AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Got scammed by a CB-Model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2018
Neverland
Chaturbate Username
JJsulu123
Hey, I‘m JJ Sulu and this is the main reason I registered here:

I was chatting with a model on CB, asked her in some tipnotes some questions, whether she is into some things or not. We started to PM, where she offered me a Password-Show for 450 tkn for 30 minutes.
I was okay with, told her that I agreed to the conditions. I went to buy some new tkn because I didn‘t have enough.
Just as I got my tkn, she went private. I was a bit pissed, but after a few minutes, she came back.
She asked me again if I want to do a password-show, so I said yes.

She gave me her password, I tipped 450 tkn and soon she switched into the password mode. You are only allowed to enter her room with a password.

The problem was, the password was wrong. I entered various possibilities of the password, I even logged out and logged in again, nothing. It took two hours after her room was normally avaiable, which I saw in the charts.

I tried to enter, but she blocked me. I send an e-mail to the cb-support, but there was just an automatic request.

Now I don‘t know what to do. I‘m a bit unexperienced on this site, so I don‘t know what chances I have to get my tkn back.

I will appreciate every suggestion and help I get.

Sincerely
JJ Sulu

That sucks- do you know if she was new? That could be the only acceptable explanation, that she just screwed up because she's trying to figure out the platform. But probably, you got played, which is not nice at all.

My experience with CB support as a model is that they suck and frequently just send me form letter email replies to things, with answers that have nothing to do with the question I asked. I try to avoid needing them for anything, because they are known to be terrible at human interaction. It's easier to reach their rep on this forum apparently, than actually getting a human to talk to you when you contact their support directly from the site. Which is bullshit. They wouldn't need a rep roaming around other websites for PR if they actually took care of their customers and models directly on their site of business, with humans rather than robots reading and replying to emails. But you know... That's why it only pays $22.50US for a half hour of private there, vs. what it would cost you at a site that actually has good customer service.

As a model, I would say that if you are not banned completely, but only blocked for the day, you could try writing her again calmly when she is online again, and just explain the situation. If it was an honest mistake, she'll try to resolve it with you. If she just blocks you again without even talking to you, probably it was intentional. But in the long run I would not think that is a good business plan, because it's way more profitable to have a regular - unless of course you were very rude to her and that's why she banned you.

Reactions: JJsulu123
Upvote 0
That sucks- do you know if she was new? That could be the only acceptable explanation, that she just screwed up because she's trying to figure out the platform. But probably, you got played, which is not nice at all.

My experience with CB support as a model is that they suck and frequently just send me form letter email replies to things, with answers that have nothing to do with the question I asked. I try to avoid needing them for anything, because they are known to be terrible at human interaction. It's easier to reach their rep on this forum apparently, than actually getting a human to talk to you when you contact their support directly from the site. Which is bullshit. They wouldn't need a rep roaming around other websites for PR if they actually took care of their customers and models directly on their site of business, with humans rather than robots reading and replying to emails. But you know... That's why it only pays $22.50US for a half hour of private there, vs. what it would cost you at a site that actually has good customer service.

As a model, I would say that if you are not banned completely, but only blocked for the day, you could try writing her again calmly when she is online again, and just explain the situation. If it was an honest mistake, she'll try to resolve it with you. If she just blocks you again without even talking to you, probably it was intentional. But in the long run I would not think that is a good business plan, because it's way more profitable to have a regular - unless of course you were very rude to her and that's why she banned you.

The thread can be closed, I got my 450 tkn back from cb, but just for clarificatiom:

She wasn‘t new and I really wasn‘t rude to her, I even screenshotted the chat with my payment etc, I asked two times for the password just to be sure.

She banned me instant, so I‘m sure it was intentional.
I‘m a patient and nice customer, I know, why they‘re there and it‘s okay to me, it‘s (mostly) business to them and it doesn‘t bother me a bit. I pay for their shows and may ask them for a special request (always in tip notes, at least 10 tkn, because I made the experience they become friendlier) and in my view this is nothing special what I‘m doing.

I even stayed friendly when she went to prvt with somebody else, although I agreed to the pw-show, so I waited until she was done without getting angry.
I really don‘t know why she did that.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Wonderful you got your tokens back!

