AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

how common do you think people fall for cam models?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ditto what @Danigirl said. All the time, or at least they say. But it's way more realistic to say that they are unhealthily infatuated. Not in love. I don't think you can call it love when you don't even know the person. That doesn't make sense to me. So, cam site viewers (or other adult content consumers) often develop unhealthy obsessions with performers they watch.

idk how the numbers stack up compared to other types of entertainers or public personas, but I imagine it's a bit higher due to the nature of the entertaining we do and how hard it already is for many people to compartmentalize these things.

Edit, oh you said fall for, not fall in love with. Everything else I said stands lol.

Ditto what @Danigirl said. All the time, or at least they say. But it's way more realistic to say that they are unhealthily infatuated. Not in love. I don't think you can call it love when you don't even know the person. That doesn't make sense to me. So, cam site viewers (or other adult content consumers) often develop unhealthy obsessions with performers they watch.

idk how the numbers stack up compared to other types of entertainers or public personas, but I imagine it's a bit higher due to the nature of the entertaining we do and how hard it already is for many people to compartmentalize these things.
Yep. Camming has helped me meet some really cool members and also an insane amount of mentally unwell individuals who make you lose faith in humanity.

^ Add to all that the relative low level of risk attached to anonymously acting bonkers over someone online, it really draws the weird behavior out. Are a higher number of unwell individuals attracted to these places, or do they just feel an air of confidence communicating it more openly because they can get away with it pretty much without consequences? Hmmm. idk. Both.

Someone should write a research paper about that part. 😂

^ Add to all that the relative low level of risk attached to anonymously acting bonkers over someone online, it really draws the weird behavior out. Are a higher number of unwell individuals attracted to these places, or do they just feel an air of confidence communicating it more openly because they can get away with it pretty much without consequences? Hmmm. idk. Both.

And pay us for our time or they should be a cam model themselves haha

that would make for some great reading actually I might see if I can something on that lol

I don't talk to members when I'm offline, zero private messaging, and make it pretty obvious I'm not single. It doesn't matter. Every other week someone confesses their love to me.

I don't talk to members when I'm offline, zero private messaging, and make it pretty obvious I'm not single. It doesn't matter. Every other week someone confesses their love to me.
well I guess its good to hear models like you are blatantly obvious about not wanting to lead people on. I feel like a lot of cam models enjoy leading the dudes on.

actually come to think of it I find personally that I'm more confident when texting models through the site (although I suppose the same can be said for any social media platform) the funny thing with me though is that I mostly don't feel a need or desire to get to know any of the models (ill jump on pay for what I want then nick off without a peep)

but there is always that one exception to (my rule) :giggle:

Think about it.
Humans are inherently social animals that seek out friendship, validation and intimacy.
Many cultures associate the act of sex with a commitment to be in some sort of a relationship.
Society tends to look at single adults as either damned lucky, promiscuous or somehow weird, which makes at least some feel pressure to conform and seek out a relationship.
Throw together lonely and/or socially awkward folk with attractive models who may appear to be 'available', will engage and interact with them, share their personality and likes/dislikes, and won't judge them, it can start to feel like an ideal situation.
The icing on the cake is that these attractive models also provide a sexual service in exchange for payment, yet at a safe distance, and it can become a very alluring situation.

well I guess its good to hear models like you are blatantly obvious about not wanting to lead people on. I feel like a lot of cam models enjoy leading the dudes on.
from a cam model perspective, i think it's the opposite. there are lots of members who want to be with a cammodel, and those models are only selling what those members want. i could easily bank on all the members wanting to be in a relationship with me. i see how models easily do lovecon hustles.

camming is 100% fantasy. every model is playing a part to get members to spend. if money wasn't involved, there wouldn't be thousands of cammodels actively online. members need to remember camsites are for play. if they are actively looking for love they WILL get hustled.

