AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Freeloading?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LadyBakes said:
So, not all basics are really freeloaders! I have a Chip-in for a laptop on my profile and a couple nights ago a basic member donated towards it! That just made me smile. They said they couldn't buy tokens because they don't have a credit/debit card, but they DO have paypal and wanted to help out. Awww :h: I feel terrible that I can't recall his name, though. I'm a bad bad model sometimes. *sigh* I need to take notes.

Do you get a chat log? All members do (premium, assume basics do) so you can trawl through chat logs to find out?

Zoomer said:
LadyBakes said:
So, not all basics are really freeloaders! I have a Chip-in for a laptop on my profile and a couple nights ago a basic member donated towards it! That just made me smile. They said they couldn't buy tokens because they don't have a credit/debit card, but they DO have paypal and wanted to help out. Awww :h: I feel terrible that I can't recall his name, though. I'm a bad bad model sometimes. *sigh* I need to take notes.

Do you get a chat log? All members do (premium, assume basics do) so you can trawl through chat logs to find out?

Uhm, I can view logs of PMs with specific members but as far I KNOW I can't just view my entire public chat log.

LadyBakes said:
Zoomer said:
LadyBakes said:

Uhm, I can view logs of PMs with specific members but as far I KNOW I can't just view my entire public chat log.

If you typed in it, you should have it. Sometimes they glitch out and sometimes have missing lines, but should be there.
http://www.myfreecams.com/mfc2/php/chat_logs.php

Thanks, Amber. Somebody already PMed me the same link. Sadly it's glitching and I can't read that day's log. :( I'm sure I'd remember him if I saw his name in my room again, though.

LadyBakes said:
Thanks, Amber. Somebody already PMed me the same link. Sadly it's glitching and I can't read that day's log. :( I'm sure I'd remember him if I saw his name in my room again, though.
I can't read the log from May 3. Maybe something to do with the site issues.

AmberCutie said:
Totally! Unless the tip note is like "mmm ur ass good bb shake it 4 me." I don't like those tip notes. Those tips are better left without a note, as it has negative impact on the tip (for me, personally.)

How about "I want to make love to you on a moonlit beach and drink wine then ride around in a horse-drawn carriage" and shit :lol:

I know this thread is old, but I've been thinking about this lately and rather than start a new thread I'd bump a (slightly) older one.

I've recently started a rather expensive hobby called Warhammer 40000. It's a complex, complicated game where you buy plastic, resin and metal miniature models, paint them and create an army to battle on specially built tables. It's expensive but fortunately once my army is built and painted I don't have to buy any more supplies. I've also met some great new friends through the hobby. :-D

Also, there are two cars in my immediate family. My Mom and Dad worked at the same place so they'd carpool and leave the other car for me to get to work. Recently my Dad retired so he keeps one car for running errands while my Mom takes the other one. To get to work I'll grab a lift from one of the two of them or borrow my Mom's car when she's not using it. Because of this new inconvenience, I've begun saving up to buy my own car.

Bottom line, because of these changes in my life and the drain on my finances, I haven't been able to buy tokens as much. Fortunately I believe that I have a great sense of humour that comes through on MFC chat rooms - I've received quite a few laughs and smiles from many models - so I try to contribute to rooms with my personality rather than tokens, without begging or trying to draw attention to myself. Unfortunately I've been feeling a little bad about this lately, so my question is, how do models feel about this? Do you consider adding intelligent and funny conversation to a room as a positive or negative contribution?

Thanks for reading,

Viru.

I think adding to the chat and keeping the flow is appreciated by most as long as it is not too distracting from the main goal. Some people can go on and on with no regard for what is happening and that get's old. However, if you can follow the lead of the model and take part in the existing conversation without derailing it to Anime for an hour, then your presence is appreciated.
I often say to those who apologize for not tipping (which makes me very uncomfortable) that not every member can tip every night and to do so when you can. If months start to pass without even a 5 token throw down but constant visiting, then I might start to feel a little miffed.
Don't forget though that we are woman and these are our bodies. If a member is more interested in paying for figurines than my naked body they are viewing, I would honestly rather not know.
Those are my feelings on it and they were not directed at you Viru, just in general. :twocents-02cents:

JoleneJolene said:
If a member is more interested in paying for figurines than my naked body
It's not our fault that there isn't a paintable naked Jolene action-figure...yet. :snooty:

Reactions: JoleneBrody
Reactions: JoleneBrody
I really hate it when people freeload.Yes they may have a good convo or two with you but yiu are giving your time to them while the sit there and watch you masturbate,flash for free.To me if you do not contribute I will first have a talk with you which is a warning then if it continues it follows with a ban.

