AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting A Little Discouraged

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nixie Sylph

Inactive Cam Model
Aug 18, 2016
West Coast, USA
MFC Username
NixieS
Hi all! Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post and (hopefully) weigh in! Also, before anyone asks, I am indeed in the process of getting ACF Camgirl Verified :).

I've been on MFC since last Thursday as a nonnude/primarily nonsexual model, and my camscore is already down to 565. I don't have any illusions - I'm very aware that it's going to be SO much harder for me because of my restrictions. I guess I've just been hoping it wouldn't go downhill so fast.

Don't get me wrong - I'm completely sticking to it. I just needed a place to get some advice (and maybe vent a little).

The main thing I've been doing is just showing my face and shoulders, chatting, smiling, laughing, being friendly, listening to music, and answering PMs from friends. I have done one private Skype show (in a bikini for 300tks/15mins). That went well, actually. I'm thinking of doing a "strip hi-lo" card game down to a bikini and charging 25tks a guess (reasonable/unreasonable?).

As far as my limitations go, I won't: dirty talk, get naked, get into a bra and panties, or be overly sexual. I'll flirt, tease a bit, and like I said, go down to a bikini.

Does anybody have any advice? I need help with show ideas, ways to encourage tokens without sounding greedy/without begging, help just keeping my spirits up, etc.

Thanks again!

:h:Nixie

Hi all! Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this post and (hopefully) weigh in! Also, before anyone asks, I am indeed in the process of getting ACF Camgirl Verified :).

I've been on MFC since last Thursday as a nonnude/primarily nonsexual model, and my camscore is already down to 565. I don't have any illusions - I'm very aware that it's going to be SO much harder for me because of my restrictions. I guess I've just been hoping it wouldn't go downhill so fast.

Don't get me wrong - I'm completely sticking to it. I just needed a place to get some advice (and maybe vent a little).

The main thing I've been doing is just showing my face and shoulders, chatting, smiling, laughing, being friendly, listening to music, and answering PMs from friends. I have done one private Skype show (in a bikini for 300tks/15mins). That went well, actually. I'm thinking of doing a "strip hi-lo" card game down to a bikini and charging 25tks a guess (reasonable/unreasonable?).

As far as my limitations go, I won't: dirty talk, get naked, get into a bra and panties, or be overly sexual. I'll flirt, tease a bit, and like I said, go down to a bikini.

Does anybody have any advice? I need help with show ideas, ways to encourage tokens without sounding greedy/without begging, help just keeping my spirits up, etc.

Thanks again!

Have you spent time in the rooms of other non-nude/non-sexual models on MFC? That might give you some ideas or things to consider. It would help you find your niche.

If wearing a bikini is where you draw the line, perhaps just stay in the bikini for most or all of your shows, and get tips for something other than removing clothing. Don't stay at the desk (right in front of the camera) all the time; let them see you. Most guys simply enjoy the sight of the female body, and that alone could keep them around for whatever else you have in store (which would lead to tips). Cam models make tokens doing all sorts of things that aren't stripping/sexual.

Thanks again!

Hi! I've been a successful non-nude model my entire camming career. Camming itself is tough and it's surely even more challenging for a non-nude model to not only make anything substantial but to also deal with the stress of members reactions of having to explain your limitations and have your limitations pushed to limits every shift.

From the looks of it, and keep in mind this is just from my opinion and experience based off of what you wrote, you are doing everything that nude models do (flirt, tease, wear less and less clothing) except not getting naked. Camming is a very sexually charged place to be and I believe it to be very naive to think anyone can get by and be successful to not really acknowledge this aspect of the job. The best advice I have for you is to find some kind of talent - be it musical instrument or what have you, to re-direct the focus of your room to a non-sexual one.

Hi! I've been a successful non-nude model my entire camming career. Camming itself is tough and it's surely even more challenging for a non-nude model to not only make anything substantial but to also deal with the stress of members reactions of having to explain your limitations and have your limitations pushed to limits every shift.

