AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hairstyle experience!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyLuna

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 8, 2010
ladylunasplace.blogspot.com
Twitter Username
@EveMatteo
MFC Username
LadyLuna
Streamate Username
Lady_Luna
Clips4Sale URL
http://clips4sale.com/store/42697/LadyLuna
Ladies:

what all have you done with your hair? What sorts of styles have you worn in the past, and do you prefer to wear now, and why?

My hair has gone up and down, from short to long and back again. I think I look like a dork with anything shorter than my chin, and between my chin and my shoulders it's a bitch to try to keep out of my face, so I used to keep my hair within a couple inches of my shoulders.

At one point, money was tight, and I ended up having to keep long hair past the "OMG I can't stand it this long!" period, and actually got used to it. Knowing that my hair will go completely silver by the time I'm 40, and that there's a good chance I'll lose it all to chemotherapy shortly after, I decided to try to grow it out to my ass and then cut it down for a wig. Having found out that dying your hair changes it's color, and being absolutely in love with my currrent color, I refuse to dye it until either it goes silver or I at least have my wig.

I can do pony tail and pigtails, but I never really got good at braiding it. I find braiding rips out a lot of hair, and since right now I'm trying to grow it out, I prefer not to do anything quite so bad. I've also learned how to pony-tail, then wrap around for a make-shift bun. It stays like that for about... 15 minutes before dropping back into a pony tail.

Nothing stays in my hair! I put it in a pigtail, and about an hour later I have to retie it. I put bobby pins in to try to keep stuff in place, it lasts about three hours. I was once told I have very fine hair, and that's why, but that seems to be a lie, because my hair's actually kinda thick.

My hair gets in everything! Right out of college, me and my roommate at the time had a joke that it got in everything but the peanut butter. This is because we found it in everything, including unopened food boxes, except in the peanut butter (and since the food boxes were not very tightly closed and it was my color and length, we were pretty sure it was my hair, not a factory worker's).

This a fun idea for a thread. Ive done EVERYTHING to my hair.
Ive had, it auburn, gold blonde, dirty blonde, bright red, black, dark brown, light brown, turquoise and pink ( i liked this one it made my eyes look bright green), black and pink, purple annnnnd blue. Ive had it short, long, long , curly, straight.

Currently i have some dreads in the back that i put in a ponytail and i leave the front pieces to do what they wish. That sounds horrid in text but its kinda cute. My natural hair just kind of does that beachy wave thing. Im combing out my dreads this weekend and growing out my hair. I want to try pale blonde next because i think pale girls with pale blonde hair are really striking.

Oh gracious, what haven't I done to my hair. My hair and I have a complicated, love-hate relationship. I have never loved my hair, but I tolerate it because my parents (whole family to tell the truth) insist I would look awful bald.

I really should stop abusing it though because my natural hair color is *gasp* grey. Not just sorta grey, but almost white grey (my pubes are just salt and pepper still thank goodness!). My mother is 43 and still completely cherry brown, though the cherry tint has faded a lot the last 2 years. My dad is 44 and his facial hair is completely white but his hair is more like a limp sandy and chestnut color; his red has been gone for years.

Back to my hair; I've worn it: pixie cut, super long-below my ass long, bob cut, men's cut, bowl cut, rainbow colored, all over blonde, blonde with a teal stripe, all over green, all over brown, all over red, red with a teal stripe, all over black, half red-half blue, half brown-half teal, half red-half fuschia, brown with a skunk stripe, brown with the middle layer white and top half brown-bottom half yellow blonde. :) But I very rarely ever wear it up unless I'm exercising or cleaning.

Currently my hair is shoulder length with lots of layers and all over some shade of red. I was sad to get rid of the teal, but it was time for a change. I prefer my hair with this cut because it's hella easy to maintain and looks pretty good on me. My hair's gotta be low maintain style wise or I get pissy about it. If it takes longer than 10 minutes to 'do', then it's gotta go. So I prefer my hair medium length, always down and low maintenance. :)

Oops that turned into a tangent! Sorry!

I shaved my head when I was 15! Been everything in between from peroxide blonde to green! :-D Love under cuts, they make me horny, would like to grow it quite long now...until I chop it all off again! Rawr!

Jupiter551 said:
*waits for the shaved head guy to make an appearance* :D
If I wasn't afraid of my family murdering me, I'd shave my head in a heart beat. Unfortunately I like living. :/

Reactions: Leon_Omega
I read that people say that you have really fine hair, but you have a lot of hair. You can have both.

I share your feels though. My hair isn't even that long and I still have troubles managing it into an actual style that isn't a ponytail.

I'm no hair expert, but have you thought of using products like hair gel or anything?

When I was little, it used to take a lot of hairspray to get my hair to stay.

