AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Got scammed by a CB-Model

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 5, 2018
Neverland
Chaturbate Username
JJsulu123
Hey, I‘m JJ Sulu and this is the main reason I registered here:

I was chatting with a model on CB, asked her in some tipnotes some questions, whether she is into some things or not. We started to PM, where she offered me a Password-Show for 450 tkn for 30 minutes.
I was okay with, told her that I agreed to the conditions. I went to buy some new tkn because I didn‘t have enough.
Just as I got my tkn, she went private. I was a bit pissed, but after a few minutes, she came back.
She asked me again if I want to do a password-show, so I said yes.

She gave me her password, I tipped 450 tkn and soon she switched into the password mode. You are only allowed to enter her room with a password.

The problem was, the password was wrong. I entered various possibilities of the password, I even logged out and logged in again, nothing. It took two hours after her room was normally avaiable, which I saw in the charts.

I tried to enter, but she blocked me. I send an e-mail to the cb-support, but there was just an automatic request.

Now I don‘t know what to do. I‘m a bit unexperienced on this site, so I don‘t know what chances I have to get my tkn back.

I will appreciate every suggestion and help I get.

Sincerely
JJ Sulu

And I literally can´t tell if it´s a studio model.

I am sure it is a little bit of a cliche, but like most things in life the prejudices do work to an extent. You can usually tell when a model is from a studio because they cam with the same kind of background and they are not native english speakers. The background is usually a tiny room with wallpaper and a bed or a sofa think of a love motel in miniature:

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.06.49 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.06.18 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.06.04 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.05.35 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.04.27 PM.jpg Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.03.51 PM.jpg

An indie camgirl generally works from home and you can tell it's her home because there are (1) windows, (2) personal belongings in the room (3) she can move around and there's other types of furniture and actual space in the room.

Upvote 0
I am sure it is a little bit of a cliche, but like most things in life the prejudices do work to an extent. You can usually tell when a model is from a studio because they cam with the same kind of background and they are not native english speakers. The background is usually a tiny room with wallpaper and a bed or a sofa think of a love motel in miniature:

View attachment 75153 View attachment 75154 View attachment 75155 View attachment 75156 View attachment 75157 View attachment 75158

An indie camgirl generally works from home and you can tell it's her home because there are (1) windows, (2) personal belongings in the room (3) she can move around and there's other types of furniture and actual space in the room.

Okay, I think number 1 was independent and number 2 was clearly a studio model. Thanks for helping!

Upvote 0
Yeah lol, check out streamate too :)

But as you can see the "system" apparently works on cb too, a scam girl got banned.

I just raised the studio question as a former studio girl myself, because on all sites there will be girls who have zero long term perspective. Some will just want to earn a set amount of tokens, so they can leave the camsites. Some studios make girls sign contracts with a high penalty for leaving early before the girls even see what kind of sites they are put on. Imagine you are being told you will only chat with customers (like customer support), get paid for that and you find yourself on an adult camsite the next day. That's what it is like for some girls. So be aware of it.

Upvote 0
Yeah lol, check out streamate too :)

But as you can see the "system" apparently works on cb too, a scam girl got banned.

I just raised the studio question as a former studio girl myself, because on all sites there will be girls who have zero long term perspective. Some will just want to earn a set amount of tokens, so they can leave the camsites. Some studios make girls sign contracts with a high penalty for leaving early before the girls even see what kind of sites they are put on. Imagine you are being told you will only chat with customers (like customer support), get paid for that and you find yourself on an adult camsite the next day. That's what it is like for some girls. So be aware of it.

Holy shoot...Yeah, that´s why I treat model with respect, it´s a hard working job and you never know WHY they´re doing it.

Upvote 0
Reactions: Lacey Whaaaaaaaat
Upvote 0
450 Tokens for a 30 Min show is a BARGAIN! That should have been a clue as well. At least that is the case for an American cam girl. Maybe that is the going rate in one of the foreign camgirl factories.

I´m active since February 2018, so I don´t really know what´s bargain or not. If I see a model and we get a good vibe, I tip whatever they want me to tip.

• Hugs
Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
450 Tokens for a 30 Min show is a BARGAIN! That should have been a clue as well. At least that is the case for an American cam girl. Maybe that is the going rate in one of the foreign camgirl factories.

Rate is definitely an indicator, in my opinion. It's not everything--there are honest and established camgirls with low rates, and dishonest ones with high rates. Nevertheless, I often see threads like this and think to myself that it's possible to avoid some of these problems by increasing what you're willing to pay somewhat. Combine that with being less impulsive and feeling out a model's room over time and I think a lot of these problems can be minimized (though probably never eliminated, unfortunately). I do understand just wanting to get off without doing a bunch of research first, in which case I'd recommend the same thing that's been suggested above--visiting a more private-based site. That and maybe checking out something like Streamate gold shows if you're not familiar with the model, and grabbing a more personalized show later down the line.