From the looks of it, and keep in mind this is just from my opinion and experience based off of what you wrote, you are doing everything that nude models do (flirt, tease, wear less and less clothing) except not getting naked. Camming is a very sexually charged place to be and I believe it to be very naive to think anyone can get by and be successful to not really acknowledge this aspect of the job. The best advice I have for you is to find some kind of talent - be it musical instrument or what have you, to re-direct the focus of your room to a non-sexual one.

I fully agree here, as a member I like to have a return for my tips, this can be showing your body as a nude model or some kind of activity as a non nude model.
I would think about what could I do on the street so that people give me a tip and then try to translate that into a camming setting for example....
Creative thinking is required, for example try to teach yourself something and let the room wittness how it goes.....

:)

Have you spent time in the rooms of other non-nude/non-sexual models on MFC? That might give you some ideas or things to consider. It would help you find your niche.

If wearing a bikini is where you draw the line, perhaps just stay in the bikini for most or all of your shows, and get tips for something other than removing clothing. Don't stay at the desk (right in front of the camera) all the time; let them see you. Most guys simply enjoy the sight of the female body, and that alone could keep them around for whatever else you have in store (which would lead to tips). Cam models make tokens doing all sorts of things that aren't stripping/sexual.

I have been in the rooms of some other models, but I struggle to find non-nude/non-sexual ones. I've been to the room of Kickaz, and now I'll go to Princess Mika's room, but do you know any other names I could look for?

Also, that is a good idea - I do stay in front of the camera almost the whole time. I could be up and moving more if I had the right set up. I'll work on that!

I'll definitely be checking out your camera - it's great to find someone on here who's been super successful! And yes, it is a bit tough...that's part of why I was/am getting discouraged. I agree that I've been a bit naive, at least starting out, in thinking it could be ENTIRELY nonsexual. I'll try to keep that in mind, as well as the talent thing.

It seems like you are trying your best to discourage anything of a sexual nature in your room. As a man, I need to at least have the illusion that something naughty may be possible, but that's just me.

I don't want to lie to anyone. I mean, I am trying to discourage most sexual things, so I'll do better about that. But I also don't want to promise something I won't deliver. Any more advice?

I fully agree here, as a member I like to have a return for my tips, this can be showing your body as a nude model or some kind of activity as a non nude model.
I would think about what could I do on the street so that people give me a tip and then try to translate that into a camming setting for example....
Creative thinking is required, for example try to teach yourself something and let the room wittness how it goes.....

More good advice! Thinking of activities and talents now...

Thanks SO MUCH for weighing in, everyone. You have no idea how much I appreciate it. :)

If you are going to be non-nude you need a lot of personality and creativity to make up for it. Members need to feel like they have something to tip for, so doing games and offering prizes even if non-sexy is a must. Find the non-nude models on MFC and figure out how they do what they do.

Just gave it some thought what I would do to get some tips.

I like searching stuff on the internet, so I would make a topic search for your topic for 5 minutes - 50 tokens
and let the room wittness on screen how I search....and make verbal comments...

Will it work no idea - but I think it can be very entertaining regarding the topics thrown at me....

unfortunately I am male so I cannot try it myself on MFC...

I have been in the rooms of some other models, but I struggle to find non-nude/non-sexual ones. I've been to the room of Kickaz, and now I'll go to Princess Mika's room, but do you know any other names I could look for?

Kickaz isn't totally non-nude (she does some mild nudity in group shows), but she would still be a good one to study. She's got the non-nude cam girl thing down to a science (or more appropriately, an art form). You might also check out Guinevere_. I'm not sure if she's 100% non nude, since I don't really spend any time in her room, but every time I see her, she's not nude, and and she seems to be doing pretty well (14K cam score).

