AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Gift ideas for her, Help!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FeliciaClover

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Mar 31, 2012
Ok so I have a regular who frequently buys me things off my wishlist, he gives me amazon gift cards and does privts.

He now has said he wants to buy me something "special" not the normal stuff I need or sexy stuff.

He's thinking stuff along the lines of jewelery, but I don't really like jewelry...

It should be in the couple hundred dollar range. I threw out the ideas of puppy, bunny and tattoo but he shot those down.

He keeps saying something special. And I can't think of anything. Ideas please?

gold, Gold, GOLD!!!!! Gold is such a great investment right now, never turn down the offer for someone to buy you gold. Not white gold, or gold plated. But anything solid gold. As the price of the dollar has been dropping, the price of gold has been skyrocketing. Take my advice on this, and you won't regret it. I promise.

Poker_Babe said:
gold, Gold, GOLD!!!!! Gold is such a great investment right now, never turn down the offer for someone to buy you gold. Not white gold, or gold plated. But anything solid gold. As the price of the dollar has been dropping, the price of gold has been skyrocketing. Take my advice on this, and you won't regret it. I promise.

The weak Euro has stalled gold's advance, and it has even lost some value. People normally buy gold when they are worried about the dollars value, but the dollar looks safer than the Euro does right now. Gold also should to be bought or sold in large amounts or fees can eat up all of your profits, and the mark up on jewelry is ridiculous which makes it even harder to profit.

A small bar would give you a better return I think, if you do decide to ask for gold. He probably wants to buy her jewelry though, it probably means something special in his mind.

Ask him to buy you a high couture item (I am assuming that you do like fashion).

Maybe list a few of your favourite designers and let him look around for something he feels is special enough while not being jewellery... Maybe a Vivienne Westwood wallet or a pair of Alexander McQueen shoes?

Edit: A key fob is also something that might even feel like jewellery to him - there are some very nice ones on net-a-porter.com

You could also mention maybe something like an iPad/iPhone, or if you already have those then some very nice accessories for them (also to be found at net-a-porter.com)

Custom made jewelry? Since you don't like typical jewelry, maybe you can design something that you WOULD cherish forever and ever and ever.

http://mashable.com/2011/02/21/design-jewelry-online/

OR maybe he can name a star after you?
Name a star for your favorite gift recipient
The wonderful thing about naming a star is that you can do it for just about anyone.

Want a romantic present for your girlfriend? Name a star after her and tell her you love her as much as all the stars in the sky. Need something for your nephew who loves astrology? Name a star and give him the coordinates to find it himself. How about a gift for a new baby? Name a star and let the parents know their love for their child has been memorialized in the stars. It's easy to get creative with a star!

So hop over to the Online Star Registry and check it out. Your recipient will get a certificate personalized with the star name, date and coordinates. And you'll get the good feeling of giving a gift that will last as long as there are stars in the sky.

http://www.squidoo.com/alternative-gift-ideas

Original Artwork (Etsy stuff too!) and First Editions or signed copies of books by favorite authors are also very special gifts.

That's all I have for now... :-D

Reactions: camstory
NoelleBright said:
AliceDoe said:
or a pair of Alexander McQueen shoes?

Mcqueen shoes usually run from $600-$4k++ :shock:
Maybe a pair of Jeffrey Campbells which are just as amazing but run from $200-$400 would be more reasonable.

Hmm, yeah, that's true.. I just really like him :p A pair of Lanvin flats would work though :)

LiLredhairedgrl said:
Custom made jewelry? Since you don't like typical jewelry, maybe you can design something that you WOULD cherish forever and ever and ever.

http://mashable.com/2011/02/21/design-jewelry-online/

OR maybe he can name a star after you?
Name a star for your favorite gift recipient
The wonderful thing about naming a star is that you can do it for just about anyone.

Want a romantic present for your girlfriend? Name a star after her and tell her you love her as much as all the stars in the sky. Need something for your nephew who loves astrology? Name a star and give him the coordinates to find it himself. How about a gift for a new baby? Name a star and let the parents know their love for their child has been memorialized in the stars. It's easy to get creative with a star!

So hop over to the Online Star Registry and check it out. Your recipient will get a certificate personalized with the star name, date and coordinates. And you'll get the good feeling of giving a gift that will last as long as there are stars in the sky.

http://www.squidoo.com/alternative-gift-ideas

Original Artwork (Etsy stuff too!) and First Editions or signed copies of books by favorite authors are also very special gifts.

That's all I have for now... :-D
Noooooooooooo... the star naming is a SCAM!!!!!
http://www.naic.edu/~gibson/starnames/isr_news.html

Bocefish said:
Title of the thread should be gift ideas for ME. If the both of you can't figure out what he should buy you that costs a couple hundred dollars, it must be a real predicament to be in. :roll:

Yeah, I came into this thread thinking it was a guy wanting gift ideas for his special lady...lol.

Also, I think this thread may be in the wrong forum (probably should be in General Discussion, Ask-A-Model, or Models Only).

And I don't understand why this guy is shooting down your ideas...isn't the goal to make YOU happy by purchasing items that YOU want?

He's thinking along the lines of jewelry, but YOU don't like jewelry.

It really isn't complicated. He can send you money or an Amazon e-gift card or an e-gift card to a store you love (Victoria's Secret, Walmart, Target, etc.). If a guy keeps telling me he wants to buy me something "special" yet shoots down all of my ideas, I would actually think he's just full of shit...but that's just me.

Reactions: LadyLuna
The_Brown_Fox said:
If a guy keeps telling me he wants to buy me something "special" yet shoots down all of my ideas, I would actually think he's just full of shit...but that's just me.

