AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Had my first crazytimes memory lapse today

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evvie

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Feb 12, 2012
This morning I was doing the dishes. We end up collecting a lot of glasses upstairs, so I went to inspect the situation. There were eight cups, I could carry two in each hand, and using my very intelligent math brain, I realized it would take me two trips. I picked up four cups, walked downstairs, and started washing. Much to my surprise, when I reached for the first glass, there were eight cups total on the kitchen counter. I went upstairs to ask Mr. Man if he had followed me down with them, but he had not.

So it seems I made two trips upstairs and just *poof*'ed on one. It was really bizarre and is still kind of weirding me out. I know people just lose time all the time, but I've never noticed it happening to me so distinctly.

Have any of you guys noticed a similar lapse in your time? I guess I should be happy my brain erased a really boring 50 second walk up the stairs to get dishes, but at the same time, gah.

Reactions: LadyLuna
I have never had that happen unless there were large amounts of alcohol involved at least not outside my car. I have driven for a while and not remembered driving, that has happened more than a few times.

I have shit like this happen all the time and I hate it. It flips me out. I always just figured it was an extremely helpful (and menacing depending on the situation) extra personality I have for when something is just so tedious I can go on auto pilot while doing it.

It is possible to carry 8 glasses (4 in each hand, if you stick your fingers in the top of 'em) at once... maybe you did! MAGIC!

AmberCutie said:
It is possible to carry 8 glasses (4 in each hand, if you stick your fingers in the top of 'em) at once... maybe you did! MAGIC!
Them glasses are actually big old fat glass mugs, and i would believe you if it were possible to carry those things using the 'ol four-finger trick

Evvie said:
AmberCutie said:
Them glasses are actually big old fat glass mugs, and i would believe you if it were possible to carry those things using the 'ol four-finger trick
Darnit I thought I Sherlock Holmes'd that shit for you.

Oh well.

Reactions: Red7227
AmberCutie said:
Evvie said:
AmberCutie said:
Darnit I thought I Sherlock Holmes'd that shit for you.

Oh well.
Hehe. Just kinda hoping the 'ol noggin will let me be.

I was going to think up a joke about drugs or something about getting high with you and losing our memory together or something, and I just couldn't come up with anything :( sorry.

Reactions: AmberCutie
I'm a highly productive sleep walker. I'll wake up in the morning and turn the bathroom light on and be struck with terror because someone broke into my house in the middle of the night and cleaned.
And then I find the windex and paper towel in the fridge next to the milk and think, "oh wait no, that's probably me, even a psychopathic catburgler with an irrational hardon for cleaning womens bathrooms wouldn't put the windex in the fridge...even a truly deranged brain wouldn't come up with that one, but it stands to reason I needed a snack after my nocturnal cleaning binge"

Could be worse though, I could be out robbing liquor stores in my sleep.

Sort of similar thing happened to me once. I was getting ready for work and couldn't find my keys. I looked EVERYWHERE for them. For half an hour. I finally called the wife, because she has a spare key to my truck and she came home from work to find me still searching the house, so she joined in for five or so minutes. I was starting to sweat from frustration then I had a glimmer of memory and felt at my side.

I had hooked them on a belt loop and tucked them into my back pocket so they wouldn't annoy me when they swing.

I apologized profusely and went to work.

Friends of mine returned home from a week's holiday in Mexico, to find their car was not in the driveway. They were quite upset and reported it stolen. Later that afternoon the police found the car, in a parking lot at the train station where they'd left it... Now.. they had a week to forget that and they WERE quite a bit older... so... hmmm :) Evvie soon you'll be joining the local horticultural society!

Reactions: JickyJuly
I got really mad at my ex on the phone once, because he wouldnt stop yelling at me when I kept telling him to hold the fuck on for a minute so I could find my phone.

Reactions: Red7227
Evvie said:
So it seems I made two trips upstairs and just *poof*'ed on one. It was really bizarre and is still kind of weirding me out. I know people just lose time all the time, but I've never noticed it happening to me so distinctly.

Have any of you guys noticed a similar lapse in your time? I guess I should be happy my brain erased a really boring 50 second walk up the stairs to get dishes, but at the same time, gah.

Yeah, brain on autopilot while you are thinking about something else isn't that strange. I don't drive because it happens to me while i'm driving. People with me say they didn't even notice, but it gave me a fucking heart attack when I realised I was doing it :D.

For me it always seems to be when traveling a familiar path.

My freshman year of high school, there was a 15 minute drive to school in my parents' car. One day it took 5 minutes, and I didn't sleep it.