Now, I don't like putting chemicals in it, as it ends up in everything (including my food). If I have to accidentally eat my hair, I'd rather not have anything potentially toxic in it when I do so :p

I have a lot of hair, and it's actually thick strands... so I don't know where they were getting thin hair at all. :/ I would say rather that it's "fine", as in, it's silky, smooth, and slippery. The reason nothing will stay in is because there's nothing for it to grip. I don't really have problems with split ends, unless I comb it, instead of brush it. Come to think of it, the one way to get my hair to keep anything at all is to comb it, which I know puts invisible ruts for things to grip in my hair.

Did I mention that I love my hair?

I think all sorts of braids look good in women's hair, from the basic to the fancy, they kinda mix things up
oy867l.jpg
olga-kurylenko-braids.jpg

94ffc3b220e16653_spring_and_summer_2010_hair_trends_-_braids1.jpg

@Luna
Yes you can definitely have both fine and thick hair. Fine hair means the invididual hairs are skinny and kinda smooth. That's why it's hard for ponytail holders and stuff to stay in it.. and it's thick because you have lots of hairs.
I have naturally fine and thick hair too, or at least I did until I trashed my hair very badly going from almost black back to blonde. I do not recommend it, haha! But I know how it can be- when I was young my mom tried to french braid my hair and even went to a class to learn to do it! The teacher even said it was really hard with my and my sister's hair because it was so fine!
However.. you can use texturizing products to give it some texture and make it easier to hold. Also braiding your hair is actually more gentle on it than a ponytail (I guess depends how hard you are yanking the braids though!).

I've also had every kind of hair.. super short (almost bald) lesbian-ish hair (oh yeah, super sexy!!!) and long. Blonde to black.. now my hair is just a style I just like to call 'mess'.

LadyLuna said:
When I was little, it used to take a lot of hairspray to get my hair to stay.

Now, I don't like putting chemicals in it, as it ends up in everything (including my food). If I have to accidentally eat my hair, I'd rather not have anything potentially toxic in it when I do so :p

I have a lot of hair, and it's actually thick strands... so I don't know where they were getting thin hair at all. :/ I would say rather that it's "fine", as in, it's silky, smooth, and slippery. The reason nothing will stay in is because there's nothing for it to grip. I don't really have problems with split ends, unless I comb it, instead of brush it. Come to think of it, the one way to get my hair to keep anything at all is to comb it, which I know puts invisible ruts for things to grip in my hair.

Did I mention that I love my hair?

I have similar hair, once a hairdresser told me to spray sea water on it for grip.
I have had just about every colour and length, even razored bald, not good in winter.
I'm always trying to grow it, as I like that I can do more with it longer. But then I keep it constantly tied up because it drives me crazy, getting into my eyes and mouth YUK. So I end up looking like I have short hair anyway :roll:
I hate the arm ache that comes with styling hair.

i brought pictures :icon-lol:
right now i'm hating my short hair.. but i dyed it a little too much.. and everything broke..
i'm really weird when it comes to my hair.. i get all nervous when i wear my hair the same for a longer period of time.. not really sure why..
the worst thing i did was the pink.. it washed away in 2 days.. and was left with orangy/pinky/blonde eew.. haha

i have issues with anything staying in my hair... the only bands that work are the thick black ones that i pull really tight.. and hope it stays.. getting my hair done while wet seems to help...

Ambers Troll said:

Something to try sometime.

Oh my goodness! I adore Lindsey Stirling and have always admired her hairstyles! Thanks for this, I'm definitely going to try it ASAP and wear it like this on cam!

Yay! You've made me so happy with this video!

I have had one style as an adult: long as hell. When I was 12, my mom hadn't taken us to get our hair cut in so long that my bangs were down to my chin. I was tired of having bangs, because I have a very short forehead and just don't have room for them, so I told the stylist to just cut it all the same length. Best decision I've ever made. Haven't done much but trim it since, and now it's down to my butt crack. That seems to be as long as it's going to get.

The best style I've found is something that I've heard called a "half-up", not sure what else to call it. I part my hair horizontally starting right behind the ears, and put just the top half into a ponytail. This gets it out of my face while still leaving a lot down, which pleases the hair guys on cam.

People are always amazed at how healthy my hair is, which is amusing, because my mom's always on my ass to cut it, because I have a good deal of split ends. I'm trimming them away slowly, because I don't want to cut it drastically, so they're not as noticeable anymore. I've talked to other people I've run into with long hair, and they're equally amused with how people assume that keeping long hair healthy requires a lot of work and/or product. Quite the opposite. I wash it once a week in the summer, less frequently in the winter. I never use heat on it. I use a small dab of anti-frizz serum and a tiny amount of leave-in conditioner when it's damp. I don't do anything to it when it's wet - trying to brush or style my hair while it's wet just makes it messier and leads to breakage. I brush it every day, and it barely takes me two minutes. In order to brush it for long enough to make a clip to sell on C4S, I have to play around with it or re-brush it. It's that quick, even with my thick, coarse-ish hair.