Upvote 0
Yeah, it's good to know they refunded you. I wasn't sure what would happen in that situation. I haven't heard any good follow-up stories yet - yours is the first recent story I've heard where somebody actually got a refund. As a model, I wonder then what is the follow-up on the model's side, whether she gets banned, or they take it out of her pay, or Chaturbate just absorbs it as a cost of doing business? If you happen to see in future, it would be good to hear a follow-up if you know that her account appears to be deleted, or she still seems to be working in the future like nothing even happened. It's weird when there are no clear boundaries,and poor communication between the company and the models, to be a model who is above-board with transactions and actually tries to honor customers, when there are other models on the same platform (possibly with no consequences from the platform?) who are doing their best to scam. It explains why sometimes it can be so hard to get people to tip, or go private, if they feel that kind of thing is tolerated on some level by the company and they are not protected. It takes a long time to build relationships with customers then to gain trust that you're not just going to cut and run.

I also appreciate that requests are put in tip notes, which I do think denotes some kind of respectful relationship with the model. I appreciate when guys even in chat tip small amounts to talk with me, showing that they get my time is valuable and if they want me to pay attention to them they can't just be there for some free show like I'm not a person. It's a job. Some customers don't have a lot of money, but I appreciate that they give even that little bit to show that they understand that I am working hard to please them, and that I would like a little appreciation too for all that effort to be their fantasy and try give them a more pleasant day. It really sucks then when a few models put out the vibe that they don't actually care how you feel and want to just rip you off - that's not business. I hope it helps you to know that if this happens in the future, now you can get a refund!

I'm sure the screen shots helped, because of course the customers try to scam us too, all the time. I can't tell you how many guys I've banned who think I'm stupid and put those fake tip comments up, like I don't know the difference between that and a real tip, or the few who claimed I had a tech failure when I have proof I didn't and everyone else could see and hear me, that it was on their end or they were just lying to try to guilt me into a free show. I saw a new girl just last night who was being harassed constantly by this guy who kept insisting she didn't follow through on a 500tk tip request, when she DID, I saw her do it myself - he either lost connection when she did it, or was lying. But she was too new to know she could just block him so he would stop ruining the vibe of her whole room, and making new people who came in think she was a scammer. At least she stood up for herself and didn't give a free show though. But yeah, trust can be hard on both sides, because a lot of people are corrupt assholes with no integrity.

Upvote 0
You aren't the first guy here to come in asking what to do about this exactly scam. Thanks for reporting it to them though, I doubt it'll mean much, but hey. They should be aware it's getting sort of common now.

Upvote 0
yours is the first recent story I've heard where somebody actually got a refund. As a model, I wonder then what is the follow-up on the model's side, whether she gets banned, or they take it out of her pay, or Chaturbate just absorbs it as a cost of doing business?

I have had members ask for refunds. Here is what happens:

Chaturbate issues the model a warning, she cannot broadcast until she reads the message from support and replies to it. The message tells you a customer asked for a refund of ____ tokens with the message the user sent support attached. There is a box where you can "authorize" the refund. You give your side of the story. Chaturbate support then investigates the issue and decides whether or not to issue the refund to the customer.

There's been instances where they do give the user a refund (for example.. a user joins one of my ticket shows at the last minute and he then asks for a refund so I authorize it and he gets it) and there have been instances in which Chaturbate sides with me (user asks for a refund of a ticket show fee when he watched the whole thing claiming I didn't show anything when there was nudity in the show)

I imagine support reads the chatlogs to see who is right.

Upvote 0
I have had members ask for refunds. Here is what happens:

Chaturbate issues the model a warning, she cannot broadcast until she reads the message from support and replies to it. The message tells you a customer asked for a refund of ____ tokens with the message the user sent support attached. There is a box where you can "authorize" the refund. You give your side of the story. Chaturbate support then investigates the issue and decides whether or not to issue the refund to the customer.

There's been instances where they do give the user a refund (for example.. a user joins one of my ticket shows at the last minute and he then asks for a refund so I authorize it and he gets it) and there have been instances in which Chaturbate sides with me (user asks for a refund of a ticket show fee when he watched the whole thing claiming I didn't show anything when there was nudity in the show)

I imagine support reads the chatlogs to see who is right.

