AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting guys to tip?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 13, 2018
Hey girls, I'm new to cammodeling. I've been on MFC for a little over a week now, and my room usually gets a handful of people when I start streaming. Sometimes guys are eager for privates or to play games/use countdown, bit some times I get a whole room pf ppl who won't tip for anything, no matter what I offer. As a stripper there are many good ways to let ppl know they need to tip, but if you ask wrong they'll get offended. Are there any polite ways to let the room know they need to tip in some way? Thanks so much!!!

Honestly...I don't think so lol but you can make it seem not as demanding. I usually tell them how much I have left to reach my goal and sometimes if I feel like doing math I'll calculate how much each person in the room needs to tip for me to reach my goal. I also sometimes ask them what it would take for them to tip (but make seem less desperate)...sometimes you get crazy requests and stuff you aren't comfortable doing and you dont have to them but it does start discussions about stuff you would be comfortable with doing and most of the time they start tipping...maybe it's because they feel more involved or maybe it's because they feel like they are getting what they want.
These guys understand that it's your job and that you arent going to give a free show. Some might try to get free shit but those aren't the regulars you want.
I hope this helps. :happy::cat:

Honestly...I don't think so lol but you can make it seem not as demanding. I usually tell them how much I have left to reach my goal and sometimes if I feel like doing math I'll calculate how much each person in the room needs to tip for me to reach my goal. I also sometimes ask them what it would take for them to tip (but make seem less desperate)...sometimes you get crazy requests and stuff you aren't comfortable doing and you dont have to them but it does start discussions about stuff you would be comfortable with doing and most of the time they start tipping...maybe it's because they feel more involved or maybe it's because they feel like they are getting what they want.
These guys understand that it's your job and that you arent going to give a free show. Some might try to get free shit but those aren't the regulars you want.
I hope this helps. :happy::cat:

This.
THIS!
I used to work in sales and there was always the expectation that when a customer was about to walk out the door empty handed that I try to stop them and ask them how I could earn their business today, as I clearly had not yet done.
For some reason I've never thought about doing this with camming, but it's genius. I do ask for tip option suggestions, but rarely if ever get them.

• Hugs
Reactions: Annabell_blossom
As a USER i never know why/when i supposed/should/obligated to tip. It is still a misery/mystery for me..

If I were a tipper, I would tip any time/ for any reason...I wish I could be a tipper but im trying to make money...i know its not realistic but wouldn't it be awesome if people tipped because they are happy to see us? or to make us smile?

If you are watching someone and would like to tip them you could ask them to do something you would like to see and how much you could tip for that

To: Op

I have a hard time engaging to make "sales" I am often able to keep 50-150 people interested in chatting with me but many do not tip. I try to offer interesting things on my tip menu and hope that helps me.

I make most of my money <and I will be honest here...i've been averaging 125 dollars a week> in privates... Im on chaturbate though so Im not sure if that makes a difference or not

• Hugs
Reactions: Diana_Devil
I think a lot of cammodels have this problem. Thanks for your post. Encouraging the room by saying things like "we're Sooo close to goal just X amount left!" or "We're X amount away from me doing (goal whatever it is)" and telling them how youre excited as well to do the goal is a good way to encourage and not outright demanding.

As a USER i never know why/when i supposed/should/obligated to tip. It is still a misery/mystery for me..

That was a really enjoyable hour's entertainment. What should I do now?

I like the idea of this countdown. What can I do now?

Oh look at that model tip menu. What do I fancy?

Snapchat for ever and a day - 500 Tokens. How can I resist?

Fuck it, I'm not gonna heed Grandma's advice, I'm just gonna do a "Just because!"

And on and on.

:party:

From a members position and despite what the song "Poision" says about never trusting a big butt and a smile. I'm damn near always going to tip a girl with a nice butt and smile. Some butts are bigger than others, but I love all the butts.

Tip menus don't hurt that is for sure. One of my favorites doesn't have a tip menu and her tease tips fluctuate often based on her mood. So I tip her because I like her, but I would tip her more if she had a tip menu or was more consistent with her pricing model.

From a members position and despite what the song "Poision" says about never trusting a big butt and a smile. I'm damn near always going to tip a girl with a nice butt and smile. Some butts are bigger than others, but I love all the butts.

Tip menus don't hurt that is for sure. One of my favorites doesn't have a tip menu and her tease tips fluctuate often based on her mood. So I tip her because I like her, but I would tip her more if she had a tip menu or was more consistent with her pricing model.
Love that song!

I work a pay to play site. There are only a few free shows members can join in. But it's rare. Also no below the belt nudity in free chat rule is enforced. It's an incentive.

