AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HELP ME! My room is so dry. #NewCamGirl

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2015
52.376552, 5.198303
MFC Username
ZoeDoll187
Streamate Username
zoesavage
Chaturbate Username
ZoeSavage69
Like my room is literally nobody in it. I get nothing but low ballers. Oh yeah...im on MFC btw. I just did a profile on chaturbate. I tried streammate...that was beyond dry, it was a desert. I need advice on how to get ppl into my room & how to get ppl to tip & not just stare at me because im cute.

Always write something in your topic just look at what the other girls are putting and get ideas from there. How long have you been camming? Try and stick to a schedule and out in as many hours as you can a day. Just be regular and consistency is the key. I'm starting back up and I've noticed the more I get on the more ppl talk to me

so i where in your room for a couple of min, and the first thing i noticede where that your topic did not change, even though it said you where playing hangman and the title where ""Hangman [Tip to ascend levels from 1 to 45. Tip for next level: 1]" im not sure if you know it, but on CB there is apps for that and stuff :)
also using hashtag's can help people find your room, since you dont got a lot of people in the room, and there for are on page 5-7 where not many people choice to look for models.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Honey Moon
Hi! Sorry you're struggling!
I also peeked in on your chaturbate room. You have a gorgeous smile!
I've never cammed on chaturbate so I wont attempt to give specific advice for that, but I will mention the audio quality and playing music on your phone was not great.

The only other suggestion I can make is to try to find ways to make yourself bright/attentive/welcoming and *not* bored when its slow. I get that's REALLY hard, but there was a HUGE transformation in your face when you smiled. I saw you looking blank/bored for a bit, with only 4 people in there, then when someone said something to you you smiled so big and your whole face transformed. Oh and I saw you get a tip, don't forget to say thank you!

There's some great threads on this forum - if you run a search including a 'troubleshooting' guide.

I wish I knew the winning formula, I can get viewers on Chaturbate, just not ones that tip! I have no idea how to be chatty when no one is talking after 30 minutes I run out fo things to say to myself. And about the status thing....when you have an app running you can't change your status...so if it's ohmibod or whatever you are stuck with what the app says....if there is a way to change this I don't know and chaturbate support don't ever respond.

Walk away.
Yes... I am harsh tonight... but seeing all these people struggling breaks my heart. When I struggle I don't open posts, I don't ask for basic advice that is already freely on the internet, I do my bloody reading and take it from there. Camming is entertainment. And a very hard decision. If you can't make it work... walk. Away.

I've never used CB before so like Lolli said, can't try to give you specific advice there. I also haven't seen you on cam either, but I will say that giving up, especially as a NEW model, will get you nowhere! Stay positive, upbeat, and just log on even if you are feeling down about it. Get verified as a model on here so you can access the Model's Only section, which has a Chaturbate sub-section that will probably be useful to you, as well as tons of general camming advice that has helped me immensely. Best of luck!

this may sound kind of silly, but when I had this issue when I started (hell, I still have this issue from time to time) the best advice I got from other models was to just keep talking! ask folks in your room what they did that day, what they're doing for an upcoming holiday, chat about something funny that happened in your day, tell bad jokes, whatever! at some point someone will start to chime in. and for me, I've noticed that getting your room talking is super key to getting tips to come in! best of luck to you :)

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Walk away.
Yes... I am harsh tonight... but seeing all these people struggling breaks my heart. When I struggle I don't open posts, I don't ask for basic advice that is already freely on the internet, I do my bloody reading and take it from there. Camming is entertainment. And a very hard decision. If you can't make it work... walk. Away.

Anne, I fully agree that sometimes a dose of harsh reality is needed but I think your post might be overkill. I think its important to remember that not everyone may know that there is basic advice available.

Sometimes people just need an encouraging word, or some pointers in the right direction. This girl has made only one post, and assuming you havent had any prior interaction where she's been unable to make basic camming advice work or learn to research it on her own, this post seems unduly harsh.

There's a girl I talked to once who was having a day like this. She was about to quit camming. She doesnt use forums, had no real idea how to. Basic advice given to camgirls didnt really work for her. She and I sat down and I did a tarot reading for her, and we had a heart to heart, and tbh I DIDN'T KNOW if she had what it would take to make it work. There were a lot of things stacked against her as a camgirl, and she'd been struggling for a long long while and didn't seem to be learning or changing very much. But i gave her some resources, a hug and was able to help her re-ignite her faith in herself and her ability to make the recognize and make the changes she needed to.

a few years later she just finished top 20 on mfc. She surpassed what I had even imagined was possible for her.

Not everyone is cut out to be a camgirl, and its important that we are all able to distance ourselves when things are going badly and assess if walking away is the best option. but many camgirls are capable of learning the skills needed to make it work and I think it would be doing Zoe a disservice to tell her to walk away, rather than tell her that there are areas she could improve on and where she can go to learn about them.

Anne, I fully agree that sometimes a dose of harsh reality is needed but I think your post might be overkill. I think its important to remember that not everyone may know that there is basic advice available.

Sometimes people just need an encouraging word, or some pointers in the right direction. This girl has made only one post, and assuming you havent had any prior interaction where she's been unable to make basic camming advice work or learn to research it on her own, this post seems unduly harsh.

There's a girl I talked to once who was having a day like this. She was about to quit camming. She doesnt use forums, had no real idea how to. Basic advice given to camgirls didnt really work for her. She and I sat down and I did a tarot reading for her, and we had a heart to heart, and tbh I DIDN'T KNOW if she had what it would take to make it work. There were a lot of things stacked against her as a camgirl, and she'd been struggling for a long long while and didn't seem to be learning or changing very much. But i gave her some resources, a hug and was able to help her re-ignite her faith in herself and her ability to make the recognize and make the changes she needed to.

a few years later she just finished top 20 on mfc. She surpassed what I had even imagined was possible for her.

Not everyone is cut out to be a camgirl, and its important that we are all able to distance ourselves when things are going badly and assess if walking away is the best option. but many camgirls are capable of learning the skills needed to make it work and I think it would be doing Zoe a disservice to tell her to walk away, rather than tell her that there are areas she could improve on and where she can go to learn about them.

I agree and I do apologize. I was too harsh to her and I do feel a touch bad about it. It just breaks my heart, as I said, to see people struggling like this and them not realising there is a way out. Which is pretty much... walking away. It's either walking walking away or keeping at it until magic happens. It took me the better part of a year to find some sort of success in the industry.

But that was just me throwing my own frustrations into a poor girl who needed advice and instead of it she got harshness out of me.And I am truly sorry about it. Thank you for calling me out on it. I needed that. :)

The best thing I did was always smile, always talk. I would put tidbits in my topic to entice and let them ask me. Most important I never try to be anything that I am not. which meams Im sassy, goofy, and not always 100% on point with clothes and make up. I know my ass is tiny and my tummy is soft and i embrace my flaws with my strengths like my tits, eyes, and smile. Even on slow days I just smile and talk. If i need, I take a break for 20 min. keep a schedule and have fun. it has good daus and bad, recognize both. It ,ay rake time but you will get regulars, use the, to keep convos flowing and talk coming I was surprised when people would stop bc the convo was real and they couldnt leave bc the tits and real talk made them feel like i was approachable

Reactions: Honey Moon and Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.