Good to know, thanks! Good to know too, as a model, that they don't automatically ban you if a customer complains, particularly if there is more than one instance that needs to be settled over time. It is a concern that more and more guys feel like they can just claim a model didn't deliver when she did (and also, in the case of the OP, that perhaps more and more models feel they can just cut out rather than providing the service paid for). So far I have had a 100% satisfaction rating, and only verbal/chat attempts from customers at scamming me which I was able to handle myself. But I'm sure it is only a matter of time before I would run into a situation where someone might complain, even when I am trying to do a good job and be fair. I can see too where with a tech-heavy job, sometimes a non-tech-savvy guy might genuinely think it was my fault that suddenly he can't see or hear me, when it actually is a problem on his end. So all it takes is one guy who doesn't know how to work his own computer, and has a hothead personality, before a refund complaint is lodged. So I'm glad they do at least investigate to try to find the truth of what went on. Good to know there will likely be a consequence for this thread's scammer too, so she won't have incentive to keep doing it.

I wonder though - if you didn't "authorize" a particular refund, and Chaturbate decides to give it anyway - does that money get taken out of your account? Or do they pay it? Like maybe you feel you gave in good faith all that you promised. But Chaturbate sides with the customer instead. Or, this scammer refuses to give OP the refund. But Chaturbate sees the records and feels it really was not fair for him. Who pays? Also, if you've already cashed out and don't have enough tokens at present to cover the refund, I would think they're just out of luck until you work again enough to cover? In that case, is there a negative placeholder in the tokens earned until you work enough to cover the cost? I just wonder how these things work - in part for how this model faces consequences for her choice to scam, but also in case I were to do my best and Support were to side against me anyway. I don't have much trust for them to side with the model even when the model is actually honest and working hard, since they have such a long established history for banning people they owe payment to without apparent warning, or virtually any personalized communication afterwards. I try not to accumulate too much before I cash out for that reason. Whether or not that's really how it goes down, they have a very bad rep for being unfair to models, and so I assume to some extent there is good reason for that rep. Thus I try my best to fly under the radar and not cross them at all. But perhaps, this is not an issue when it comes to customer refunds, because they lose their own cut in the process also and so have incentive to resist a scamming customer...?

Sorry, not trying to derail thread, but it seems OP got what he was seeking, and this is an example both sides can learn from, since it affects trust, and money, both for customers, but also for models. People DO claim scams or dissatisfaction all the time to try to get refunds - in pretty much all sectors of business nowadays - and it helps to know ahead of time what to expect if that happens. Most of us are in this job to make money, so it really affects us if we might do everything we can to satisfy a customer, and still potentially have to pay a refund out of our own pockets at the end of the day because Customer Service decides to side with the customer for whatever reason we'll probably never be privy to.

Upvote 0
If you don't authorize it but chaturbate decides that the customer complaint was legit, they take it from your account. Hasn't happened to me but a friend had negative tokens one day, because she cashed out her tokens the day before and then cb debited her the tokens from the customer complaint. Was over a year ago though, maybe things have changed.

Upvote 0
Just saw that her room was banned :)

Good. She is beyond stupid anyway for scamming.

My regulars who do privates are my bread and butter so they always get priority treatment on any site I'm on. She doesn't know how to run a successful cammodel room. Glad to hear she's gone.

Upvote 0
Thank you for the reply on how they handle payment for a refund!

Also, great to get the follow-up of what happened to this scammer. It's good to know they take that seriously (maybe there were multiple complaints all from the same time period or something - you very likely weren't the only one).

Upvote 0
Surprise surprise. I don‘t even have words for this.
I went prvt with the first model, she just went off mid prvt without even saying something.
Right after that I got into prvt with another model (to finish the unfinished) and what can I say? She just sat there for a whole of 10 minutes without doing anything nothing something (10 minutes was minimum length).
Luckily, both shows were recorded. I just don‘t f-ing know, why they‘re doing this when I tipped them good before even going into prvt?
I don‘t have the time and energy to report it everytime to the support. I‘m just speechless.

Upvote 0
Surprise surprise. I don‘t even have words for this.
I went prvt with the first model, she just went off mid prvt without even saying something.
Right after that I got into prvt with another model (to finish the unfinished) and what can I say? She just sat there for a whole of 10 minutes without doing anything nothing something (10 minutes was minimum length).
Luckily, both shows were recorded. I just don‘t f-ing know, why they‘re doing this when I tipped them good before even going into prvt?
I don‘t have the time and energy to report it everytime to the support. I‘m just speechless.
I'm just a member and I don't do Chaturbate. I have stated before in other threads, spend lots of time in a model's room (at least a month) before doing any privates. Make sure you know you can trust the model before you spend the tokens.

