AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Getting into Webcam. Question about taxing and the begining

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2023
Hey everybody!
Im very new to this topic, and i want to start webcaming. I wanted to registrate to SC and CB, but i go into some milestones. I need a TAX ID which an accountant can provide if i start beeing a self-employee. If im right?
I spoke to an accountant who told me that I have to invoice people if I want to make money online. How should i do that? How do I issue an invoice if the CB pays me?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

I would first start by calling the accountant back and telling him the following things:

- You will be an independent contractor for both companies

- You are not the one processing payments

- Ask if you need to set yourself up as a 1 person corporation to get the tax payer ID

You could also directly email CB and SC and ask them which documents they need from your country.

I would first start by calling the accountant back and telling him the following things:

- Ask if you need to set yourself up as a 1 person corporation to get the tax payer ID

You could also directly email CB and SC and ask them which documents they need from your country.
All this and also mention that payments will be from an international company.

And shop around for accountants

I need a TAX ID

The "tax ID" you may be looking for is something like a Social Security Number in the USA - I am not sure if Hungary has something like that, but it's what the cam site is asking for to register. In any job, it would be information you'd list on the application/hiring paperwork.

Oh thats fantastic, i already wrote it down to my notes.
I think i can go around using cosmopay, so i wont go out the the limits as a self-employee (we have multiply things like KATA which can be applie if im under 5000$ income)

The "tax ID" you may be looking for is something like a Social Security Number in the USA - I am not sure if Hungary has something like that, but it's what the cam site is asking for to register. In any job, it would be information you'd list on the application/hiring paperwork.
I found what you calling
Social Security Number in the USA
which i also have gladly.

I thought the "Tax ID" is something like a self-employee number :angelic::angelic:

I thought the "Tax ID" is something like a self-employee number :angelic::angelic:
Not necessarily. Most places have one number if you're applying as an individual, that everyone should have, and another if you apply as a company, which only people who own companies or are registered self employees have. At least it's how it works here, should be similar there I guess?

I always used my individual person number for all sites and taxes and I never had a problem. Maybe you don't need to open a company / register as self employed. Of course it has its advantages but I don't think it's a requirement.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
I am not a cam model, but I do work freelance and am set up as a one-person company in Netherlands.

Your social security is your tax ID if you are an employee. So if you are going to work for a studio or something and they give you an employee contract, that is all you need.
If you are going to work completely independent/freelance then you will need to register at the chamber of commerce in your country as being a one person company. You will then be provided with a tax ID for that company and that is what you will need to use.

If you are gonna work independent/freelance I highly recommend you also employ a bookkeeper. A good one will usually pay for themself by helping you minimize the amount of tax you will have to pay, and it will give you piece of mind that you are not gonna run into issues with your tax office either.

Most bookkeeping offices will offer a free first consult to see if there is a fit, so why not try to set up something like that to talk through your current business plan and what you would need to set up for that?
Don't lie about the type of work you are going to do to the bookkeeper by the way. A good one should only care about numbers, but he/she needs to know the industry you are in because it often determines which expenses are tax deductible as business expenses or not.

• Helpful!
Reactions: babykalina
Status
Not open for further replies.