One way to find non nude models on MFC is to just put that term (and variations such as nonnude) in the search box near the top of the MFC page, where you search for model names. It looks for models who have given themselves that tag, and it looks in topics. It's not 100% reliable, but it's a good place to start. Right now, about a dozen models showed up with that term in their topics (most were not online ATM).

So, the thing is, very few models are truly non-nude in all aspects of their career. Even Kickaz offers nude videos, for example. However, her room in general certainly has a non-nude focus. So, that's just it. Non-nude cam modeling means different things to different models (and members). Non-nude generally means non-nude focus, even if the models do, in some way or some circumstances, get naked.

That's why it's important to clarify your boundaries and what it means to you because, I guarantee it, most members will assume you do get naked under some circumstance (for the right amount of tokens, in private only, in videos only, etc). More importantly, this means you need to find a way to make your room successful without relying on nudity or sexuality. This is a very tough thing to do on an adult website. I dare say it's close to impossible, but there are a few (very, very few) exceptions to this rule.

You are always free to watch me, but I no longer cam on MFC. I cam on Streamate. I am one of the few models that are truly non-nude. I never get naked, under any circumstances. However, I do "talk dirty" and specialize in the female domination fetish. Believe me, my work is still very sexually charged and almost all about how they are going to jerk off to me. It's crazy fun (to me).

I did, however, start off as a vanilla non-nude tease model. I did well on MFC, I was a top consistent 100 model, but I am able to work a lot less hours for the same money in female domination (and really fell in love with the fetish as a whole, which surely also contributes to my success with it) so I've since moved on from MFC. When I was on MFC, I had to put in a lot of hours (8-12 hours a day) and I would talk, play games, tease, and I specialized in putting on Korean fan dancing shows.

Hope this helps! You just have to find your specialty within non-nude camming. It could take time. It took me over a year to find what works best for me and the same could be said, even for many nude models as well.

Nixie Sylph,
I will say that your version of non-nude is quite challenging to say the least. I am a non-nude cam model but I use sexually to my advantage. From day one, I have always played non-nude occultic domme, femme fatale,icy princess, or bratty cocktease. Since I have four cam personas; I offer my customers a very dark yet intensely sexual atmosphere. Often, I play very dark and brooding characters on cam expect for my nymphet princess persona. Either I wear see-though clothes, gold metallic clothes, pinup clothes, or dress like Harley Quinn. I used dirty talk and tarot cards to highlight all of my shows.Often I will rub my breasts and wink at my audience. If I am playing a nymphet, then I might do a dark lollipop show. I do Q&As in which my audience can ask me anything. Or we talked about sex and the occult. So my advice to use is find your talent and niche. Let your persona or natural personality shown through. Also maybe you should be either more sexual or play up the girlfriend experience more.Your customers will follow:) Remember that camming is about sex.Also, do not forget the highly sexual atmosphere of the cam show :)

Thanks again!

WOW! Thanks for all the great new info and advice! Responses to all of it below:

If you are going to be non-nude you need a lot of personality and creativity to make up for it. Members need to feel like they have something to tip for, so doing games and offering prizes even if non-sexy is a must.

Good idea! I'm considering slightly sexual prizes, but I'm not yet sure where to draw the line. I'll do some research before I start offering any.

I like searching stuff on the internet, so I would make a topic search for your topic for 5 minutes - 50 tokens
and let the room wittness on screen how I search....and make verbal comments...

That could be pretty interesting. I'm not sure I'd want them seeing my screen, though, but I could at least talk about it.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/TheUpsideDown

I'm not sure if she is actually non-nude, but I've never seen her perform any sexual shows. Mostly games and stuff.

Thanks! Checking her out ASAP.

I'll check her out too! More great advice! :)

Kickaz isn't totally non-nude (she does some mild nudity in group shows), but she would still be a good one to study. She's got the non-nude cam girl thing down to a science (or more appropriately, an art form). You might also check out Guinevere_. I'm not sure if she's 100% non nude, since I don't really spend any time in her room, but every time I see her, she's not nude, and and she seems to be doing pretty well (14K cam score).

