AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Hello , I just noticed on chaturbate that some users have a star ⭐️ in front of the username , do you know what that star means? Thank you!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it means they follow you, its a new feature they added
I thought that too , that they might be my followers but today the users I know them for long time ago , they didn’t have the star ⭐️ before the username … and I don’t believe that they are not my followers… I noticed that some of them after tipped me the got the star in front of the username …

I thought that too , that they might be my followers but today the users I know them for long time ago , they didn’t have the star ⭐️ before the username … and I don’t believe that they are not my followers… I noticed that some of them after tipped me the got the star in front of the username …

When I tested it on the day it came out I would follow the model leave the room, come back and it would show the star next to my name to the model then when I unfollow the model and did the same it did not have the star next to my name.

Looking at it today yes there appears to be an issue with the star indicators (assuming they didnt change its meaning)

When I tested it on the day it came out I would follow the model leave the room, come back and it would show the star next to my name to the model then when I unfollow the model and did the same it did not have the star next to my name.

Looking at it today yes there appears to be an issue with the star indicators (assuming they didnt change its meaning)
Thank you ! I hope tomorrow I will see many stars again hahah

Reactions: anabeauty37
Stripchat also has this for models.
From my end as a user, I really don't like it.

I like to keep my favourites/follower list to a bare minimum, of under 10 models.
On CB I only have about 7, and 2 of those are the same model's account who has not been broadcast for 1 year (she quit, but she is not one I want to forget because she was amazing), so I technically only follow 5 active models. On Stripchat I follow 9.

With it showing the model I don't follow them, it makes things awkward, especially for models I do enjoy but don't quite want to "commit" to follow, but if I see them online, I enjoy going to them etc. But I can't really explain it to a model for "Why don't you have me added to your favourite/follower list?", it comes across as rude and they (and probably anyone else) won't understand it.

Edit:
At least on SC there is a way around it by me buying Ultimate User so I can be invisible - I know it shows the star in the user list, but hopefully not in our chat conversations too @Charlie_SC otherwise I am screwed haha

I feel like I am going to have some models start arguments and problems with me now over the next days ... Wish me luck!! haha

Last edited:
Stripchat also has this for models.
From my end as a user, I really don't like it.

I like to keep my favourites/follower list to a bare minimum, of under 10 models.
On CB I only have about 7, and 2 of those are the same model's account who has not been broadcast for 1 year (she quit, but she is not one I want to forget because she was amazing), so I technically only follow 5 active models. On Stripchat I follow 9.

With it showing the model I don't follow them, it makes things awkward, especially for models I do enjoy but don't quite want to "commit" to follow, but if I see them online, I enjoy going to them etc. But I can't really explain it to a model for "Why don't you have me added to your favourite/follower list?", it comes across as rude and they (and probably anyone else) won't understand it.

Edit:
At least on SC there is a way around it by me buying Ultimate User so I can be invisible - I know it shows the star in the user list, but hopefully not in our chat conversations too @Charlie_SC otherwise I am screwed haha

I feel like I am going to have some models start arguments and problems with me now over the next days ... Wish me luck!! haha
It's absolutely up to you if you follow or not, although I'm not sure why you wouldn't follow a model that you visit, even infrequently, you can see right away whenever they're online.
It may also play some part in the dark art of algorithm calculations for page position?
In the past I have saved a room via a browser bookmark rather than following, but only when still on the fence about becoming a regular - and that is more about not wanting to 'unfollow' someone; symbolic I know, but there it is.

Haven't seen this star system appear yet, but just got this notification via the CB Twit feed.
The wording *may* mean that the stars are only visible to broadcasters, anyone know if they can be seen by all users in the room?
Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 14-48-41 Chaturbate Updates on Twitter.png

Room I frequent the broadcaster told everyone to unfollow her just so she does not have to see the stars. She finds the stars to be creepy and distracting. 🤣
😂 i don't blame her! the first time i saw it during my show, i thought one of my bots got a major update. it definitely is distracting because now there's a constant indicator if someone is following me or not. although it does help when i notice someone is being super pushy/demanding and they don't even follow me 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.