AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Found out personal info about a model. Can it go back the way it was?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2018
So I'm a cam "John", and last week i was on Instagram adding a couple people to my profile. Sometimes I like to add random people because they have cool pictures or whatnot.

Well, I came across someone on the "Suggestions" feed who is a guy, and I already have way too many women on my list so I check out his profile because it's open, and not too far into it is my favorite model. Turns out it's her boyfriend. It was kind of an "Oh shit" moment, because she's never said anything and has always maintained she's single, which I get for tipping and privacy reasons. She ends up finding out because you can view who has viewed your stories on IG. She said she wasn't angry and just wanted to know how I found him, so I told her. I'm one of her regs and we've communicated off cam on Twitter as well as Snapchat. I don't want to come off as creepy or a stalker.

My question is: as a model, has this ever happened to you? And have you been able to go back to the way it was before with a fan?

So I'm a cam "John", and last week i was on Instagram adding a couple people to my profile. Sometimes I like to add random people because they have cool pictures or whatnot.

Well, I came across someone on the "Suggestions" feed who is a guy, and I already have way too many women on my list so I check out his profile because it's open, and not too far into it is my favorite model. Turns out it's her boyfriend. It was kind of an "Oh shit" moment, because she's never said anything and has always maintained she's single, which I get for tipping and privacy reasons. She ends up finding out because you can view who has viewed your stories on IG. She said she wasn't angry and just wanted to know how I found him, so I told her. I'm one of her regs and we've communicated off cam on Twitter as well as Snapchat. I don't want to come off as creepy or a stalker.

My question is: as a model, has this ever happened to you? And have you been able to go back to the way it was before with a fan?
Depending on how good you trust each other and yes i found out more then ones

Nothing quite like this has happened to me since I am open about being in a relationship when I cam, but I don't think it would really change much, at least in how I feel about and treat the regular. If anything, the fact you now know about this 'secret' may destroy some of the persona she's built in your eyes, but long as you can get through that should be fine. I don't see how it could change much if was such a simple discovery on accident.

Nothing quite like this has happened to me since I am open about being in a relationship when I cam, but I don't think it would really change much, at least in how I feel about and treat the regular. If anything, the fact you now know about this 'secret' may destroy some of the persona she's built in your eyes, but long as you can get through that should be fine. I don't see how it could change much if was such a simple discovery on accident.
Thanks for the reply. I guess it kind of did destroy some of the persona, but
A: it's her personal life.
B: Unlike a lot of guys I don't go into a models chat under some hope or possibility of meeting/dating offline. I know that just isn't going to happen. (Well, maybe a fool's hope lol)

Reactions: emahlee
I had a model once ask me to check out her amazon wish list (i think it was amazon) just after she set it up to gauge my thoughts on it, so I did. Turns out she had her real name, city, and state listed on it. I quickly got back to her and strongly suggested she change that info. Now before then I didn't know her given name nor exactly where she lived, and now here all of a sudden was that information. I never lived under the pretense that she and I would ever meet up IRL, I just enjoyed her friendship. Fortunately I believe she did take actions to rectify that situation, I couldn't have lived with myself had I not told her about her mistake and then something terrible had happened to her. But knowing who she was didn't change one thing as far as I was concerned, though I'm not 100% certain she felt the same afterwards.

This threads serve as a reminder to all cammodels to make sure their significant others don't set their location on their social media.

I'm so fucking thankful my man doesn't use Instagram. Or any social media that I use for work.

Did you know if you creep an Instagram profile enough it will start showing up as recommended to your friends? Instagram is some shady ass shit for sex workers.

Don't let your partners creep your work accounts from their own accounts.

I had some weird ass shit happen when I was managing several accounts one for a vanilla job and a bdsm club. I would check from my personal account or the bdsm club account at home to see how well posts were performing on the work account without logging into that account at home. And my bdsm club shit got suggested to another coworker and all my friends were like "hey don't you work for X? They keep getting suggested to me"

Last edited:
As long as you don`t use pictures you also use on your cam profile on social media and vce versa it is already difficult to find you
Plus you can hide almost everything on your fb profile

This happens. I've even had a guy from high school recognize me. We models like to think of most of our regular viewers as clients - we have a business relationship, and sometimes details slip through the cracks.

I would assure her that you found it on accident. Maybe block him and inform her so she knows that he (and thereby, she) won't be affiliated with you on IG in any capacity.

I would also assure her that you aren't going to ever say a single thing about it. I'm married (like actually married) and I use this as part of my model persona. But suppose I wasn't actually married? What if a fan found my Facebook and it said I was single? I would want that fan to reassure me that the 'truth' is safe with him/her. If a long-time fan told me that, I'd trust them.

And to be blunt - in your defense, her personal life was somehow accessible enough to you that you found it on social media. That's her issue to resolve. If a viewer/fan is able to find you (the model) or your family/friends/partner(s) on social media, you're probably doing something wrong/not in the best interest of your privacy.

In other words, don't feel bad about this, dude.

Hm. I've had a few liars say they recognize me.. My issue is being way too honest/real about my life and I'm working on that! :)

I feel like , people should not know the things that I end up sharing/revealing. But every time, I only realize this after I reveal things! GUHHHH!

Basically, for the reason that you said, I feel like I lose my allure, if they know that I feel sick, just lost a loved one, etc...

I'd die if someone that I knew found me, and wasn't soooo coool about it! So, be cool!

Sort of related?..... :

PS : All you have to do is tip me, pay me for my time,, and (usually) I'll forgive you for whatever and love you.. But maybe that's just me.. :)

:p

Way back when I was in an opiate haze and doing bg shows with my then bf. We kept getting private shows with this same dude on chaturbate who kept wanting the camera focused in on my bf! We were too doped up to really care or ask why, but one night I did. Turns out, the guy was using a VPN and had randomly come across our room (allegedly, at this point, I realize, lol) and knew my bf from hs. He turned on his cam and my bf had a quick awkward chat with him, basically asking him not to out him, him saying no way I'm actually engaged I just like the taboo of it etc etc.

Then the next day he added my bf on his facebook! My bf much to my then chagrin added him back and they've been friends ever since. The guy was really engaged, It all worked out amicably for my bf and no one was "outed"! Small, small world some times. Can't help but wonder if this had been the other way around it would have escalated, though that could just be the paranoia in me.

Once a dear regular and friend of mine found my name and address through my amazon wishlist. Was kind enough to tell me and I am forever thankful that he saw that before anybody else. Didn't make anything weird between us, all of the contrary, made me realize how trustworthy he is.

Thank you for the replies everyone. The BF seems to have blocked me on IG since he no longer appears on my "Suggestions" list, which is fine by me. Whether or not he set his profile to private or deleted pictures of her off it, I don't know.

The whole "pretend it never happened" route seems to be the way we went. It seemed awkward (for me at least) for a couple days but we're communicating again. I've had to stop camming for family emergency reasons for now, but she understood why and she insisted we keep in contact through Twitter and Snapchat, which we have, and has been very supportive.

Reactions: emahlee
**Update** I wanted to spoil her since I'm not currently camming, so she suggested Venmo among other apps to use. Well her account on there ended up being frozen so I suggested the Cash app. She gave me her email, I sent the money over, and in the payment confirmation it had her first, middle initial, and last name.
gSxFAws.png

Let this be a warning to all camgirls: If you're going to use a pay app, remember to change your display name from your given name, if possible!
I'm just glad she was so cool about it. I'm sure some others probably wouldn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.