AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Google Wallet For Payment?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 8, 2017
USA
Twitter Username
@avasnowskin
Tumblr Username
avasnowskin
Streamate Username
avasnowskin
Chaturbate Username
avasnowskin
So i met a potential sugar daddy on my girl fund who wants to give me a 500 monthly allowance for a couple cam shows a week. he wants to pay me through google wallet so that the site we met on doesn't take 45 percent. however i am not very familiar with google wallet and am not sure what information of mine he can see once he sends a payment. he said he can just type in my email and send it to me but can he see my name and location and everything?

Ive never tried to find any more information, but every time I've used google wallet all I've seen is the email and whatever name the model put on the account.
There may be some concerns over whether it is SW friendly, I'm sure someone with more experience will chime in on that.

As far as I recall, it is email only. But, if you have a Google profile, he might be able to add you, and get info that way. Also, I would add that while the site might take a cut of the money, it would most likely provide better protection from chargebacks and disputes than you could on your own via wallet.

I have used it to pay a model before. But, we had a very long standing reputation with one another.

Reactions: Magnolia
Much like paypal, google wallet is not sex worker friendly. Several ladies around here have used it, and about half of them still do. The other half have had their GW accounts frozen without notice and are now unable to use it ever again.

In terms of privacy, as of right now, you're most likely fine. If you make a unique email account with only your cam name on display, never link it to any personal stuff, etc., etc., and use it to transfer funds to your personal GW account then withdraw. That's a lot of work, but sure. Risk of chargeback is fairly low. Risk of account closure, however, is very high as mentioned above.

That said, if you're on MGF and take off site payment, MGF will see that in your message history and ban you. They track conversations like crazy. I've heard of ladies getting suspended just for telling someone no to offsite payments. You risk your entire MGF account hardcore if you do it.

Dudes who aren't willing to pay on the site where they found you (here: MGF) are usually scammers who will report you to the site, report you to the payment processor, and try to screw you out of money. Also, $500/month for a few shows per week? He's low balling the fuck out of you. Realistically, even at my absolute flat rate for my best customers, $500 my cut gets them a grand total of 3 hours of skype shows. I guarantee you that dude is going to milk the fuck out of you and waste your time, blackmailing you with potential reports to GW or MGF if you don't give him extra.

In short--DON'T DO IT!

Yeah, I am just not comfortabke with using it. I dont want to lose my accounts and him gaining access to my name since I can't use a fake name for my bank account information.

I know 500 is low but I figured it would be lower anyways for me being new. I'm just going to direct him to chaturbatr and have him pay that way if he wants shows lol

Just because you're new does NOT mean you have to set your prices lower. Set standards now, trust me. Just saying.

So i met a potential sugar daddy on my girl fund who wants to give me a 500 monthly allowance for a couple cam shows a week.

That's not a sugar daddy, that's a recurring customer.

So i met a potential sugar daddy on my girl fund who wants to give me a 500 monthly allowance for a couple cam shows a week. he wants to pay me through google wallet so that the site we met on doesn't take 45 percent. however i am not very familiar with google wallet and am not sure what information of mine he can see once he sends a payment. he said he can just type in my email and send it to me but can he see my name and location and everything?

I would be worried that he might be using Google Wallet as leverage on you. If he doesn't get something he wants then he reports your account and they shut you down. I would also be worried he might know a way to get your real name from Google Wallet.

Why not set up some Skype packages on IndieBill and have him pay you there? They protect you from chargebacks. You lose 15%, which is better than 50%. And he loses all leverage on you unless he wants to claim fraud to IndieBill. It would be best if you defined your IndieBill package to be a certain number of hours total, which expire after 30 days. Tell him after you have spent maybe three months and start to trust each other you can look at other payment methods.

I've taken Google wallet payments before and it's sketchy at best. Almost every payment I took went through a fraud hold and everytime I was so nervous they would freeze my fund or close the account. Despite getting my funds everytime, after 3 or 4 attempts at using it I was over the stress.

I think using IndieBill is an excellent suggestion by Smores. I would go one further and let him know that IndieBill takes 15% and give him the option to pay 590 monthly to cover expense for you. If he really wants you to get the full amount he might be open to it. Don't let the fact that you're new stop you for asking for what you want. At the end of the day you decide what your worth not the clients and most of the time in these tough payment situations they're more than understanding.

Good luck!

Reactions: Smores
I would be worried that he might be using Google Wallet as leverage on you. If he doesn't get something he wants then he reports your account and they shut you down. I would also be worried he might know a way to get your real name from Google Wallet.

Why not set up some Skype packages on IndieBill and have him pay you there? They protect you from chargebacks. You lose 15%, which is better than 50%. And he loses all leverage on you unless he wants to claim fraud to IndieBill. It would be best if you defined your IndieBill package to be a certain number of hours total, which expire after 30 days. Tell him after you have spent maybe three months and start to trust each other you can look at other payment methods.

Considering that she met him on MyGirlFund, a site that has banned models when members have mentioned off site contact/alternate payment, I highly recommend she not even bother with this dude.

OR just take payment on the site...If a site is THAT strict about offline content its probably smart to keeping him paying ON the website. This way if theres any issue then the site can handle it..

I know 500 is low but I figured it would be lower anyways for me being new. I'm just going to direct him to chaturbatr and have him pay that way if he wants shows lol

For what it's worth, go take a look at sites like indiebill, cammodeldirectory, and livecammodelshows. All of these pay between 75% and 85% respectively, all are long established and well known (LCMS is even owned by a veteran moderator at one of our sister cam forums), and all of them have a host of new models. Rates usually average $3/minute, but vary $2-$10 depending on the lady.

If other new girls are charging $3/min, you can feel comfortable doing the same. DON'T SELL YOURSELF SHORT!!! REAL customers know that's a common and fair price, and they know those are legit processors. Anyone who pretends otherwise is no customer.

And, as always, keep customers where you found them unless and until they contact you on a different platform themselves. I rejoice when my best Streamate guys migrate, but I never risk my account by encouraging it.

Status
Not open for further replies.