AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dear_heart

Inactive Cam Model
Oct 9, 2014
Texas
Twitter Username
@dearmissdahlia
MFC Username
Miss_DahliaD
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000768628/dearmissdahlia/
I'm very new to MFC. I've done about...4 shows. It seems like I start the night out with an idea in mind, but I'll go 2 hours + without a single tip OR anyone talking in my room. How do I encourage tippers? I've also been told by several members that I'm "setting my prices too high." What is and is not too high? Especially for a new model. I really am interested in doing this for a while. I like it and its actually done wonders for my self esteem as far as the physical aspects go. I'm just lost and I need a mentor or SOMETHING. Please, help!

1. Look at your cam score, and then match it with the other models who have the same cam score as you. Check there prices. And then match them with yours. I'm not sure how much your charging or what your cam score is. But if it's around 1k cam score. Most the models typically make 1500-2000 tks a day. If your charging this amount, and the guys say its to high. Then just ignore them. There freeloaders anyways.

2. Watch top models and see what they are doing, and try to correlate that in your room. Be very talkative and creative.

3. Sign up as a model here and there is a ton of info that will help you in that section.

Your welcome!

mK7mIw7.gif

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... =24&t=1696 > check this out for model status! :D

KudosKids said:
1. Look at your cam score, and then match it with the other models who have the same cam score as you. Check there prices. And then match them with yours. I'm not sure how much your charging or what your cam score is. But if it's around 1k cam score. Most the models typically make 1500-2000 tks a day. If your charging this amount, and the guys say its to high. Then just ignore them. There freeloaders anyways.

2. Watch top models and see what they are doing, and try to correlate that in your room. Be very talkative and creative.

3. Sign up as a model here and there is a ton of info that will help you in that section.

Your welcome!
Only do that one. Then read the links Amber will send you once you're a verified model here. Ignore the first two. :lol: You don't want to just replicate what top models are doing. Different things work for different girls. It's hard to find your style, but once you find it, you will be amazed!! :D

And DO NOT price yourself according to other girls. Price yourself according to what you value yourself at!!!

Here is the link to get verified as a model on this forum!

Welcome and trust us, we can help!!!

Edit to say: That is actually some of the worst advice ever. You never EVER want to get into the habit of comparing yourself to other girls. It's harmful and counter-productive.

KudosKids said:

Your welcome!
I just wanted to politely point out some things I don't fully agree with on this post.

1. Pricing is difficult. It's difficult because there are two factors. One is what will make you the most money, the other is what will make you the most comfortable.
For example, some models with a 12,000 camscore price their custom videos at 100 tokens per min. So if I based my prices off of my own camscore (which was usually 4,000-8,000) I'd charge a lot less than they do. But custom videos stress me the fuck out. So I like to make it an exclusive thing for the highest tip. The last custom video I sold for over 25,000tokens. If I did custom videos for less all of the time, I would probably have made more money than that all together. But I would have done a lot more work and would have not enjoyed it as much. So yes, on one hand you want to have reasonable prices. On the other hand, you want to keep your sanity. I've heard guys complain about models charging too much for 20tokens a minute on skype. There is always going to be men who complain to try and lower your prices.

2. Watching top models isn't a terrible idea. However, you have to realize they are already established. Many top models just sit there and talk while making thousands of tokens. So some girls might get the idea that's the key to success and are puzzled when it doesn't work for them. Those same top models might have started playing games everyday, constantly dancing, interacting, doing creative shows, and AFTER they built a regular fanbase, they were able to relax a little bit more and didn't have to do as much to get attention/tokens.

3. Yes. Do this.

PlayboyMegan said:
KudosKids said:

Your welcome!
I just wanted to politely point out some things I don't fully agree with on this post.

1. Pricing is difficult. It's difficult because there are two factors. One is what will make you the most money, the other is what will make you the most comfortable.
For example, some models with a 12,000 camscore price their custom videos at 100 tokens per min. So if I based my prices off of my own camscore (which was usually 4,000-8,000) I'd charge a lot less than they do. But custom videos stress me the fuck out. So I like to make it an exclusive thing for the highest tip. The last custom video I sold for over 25,000tokens. If I did custom videos for less all of the time, I would probably have made more money than that all together. But I would have done a lot more work and would have not enjoyed it as much. So yes, on one hand you want to have reasonable prices. On the other hand, you want to keep your sanity. I've heard guys complain about models charging too much for 20tokens a minute on skype. There is always going to be men who complain to try and lower your prices.

