold such sway.

Nordling said:
Nothing to do with the bigots in my opinion. More about having the wedding be *gasp* a fucking wedding and not some kind of statement or other such event. The time for challenging this is either before the wedding or after the wedding. Not during the wedding. At least I personally know if I should ever get married I wouldn't want it to be anything but a marriage. When it's your marriage you can make it a giant spectacle if you end up in some kind of controversial situation though. Have fun!

Mirra said:
Nordling said:
Nothing to do with the bigots in my opinion. More about having the wedding be *gasp* a fucking wedding and not some kind of statement or other such event. The time for challenging this is either before the wedding or after the wedding. Not during the wedding. At least I personally know if I should ever get married I wouldn't want it to be anything but a marriage. When it's your marriage you can make it a giant spectacle if you end up in some kind of controversial situation though. Have fun!
Nothing to do with bigots? Then please explain the nature of the "minority" mentioned in the story who caused the pastor to piss his pants and change the venue of the wedding? They chose to have the wedding in THAT church, and although not nearly enough details are given, I have to assume that because they're considering further actions, that it's likely they would have fought to have it AT that church if the pastor hadn't folded.

This is largely speculation I admit. I want to know what sort of people the "minority" are and what was the exact nature of their successful attempt to derail an already-scheduled wedding. It'd also be interesting to know why the couple hadn't actually joined the church, since they had been regular attendees for some time.

What exactly was it that happened the fucking DAY before the long-planned wedding that caused the pastor to change everything. Was his life threatened?

Nordling said:
Nothing to do with bigots? Then please explain the nature of the "minority" mentioned in the story who caused the pastor to piss his pants and change the venue of the wedding? They chose to have the wedding in THAT church, and although not nearly enough details are given, I have to assume that because they're considering further actions, that it's likely they would have fought to have it AT that church if the pastor hadn't folded.

This is largely speculation I admit. I want to know what sort of people the "minority" are and what was the exact nature of their successful attempt to derail an already-scheduled wedding. It'd also be interesting to know why the couple hadn't actually joined the church, since they had been regular attendees for some time.

What exactly was it that happened the fucking DAY before the long-planned wedding that caused the pastor to change everything. Was his life threatened?

Your original statement wanted to know why he gave in to him. That is about the only thing that is clearly defined in this story. We honestly don't even know if when the pastor contacted them that he didn't give them the option of fighting to keep it there. What we do know is they threatened his job as you already alluded to my asking why he would want to stay there and the pastor obviously felt there was the potential for the minority to cause a scene at what was supposed to be their wedding. On short notice, I believe that's the right call. If they'd known a couple weeks before the wedding it would have been one thing to fight those people to have it where they wanted it. With 24 hours or so they would be risking a shit storm ruining their wedding day. The bigots are the antagonists to it all happening but what's convenient for them does not play into the "Why move it instead of fight?" question based on timing in my opinion.

Mirra said:
Nordling said:

Your original statement wanted to know why he gave in to him. That is about the only thing that is clearly defined in this story. We honestly don't even know if when the pastor contacted them that he didn't give them the option of fighting to keep it there. What we do know is they threatened his job as you already alluded to my asking why he would want to stay there and the pastor obviously felt there was the potential for the minority to cause a scene at what was supposed to be their wedding. On short notice, I believe that's the right call. If they'd known a couple weeks before the wedding it would have been one thing to fight those people to have it where they wanted it. With 24 hours or so they would be risking a shit storm ruining their wedding day. The bigots are the antagonists to it all happening but what's convenient for them does not play into the "Why move it instead of fight?" question based on timing in my opinion.
Which from the sparse story appears to be what happened. A small group of bullies, knew about a planned wedding, and waited until the last moment (a day before) to scream their nasty garbage thinking there was a good chance that no one would want to start a fight this close to the actual event. To me, this is why the pastor should not be the leader of any church; he doesn't have the backbone to stand up to bullies and bigots.

Now, every day of their marriage this innocent couple will have to think about how a handfull of fucktards forced them to change their plans on their wedding day. Which is the bigger deal? Simply having a wedding but one blotted by asswipes, or maybe postpone the whole thing, and have a "perfect" wedding later?

I think after ~150 years, it's time to stand up to the village idiots, not just give in because of momentary CONVENIENCE.

I dunno the whole story, but if I was a regular contributing member and my church tried something like that they would find their hypocritical asses in court for a handsome sum of money. Far from being the first hypocritical church, but if they screwed up my wedding over something like that, I'd work damn hard to make them pay for a great honeymoon and then some.

:twocents-02cents:

Reactions: Rose and Nordling

Nordling said:
Which from the sparse story appears to be what happened. A small group of bullies, knew about a planned wedding, and waited until the last moment (a day before) to scream their nasty garbage thinking there was a good chance that no one would want to start a fight this close to the actual event. To me, this is why the pastor should not be the leader of any church; he doesn't have the backbone to stand up to bullies and bigots.

Now, every day of their marriage this innocent couple will have to think about how a handfull of fucktards forced them to change their plans on their wedding day. Which is the bigger deal? Simply having a wedding but one blotted by asswipes, or maybe postpone the whole thing, and have a "perfect" wedding later?

I think after ~150 years, it's time to stand up to the village idiots, not just give in because of momentary CONVENIENCE.
And I am saying I'll take the convenience for myself (not having to reschedule especially if people are traveling from a long way away) in the short run and then take their asses to the cleaners. And like I said, we don't know if they pastor forced them to move it, suggested they move it, or simply offered it as an option. I don't support blaming him when there just aren't enough details.

He may have wimped out but maybe he didn't. The only people CLEARLY in the wrong were those bigoted church members. I believe the story even mentioned that members of the church council did not support what had happened so HOPEFULLY the ones who caused this problem will be removed from the church.

Mirra said:
Nordling said:

And I am saying I'll take the convenience for myself (not having to reschedule especially if people are traveling from a long way away) in the short run and then take their asses to the cleaners. And like I said, we don't know if they pastor forced them to move it, suggested they move it, or simply offered it as an option. I don't support blaming him when there just aren't enough details.

He may have wimped out but maybe he didn't. The only people CLEARLY in the wrong were those bigoted church members. I believe the story even mentioned that members of the church council did not support what had happened so HOPEFULLY the ones who caused this problem will be removed from the church.
Of course he wimped out. The story says they threatened his job. From this, we can only assume that the bigots were also the old, rich moneybags of the church. But I guess anything could be true, right? Maybe they were aliens from Kolob and threatened to suck out his vital fluids.

So because it was reported that his job was threatened in the article you ASSUME he forced them to move the wedding. I still say it doesn't make it clear. Go ahead with your crusade though.

Mirra said:
So because it was reported that his job was threatened in the article you ASSUME he forced them to move the wedding. I still say it doesn't make it clear. Go ahead with your crusade though.
Nothing is absolute, ever. (except maybe in math) We can only base out assumptions on what we DO know. When more about this story comes out, we may all alter our opinions. I predict not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.