I can see where you're coming from, but I think I understand him too.

he probably has this romantic picture in his head where he hands over a box from an exclusive store with some beautiful necklace or bracelet, she swoons and will wear it always and treasure it - thus he is part of her life.

AliceDoe said:

he probably has this romantic picture in his head where he hands over a box from an exclusive store with some beautiful necklace or bracelet, she swoons and will wear it always and treasure it - thus he is part of her life.

Yeah, but she said that she doesn't like jewelry. Why push to buy her something that she really doesn't like? That's when it stops being about HER and it becomes about what HE wants (to see the item HE bought worn by her).

If it's one of those guys who HAS to buy an actual item (and tipping and e-gift cards isn't what he wants to do), he can buy her items off of her wishlist if she has one. And she could just take a 'Thank You!' picture of her holding the item(s) purchased with his money. Other models have done this, which I think is an excellent idea.

They are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

Reactions: Nordling
The_Brown_Fox said:
AliceDoe said:

Yeah, but she said that she doesn't like jewelry. Why push to buy her something that she really doesn't like? That's when it stops being about HER and it becomes about what HE wants (to see the item HE bought worn by her).

If it's one of those guys who HAS to buy an actual item (and tipping and e-gift cards isn't what he wants to do), he can buy her items off of her wishlist if she has one. And she could just take a 'Thank You!' picture of her holding the item(s) purchased with his money. Other models have done this, which I think is an excellent idea.

I agree with you 100%

He should listen to what she likes and what she wants, because the present is for her... But I think many men don't work like that..

That's why I think a beautiful key fob from a proper designer is a good compromise - provided she doesn't already have one that she really likes...

Reactions: Nordling
The_Brown_Fox said:
AliceDoe said:

It sounds like what he REALLY wants is "control by proxy." It isn't so much about making her happy as convincing her to "want" what he wants to give, whether it's something she'd even like or not.

If I was in your position, I would ask for this...

star-wars-lego-collection-05.jpg

It's a LEGO Millennium Falcon!!

But that might not be the kind of thing you're interested in :?

It does sound odd that he's shooting your ideas down - the gift is for you and not him after all.
Howzabout something like a day at a spa? Get all pampered and stuff.
Or clothes/shoes?

The_Brown_Fox said:
Yeah, I came into this thread thinking it was a guy wanting gift ideas for his special lady...lol.

Also, I think this thread may be in the wrong forum (probably should be in General Discussion, Ask-A-Model, or Models Only).

And I don't understand why this guy is shooting down your ideas...isn't the goal to make YOU happy by purchasing items that YOU want?
Yea, when I looked inside this thread early this morning, I got no further than the second post and started thinking, maybe the models only forum might be better. This guy obviously wants to spend the $ and has even given you an idea of the price range, so its no secret or anything, but somehow it feels a little gosh to have models nonchalantly discussing how to spend members $ in sight of all the members. Please take no offense, I don't suggest it was anything intentional, and it might just be an upbringing that has made me feel uncomfortable about this. It is the same sort of uncomfortable I might feel when someone has just bought a luxury item and is making a point of letting everyone know how much it cost. Two different things but the same feeling.

The other thing that I thought when reading this thread this AM, needed mention at the time, b/c no one had mentioned it. Now it has been said, and has been reiterated more than once. Well, I am going to make it one more time, b/c it is such a strong point IMO, (and maybe a little cuz I wish I had taken the time to be the first to make the point this morning).

If this is truly a gift for you, it should be given with no thought of what he would like for you to have. It doesn't frequently happen, but a true gift is given with 100% no strings attached. A true gift is very much akin to unconditional love. I don't see a way to make that point with out saying something that will come across poorly, so you may have to settle for something that makes you both somewhat happy. I doubt it will be special for ether of you though, as I think it would be for both of you, if he had the sense to give unconditionally, with only your happiness in mind.

Thanks for your comments everyone, nice or mean. I put this in random discussion and I set the topic the way I did because I wanted to know what members thought a "special" gift would be. Yes, its great to get egift cards and such, but I can see why he wants to physically get me something. Sorry if I offended anyone. I just couldn't think of anything that would make me happy and also make him happy.

Yes this ^

I hope it was not I who sounded offended, I was not, nor did I wish to sound anything but concerned. I only commented on the location of the post b/c it had been mentioned and felt also. I suggested that my feeling about it was probably my own garbage, as much as anything. :)

FeliciaClover said:
because I wanted to know what members thought a "special" gift would be.

I feel bad now, because I never did tell you. When I want to get something special for a model, I like to use everything I know about her and get her something not on her wishlist. If I adore her to pieces then I will even pick out clothes I think she would like. Buying clothes for women is a scary thing, but since it takes a lot of thought and attention to detail I feel that it increases the value of my gift, beyond the money I spent on it.

Shaun__ said:
FeliciaClover said:

Buying clothes for women is a scary thing, but since it takes a lot of thought and attention to detail I feel that it increases the value of my gift, beyond the money I spent on it.

Shoes are usually a good option. You know she will wear them once, and then throw them in the back seat on the way home, but she will at least have them with her until she cleans the car next.

Red7227 said:
Shaun__ said:
FeliciaClover said:

Buying clothes for women is a scary thing, but since it takes a lot of thought and attention to detail I feel that it increases the value of my gift, beyond the money I spent on it.

Shoes are usually a good option. You know she will wear them once, and then throw them in the back seat on the way home, but she will at least have them with her until she cleans the car next.
Your such a dick, but that's funny. :lol:

Red7227 said:
Shaun__ said:
FeliciaClover said:

They tend to like what I buy them, my failure list only has one thing on it. Last time I bought a model clothes she wore it to a party with her real life friends the same day. The important thing is to buy things she likes, or you can just buy cam clothes. You only way to screw up cam clothes is if they do not fit.

Reactions: camstory
Status
Not open for further replies.