2. Watching top models isn't a terrible idea. However, you have to realize they are already established. Many top models just sit there and talk while making thousands of tokens. So some girls might get the idea that's the key to success and are puzzled when it doesn't work for them. Those same top models might have started playing games everyday, constantly dancing, interacting, doing creative shows, and AFTER they built a regular fanbase, they were able to relax a little bit more and didn't have to do as much to get attention/tokens.

3. Yes. Do this.

I will weigh in as well and agree with both Megan and Jilly. Pricing is something that should be dependent on how comfortable you are. And watching top models, doesn't necessarily apply to me, as I'm a BBW, and a lot of top 100 models aren't. It's all about what you market yourself as and how well received it is.
My joke about MFC is we're like Baskin Robins. There's 31 different flavors of girl, and all of them are delicious, but not everyone's favorite. Find what flavor you are, and what you enjoy.

The best advice I can give you, at least, it has worked for me, (mileage may vary), is set little countdowns. For other girls, having large ones work. But I know how my room is, I know that they prefer to hit a ton of little goals, instead of only four big goals. So I have little silly ones, and also ones to remove clothes, lotion, etc.

Good luck to you sweetie, and please don't listen to Kudos. Welcome to the forum and can't wait to see you on cam! :h:

The Models Only section and the Search Function are probably gonna be your best help here.

Two things to keep in mind though...

1) Whether or not your prices actually are too high, there will always, always be members encouraging you to lower them.

2) If you're staying online for 2 hours without being tipped, that must be tanking your camscore, which you'll want to keep as high as you can (camscore determines placement on the homepage, the higher it is the more visible you are, the more visible you are the greater your room count is likely to be, the greater your room count is the more members you have to convert into tippers). If you haven't done so already, work out the amounts you need to make to maintain/gradually increase your camscore, and if you find yourself drastically short of that goal after an hour, log off and try again later.

Thank you all SO much for your input. I am still confused on a few aspects, but I'm working on it. My cam score has dropped dramatically over the past two days and I've been brainstorming on how to fix that. I wont let it discourage me and I'm going to keep on trying. I just hope it doesn't drop me into oblivion. lol

I'm sorry..... I was just telling her what I've noticed most models advice is. Because we all know how much it annoys everybody when a new model posts" help" posts without searching around the forum first.

KudosKids said:
I'm sorry..... I was just telling her what I've noticed most models advice is. Because we all know how much it annoys everybody when a new model posts" help" posts without searching around the forum first.
You know, I hate to pile on you...but even though this is in public, it is "Ask a Model". Personally, I would not be the first one posting an answer here. As much as I think I know about camming, it's probably like 0.10% of what an active cam model knows. It doesn't mean I don't know anything about it, it's just that the gals in pink know a hell of a lot more than I do. ;)

But hey, do what you feel is right for you :handgestures-salute:

schlmoe said:
KudosKids said:
You know, I hate to pile on you...but even though this is in public, it is "Ask a Model". Personally, I would not be the first one posting an answer here. As much as I think I know about camming, it's probably like 0.10% of what an active cam model knows. It doesn't mean I don't know anything about it, it's just that the gals in pink know a hell of a lot more than I do. ;)

But hey, do what you feel is right for you :handgestures-salute:
I mean, Kudos' heart was in the right place.

Yes, a ton of new girls post these help threads. But instead of being annoyed by them, I usually see models politely welcome them to join us in our private little happy place where we talk about periods and camscores. (Am I allowed to share that I totally post about my period woes in the model's only section?) :lol: I don't really know that any models spend a lot of energy being annoyed by these threads. :p And I also know we're always happy to see more models joining and it's strange that in this place, we're always hoping each and every one of us is successful. So no, I don't think these threads are annoying. Girls will learn to search before asking questions, but for now, I think there's always someone to take a minute to answer a question and post a link to the model verification info.

Status
Not open for further replies.