Upvote 0
I´m active since February 2018, so I don´t really know what´s bargain or not. If I see a model and we get a good vibe, I tip whatever they want me to tip.

Upvote 0
Oh yeah?!?! Come and see me! ;)

Upvote 0
That is the most common mistake newcomers make @JJsulu123 so don't feel bad about it. Most people when they first go into a camsite believe that the camsite is like a company and there are some rules of conduct everyone abides by and the rules are pretty much the same for everybody. In reality camsites are more like a marketplace and each camgirl has her own rules which can be completely different from one girl to the next, the rules of a site are difficult to enforce and seasoned members learn to get to know a model slowly before putting their trust (and hard earned tokens) in her hands. Everything is completely different from one room to the next from boundaries (what the girl is comfortable and not comfortable doing) level of intimacy she is willing to give you, how much contact she wants from her members, how open she is about her life, how or clean she likes to be talked, types of shows she will and wont do and a long etcetera.

This is why finding the camgirl of your dreams is about more than looks, you need to find someone who does the types of shows you want and who has the ethics and personality to get along with you smoothly. This is why some seasoned members when they find their ideal girl will stick with her for years, because it is not an easy task. Some members never find her and spend their time jumping from one room to the next like a chicken with its head cut off lol

Upvote 0
Seems like the most legitimate models eventually end up here on this forum. As you search through here you will have quite a few girls to check out. In all likelihood, the scammers and thieves would never take the time to post on a forum. They would rather sneak into obscurity and hide in the weeds.

Upvote 0
That is the most common mistake newcomers make @JJsulu123 so don't feel bad about it. Most people when they first go into a camsite believe that the camsite is like a company and there are some rules of conduct everyone abides by and the rules are pretty much the same for everybody. In reality camsites are more like a marketplace and each camgirl has her own rules which can be completely different from one girl to the next, the rules of a site are difficult to enforce and seasoned members learn to get to know a model slowly before putting their trust (and hard earned tokens) in her hands. Everything is completely different from one room to the next from boundaries (what the girl is comfortable and not comfortable doing) level of intimacy she is willing to give you, how much contact she wants from her members, how open she is about her life, how or clean she likes to be talked, types of shows she will and wont do and a long etcetera.

This is why finding the camgirl of your dreams is about more than looks, you need to find someone who does the types of shows you want and who has the ethics and personality to get along with you smoothly. This is why some seasoned members when they find their ideal girl will stick with her for years, because it is not an easy task. Some members never find her and spend their time jumping from one room to the next like a chicken with its head cut off lol

Thank you for your words and advices, Kitsune, I really appreciate it.
I know it‘s not about the looks, it‘s really important for me to have a good vibe, a good connection so that both of us are having fun. Maybe they gained my trust too fast, I don‘t know. All in all, I think you are right, didn‘t see it that way. Thanks for enlightening me.

Upvote 0

View attachment 75153 View attachment 75154 View attachment 75155 View attachment 75156 View attachment 75157 View attachment 75158

I often wonder if it looks like I'm a studio model because I've been camming from my antique loveseat and that's basically all that is in view with my curtains behind it. Haha oh well. I love my couch so whatever. Sorry off topic...carry on.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
I have seen plenty of people have issues with password shows, most of the time some users just double click on the password to copy and paste it into the password box and wonder why it doesnt work. Normally its due to an added space that gets added by mistake, though I'm not saying this is what you did ;)

I do know plenty of good female model friends who do privates & password shows, normally if theres an issue, they would disable the password show and come back into public show and wait for that user to come back into their room to see what the issue was. But if theres been an issue and the user never came back for what ever reason some models would tweet out asking for that user to get in touch with them.

One bit of advice is when you're going to go into a private with a model is ALWAYS check with the model with what their willing to do and ASK first before you hit that start private :) This way theres no confusion between yourself & the model.

Will admit theres been a few scammers on CB which does bring the site down, but thats why CB brought in the rating system for users who have tipped over 25 tokens or more. Once a rating goes below a certain point you'll receive a warning about the low rating :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: JJsulu123
Upvote 0
This is why finding the camgirl of your dreams is about more than looks, you need to find someone who does the types of shows you want and who has the ethics and personality to get along with you smoothly. This is why some seasoned members when they find their ideal girl will stick with her for years, because it is not an easy task.

