AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Harry Potter Year 7, Part 1 (No spoilers in this thread,pls)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who follow Harry Potter, this is a good movie. From what I remember from reading the book when it came out three years ago, it seems pretty faithful to the book.

I want to write more about the movie, but if I did I would have to put a spoiler warning at the top of this post, and I don't want to do that. I just want these entries to be a quick reviews of what people thought of the movie.

Overall, I would give it an A-.

P.S. If you haven't followed Harry Potter before don't start with this movie, you will be completely lost.

Re: Harry Potter Year 7, Part 1 (No spoilers in this thread,

I'm planning on seeing it Monday, figured the theater would be way too crowded over the weekend.

haven't seen the last 3, dont plan on seeing the last two. Fucking worthless compared to the books, fuck the movies.

They're perfectly fine movies. Movies will never include all the exposition or details or character development you can get in books, but that's no reason to hate movies. It's like saying that paintings aren't as good as sculpture.

Its not the character development or the exposition I hate, its the massive chunks of story missing from the final product. When you watch the movies you're getting about 1/3rd of the actual story. Some character's who have been in every single book never once appear in the movies, others appear once maybe twice for 15 - 20 seconds and then you never see them ever again. The movies are a God awful representation of some fantastic books. I have nothing nice to say about the HP movies, the 4 that I actually watched (made it about halfway through 4 and turned it off) disappointed me terribly.

I was a bit stupid in that I chose to go today after 9PM when all the little kids and random teenagers were able to get in.. Soo, lots of talking, and I wanted to punch a guy who talked throughout the film, and clearly had no idea what was going on. Yeah, this movie should NOT be your first Harry Potter experience.. Also, I think it was more a movie for people who have read Deathly Hallows. If you haven't read the books, a warning: very fast-paced, and you had to take in a lot of information at once. For those of us who've read the book, that's easy as saying "Hey, remember this?"

Personally, I've read all the books repeatedly and watched all of the movies because I'm a dork, and I've been hooked on the story since I was about 9. I'm surprised that children came to see it, because it kept with the depressing tone of much of the final book. Plus all of the death and general misery that the characters seemed to be experiencing. o_o But it definitely kept to the book as much as they could, and the little changes they did make for time or what-have you were understandable.

Though I could never say it was better than the book. You miss out on being able to get into the character's mind more directly, and the cuts that have to be made and changes that have to be done to make it into a movie do take away from the story. But, to me I really felt they did well for what they worked with. I loved the move and just hope that they take as little as possible away from the next movie. I mean, if you split a book into two parts for the film version, you better have every scrap of story in there. D:<

Oh wait, quick review.
Pretty awesome, and kept to the theme of the book.

I'll be seeing this movie probably on Friday when a friend comes to visit in town. We're in our mid 20s and are going to spend it playing video games, renting toy story 3 and watching harry potter. So as you can tell I am fucking awesome.

I have not read any of the books, my limited knowledge of the harry potter world is based solely on the movies BUT I have to say this is definitely one of the most entertaining series of movies that I have been a part of. I'd have said Rocky, but then they came out with Rocky V damn it, if only they'd end it with Rocky IV and fighting dolph lundgren. But I digress.

Never read the books. Movies I've seen are ok. This one was slow and poorly done. Splitting a book like this was bad and they should feel bad. Harry Potter does fuck nothing but run like a bitch. If I want to see running I'll watch Doctor Who, because he runs like a boss and gets shit done. This movie was basically "We have to do something, but who knows what and someone is out to get us, so run like a bitch. I would have preferred a little artistic license and have Harry run and gun with his wand, taking out some bitches and adding to the action.

<---------------- HATES HARRY POTTER

:handgestures-thumbdown:

Fucking loved it. I thought it was the best movie so far, my previous favorite was Order of the Phoenix. I have read all the books at least twice. I thought that DH1 did as good of a job as possible following the book. The stuff they left out would have been very hard to film. They did a great job working in the story of the three brothers which is essential to the next movie. Acting was great with Grint and Watson shining. I think they out did Radcliff.

PS: I saw the movie with a friend who has not read the books and has only seen the films. She did not like the Half Blood Prince movie but said she loved this one. I thought this movie would be very hard to enjoy without having read the books but what do I know.

Deathly-Hallows-Symbol.jpg

jebbaz said:
Its not the character development or the exposition I hate, its the massive chunks of story missing from the final product. When you watch the movies you're getting about 1/3rd of the actual story. Some character's who have been in every single book never once appear in the movies, others appear once maybe twice for 15 - 20 seconds and then you never see them ever again. The movies are a God awful representation of some fantastic books. I have nothing nice to say about the HP movies, the 4 that I actually watched (made it about halfway through 4 and turned it off) disappointed me terribly.
Purist attitudes like that will lead to disappointment. There's no way that they could possibly fit everything from the books into the movies. Especially not by the 3rd, where there's a distinct jump in length. You HAVE to go into movies based off of ANY book realizing that they WILL leave some stuff out, and some things WILL change, and hope that the movie is a good representation and interpretation of the book.

And really, I wouldn't like it as much if they did try to fit everything in... There's a lot of things that, while they are good details, would just be uninteresting, or impractical to properly incorporate into the movies.

As it is, this one was FANTASTIC. Of all the movies, it stayed most true to the book. And was really all around good.