I made my profile pic my best feature. My ass. People come in already intrigued, I require a tip to show it. I tease them and give them a healthy dosage of Catholic guilt. I also roast people too because guys seem to like that. I think some days I get more tips after I burn someone and being funny then tips for booty.

Basically you have to figure out how to be entertaining and how to attract a recurring audience.

I sucked balls on MFC. Its hard site. I wasnt new but i was camming for about six months before I tried them out. only got one person to tip me during the time I put in there. I also didn't like the environment compared to other sites. Just remember if one site isnt working out, there are plenty others to try.

There really is no hard, set rule as to how/when/why a tip should be given. But, that being said, tip because you enjoy. Whether it be an "in the moment" thing for something funny, you really liked such as a dance, joke, or even just a "bless you" or "Gesundheit" when a model sneezes. Or, simply just because you admire the model and the entertainment she provides.

I've commented a few times on reasons I may tip:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...ammunity-now-camyou.28390/page-11#post-858249

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...-say-im-gonna-tip-this-gal.29747/#post-893420

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/t...s-what-do-receive-tips-for.29968/#post-898885

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/what-draws-you-to-a-room.28256/page-2#post-854516

...gosh i should be just million dollar mink coat for everyone (synthetic, for those weirdos with faint hearts...) all teh times. :) or at least a robot that anyone should have LOL

• Funny!
Reactions: Annabell_blossom
Hey girls, I'm new to cammodeling. I've been on MFC for a little over a week now, and my room usually gets a handful of people when I start streaming. Sometimes guys are eager for privates or to play games/use countdown, bit some times I get a whole room pf ppl who won't tip for anything, no matter what I offer. As a stripper there are many good ways to let ppl know they need to tip, but if you ask wrong they'll get offended. Are there any polite ways to let the room know they need to tip in some way? Thanks so much!!!

A members 2 cents...

Language that is used in prompting the room can also play a big part in this. Models often tend to use terms that they feel apply to the job in hand when reminding the room to contribute, such as... "I need xxxx tokens tonight guys"... or ..."MY goal is xxxx tokens in the next hour " etc etc... but with the best will in the world, such requests can still sound blunt, even graspy/greedy to the room.

An alternative approach could be to bin the exclusive terminology, such as I, me ,mine.... and go with more inclusive terms, such as We, Us, Ours. So, the model can now appear to be the leader of the room... leading her members like a team captain as it were, where everybody is working together to reach a collective goal. So if you were now to say..."Our target is in sight guys"... " We only need xxx tokens to hit Our goal tonight" etc., then it's clear that the model's goal now also becomes the member's goal. Everyone has their eyes on the same prize!

It's simple but often effective.

Good luck!

:)

Some suggestions:

Keep your most tantalizing tip options in your topic. A tip menu on your whiteboard or profile is fine but sometimes I'm too lazy to click on those. Only keep the more complicated options there.

Videos and snapchat options have permanence. So sometimes if I am new to a room or unsure I will see this model again, they seem like better deals.

Contributing to a countdown implies commitment. Maybe I am just browsing different rooms so if the countdown isn't close to being reached, I won't be inclined to tip for these.

Flashes and spanks are for instant gratification. These tips are geared toward impulsivity. If you are looking your sexiest and doing the best tease, you will most likely get these tips.

All jokes aside, when I watch models I go by the magazine stand rule: it is okay to pick up a magazine and browse through it's pages to see if you like it enough to buy it. But if I find myself actually reading the magazine... it's time to buy it. Nobody likes the jerk who reads the magazine by the stand for 15 minutes and then puts it back. Don't be that guy. So it's okay to enter models rooms to see what is up but if I find myself in a position where I am actively watching for more than 5 minutes, I tip.

There is no exactly right time. Just take a risk and do it. Then observe the reaction. Then do it again. Do it wrong 10 times. Eventually you will find the moments that feel right for you.

Reactions: lovingwitch

The biggest problem I see with the shows of many new models is that they actually have no show at all. You have to do something interesting to keep people engaged. That can be speaking, dancing, posing, whatever.

As a quick frame of reference, the Eastern European models I typically watch might get 20 to 50 viewers if they sit and stare. That moves to 75 to 125 if they keep their clothes on and do lots of interesting poses and movements. If they dance in underwear and are good at that, the numbers can quickly rise 150 to 300. These are all CB numbers, and I do not know the correct calibration to MFC.

You need to know what your strengths are. You need to invest consciously in asking what can you do during the show to make people want to keep watching. You need to be ready to do a lot of experiments around this and embrace failure as a learning opportunity. Keep experimenting to find the things you can do that men respond to.

