AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

horrible night on cb (another newbie)

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 19, 2016
Twitter Username
@kittyrosebbw
MFC Username
kittyrose____
Streamate Username
kittyrose_
Chaturbate Username
kittyrose____
hi all!

i don't know what i'm doing wrong.

i have good lighting. i talk in my chat. i have twitter. i set a game as the room topic.

i was on for two hours tonight, most of the time i had between 15-25 people in my room, 90% of whom were grays or guests. when i would get members with tokens in my room i would try to engage them, remind everyone of my goal and game, and still they would just sit there and not tip.

i couldn't keep them in my room either. i tried teasing with my body and PMing some members with tokens to chat and still they would leave or sit there and not chat and not tip.

i am a bbw and pretty large. it says this in my room title and in my bio. i can't help but think that this is why guys won't pay to see me (but of course they'll watch me and jerk off anyway).

i feel like i see these threads every day and everyone gets the same advice, and i am doing all of that already. any more ideas on what i can do to get people to actually pay me?

When I first started on CB I logged on for about 2 weeks with no real goals. I gave people options they could tip for, but I didn't do shows. It was like a 'get to know me' period while I was deciding if I wanted to work there or not. Maybe CB isn't right for you, perhaps try other sites? Have you thought about making videos? No just nudey, vanilla stuff but fetish stuff too? There are so many options, get yourself verified for models only access and you'll find advice on everything.

I'm not convinced CB even HAS any traffic. My experience was similar to yours except there were less people and all of them kept spamming over and over <--- click my cam, whatever the fuck that means! I logged off bewildered and haven't bothered trying again.Strange site.

I'm not convinced CB even HAS any traffic. My experience was similar to yours except there were less people and all of them kept spamming over and over <--- click my cam, whatever the fuck that means! I logged off bewildered and haven't bothered trying again.Strange site.

Which site do you use now if not CB - are you on streamate ad do you feel that the traffic there is better?

Don't bother pm-ing guys in hopes that they'll tip - you're already giving them free one-on-one attention!

I'm also a BBW, and I typically have good luck on CB when I have lots of small goals leading up to a big goal. Theoretical numbers time! So, say my goal is a cumshow at 1200, then I'll break that down into smaller sections for top off - 100, bra off - 200, panties off - 400, and finish the goal - 600, each smaller goal being a slightly bigger chunk. I'll break this down even further, say 20, and each mini-goal gets a flash, spank, etc. I will be standing and dancing the entire time, while also cheerleading the next mini-goal and article of clothing off. It's effective, but exhausting.

Streamate is honestly THE SITE for BBW. The site culture is completely different, and more customers are ready to take you private and pay.

I've only been camming for a very very short amount of time and I've found CB and MFC to be almost the same for me. I usually end up hovering around 10-20 people, although I have done a few experiments and pretty much the moment you get fully naked and actually start putting things in holes or whatever, the audience jumps up quite a bit. XD I guess I don't have any real advice yet because I'm still very much figuring it out too, but I've been enjoying my personal experiments. It does suck to give stuff up for pretty much nothing, but I figure if you're just starting out and have no following at all, it doesn't hurt to get more traffic at first. I'd like to hear a more experienced model's opinion as well though. I think the main thing is to just keep on truckin' and stay confident even if you have a bunch of slow days in a row. I really really like what Saffron said too!

I'm pretty new as well, but I've found that making friends with the viewers makes a huge difference when you first start out. You can be hot as hell but if you're not engaging (or lucky, for that matter) you won't get tips. If no ones talking, maybe talk about something you enjoy, talk about the music you're playing but tease every now and then. So far that has worked for me! I've had people tip me and ask for nothing in return just because they like me.You can do it! Don't get discouraged. It's like any job- you just need to get the hang of it first, then the rest is easy

what saffron says works well, I did alright having no goal but since I have made smaller goals leading to bigger goals and letting them know what those goals are, I have been doing so much better :) Read the forums here there is so much advice for new girls. Oh and just be yourself and have fun, it shows on cam.

Status
Not open for further replies.