One way to find non nude models on MFC is to just put that term (and variations such as nonnude) in the search box near the top of the MFC page, where you search for model names. It looks for models who have given themselves that tag, and it looks in topics. It's not 100% reliable, but it's a good place to start. Right now, about a dozen models showed up with that term in their topics (most were not online ATM).

I've been searching that, but it's hard to come across truly non-nude models (as previously mentioned). Kickaz is pretty incredible, but it is good to know she does some nudity. Just more information to file away!

So, the thing is, very few models are truly non-nude in all aspects of their career. Even Kickaz offers nude videos, for example. However, her room in general certainly has a non-nude focus. So, that's just it. Non-nude cam modeling means different things to different models (and members). Non-nude generally means non-nude focus, even if the models do, in some way or some circumstances, get naked.

That's why it's important to clarify your boundaries and what it means to you because, I guarantee it, most members will assume you do get naked under some circumstance (for the right amount of tokens, in private only, in videos only, etc). More importantly, this means you need to find a way to make your room successful without relying on nudity or sexuality. This is a very tough thing to do on an adult website. I dare say it's close to impossible, but there are a few (very, very few) exceptions to this rule.

You are always free to watch me, but I no longer cam on MFC. I cam on Streamate. I am one of the few models that are truly non-nude. I never get naked, under any circumstances. However, I do "talk dirty" and specialize in the female domination fetish. Believe me, my work is still very sexually charged and almost all about how they are going to jerk off to me. It's crazy fun (to me).

I did, however, start off as a vanilla non-nude tease model. I did well on MFC, I was a top consistent 100 model, but I am able to work a lot less hours for the same money in female domination (and really fell in love with the fetish as a whole, which surely also contributes to my success with it) so I've since moved on from MFC. When I was on MFC, I had to put in a lot of hours (8-12 hours a day) and I would talk, play games, tease, and I specialized in putting on Korean fan dancing shows.

Hope this helps! You just have to find your specialty within non-nude camming. It could take time. It took me over a year to find what works best for me and the same could be said, even for many nude models as well.

WOW again. This is more awesome advice. I'm trying hard to clarify my boundaries, but I feel like I need to keep repeating myself (and sometimes I'm not even sure 100% of what they are!). I'll post something on my profile and give it a bunch more thought.

It's good to know it's possible on MFC, and I'll definitely watch you on Streamate. Also, the encouragement is (again) great - I'm getting the message from all of you that I just need to put in the time and the effort, and I can succeed. That's great to know - I was wondering! :)

Nixie Sylph,
I will say that your version of non-nude is quite challenging to say the least. I am a non-nude cam model but I use sexually to my advantage. From day one, I have always played non-nude occultic domme, femme fatale,icy princess, or bratty cocktease. Since I have four cam personas; I offer my customers a very dark yet intensely sexual atmosphere. Often, I play very dark and brooding characters on cam expect for my nymphet princess persona. Either I wear see-though clothes, gold metallic clothes, pinup clothes, or dress like Harley Quinn. I used dirty talk and tarot cards to highlight all of my shows.Often I will rub my breasts and wink at my audience. If I am playing a nymphet, then I might do a dark lollipop show. I do Q&As in which my audience can ask me anything. Or we talked about sex and the occult. So my advice to use is find your talent and niche. Let your persona or natural personality shown through. Also maybe you should be either more sexual or play up the girlfriend experience more.Your customers will follow:) Remember that camming is about sex.Also, do not forget the highly sexual atmosphere of the cam show :)

I like the description of your personas! I'm definitely going for the GFE/vibe in my shows. Do you have any advice for that? Or anywhere you think I should look? When I google GFE, it usually just comes up with escorts!

I would recommend checking out Ashley Tea, she's also a non-nude model and has written an awesome cam model's guide on her Tumblr (which I can't seem to find at the moment, thought I had a bookmark specifically to it...)