Why is this so damn true? To this day, I've browsed around here and there, definitely no shortage of sexy girls out there but idk. My favorite is my favorite still and I ain't ashamed of that. Bitch is good, what can I say? lol.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0
I have seen plenty of people have issues with password shows, most of the time some users just double click on the password to copy and paste it into the password box and wonder why it doesnt work. Normally its due to an added space that gets added by mistake, though I'm not saying this is what you did ;)

I do know plenty of good female model friends who do privates & password shows, normally if theres an issue, they would disable the password show and come back into public show and wait for that user to come back into their room to see what the issue was. But if theres been an issue and the user never came back for what ever reason some models would tweet out asking for that user to get in touch with them.

One bit of advice is when you're going to go into a private with a model is ALWAYS check with the model with what their willing to do and ASK first before you hit that start private :) This way theres no confusion between yourself & the model.

Will admit theres been a few scammers on CB which does bring the site down, but thats why CB brought in the rating system for users who have tipped over 25 tokens or more. Once a rating goes below a certain point you'll receive a warning about the low rating :)

Thanks for your advices! I always ask them what they‘re comfortable with to do and then get us both through pm and tipping in the right mood. That‘s why I was so pissed.

And refering to the pw-show, it was the same thing. We chatted through pm, I tipped her to ger her in the right mood aswell and then I asked multiple times what her password was. I wrote in every imaginable way and like I said, I couldn‘t get to her room for two hours because she left it in pw-mode, but right after she came back, I got blocked.

Upvote 0

PREPARE TO BE INUNDATED.

Sounds like you have a lovely approach but have run into some real potatoes. Sucks because it’s easy to become jaded when you’ve run into people like that and there’s not a guaranteed way to vet models. I do think anyone who goes through the process to get verified here is a somewhat safer bet, but there is always risk when it comes to money on the internet.

• Helpful!
Reactions: JJsulu123
Upvote 0
Why is this so damn true? To this day, I've browsed around here and there, definitely no shortage of sexy girls out there but idk. My favorite is my favorite still and I ain't ashamed of that. Bitch is good, what can I say? lol.
I know what you SHOULDN'T say.... Referring to your favorite as a bitch is degrading, insulting, and unfortunately how too many assholes like yourself look at cam models. Most of us are highly intelligent women who have found a way to maximize our potential and turn camming into a career. No doubt this is how you view women in general. As beneath you. Would you refer to your mother as a bitch? Your sister? How would you react if someone else referred to your mother or sister as a bitch? I am a mother, a grandmother, and a sister. I am NOBODY'S bitch and no woman should ever be referred to as one. Learn some respect and perhaps you will have a woman in "real" life instead of just online.

Upvote 0
Referring to your favorite as a bitch is degrading, insulting,

It reaaaally depends on the person, my roommate answers the phone to certain friends with "Hey, bitch!" because that's how they interact. It's becoming more common in certain regional vernaculars to use it interchangeably with lady/girl/woman and not mean it in a demeaning way whatsoever.

Upvote 0
It reaaaally depends on the person, my roommate answers the phone to certain friends with "Hey, bitch!" because that's how they interact. It's becoming more common in certain regional vernaculars to use it interchangeably with lady/girl/woman and not mean it in a demeaning way whatsoever.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Anybody accepting this type of behavior is just helping to enable the problem to continue. If you are ok being called a bitch, then you need to check yourself and have a little more self respect. I am shocked to hear a woman say that bitch is interchangeable with lady!

He was referring to her to other people as "bitch". That is a problem. It may be one thing for him to say to her, "hey bitch" if that is the relationship they have. To refer to her as bitch to random people on a forum? Not cool.

Upvote 0
That is absolutely ridiculous. Anybody accepting this type of behavior is just helping to enable the problem to continue. If you are ok being called a bitch, then you need to check yourself and have a little more self respect. I am shocked to hear a woman say that bitch is interchangeable with lady!

Like I said, it's a regional thing. It's like "cunt" - in some places, it's a very rude word that you NEVER use, and in other places, people casually greet their friends with "How's it going, you cunt!" Language evolves and changes, and when a single language is spoken in multiple places, the same word can mean a different thing in different places.

A prime example - Coke. If I go into a restaurant here in Iowa and order a Coke, they bring me a Coca-Cola. If I do the same thing in Georgia, they'll ask me what kind of Coke I want and I'll have to specify that I want a Cola, because they use Coke to refer to all sodas.

Upvote 0
I've known this chick for years. We give each other shit all the time. She don't get offended, she just laughs. We're just cool like that, it's how we are.

Maybe some guys prefer to be ass kissers and write romance novellas, we just keep it real lol.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.