Upvote 0
If you are looking for privates Chaturbate is not the site for you. Try Streamate.
Thanks for your advices above, but it depends on my mood and the model if I want to go prvt. It just annoys me, I‘m just there for fun, I know it‘s business, you have to pay for actions and I‘m totally okay with it, even when I have a good vibe with a model and there is someone who tips more and she‘s prvt out of nowhere, I‘m perfectly fine cause that‘s how it works. I just don‘t understand why the models feel the need to scam, they get lots of tokens and if I have a good vibe with her, damn sure I‘ll come back. Like, we both having fun and you earning money over and over again, so why pulling this kind of bulls***.

Upvote 0
Thanks for your advices above, but it depends on my mood and the model if I want to go prvt. It just annoys me, I‘m just there for fun, I know it‘s business, you have to pay for actions and I‘m totally okay with it, even when I have a good vibe with a model and there is someone who tips more and she‘s prvt out of nowhere, I‘m perfectly fine cause that‘s how it works. I just don‘t understand why the models feel the need to scam, they get lots of tokens and if I have a good vibe with her, damn sure I‘ll come back. Like, we both having fun and you earning money over and over again, so why pulling this kind of bulls***.

There are assholes everywhere. Who knows why an asshole is an asshole? The reason I am telling you to avoid CB for privates is because the site's system makes it easier for an asshole to scam people. Chaturbate is not a private site, it is a token site, which means it is great for entertainment and a social atmosphere, but if what you are looking for is someone who will cater to you 1 on 1 there are sites that specialize in that kind of service and where you will be more protected as a customer.

Edit: I want to explain why this is so better... on a token site you are catering to masses of people. The people who watch you today are not likely to come back tomorrow and that's okay because you will have new ones. It's a little bit like a restaurant in front of the Eiffel Tower, it's probably aimed at tourists and since a tourist does not tend to become a regular customer the restaurant doesn't care too much about quality. It does care about having a great image though, because the image is what will pull customers in. So.. in a tokensite is the same way. A model is less likely to scam people in public chat because she doesn't want to risk face. But when you take her away to private chat, she doesn't have an incentive to put on a good show, especially if the minimum works like it does on CB... she is already guaranteed her money so she can simply scam you. Then she bans you and there is no way you will embarass her in front of the tourists.

On a private site like Streamate models have a much shorter leash. Their livelyhood depends more on repeat customers and their whole reputation is based on how good they are in private chat. Support is also better over there as they have less users overall.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are assholes everywhere. Who knows why an asshole is an asshole? The reason I am telling you to avoid CB for privates is because the site's system makes it easier for an asshole to scam people. Chaturbate is not a private site, it is a token site, which means it is great for entertainment and a social atmosphere, but if what you are looking for is someone who will cater to you 1 on 1 there are sites that specialize in that kind of service and where you will be more protected as a customer.
Okay, then I think I have to switch over to another site.

Upvote 0
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Report the other girl too please. I'm on chaturbate and I do privates there, girls like this make me lose potential customers. As far as streamate goes, without reports to support, I'd doubt they act too but I don't know very much about streamate otherwise. Chaturbate support is known to handle this quite well as opposed to for example mfc, where user support basically doesn't exist. I know this as a former easter european studio performer, it was actually a bit of "advice" that on mfc we can basically do what we want whereas on cb we have to be careful (yes, this is about pulling money from customers without doing anything).

If I may ask, "model 1", then "model 2" reminds me of my time in my studio. Studio girls?

Upvote 0
I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. Report the other girl too please. I'm on chaturbate and I do privates there, girls like this make me lose potential customers. As far as streamate goes, without reports to support, I'd doubt they act too but I don't know very much about streamate otherwise. Chaturbate support is known to handle this quite well as opposed to for example mfc, where user support basically doesn't exist. I know this as a former easter european studio performer, it was actually a bit of "advice" that on mfc we can basically do what we want whereas on cb we have to be careful (yes, this is about pulling money from customers without doing anything).

If I may ask, "model 1", then "model 2" reminds me of my time in my studio. Studio girls?

First of all, thanks for your post.
I just reported model "2", but I sure will report model "1".

And I literally can´t tell if it´s a studio model.

Reactions: nasti2002
Upvote 0
Pretty stupid for models on Streamate to try and scam customers. If you have a paid show with a model, even if it’s just a minute long, you can rate her (1-5 stars) and leave a comment that would be at the top of her public profile once approved (by support). In addition to emailing support about it.

Not to sound too “sales pitchy” but hey, come check us out!

There’s lots of camsites, I’m sure you’ll be able to find one that suits you. Just might take a little shopping around.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.