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AshleyTea

Looking her up, and her tumblr.

Thanks again to everyone, and if more people weigh in, of course I'll respond. If you have any more private advice, I'm very open to PMs (and may be PMing some of you if you don't mind!). Lots of good info here - I kind of wish I hadn't started out before I was sure of everything, but now that I have, I can't go back. I'll just go forward, and try to improve my cam score as much as I can!

With boundaries every model (even hardcore) is on a constant process of drawing them and redrawing them, so don't be afraid to change your mind about aspects of what you do. Evolving within your comfort zone is important and also sometimes you don't know where a line is until you cross it and then you have to go back.

Reactions: AyChihuahua
With boundaries every model (even hardcore) is on a constant process of drawing them and redrawing them, so don't be afraid to change your mind about aspects of what you do. Evolving within your comfort zone is important and also sometimes you don't know where a line is until you cross it and then you have to go back.

I agree here, personally I try to review my boundaries from time to time, means if for example I don't like a specific food I try it from time to time to check if I still don't like it....sometimes there are surprising results.....

I'm a non-nude and (mostly) non-sexual camgirl myself. I do sell sexy vids (still non-nude) and occasionally do hitachi shows (with my clothing still on, it's usually very silly too)... regardless, 99% of what I do is non-sexual! Most of my time spent in my room is playing piano and singing and fucking around in between songs, I write and record music and sell it as well. But I also crochet on cam and sell crocheted items to people, pole dance from time to time, and stream video games. I have a bucket of slips that people can tip me to draw from to do silly things like do a stupid dance, wear an ugly hat, change my name to something silly, make a dumb tweet, etc. and it's a huge hit! I think the biggest thing that has helped me is that I'm always in my chat, even when I'm not on, talking to members and telling them about my day (think AOL chatroom 2.0). This really creates a sense of community and a constant connection with me (and also helps encourage offline tipping). I'm extremely active on twitter and try to keep my snapchat exciting and unpredictable. I do findom and foot-worship as well, though most of that is in privates or through PMs/DMs. Oh, and I shove my humor into EVERYTHING.

Being non-nude is very hard work emotionally. I've needed to invest myself completely into what I'm doing and constantly be creating, I bring all my hobbies to my room! I treat the people who come into my room like I would a friend and have worked very hard to not just be a camgirl but build a community around my room while trying to provide as much varied entertainment as possible. I try to be like their favorite TV show that they never want to miss an episode of!

Hope that helps. ^_^

Nixie Sylph,
GFE means something different in each sex worker field. In camming, giving the girlfriend experience means that you have a "close relationship" with your clients. Typically, you are the girl next door and they want to experience having a virtual romance with you. Judging by your looks, you can also go for that Hawaiian topic or Hooter girl look if you have the right makeup and outfits. For example, you have virtual romantic dates with them or give them a personal phone call. Of course, you host a cute contest and say "win a date with your favorite bikini girl." which includes virtual romance dates plus phone calls.

Here is a cute little writeup about the GFE:

https://brownskingoddess.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/gfe-the-girl-friend-experience/

WOW! Thanks for all the great new info and advice! Responses to all of it below:

Good idea! I'm considering slightly sexual prizes, but I'm not yet sure where to draw the line. I'll do some research before I start offering any.

That could be pretty interesting. I'm not sure I'd want them seeing my screen, though, but I could at least talk about it.

Thanks! Checking her out ASAP.

I'll check her out too! More great advice! :)

I've been searching that, but it's hard to come across truly non-nude models (as previously mentioned). Kickaz is pretty incredible, but it is good to know she does some nudity. Just more information to file away!

WOW again. This is more awesome advice. I'm trying hard to clarify my boundaries, but I feel like I need to keep repeating myself (and sometimes I'm not even sure 100% of what they are!). I'll post something on my profile and give it a bunch more thought.

