AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Has your "type" changed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zippypinhead

V.I.P. AmberLander
Jan 21, 2013
A question struck me as I was slipping into unconsciousness last night:

"Does camming influence what the models find attractive in a man?"

It's a social job, after all, and in my experience, tastes are given to change based upon who you spend a lot of time around.

Um I definetely have found myself attracted to older men nowadays...and intelligence and respect.

The young/hot/horny/6 pack guys that used to be my type are usually basics and guests in my room so I have kind of applied it to real life as them being cheap immature bastards :)

Not saying im a gold digger... but you can't help but associate. I have just gotten to know men versus "boys" my age and I really am more attracted to men now.

zippypinhead said:
A question struck me as I was slipping into unconsciousness last night:

"Does camming influence what the models find attractive in a man?"

It's a social job, after all, and in my experience, tastes are given to change based upon who you spend a lot of time around.
Camming hasn't had much to do with how I think of it, really.

And I'll tell you why:

I don't see members on cam sites as potential romantic or sexual partners.

So while I interact with lots of lovely men of all different types, I never really think, "wow, I've always liked type A of fellows but this guy is just so radical, maybe I'll end up liking type B as well!" because it's never crossed my mind that type B guy might be someone I would ever end up being with.

Don't get me wrong, it certainly has increased my social awareness, how I think about different types of people, et cetera. Interacting with camsite members just doesn't make me question the type of man I'm attracted to because it doesn't touch that realm of my life. You guys have all been friendzoned, I'm afraid.

I don't think it's the the "type" that has changed as much as my available time to date has decreased.

I still value the same qualities in men as I did before but I find dating an inconvenience. I don't see it as much from the perspective of fear of being "undesirable' because of my job. I love my job and the dude that gets to date me must accept it too(lots of dudes are ok with it btw). My issue is that I don't put up with as much bs as before. I don't think I have turned into a cranky bitch either but I value my time more now and I don't waste it with dates I know I have no interest in to begin with.

Edit after reading the responses I was always attracted to older more mature men and that hasn't changed. I don't want anyone to take care of me financially but I want someone that doesn't still think playing mind games and fucking every woman with a vagina is "cool". Not all older men are more mature but generally speaking they had more time to make mistakes and hopefully learn.

I now only date guys who speak their demands in single-word sentences (example: "ASS") while throwing 3 or 4 nickels at me.

Nope my taste hasn't changed one bit in 9 years of camming, I'm still attracted by the same kind of men (older, intelligent and pervy :oops: ).

I do find that the audience has changed though - if when I started camming the average age of members was 30+ and most would be paying members and trolls were practically nonexistent, nowadays camming is a popular thing on the internet and the member's age has become irrelevant, plus the invasion of trolls that came with the popularity. What I'm trying to say is that I understand the girls that changed their taste in men because of camming, we see them act them out everyday. The young stud with six packs that most girls would drool over, might not be their choice any longer after they are confronted with their immature behavior.

Camming hasn't changed my sexual preferences or who I prefer to become romantically or sexually involved with, but it has definitely lowered my tolerance for ignorance.

Used to I had a fair amount of patience for people who were uneducated/uninformed/etc and chose to stay that way. Now I have no patience at all for people who know they're being stupid or ignorant and choose not to change even though they have the means to... :woops:

JordanBlack said:
What I'm trying to say is that I understand the girls that changed their taste in men because of camming, we see them act them out everyday. The young stud with six packs that most girls would drool over, might not be their choice any longer after they are confronted with their immature behavior.

I feel young and in shape guys get a bum rap sometimes. They can be just as polite, respectful and generous as older dudes. They don't all go around trying to wack off for models or get some sort of special treatment. I can be talking with a model and things be fine and then she finds out I'm around her age and she'll immediately hate me it seems. Like, she'll be happy/enjoying herself, then ask me my age, and immediately become a different person. Never happens with women 18-21 or 30+. Always seems to be women in their 20's. I don't get it. Just saying being young and in shape doesn't automatically make a guy a douchebag.

PunkInDrublic said:
JordanBlack said:
What I'm trying to say is that I understand the girls that changed their taste in men because of camming, we see them act them out everyday. The young stud with six packs that most girls would drool over, might not be their choice any longer after they are confronted with their immature behavior.

I feel young and in shape guys get a bum rap sometimes. They can be just as polite, respectful and generous as older dudes. They don't all go around trying to wack off for models or get some sort of special treatment. I can be talking with a model and things be fine and then she finds out I'm around her age and she'll immediately hate me it seems. Like, she'll be happy/enjoying herself, then ask me my age, and immediately become a different person. Never happens with women 18-21 or 30+. Always seems to be women in their 20's. I don't get it. Just saying being young and in shape doesn't automatically make a guy a douchebag.

:woops: Ermm, sorry I didn't mean to generalize it so, it was a poor comparison, as bad as saying all sex-workers are train wrecks type of stereotype. I was really referring to those guys that constantly pm us with "watch my cam bb, I'm young, trimmed...and wait oh you wait until you see my 12 inch cock" and any hint of refusal from the camgirl's part would be met with "yo ho, missing out bb" and other insults.

I've met a lot of guys on mfc, my age or even younger that know how to behave and not resort to that kind of approach I mentioned above.

It has not changed my tastes at all. I don't watch member cams and while Ive made some nice friends with my regulars I dont look at guy on MFC in a romantic or sexual way.

I feel like now I have better creep-dar, am better at conversation and I have better standards. I don't want to settle for someone who doesn't make me feel valued.

JordanBlack said:
:woops: Ermm, sorry I didn't mean to generalize it so, it was a poor comparison, as bad as saying all sex-workers are train wrecks type of stereotype. I was really referring to those guys that constantly pm us with "watch my cam bb, I'm young, trimmed...and wait oh you wait until you see my 12 inch cock" and any hint of refusal from the camgirl's part would be met with "yo ho, missing out bb" and other insults.

I've met a lot of guys on mfc, my age or even younger that know how to behave and not resort to that kind of approach I mentioned above.

I get that a many young guys are douchebags but it sucks when some models get weird even after you've proven not to be a douchebag. I highly doubt you do this and wasn't offended by your post, was kinda just wondering why some models hate younger guys no matter what it seems.

Status
Not open for further replies.