AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Friendship between a model and a member

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And models outside Colombia do not have families?

Cammodels in Colombia can actually make good money even in studios, especially compared to many other jobs out there. Many studio models hardly have to put up with the talk anyway, as the studio monitors do this for them.

Last edited:
Because they usually work for studios and have families to feed.
Exactly that. From what I've seen they are under a lot of pressure to meet targets for studios who are erratic when it comes to paying and who seem to have a series of fines for the simplest violations such as taking too long in the toilet.

Reactions: ArcticKitty

Of course they do. The point is that someone working for a studio which has rules, doing something that is their best alternative to desperate poverty. They simply don't have the discretion.

This really shouldn't be a difficult concept to grasp.

Reactions: Ozzie_

Cammodels in Colombia can actually make good money even in studios, especially compared to many other jobs out there. Many studio models hardly have to put up with the talk anyway, as the studio moinitors do this for them.
That's actually way more of a myth than you think it is. Most Colombian models I've visited (and I've visited many) do their own chat and their own messages. Where that is not the case, it's usually so obvious it's painful (i.e. someone sitting in the room typing in the background, usually directing the models with a gruff voice). Over many years of visiting Latina models, I've always been impressed with their integrity, honesty and ability to communicate with generally offensive assholes in a language that isn't their native language. And "good money" is relative. Pile on top of that the long shifts, the fact that they have to find childcare for those shifts and the social stigma that comes with being a cam model in a conservative, religious country, personally I think they deserve every cent.

All I can say is that you should not believe all the sad stories you might hear.

WTF is wrong with you?

You asked a simple question and you got a straight answer from two people who know something about the conditions.

WTF is wrong with you?

You asked a simple question and you got a straight answer from two people who know something about the conditions.
Have you been to Colombia? Have you met Colombian models in real life?

There might be a lot wrong with me, but my knowledge about the general situation in Colombia is actually far from wrong.

All I can say is that you should not believe all the sad stories you might hear.
What sad stories am I hearing? I'll tell you something straight, not a single Colombian model has hit me with a "love scam" sob story. Not one. Without fail, everyone of them has been charming, enthusiastic and respectful. You'd think their life was perfect based on how they project themselves. There are plenty of reputable media sources which will tell you the true story though, if you could be bothered to look.

Yes because all women want boyfriends at all times
Even the gay ones.

I considered ranting about that too, but didn't want to make 2 rants in 1 post. 😆

What true story? I have met Colombian models, they are my source, my true stories. I have been to Colombia multiple times.

Even the gay ones.

I considered ranting about that too, but didn't want to make 2 rants in 1 post. 😆
I'm on my 3rd one of this thread so I'll probably keep the rest to myself too 😅

Many studio models hardly have to put up with the talk anyway, as the studio monitors do this for them.
I've been curious as to why this is so widely believed. Most studio models handle their own chats. From what I understand, monitors only come into play when the model is unable to interact with chat herself or the chat is way too busy for her to keep up, so this would only be for bigger models. Or when assistance is needed with translation, but there are so many integrated translation tools anymore that the latter case isn't really necessary anymore.

A lot of the studios that models work for give you a room and the equipment, take half your money, and that's about it. The models provide their own outfits, toys, get limited tech support and often rely on other models for technical issues or assistance configuring the software, and are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.

I'm not sure if the eastern european studios are different, it sounds like they might be more actively involved in what their models are doing, but this recurring idea of "when you talk to a Colombian model you're actually talking to a monitor" doesn't seem to bear out in most cases.

I've been curious as to why this is so widely believed. Most studio models handle their own chats. From what I understand, monitors only come into play when the model is unable to interact with chat herself or the chat is way too busy for her to keep up, so this would only be for bigger models. Or when assistance is needed with translation, but there are so many integrated translation tools anymore that the latter case isn't really necessary anymore.

A lot of the studios that models work for give you a room and the equipment, take half your money, and that's about it. The models provide their own outfits, toys, get limited tech support and often rely on other models for technical issues or assistance configuring the software, and are responsible for cleaning their own rooms.

I'm not sure if the eastern european studios are different, it sounds like they might be more actively involved in what their models are doing, but this recurring idea of "when you talk to a Colombian model you're actually talking to a monitor" doesn't seem to bear out in most cases.
That certainly marries up with what I've seen with studio models. Limited tech support and a mop and bucket at the end of the night, often while simultaneously sucking a dildo for some dude who can't take the hint that her shift is over.

I'm on my 3rd one of this thread so I'll probably keep the rest to myself too 😅
Rant away. I'm aware I'm not perfect and that sometimes I don't express myself well. But I came here to learn about the model's perspective as well as my own so it's all welcome. I've got broad enough shoulders and enough humility to accept the criticism.

Reactions: ArcticKitty

Somebody actually suggested to me once that all of my conversations with models were probably with a guy called Jorge. It's the weirdest of myths, which seems to have taken hold completely. It doesn't make any sense. Unless the monitor is standing in the room with a "Laugh/Smile Now" sign.

I took misterical's remark about a boyfriend in the context of the likelihood of her being really attracted to a user given her being able to be with someone irl. Simple as that.

Colombian studios are highly organised. Bigger studios have actual control rooms with monitors (I have seen some videos of this, it is far from a myth). If a model does not know any English the chat is controlled by a monitor. If a model does know English a monitor usually guides the chat when she is starting out. Many models actually use translation software. I have met several models that did great with typing English in the chatroom, but they are a disaster with talking English over dinner. Also the knowledge of English for the average Colombian model is at such a level that much harshness will be lost in translation anyway. Ok, but that is my experience, feel free to believe something different.

What true story? I have met Colombian models, they are my source, my true stories. I have been to Colombia multiple times.

This thread is gettin' wacky. At first i thought it was silly circle jerk. But now no true scotsman fallacies.

Lol.

I took misterical's remark about a boyfriend in the context of the likelihood of her being really attracted to a user given her being able to be with someone irl. Simple as that.
Thanks. I was pointing out that she would hardly struggle if she wanted to find a partner in IRL. "Words on the screen guy" wouldn't exactly be her first choice.

Colombian studios are highly organised. Bigger studios have actual control rooms with monitors (I have seen some videos of this, it is far from a myth). If a model does not know any English the chat is controlled by a monitor. If a model does know English a monitor usually guides the chat when she is starting out. Many models actually use translation software. I have met several models that did great with typing English in the chatroom, but they are a disaster with talking English over dinner. Also the knowledge of English for the average Colombian model is at such a level that much harshness will be lost in translation anyway. Ok, but that is my esperience, feel free to believe something different.
You're generalizing how the largest, most profitable studios with the most successful models in Colombia operate out to ALL Colombian studios. That's far from the norm. The mid and low level studios will have a business space split into different rooms for their models. They buy and set up the equipment, and decorate the space, and they may provide some guidance to the models on how to get going, but generally the models will only be interacting with studio staff around scheduling and payment issues.

Think about it from a business perspective. Why would you pay for someone on your staff to read and reply to all the incoming chats for models when the models can do it themselves? What is the benefit? How is this making them money to do this, or how would it make more money than just having the model do it?

This thread is gettin' wacky. At first i thought it was silly circle jerk. But now no true scotsman fallacies.

Lol.

Oh don't you know that every Colombian model has a nice flat with a view in Medellin across from a beautiful lush green park with a small stream and waterfall? They scam it up off of poor naive gringos and laugh at the end of the day with a drink or blunt in hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.