It's good to know it's possible on MFC, and I'll definitely watch you on Streamate. Also, the encouragement is (again) great - I'm getting the message from all of you that I just need to put in the time and the effort, and I can succeed. That's great to know - I was wondering! :)

I like the description of your personas! I'm definitely going for the GFE/vibe in my shows. Do you have any advice for that? Or anywhere you think I should look? When I google GFE, it usually just comes up with escorts!

Looking her up, and her tumblr.

Thanks again to everyone, and if more people weigh in, of course I'll respond. If you have any more private advice, I'm very open to PMs (and may be PMing some of you if you don't mind!). Lots of good info here - I kind of wish I hadn't started out before I was sure of everything, but now that I have, I can't go back. I'll just go forward, and try to improve my cam score as much as I can!

The best non-nude models, are exactly the same as those who do nude ...they have heart. TBH from this member's perspective, I have never felt much difference between nude and non-nude models ... it is always sexual to some degree, and non-sexual.
The part of you that wants to hide that sexuality feels much like the key to doing better, I think I should leave it at that and let you work out what I mean by it.

Thinking on this... @SavannahMay even non-nude you have that kind of heart, thanks for your message of support.

Reactions: Always_Tim
This may not be welcome advice, but I'll tender it anyway. At some point you just might want to consider wearing cute bra and panty sets in addition to bikinis. I know there's a fine contextual line you'd be crossing there, but a lot of members -- me included -- really enjoy seeing that. Your personality and room ambience will build your brand, but that additional visual appeal just might help get you there as well. Good luck.

Reactions: DonaDiabla

Awesome! Thanks so much for taking the time to look those up/write them down, Snowie! I'll be checking them out ASAP.

I'm a non-nude and (mostly) non-sexual camgirl myself. I do sell sexy vids (still non-nude) and occasionally do hitachi shows (with my clothing still on, it's usually very silly too)... regardless, 99% of what I do is non-sexual! Most of my time spent in my room is playing piano and singing and fucking around in between songs, I write and record music and sell it as well. But I also crochet on cam and sell crocheted items to people, pole dance from time to time, and stream video games. I have a bucket of slips that people can tip me to draw from to do silly things like do a stupid dance, wear an ugly hat, change my name to something silly, make a dumb tweet, etc. and it's a huge hit! I think the biggest thing that has helped me is that I'm always in my chat, even when I'm not on, talking to members and telling them about my day (think AOL chatroom 2.0). This really creates a sense of community and a constant connection with me (and also helps encourage offline tipping). I'm extremely active on twitter and try to keep my snapchat exciting and unpredictable. I do findom and foot-worship as well, though most of that is in privates or through PMs/DMs. Oh, and I shove my humor into EVERYTHING.

Being non-nude is very hard work emotionally. I've needed to invest myself completely into what I'm doing and constantly be creating, I bring all my hobbies to my room! I treat the people who come into my room like I would a friend and have worked very hard to not just be a camgirl but build a community around my room while trying to provide as much varied entertainment as possible. I try to be like their favorite TV show that they never want to miss an episode of!

Hope that helps. ^_^

MAGNOLIA! You're AWESOME! Thanks SO much for this write up and your perspective! I actually crochet too so that's a great idea for us fellow "grannies" ;). The slip bucket is also an awesome idea - I've only ever seen those for sexual things, so I like that you have ideas to make it more "regular" (not that sexuality isn't regular, of course).

I'll work on being in the chat more. Previously I've only been in there during shows, but I like what you said about creating more of a connection. I'm definitely willing to put in the hard work (which I may have said before), so I'm getting WAY more encouraged that it's possible to become a top camgirl. :) Thanks again!

Nixie Sylph,
GFE means something different in each sex worker field. In camming, giving the girlfriend experience means that you have a "close relationship" with your clients. Typically, you are the girl next door and they want to experience having a virtual romance with you. Judging by your looks, you can also go for that Hawaiian topic or Hooter girl look if you have the right makeup and outfits. For example, you have virtual romantic dates with them or give them a personal phone call. Of course, you host a cute contest and say "win a date with your favorite bikini girl." which includes virtual romance dates plus phone calls.