My senior year of high school, at boarding school, I lived on the coveted third floor. Of course, with only stairs, I had to climb the stairs millions of times. Normally, it goes, First floor, turn corner, second floor, turn corner, third floor. One day, it went first floor, turn corner, third floor.

My sophomore year of college, I was going from one dorm to another that was about 20 steps away, 15 at a run. It took me four steps to get there. The really weird part- no one else had moved forward like that, and everyone was looking at me weird, so I'm not quite sure what happened there.

Reactions: camstory and Evvie
Are you taking any medications? I had a morning where I repeated myself unintentionally to two different people at work. It was scary. I had started taking zopiclone occasionally to help with sleep. I checked and it turns out that amnesia-like memory impairments are a known side effect. Shortly after that day I started breaking the pills in half and did not have a recurrence.

Neudiin said:
I have never had that happen unless there were large amounts of alcohol involved at least not outside my car. I have driven for a while and not remembered driving, that has happened more than a few times.
This very distinct feeling of miles lost while driving has happened to me three times. Two of those events took place while on a big open interstate, and didn't bother me so much. (Though one of these times I had traveled 18 miles. It was the space from 27 miles to, and 9 miles to that was missing, I realized when I saw the 9 miles to and came back from?

The other time this happened, has me still sort of :think: I was driving less than 5 miles cross town. The town I grew up in, and at the time lived in. It was early morning and I hadn't been up long, but I was not groggy and fully awake. I remembered pulling away from the house, and the next concise moment was two miles later. The thing that bothered, more than the laps, was that when I came back, it was exactly like that thing that happens when you wake in a room not yours, and have to look all around, because you can't understand where the fuck you are. Well, I was so lost for where I was, that it took me almost 3 blocks of looking out at every thing, before I put it together. And it didn't then feel like I had remembered, but rather just got it because I knew the homes, and landmarks I was rolling past"

Sounds like most of us have experienced very similar occurrences. Even so it sounds like they are more or less very rare. I wonder what it is that this ever happens, or doesn't happen more. That is, that I wonder about the mechanism that trigers these events. I wonder further if we will allow ourselves to get to the point of understanding the brain in some complete way. My curious child so wants to know all the answers, yet I have to feel how unspectacular life would be with out wonder.

Red7227 said:
LovelyLemon said:

I have to ask, what exactly where you wearing during the cleaning binge?

star wars footie pajamas with the flap in the fanny

LovelyLemon said:
Red7227 said:
LovelyLemon said:

Please tell me the flap is in the center of the Death Star. I want to fire a photon torpedo into the reactor core. :-D

Reactions: camstory
Megaclit said:
Friends of mine returned home from a week's holiday in Mexico, to find their car was not in the driveway. They were quite upset and reported it stolen. Later that afternoon the police found the car, in a parking lot at the train station where they'd left it... Now.. they had a week to forget that and they WERE quite a bit older... so... hmmm :) Evvie soon you'll be joining the local horticultural society!
My husband once called me at work to alert me that our van had been stolen. He was intensely bothered and I couldn't help but bust out in laughter at the idea of someone stealing our hideous vehicle. Later, he wandered over to the gas station next to us and noticed that the van was there. He'd apparently driven over and skipped on home. :lol: He too is old if we are collecting data on this issue. Hehehehe.

camstory said:
. My curious child so wants to know all the answers, yet I have to feel how unspectacular life would be with out wonder.
Well, no never less than spectacular, just less spectacular, I guess.
:-D

lordmagellan said:
LovelyLemon said:
Red7227 said:
LovelyLemon said:

Please tell me the flap is in the center of the Death Star. I want to fire a photon torpedo into the reactor core. :-D

oh wait no, I meant black lacy thong and nipple clamps.
Stupid auto-correct.
:dance:

LovelyLemon said:
Red7227 said:
LovelyLemon said:

Another cam girl who wears more to bed than she doess during her day job :)

AmberCutie said:

EXACTLY my thoughts Amber! That's too funny great minds think alike.

Preslye said:
AmberCutie said:

EXACTLY my thoughts Amber! That's too funny great minds think alike.

For the record, my fingers are not strong enough for me to carry glasses that way.

Are my glasses too heavy, or are my fingers just that weak? (this was true even when I used to play piano and my fingers got daily workouts... it was a very old grand so the keys were hard to press)

This happens to me all the time when I drive. It's about a 20-25 minute drive to get across town to where I paint, but often I'll get there and realize I have no recollection whatsoever of the drive. It's really scary to think that my mind goes on autopilot for something that I really should be paying attention to.

Status
Not open for further replies.