I keep mine really long, so I can do lots of different things with it, and I look terrible with short hair. I know some have commented they love my long hair in the rooms, but I'm sure plenty like short hair too. You'll attract who ever! But it's fun curling mine one night for cam, and braiding it another. Pigtails are fun, buns, etc. Though I have been tempted to chop it...

I used to always have long hair. I'd braid it myself, then when it got past my jeans and I started to sit on it I learned how to french braid it as that would lift it up six more inches if I did it right.

When I became an adult I cut it short. I was tired of it getting caught in car doors and people telling me to donate it to "locks of love" (fuck Locks of love! they're in it for profit.)

Within a week I started camming and that kind-of made me wish my hair wasn't a pixie cut.. but eh, overall it felt nice to be free. I could scratch my scalp all I wanted when I washed it and it just felt wonderful to be able to run my fingers threw my hair. Before it was too long to manage; I'd comb it, braid it, unbraid it, wash it, repeat.

Then I got a mohawk. I always wanted one. It was awesome.

I dyed my hair purple and rocked it... but I was so happy with not having to do my braid every day for once that I only put my mohawk up a few times.

So I grew it out some, tried a perm with red hair for a little while just because I could. After all; it was short, I didn't care about damage.

Now I'm growing it out to my bra strap and I dyed it black to cover the bleached ends and hide some damage; my natural color is a dark brown that shines red in the sun. I like the black because it makes my skin appear more pale which I find lovely. It's a temporary dye so if I ever want to let my normal color come back out I can.

Sometimes I'll curl it with a robot, other times I'll straighten it slightly. I have tired to get curls with a straightener but I can't seem to get the straightener to slide smoothly enough for that...

Last month I bought my first hair brush. Before that I'd only ever used a comb.

Then I bought my first blow dryer.

I blow dried my hair with my head upside down the other day. It was beautiful as the hair stood up and folder over an inch and a half; I love it. This is how I'll do it for a while now. :)

Photos from oldest to newest:

18, short hair:
BO9eZZ3CIAAvynv.jpg

Let it grow some (these are my natural curls when my hair is completely unbleached/colored/treated):
Bvrsl5-CYAE0BRG.jpg

BvrtDMMCIAIPol4.jpg

cut it into a mohawk, dyed it purple (mohawk is down):
A3L_rKICQAAsyng.jpg

tried a curling iron, sucked at it, hated it:
A6qNtNFCIAAVle1.jpg

colored it red:
BIqlCh2CAAIgoeq.jpg

got a perm (perms fade the color you have):
BmSUhagCYAExQd8.jpg

dyed it a brighter red (curls are from the perm):
BGfYaEjCIAEIFH_.jpg:large

BLTE5wlCEAADVNf.jpg

Darkened it with a light black because the perm made my hair all frizzy and damaged:
BSNQhDyCUAA75RU.jpg

BSIa-NVCUAAPX6c.jpg

Went full black, attempting to curl with flat iron:
BkwN6W-CYAI610l.jpg

BkaJBGiCIAArmXi.png

How I look with a french braid:
BeiHmBzCEAE6_El.jpg

Curling my hair with a robot:
BmCc7xBCEAEHCnC.png

How my (at the time, damaged) hair would look like down and only combed:
Bio0j6ACEAIvV3e.png

Bought my first hair brush with barely any damage left:
BuKC9iDCQAAr12n.png

BvIPHVYCcAEJJU4.png

Learned to use a blow dryer upside down (these photos are from this week) The "poof" at the top is a little less than it shows in this photos as the part is all messed up right now because I'm enjoying my toys:
Bv8lfoDIQAAkKk_.png

And for the sake of the topic:
Bv8j_rsCEAAbZMb.png:large

Overall; as far as styling it goes, I lack a lot of experience on it. I wish I was better with a flat iron. I wish I knew which products to use to make my hair the way I want it to be... but I don't even know what I want other than for it to be black and curly. To be honest I might just go back to braiding it while it is wet in the morning and letting it down before getting on cam.