Shaun__ said:
I like this outfit myself.

Baahhh!! I just found my next raffle prize!!! OMG OMG OMG! :dance: :dance: :dance: :lol: :mrgreen:

JoleneJolene said:
If a member is more interested in paying for figurines than my naked body they are viewing, I would honestly rather not know.

LOL. It's a hobby just like anything else, like playing golf, knitting, hiking, scrapbooking, etc. Think of it more along the lines of model trains because you need to collect, glue together, paint and then play your armies. I figure it's better spending money on this stuff than getting shitfaced every weekend. Compare it more along the lines of model trains than anything else. ;)

sxycherrypie said:
I really hate it when people freeload.Yes they may have a good convo or two with you but yiu are giving your time to them while the sit there and watch you masturbate,flash for free.To me if you do not contribute I will first have a talk with you which is a warning then if it continues it follows with a ban.
Wait... you warn and then ban everyone who doesn't tip? Seriously? :shock:

I just dislike the fact that most of those who talk to you that don't ever tip just want to butter you up to stay in your room to butter you up.It has happened to me alot. And when I started to limit the things I do in public like now I do not do anymore penetration in free chat like I used to I save it for prvt.They come in and are assholes.So yes I do warn then lay the ban hammer on the freeloaders.Why is that so bad? I mean I give them a month to get to know me and what my vibe is. I am sorry but if you can't afford it don't come to a camsite in my opinion.Just makes me feel like I am being miffed.

Reactions: WickedTouch
sxycherrypie said:
I mean I give them a month to get to know me and what my vibe is.

Sounds fair to me.

Reactions: sxycherrypie
LadyLuna said:
sxycherrypie said:

Sounds fair to me.
Thank you for agreeing with me love. :-D But yea I give em a month and if no tips come in warning then ban hammer. I need to pay the bills and if I let freeloaders in my room for more than a couple months it is gonna kill the tipping vibe and I earn nothing to feed my family and put cloths on our backs and food on the table. If you got the money hunny I got the time =D I love that song.

To be fair, I do have to say I would never do that... but then, I've had a few basics go prem for me after perving on me for months and months while they were unemployed.

But to each their own, and if you're gonna ban for not tipping, at least you give them time to feel the room and a warning about it. :)

LadyLuna said:
To be fair, I do have to say I would never do that... but then, I've had a few basics go prem for me after perving on me for months and months while they were unemployed.

But to each their own, and if you're gonna ban for not tipping, at least you give them time to feel the room and a warning about it. :)
I try to be as fair as I possibly can.

LadyLuna said:

I had a very long time basic do this last night! Always makes me smile!

sxycherrypie said:
LadyLuna said:
sxycherrypie said:

Sounds fair to me.
Thank you for agreeing with me love. :-D But yea I give em a month and if no tips come in warning then ban hammer. I need to pay the bills and if I let freeloaders in my room for more than a couple months it is gonna kill the tipping vibe and I earn nothing to feed my family and put cloths on our backs and food on the table. If you got the money hunny I got the time =D I love that song.

I understand what you're saying, and a month is long enough to get to know you, and if you're doing sexy stuff in public chat (as opposed to just chilling out) then yes I totally agree that eventually they need to tip or gtfo.

ViruSphere said:
I know this thread is old, but I've been thinking about this lately and rather than start a new thread I'd bump a (slightly) older one.

I've recently started a rather expensive hobby called Warhammer 40000. It's a complex, complicated game where you buy plastic, resin and metal miniature models, paint them and create an army to battle on specially built tables. It's expensive but fortunately once my army is built and painted I don't have to buy any more supplies. I've also met some great new friends through the hobby. :-D

Also, there are two cars in my immediate family. My Mom and Dad worked at the same place so they'd carpool and leave the other car for me to get to work. Recently my Dad retired so he keeps one car for running errands while my Mom takes the other one. To get to work I'll grab a lift from one of the two of them or borrow my Mom's car when she's not using it. Because of this new inconvenience, I've begun saving up to buy my own car.

Bottom line, because of these changes in my life and the drain on my finances, I haven't been able to buy tokens as much. Fortunately I believe that I have a great sense of humour that comes through on MFC chat rooms - I've received quite a few laughs and smiles from many models - so I try to contribute to rooms with my personality rather than tokens, without begging or trying to draw attention to myself. Unfortunately I've been feeling a little bad about this lately, so my question is, how do models feel about this? Do you consider adding intelligent and funny conversation to a room as a positive or negative contribution?