if they are actively looking for love they WILL get hustled.
The hustle is so easy to spot from a member's perspective! It's actually fun to play along for a while if it is initiated by the model. What I will never understand how guys can let themselves get tricked into spending thousands of dollars for all those OBVIOUS hustling reasons!! Why? What's the point? Why not donate to welfare organisations if you're so eager to help people out? Why go to a camgirl to do that?
Money doesn't buy you love, it never has! Why would it be any different on camsites? Is this a question of intelligence or what? Or is society so broken that a small percentage of obviously lonely, unwanted people see this as their last resort? Maybe it's just plain desperation?
Yes, I am also somewhat close to my OF after a year of chatting - also about personal things. But at the end of the day she's my Mistress and that's that. With this image in my mind, the game never ends and the fantasy doesn't get corrupted by improper emotions. Same goes for a camgirl. Keep the fantasy clean, use it to have fun or get off, then piss off. It's not so hard, I just don't get it.

I tend to view it as part of the fantasy and take "love confessions" with a grain of salt. Just like compliments such as "you're the hottest cam girl I've ever seen" or any similar superlative.

Lol. You're making it sound like it's rare to find honest cam models like this, and it's really not. Most likely you keep visiting the cam models who use those tactics (to lie and tell you a bunch of stuff you wanna hear) to drain your wallet. If you spend enough time getting to know the models of this forum, you'd know that most of us on here are pretty straightforward and don't lead people on. Often times women like us are called "bitches" and "mean," (Even when we're not actually being mean...lol) because we will straight up tell you "Nah, I don't meet in person." We're not interested in exchanging a bunch of fake "I love you's" to keep you hooked, and many of us cringe at the thought of it. Lol.

And in case anyone reading this is confused...flirting with a guy in free chat and calling him "baby" isn't leading him on. That's normal cam model behavior. PMing him "I love you's" and telling him that you look forward to him flying out to meet you and your family (When you know that's a lie) in order to keep him hooked and spending money on you is leading him on.

Guys act all disappointed when we tell them that we don't meet in person. We're broadcasting live on these sites trying to earn money to pay our bills, and people wanna act like it's Tinder. Lol. Go on Tinder where you're much more likely to find someone who'll meet you...and they're local. And this whole 'Trying to find me a chick who's a sex worker' thing that some guys do (Like that guy on here who made a thread about it a while back) is a bit cringey.

We can put it in our profiles that we don't meet members in person, and we can tell members in free chat that we won't meet in person, and there will still be members asking about it. And will say stuff like "So I see you sing. My uncle is a record producer." 🙄 I guess they think I'll be like "Really??? Here...let me give you my phone number!" :giggle:

Why not donate to welfare organisations if you're so eager to help people out? Why go to a camgirl to do that?

Because they're not looking to selflessly help out people in need. It's transactional. They spend money on models who they believe need help because they want something in return. Whether that be an irl sexual relationship, more attention or praise and compliments from a beautiful woman. Why donate money to charities or organizations who help starving children in third world nations, further medical research, help women living in shelters, etc. when you can spend thousands on a cam model who you think you may one day be able to have sex with and still can flex about how you're such a good guy because you're really helping someone in need.

I personally don't care how people spend their money and I obviously don't think that spending money on camsites or anything you enjoy is a bad thing, but I agree that it is ridiculous when certain men act like they are only spending money on camsites out of the goodness of the hearts and that they're better than men who are open about the fact that they just want to see pretty ladies do sexy things.

One thing I find personally disturbing is the fact that the majority of these members who "fall in love" with cam models seem to always go straight to foreign models. Eastern European women and Columbian women are gorgeous, no doubt. But, after years of seeing these guys talk about how they've fallen for a model, I get the feeling that they seek out foreign women because they think they can be easier to manipulate or control with money due to their economic situations. Or that they will be more willing to meet in person or be with them because of the way international relationships have been shown in media in recent years on shows like 90 Day Fiance. And like I said before, it can also be so that they can flex how good of a person they are by "donating" to models in need and live out their white knight fantasy while still jerking off like every other guy on the site.

I do think love cons are messed up, but it gets to a point where these guys have to take some fucking responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming someone else for their own poor decisions.

Because they're not looking to selflessly help out people in need. It's transactional. They spend money on models who they believe need help because they want something in return. Whether that be an irl sexual relationship, more attention or praise and compliments from a beautiful woman. Why donate money to charities or organizations who help starving children in third world nations, further medical research, help women living in shelters, etc. when you can spend thousands on a cam model who you think you may one day be able to have sex with and still can flex about how you're such a good guy because you're really helping someone in need.