Wow AlexLady what a colourful hair story in pics there! I love the purple mohawk :)

I am very boring with my hair compared with some of you guys. I've had a default mid length non- do for most of my life.
I don't tend to wear it up much as it causes me headaches, this is less likely with plaits but I am rubbish at getting them to stay plaited.
I have abused my hair a bit with products too, my friends and I at school would have competitions to see who could get the highest quiff going. I think we thought we were doing our bit for rock and roll, when really we were just fucking up the ozone and looking ridiculous in the process :lol: .
For hair colour, it's true about your natural colour never coming back, I was a cool dirty- blonde in my day and now my hair falls on the colour chart between ash blonde and just ash. So the dye won in the end and I'll be using it for life now :crybaby:

I've always been super lazy when it comes to my hair. It's always been long and until I dyed it red the most I'd done to it was go a slightly darker brown :p
as far as styling I've picked up a few tips and tricks for bad hair days (and a bad hair day for me is when my hair doesn't look alright as I jump out of bed, because like I mentioned- lazy :p) pigtails like in my display pic are my go to for adding cute, followed by a ponytail.
when the ponytail gets to heavy and starts to hurt my head I switch to a loose french braid :) for some reason all the plaits and stuff come really easy for me, so I can fishtail, french, dutch, waterfall, lace braid etc and it sure as hell comes in handy! these days loose messy braids are really "in" whatever that means, but it's great because you just quickly plait and then tug at it until it looks like you've stepped off the runway!

LadyLuna said:
I can do pony tail and pigtails, but I never really got good at braiding it. I find braiding rips out a lot of hair, and since right now I'm trying to grow it out, I prefer not to do anything quite so bad. I've also learned how to pony-tail, then wrap around for a make-shift bun. It stays like that for about... 15 minutes before dropping back into a pony tail.
try getting some argan oil and running that through the lengths before braiding :) I swear I don't loose a single hair when I braid mine, and it's probably better for my hair because it keeps it out of the way and I don't have to brush it or anything throughout the day. as far as the elastics not staying in your hair play around with brands etc until you find the right texture! I've discovered loom bands (like for the bracelets kids make,) work amazingly in my hair and so I stocked right up :p

AlexLady said:
Molly_Rose said:
AlexLady said:
18, short hair:
BO9eZZ3CIAAvynv.jpg

OHemgee I love this haha I love Magic, I need to find a template like this, if you don't mind sharing where you did this?
Also, I love your longer, dark hair the best with the red lipstick I think :]

It's not a template; it's an edited card.

Aw it's fantastic! I have no idea how to do that haha

MissScarletxx said:
try getting some argan oil and running that through the lengths before braiding :) I swear I don't loose a single hair when I braid mine, and it's probably better for my hair because it keeps it out of the way and I don't have to brush it or anything throughout the day. as far as the elastics not staying in your hair play around with brands etc until you find the right texture! I've discovered loom bands (like for the bracelets kids make,) work amazingly in my hair and so I stocked right up :p

The oil is a great idea! And if you're worried about the hair winding up in food, a food-related oil like olive, almond, or coconut would probably make a good alternative. I'm going to try that!

Reactions: LadyLuna
And here's an experiment! I like to sleep with my hair in a French braid, because it keeps it from getting caught every where and shedding in random places - pulling your own hair because it's caught between your boobs or waking up with shed hairs in your buttcrack is no Bueno! So, here's my fresh-washed hair, after being brushed once it air-dried, and with a dab of almond oil worked through it before braiding it. The oil helped cut down on flyaways, which are terrible when my hair's clean, and helped it to braid more smoothly, with fewer hairs breaking - I only pulled out two stray strands as opposed to normally having a handful each time I add another section. It's very lightweight, doesn't feel greasy or like I'll need to wash my hair any sooner.

Attachments

• _20140830_063100.JPG
    _20140830_063100.JPG
    730.5 KB · Views: 138
Reactions: LadyLuna
I always had short hair when I was a kid, my mum really liked short hair on me, (but everyone thought I was a boy and I was always jealous of girls with braids and ponytails) so when I was 14 or so I decided it was my call and grew my hair out, ha! and dyed it black (goth years) so I've been sporting the long locks ever since, in pretty much every color imaginable. With bangs and without.

my only adult detour was this cut, which I still rather like.

RFiJhLk.jpg

but with modelling and camming having long hair gives you more versatility, which is good for the cash :) So for the past 5 years or so it's been whiteblond with the occasional crazy colour. this was my latest impulsive dye, which I sort of regret because now a year later there's still a blue hue :')

eywEUqJ.jpg

I have done everything I can to my hair and dyed it every color I could find. Currently I'm keeping it mostly shaved (like a fucked up Chelsea cut), but I think once winter hits I'll start growing it out so I can have bangs again. I go back and forth between wanting longer hair and being annoyed with how slowly mine grows and how thin it is. Thank goodness for wigs.

Wigs are so expensive and hard to maintain for me... the two I have are just in horrible shape. And I look horrible in them. But you know. ._. Its not how the hair looks... its that it is pink and or blonde.

Ladies that wear wigs with any regularity. Your magic is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.