Here is a cute little writeup about the GFE:

https://brownskingoddess.wordpress.com/2013/08/24/gfe-the-girl-friend-experience/

Good advice once again! I actually have read that already, but lost it. So thanks for posting it! That's a really good contest tagline...I could go on Skype and chat and be on video privately (paid first, of course!) for a while. Hmm...thinking out loud at this point!

The best non-nude models, are exactly the same as those who do nude ...they have heart. TBH from this member's perspective, I have never felt much difference between nude and non-nude models ... it is always sexual to some degree, and non-sexual.
The part of you that wants to hide that sexuality feels much like the key to doing better, I think I should leave it at that and let you work out what I mean by it.

Thinking on this... @SavannahMay even non-nude you have that kind of heart, thanks for your message of support.

I like the whole "they have heart" thing you put in. Very much appreciated, as well as a member's perspective on the difference between nude and non-nude. :)

This may not be welcome advice, but I'll tender it anyway. At some point you just might want to consider wearing cute bra and panty sets in addition to bikinis. I know there's a fine contextual line you'd be crossing there, but a lot of members -- me included -- really enjoy seeing that. Your personality and room ambience will build your brand, but that additional visual appeal just might help get you there as well. Good luck.

Good advice - to be honest I probably won't take it though. I get where you're coming from, but I'm almost certainly never going to do that.

You guys! You're all so awesome! I have so many good ideas now. I'm going to really try to develop a great show, both next time I go on (probably not too far from now) and in the distant future. Much :h: to you all.

I frequent a few Non Nude models and they each are able to keep my attention and tokens for various reasons. The key is to be yourself and show off your personality as that, in your case, seems to be the one thing you are most comfortable offering up. All it takes is to make connection with visitors on something and they will keep coming back. Also, as a new cam girl I'd suggest staying away from PMing people very often as it distracts you from the general room and in your early days you want to grow your audience as much as possible. If i go in a new room and the girl seems to be just PMing people and disregarding the room, i dont stay very long (nude or not nude)

Reactions: Ambers Troll
You had a better night last night (sorry about the hangover today.) I think you have a unique nerdy style that you can build a brand around. Soften your lighting with a pillow case so the don't cast hard shadows and add some color to your walls. Keep trying new unfamiliar things and put yourself into akward situations, your humorous reactions are priceless. And BTW you are just as funny before as after shots!

Reactions: Ambers Troll

The main thing I've been doing is just showing my face and shoulders, chatting, smiling, laughing, being friendly, listening to music, and answering PMs from friends. I have done one private Skype show (in a bikini for 300tks/15mins). That went well, actually. I'm Does anybody have any advice? I need help with show ideas, ways to encourage tokens without sounding greedy/without begging, help just keeping my spirits up, etc.

Thanks again!

Hi

Thanks again!

Grins. By the end of my response, you'll understand why I replied to your request for help...

Hi Nixie-
I’m the new kid on the block and this is my first post here, so I beg for patience! I'm an older dude and I'll try to share my view of your world. I hope my age group tips well because we usually earn more money and likely have fewer expenses.

Most of my tips and time are spent on non-nude models so I'm share my two cents (nonsense?). There are two main drivers for me to become a regular. First, I like to feel needed. Like many at my age, we like solving problems and we're often referred to as ‘rescuers.’ Our kids have moved on (and they're about tapped out on Dad’s advice!) Tell us about your day, your triumphs and challenges – but definitely don’t be too negative – and don't be afraid to remind us this is a job and our tips help. Ask how our day went too – we often feel anonymous. Second, eye-contact! We're programmed from youth to make eye contact. Problem is the camera is not in the middle of the screen where you need to read your messages. By not looking at the camera a model can appear disinterested. Staring off camera while typing away or even talking is off-putting. Try arranging your set up so your fans feel like you're talking to them - think teleprompter used by cable news. Google how to do this. By looking at the camera you WILL arrest and keep guys that are scanning hundreds of previews. BTW be aware of emerging technology like catch-eye and konnect that will modify your video image so you always seem you be looking right at the camera. Keep trying new things!