I personally don't care how people spend their money and I obviously don't think that spending money on camsites or anything you enjoy is a bad thing, but I agree that it is ridiculous when certain men act like they are only spending money on camsites out of the goodness of the hearts and that they're better than men who are open about the fact that they just want to see pretty ladies do sexy things.

One thing I find personally disturbing is the fact that the majority of these members who "fall in love" with cam models seem to always go straight to foreign models. Eastern European women and Columbian women are gorgeous, no doubt. But, after years of seeing these guys talk about how they've fallen for a model, I get the feeling that they seek out foreign women because they think they can be easier to manipulate or control with money due to their economic situations. Or that they will be more willing to meet in person or be with them because of the way international relationships have been shown in media in recent years on shows like 90 Day Fiance. And like I said before, it can also be so that they can flex how good of a person they are by "donating" to models in need and live out their white knight fantasy while still jerking off like every other guy on the site.

I do think love cons are messed up, but it gets to a point where these guys have to take some fucking responsibility for their own actions instead of blaming someone else for their own poor decisions.
Well said!:clap:

Reactions: melanieoncam
Why donate money to charities or organizations who help starving children in third world nations, further medical research, help women living in shelters, etc. [...]
Speaking of that. After reading a lot of threads here about the things we cam site users almost never see, and because I spent quite a bit of time chatting with a now disappeared model who turned out to not be in the best of places, I have donated to Pineapple Support twice. Donating a once or twice amount you otherwise would have purchased tokens for seems fair, and it's otherwise hard or impossible to give something back if you want.

Go and donate!

It happened to me once, but I never acted on it. I never told her and it faded away after two weeks. It was hurting, but after some time I realized that it was not real love.

From the beginning on I had some deep talking relationships with models though, but never love, except this one case. These beautiful connections made me swear that I never ever will let anything negative come to a model, no pressure, no demands, no intend. Once in real life people said to me I can be pretty manipulative. Long story, especially because people who talk to each other kind of always manipulate each other. So in the camming world I only want joy and positive thinking.

That's an unfair and inaccurate assumption. I'd say the overwhelming majority of models actually get really frustrated when they encounter customers who would otherwise be lovely but have poorly developed personal boundaries, or think that paid friendly attention is the same thing as romantic interest. Sometimes studio models are coached to do lovecons but most independents are just hoping that nobody makes it weird and ruins a perfectly good dynamic.

People fall for cammodels all the time. Just go look at the section where all the "OoPs. AnOtHeR oNe Of THeSe HeRe!! i FeLl FoR hEr LoL!!" threads are. Like even they are self-aware of it.

The paying members on camsites are here because they're too socially awkward to go to strip clubs or anywhere else. So they seek their fantasies out online. And idk about you, but almost every fair-paying member I've encountered is online like at least once every other day. Many are online multuple times throughout the day. The guys that are frequenting these websites enough to fall for models are guys that don't really get out much honestly, and are probably mostly on the internet and that's where they get their socialization from. To them, they're likely already used to just receiving interaction through a screen. Making it easier for them to fall for someone they've never met in person.

A looooot of guys also think the closest they can be with a woman is when they're having sex. Lol. I mean I've been in so many privates and stuff where people would weirdly get personal in the middle of it and decide to tell me their real name and where their from and their life and stuff. Never ask me about me lol- just tell me about them and really fish for positive reinforcement haha. So I can definitely see how if a model really ran with that and singled a person out, saying and doing all the right things- that member could end up another thread on this forum. lmao.

It really means something for these Lonely dudes to think they have an attractive woman who will attentively listen, nod, and laugh at everything he says + provide him with sexual acts. To the point where the whole money aspect to the relationship goes completely over their heads.
It's not just foreign models that people fall for, I just think foreign models are more open to the elaborate scheme- and are perhaps just fetishized/fantasized by people wanting that specific white knight type of fantasy where u help a girl from a developing country with no money or whatever lmao. But guys do this to American and English-speaking girls too. I think the main reason for this is an epidemic of loneliness or something. Because logically you just wouldn't fall in love with someone you only see through a screen, right? Lol.