It's the best Harry Potter movie to date. I never read any of the books, so I don't know how it's all going to turn out. Can't wait for the last movie to come out this summer. :-D

Also, let's get this out of the way:

Dear Everyone Who Has Not Read the Books,

Read them, they surpass the movies and are full of win and awesome.

Love,
Harry Potter nerds :h:

SweetDivalia said:

Love,

But why read Harry Potter when I can just watch the movies and then move on to read other great fiction? I have lots of great books but I never push them on people like I'm the pope trying to get you to read the bible (also, this is a good reason to hate a lot of Harry Potter fans).

I went to see it on the opening night of the film, it was pretty damn epic in comparison to the other films. I kept expecting something moderately happy to happen but it was terribly serious throughout, as was Mr.Potters giant eyebrow situation....O_O

Not gonna lie though, although it was very serious and actually scared me at some points (giant snake WTF) I really enjoyed the film and am incredibly excited for the last one to be released!

Side note: THE ACTRESS THAT PLAYED HERMOINE CUT HER HAIR OFF! It made me sad inside.....

CandiedLace said:
Side note: THE ACTRESS THAT PLAYED HERMOINE CUT HER HAIR OFF! It made me sad inside.....
At least it looks good on her (Reference)

NinjaMike42 said:
CandiedLace said:
At least it looks good on her (Reference)

In what world? It looks horrible.

Keithy said:
SweetDivalia said:

Love,

But why read Harry Potter when I can just watch the movies and then move on to read other great fiction? I have lots of great books but I never push them on people like I'm the pope trying to get you to read the bible (also, this is a good reason to hate a lot of Harry Potter fans).
Personally, I won't push either. It's just a request. :)
I honestly believe that if you enjoy the movies, you will enjoy the books even more. I've never condemned or harassed someone for not reading the books. :p Also, one good reason is how many people I've heard chat about how confused they are in the MIDDLE of the movie. That's another case where I have to say that it's best to read the books before watching the movies. :3 Cheers to you if that's not your situation.

Pretty odd to hate someone for just making a non-offensive comment. ;P

SweetDivalia said:
Keithy said:
SweetDivalia said:

Love,

Personally, I won't push either. It's just a request. :)
I honestly believe that if you enjoy the movies, you will enjoy the books even more. I've never condemned or harassed someone for not reading the books. :p Also, one good reason is how many people I've heard chat about how confused they are in the MIDDLE of the movie. That's another case where I have to say that it's best to read the books before watching the movies. :3 Cheers to you if that's not your situation.

Pretty odd to hate someone for just making a non-offensive comment. ;P

I used to RP with a girl that would tell us how we HAD to read the Harry Potter books all the time, every weak, non stop. I have met other fans that were similar. It's worse than a cult.

Did not mean to make myself come off as that kind of person. o_o
No, I'm a huge fan of the movies, books, etc (even the jellybeans. xD Always fun to give someone an earwax flavored bean) but I'm not a crazed fangirl by any means. :/

NinjaMike42 said:
jebbaz said:
Purist attitudes like that will lead to disappointment. There's no way that they could possibly fit everything from the books into the movies. Especially not by the 3rd, where there's a distinct jump in length. You HAVE to go into movies based off of ANY book realizing that they WILL leave some stuff out, and some things WILL change, and hope that the movie is a good representation and interpretation of the book.

And really, I wouldn't like it as much if they did try to fit everything in... There's a lot of things that, while they are good details, would just be uninteresting, or impractical to properly incorporate into the movies.

As it is, this one was FANTASTIC. Of all the movies, it stayed most true to the book. And was really all around good.
I don't mind so much when chunks of the story or sideplots are left out of movies, as I understand they have limitations they need to work within. What pisses me off (and jebbaz, I assume) is completely unnecessary changes. Why make up your own shit when the lines in the book work better, and will take just as long to say? Not Harry Potter, but an example is in Fellowship of the Ring, when the midgets enter Bree: the camera moves up and over the gate to follow them. It would have been really damn easy to have a cloaked figure climb over the gate and follow them, like in the book... but nope.
The first two HP movies were great enough (Richard Harris FTW) that I could overlook anything left out and still love them. The third one is OK. The fourth and fifth piss me off. Half-Blood Prince I watched a couple years after the last time I read the book, so I couldn't remember enough to be mad at anything.
This movie did a pretty good job of following the book (from what I can remember), and keep in mind they turned the first half of the book into a 150min movie.

rule 34

also, $10 says you won't be able to take your eyes of Ron's penis for at least 30 seconds.

Attachments

• 255923 - Furronika Harry_James_Potter Harry_Potter Hermione_Granger Pigwidgeon Ron_Weasley.jpg
    255923 - Furronika Harry_James_Potter Harry_Potter Hermione_Granger Pigwidgeon Ron_Weasley.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 150

Gimme my $10. And of all the HP rule 34 to post... geez.

LtLemonhead said:
Gimme my $10. And of all the HP rule 34 to post... geez.

What'd you expect? Bawksy loves cock.

It's always the nervous, unsuspecting character with the huge dick. o_o

i saw it a lil bit ago and i loved it .. of course its not as good as the book but wow i was really stunned because its a two parter they got way more of the book in. it made me smile so much. i wish more people would read the books but eh.

Status
Not open for further replies.