You also need to think through what is your value to men. If you are not an English speaker, your value might only be sexual, because you are not a conversation partner. The mistake I see many girls make repeatedly is that they give away all their sexual value for free. If it is a free commodity, very few people have any reason to tip you. The flip side of that coin are the girls who never show anything and make showing anything so expensive that only 1/2 of 1% of the customers on the website are able to afford interacting with them. The sweet spot is to be alluring and sexual - usually with underwear or partial dress - and to make men constantly want to see more that they can only see if they tip. Then find the right price for what you show, balancing your value with the men can really afford on that site.

Tip menus is a big subject, but the mistake I see all the time is that the menu has almost nothing on it. You need to include cheap as well as expensive items. Where tip menus are really helpful are when a guy takes a fancy to you and starts to hang out with you. The menu with a lot of items on it gives him a way to play with you, and it also gives you a way to gauge which men are willing to pay to play. Without any means of interacting with you economically, you have no way to distinguish the men who are freeloaders from the ones who are willing to pay something.

It's like with Fan Club Memberships on CB, I see a lot have their subscription set to a lot which no one except the 1% could afford.. $150 for it, I mean... surely it's better to have 10 people pay $10 per month, than 0 pay that $150 each month. right? Even the really big models are smart with that. The way to make it work even better for you too, is to not give too much for free to fan members.

My point here is that definitely try not to undersell yourself but no matter how gorgeous you think you are don't set everything as that super high price and then get bitchy and ban everyone because no one can afford it. A model I know does a simple 10 tokens for bob flash.. that way it can attract A LOT of people to tip for it. Remember: you don;t have to flash for a long time - after all it is *only* 10 tokens.

You also obviously need to consider what are you honestly and really willing to go down to in terms of pricing for things.. I know some women who are not happy with their boobs so they set their boob price higher than everything else. It's all about balancing everything and think like a TYPICAL/AVERAGE (keyword) spender on the site.. yes everyone wants and hopes for a whale of a tipper but realistically that will only happen once every blue moon or never.

Edit:
Don't be afraid to play with prices a lot too. Obviously don't one day have stuff set to 10 tokens then suddenly the next day you set that to 100 UNLESS it's because you're wanting a break from it and do plan to change it back.

Well i am camming for almost a year with big breaks but what i learned about getting memebers to tip is easy and hard in same time so ;
-be yourslef , don't be a person like others wants you to be
- you need patience a lot of it because tastes are not to discuss, are a lot of members and you will have that ones who are on same page with you and like you for your personality not taling you like a sextoy
-you need to have ideas for your shows and things that make you comfortable
Are a lots of things that you will discover about yourself but the most important thing is don't lose your optimism and have patience , the best things will come with work and patience
kisses

I would say, don't be afraid to ask questions and interact with new people. Some might be shy, others like myself, are open to conversation and appreciate it. Whether it be in the room, or in PM. I had a great interaction with a model this morning who greeted me when I entered her room. We had a couple of discussions both in the room, as well as she PM'd me with a few questions on what brought me to MFC and her room. She said she keeps notes (MFC has the ability to do notes on members/models) on what people like, since everyone has different tastes.

We learned a few things about each other, and I tipped her a small "Hello" tip when I came into her room when she greeted me. Also, during our conversation as a way of letting her know I appreciated the interaction. I tipped her for a dance, after learning that she enjoys doing it (one of my favourite things a model can do is a seductive dance) as well as a couple of other things such as a smile she did (it was a tip w/note saying I liked her smile).

This might not be the "typical" interaction for many models with members, as the thirty minutes or so I was in her room, there was only one other person who tipped a few tokens here and there. Not saying I dropped a lot. But, what was originally intended to just be a couple of minutes checking out a new model's room turned into what I thought was a good interaction between us and my staying longer than anticipated and actively tipped. More importantly for her, I would go back and visit her again.

Reactions: Autumn Alexander
Same problem here! I am on Chaturbate since a month and made only 3000 tokens (I stream everyday 2-3hours).
Most of users don't talk, even if I talk.
Nobody tips at all. Colored users (light blue, dark blue, etc) ask for things for free (LOOOOL!!). I've noticed that many times colored users are cheaper than greys and expect shows for free.
I dance, sometimes show my booty, laugh when my mod or someone else say something funny, use a menu (I offer a lot of things from 4 tokens to 1000 tokens for all pockets), use bots, set goals, use popular hashtags, offer 30 tokens private show/group show, have no country blocked and NOTHING!
If I am lucky enough I make 400 tokens in 2-3 hours (but not everyday) and 25-30 people in my room.
Is it maybe because I don't show my face? Or maybe because I don't have a model like body as the girls in the first pages? But yet I see average looking girl or not so skinny and they get a looot of tokens.
Maybe camming is not for me... I tried for a month so far and I made only 3000 tokens ($150).

• Hugs
Reactions: CurvyJ
Status
Not open for further replies.