And like I said before, it can also be so that they can flex how good of a person they are by "donating" to models in need and live out their white knight fantasy while still jerking off like every other guy on the site.
This. They are still jerking off. As it should be! I can get close, even personal, but I am still there for the jerk off. Even those white knights. I think it gets them off in the first place, acting the Sir Parcival or something. I know that the model I visited today and tipped a shitload is trying to sweet talk me into being there tomorrow, but I fucking won't. Tomorrow I am going to be somewhere else. I will never meet her again and that's the way it is. Even if I told her that she's the best I ever met, it is just a lie I tell, just as the lies she whispered into my ears the other night.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
This. They are still jerking off. As it should be! I can get close, even personal, but I am still there for the jerk off. Even those white knights. I think it gets them off in the first place, acting the Sir Parcival or something. I know that the model I visited today and tipped a shitload is trying to sweet talk me into being there tomorrow, but I fucking won't. Tomorrow I am going to be somewhere else. I will never meet her again and that's the way it is. Even if I told her that she's the best I ever met, it is just a lie I tell, just as the lies she whispered into my ears the other night.
We get it lol
u really like to jerk off to women on the internet and then leave without saying anything. You're not like the other members at all. You're sooooo coool. Model lovescams just dont work on you! You're protected by big brains and virgin armor!

lol, Next. We don't need someone coming in here and bragging about how special and different they perceive themselves to be. That's exactly what the people typing out their lovescam threads think of themselves too lol.

almost every fair-paying member I've encountered is online like at least once every other day. Many are online multuple times throughout the day.
That's an interesting observation.
I have a favourite model that I visit often, but I purposely do not visit every show. That does not affect the total amount I tip her per week, but the reason I skip some shows is to try and keep a balance between online time and real-world socialisation, and also because I am always really ready and happy to be returning after a few days' absence. I enjoy spending time with this model, and I could easily let myself be there every day, but I don't think that's healthy for me, or probably for her. It means she has diversity of viewers and tipping behaviours in the room.
Of course, it hasn't stopped certain regs (who are always there like the furniture) from making wisecracks about how I'm not a true fan, but I don't bite. It's a good balance for me.

(who are always there like the furniture)
Oh, the Furniture Regulars! Doesn't matter what time of day or day of the week you come to certain rooms. The same users will always be there. They are there to greet you when you arrive and they are there to say goodbyeandthankyouforcoming when you leave.

But then again some models expect you to show up every day and tip if you're a SC knight. Not showing up in a room for a couple of days in a row was how I had my first knight status unceremoniously removed. The fact that she had this rule to begin with says a couple of things about how much time some users spend on cam sites. Since this thread is about what it is, I can only imagine why ...

That's an interesting observation.
I have a favourite model that I visit often, but I purposely do not visit every show. That does not affect the total amount I tip her per week, but the reason I skip some shows is to try and keep a balance between online time and real-world socialisation, and also because I am always really ready and happy to be returning after a few days' absence. I enjoy spending time with this model, and I could easily let myself be there every day, but I don't think that's healthy for me, or probably for her. It means she has diversity of viewers and tipping behaviours in the room.
Of course, it hasn't stopped certain regs (who are always there like the furniture) from making wisecracks about how I'm not a true fan, but I don't bite. It's a good balance for me.
Each member I've observed definitely isn't coming back to my room every single time they log back in, but I usually add people to my friends list (Was on MFC) after theyve tipped a fair amount or got a private from me, and that's how I could see who came online and when, etc.
And yes! Many members I would see popping on and offline throughout the day. Maybe around half of all members I've observed do this and will be online at least a few times a day. Though this is also likely what they're doing: Just browsing for new or different models while revisiting their favorites throughout the week. Not gonna lie though, the last time I checked who had been online recently, like 80% of them said last logged in today lol. A lot ot the rest was "Last logged in yesterday" Members are probably online more than they think, lol.

It's nice though that you're very considerate of the model's room when you do enter! We models really appreciate it when we have fair, civilized people in our rooms lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.