Thanks for reading,

Viru.

MY personal rules for how I run my room: Talk, Tip, or get banned. [or GTFO, as one of my regs has coined] I totally understand that not everyone can tip all the time, tokens are expensive as shit, && um, everyone's managing money like they're wiping their asses, because everyone's pretty much broke. If someone's contributing to the conversation, in a non retarded way [when I say non retarded, I mean by posting emoticons every 3 seconds, or posting shit like "nice tits bb. nice ass bb. mmm bb." etc.] I don't mind them hanging out, in fact, I LOVE that. I'm a big talker, so I very much enjoy interaction, && conversations. Another thing I will mention though... I have had a few people who always tell me how broke they are, && say sorry they don't have tokens, or can't ever buy tokens, but each time I see them, their reward points have gone up. Um. Fuck those people. LOL.

But yeah. Bottom line. I think more models are pretty tolerant of situations like yours, so I wouldn't worry too much. :)

I don't mind if someone is my room and not tipping (okay it's a little annoying but I get over it) as long as they aren't being a menace or bothering me with PMs.

I have to crack down on my PMs seriously. People who try to chat with you via PMs and say NOTHING that can't be said in regular chat are ridiculous. STOP USING PMs TO HAVE REGULAR CONVERSATIONS.

Other than that, I don't really mind freeloaders unless they try to tell ME what to do, liek their paying for this shit. Fuck that. You will be banned. Indefinitly.

That "Well, the site IS called MyFreeCams" line has gotten old. I saw in a different thread (now locked) that a member quoted a post of mine, and responded "Well, the site IS called MyFreeCams."

Yeah, it's free for you to watch a model in public chat. But remember that, despite the name of the site, that model IS working. It's free to an extent, which is why they have tokens available for PURCHASE. And if models expecting pay is "bugging" to you, you do realize that there are actually females on the site (and on the internet, in general) who are willing to turn on their cams for you for free. Why not enjoy them?

As a guest or basic, you have the privilege of remaining in a model's public chat for as long as you wish (other sites would automatically boot you within minutes). Enjoy the unlimited perv time, but as a viewer who isn't paying a dime to the model, use common sense and NOT make requests. You will most likely be laughed at, be told to fuck off, or be ignored completely. LOL.

KentuckyKutie said:
I don't mind if someone is my room and not tipping (okay it's a little annoying but I get over it) as long as they aren't being a menace or bothering me with PMs.

I have to crack down on my PMs seriously. People who try to chat with you via PMs and say NOTHING that can't be said in regular chat are ridiculous. STOP USING PMs TO HAVE REGULAR CONVERSATIONS.

Other than that, I don't really mind freeloaders unless they try to tell ME what to do, liek their paying for this shit. Fuck that. You will be banned. Indefinitly.

And there are some guys who say "Well I prefer to pm, cuz I'm kinda shy and don't feel like talking to all these dudes in public chat." 1) Why are you shy? This is the internet...not a first-time date. You don't have to show your face, and you're just typing words on a screen. 2) If you wanna chat with me away from the other guys, there's always private chat, but it'll cost ya..... 3) You're too shy to talk in public, but you've mustered up the courage to flirt with me one-on-one and distract me from my room of potential tippers?

I get a chuckle out of people telling me "Why aren't your pm's working bb?" :lol: Earn your place on my friends list, and it'll work. :)

Totally agree with everyone. While I'm adding to the conversation, I don't request without tipping and only use PMs when I really do want to talk about something that I don't want the public chat to see. Since most of the models I hang out with on MFC are also on ACF, I can also shoot them a PM on here.

Reactions: 1 person
The_Brown_Fox said:
KentuckyKutie said:

And there are some guys who say "Well I prefer to pm, cuz I'm kinda shy and don't feel like talking to all these dudes in public chat." 1) Why are you shy? This is the internet...not a first-time date. You don't have to show your face, and you're just typing words on a screen. 2) If you wanna chat with me away from the other guys, there's always private chat, but it'll cost ya..... 3) You're too shy to talk in public, but you've mustered up the courage to flirt with me one-on-one and distract me from my room of potential tippers?

I get a chuckle out of people telling me "Why aren't your pm's working bb?" :lol: Earn your place on my friends list, and it'll work. :)

The same dude who claims he is too shy to chat in public will also ask you to watch him masturbate in the very next sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.