Hi

Grins. By the end of my response, you'll understand why I replied to your request for help...

Hi Nixie-
I’m the new kid on the block and this is my first post here, so I beg for patience! I'm an older dude and I'll try to share my view of your world. I hope my age group tips well because we usually earn more money and likely have fewer expenses.

Most of my tips and time are spent on non-nude models so I'm share my two cents (nonsense?). There are two main drivers for me to become a regular. First, I like to feel needed. Like many at my age, we like solving problems and we're often referred to as ‘rescuers.’ Our kids have moved on (and they're about tapped out on Dad’s advice!) Tell us about your day, your triumphs and challenges – but definitely don’t be too negative – and don't be afraid to remind us this is a job and our tips help. Ask how our day went too – we often feel anonymous. Second, eye-contact! We're programmed from youth to make eye contact. Problem is the camera is not in the middle of the screen where you need to read your messages. By not looking at the camera a model can appear disinterested. Staring off camera while typing away or even talking is off-putting. Try arranging your set up so your fans feel like you're talking to them - think teleprompter used by cable news. Google how to do this. By looking at the camera you WILL arrest and keep guys that are scanning hundreds of previews. BTW be aware of emerging technology like catch-eye and konnect that will modify your video image so you always seem you be looking right at the camera. Keep trying new things!

HeadWest! Thanks so much for the advice here, and for joining my room last night! I really appreciate both - you're pretty awesome. :)

This is a LOT of good info. I will definitely start sharing more and talking about my day (within reason, of course, given the personal security thing). I always struggle to come up with things to talk about, so that's a really good (and surprisingly basic!) one that I completely glossed over. I already do try pretty hard to respond and ask questions, so hopefully I'm doing well there.

For the tips comment, I never want to make people feel like they can't be in my room without tipping. This IS a job, and I DO need the tips, but I also enjoy the social aspect and want others to enjoy themselves. I'm worried I'll scare people away if I talk about tips too much. Any more advice about this one, either HeadWest or anyone!

The eye contact advice is FANTASTIC. I haven't even really thought of that. My laptop is built into my computer, so I'll go google the programs and other advice for keeping my eyes front and center. Eye contact is key...got it!

Thanks again, HeadWest, and everyone else. You have no idea how helpful you all are being! More :h: to you guys. Endless :h:!

18ix7neqi4mvdjpg.jpg

I don't know about your setup, but personally I would use something like the above, it will give you a huge flexibilty to adjust the position of your cam, always good to have options.....

Regarding the tipping I would go for certain goals, like every 200 tokens you sing a song or do a dance or so, should help to keep the tips going....

If you drink, you could do shots or beer/wine/mixed drink sips for tips (maybe increase the amount the more you get tipped for it though so you don't get too drunk). Other things you could do for tips are song requests, dancing if you're comfortable with it, tips to answer get-to-know you questions about you (could be like "What's your favorite movie, if you could travel to anywhere in the world, where would it be, so they don't get too personal), tips for non-nude KIK, Snapchat, and photos, tips for your phone number or texting if you're comfortable with that, sending out baked goods for tokens, tips to play Never have I Ever, Would you Rather, or Truth or Dare non-nude, tips to do exercises like jumping jacks, push ups, etc.

Also, I would suggest (it's just my personal opinion, others may disagree) not putting non-nude in your tags if you have it in there because some guys won't even give non-nude models a chance. But once they spend time in your room, you may win them over with your personality and charm.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Osmia
Status
Not open for further replies.