AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How do you make a budget for using a camsite?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The same way you make any entertainment budget - figure out your income, then subtract necessary expenses (bills, rent, food, etc), subtract savings/debt payments, then whatever is leftover is entertainment. Use it for camsites, comic books, movies, whatever. Just make sure your bills and important things are paid first!

The same way you make any entertainment budget - figure out your income, then subtract necessary expenses (bills, rent, food, etc), subtract savings/debt payments, then whatever is leftover is entertainment. Use it for camsites, comic books, movies, whatever. Just make sure your bills and important things are paid first!
im bad at math

• Hugs
Reactions: Puffin
Use a template on Excel or Google Docs! I'm terrible at math but you just input your income and expenses and it will tell you how much is leftover.

I notice that I have $x extra this month, and log into my premium account and buy tokens, or my member account on SM and join a couple goldshows. Which it is depends on how much extra money I have, as well as what ladies I recognize from here are on.

Reactions: Ann_Sulu and Puffin
You can try mint.com that will help you out. Itll do the math and help you keep bills on track, track your spending, and even help you start a savings. Whatever is left over is discretionary and you may spend it as you wish.

I took this topic to be asking about a tipping budget. Not where to find money for tipping in your regular budget.

if that is the case it could be as simple as deciding how many tokens you'll spend that month. putting on a calendar how much you spent that day. Total up each week. Stay under that target.

Or it could be like a regular budget.
x tokens for tips
y tokens for privates
z tokens for groups.
aa tokens for "holy crap thats a deal I must buy that"

you may wish to break those buckets down further and have budgets for each model. Unless you have a super favorite, you'll find girls schedule is kind of random so its hard to budget that way.

now answering for if you really did need help budgeting in general.

if you dont know where to start with budgeting in general, personally, I use mint.
It may be helpful to read the reddit community "You Need a budget" http://reddit.com/r/ynab As with all reddit, as a newb read the sidebar on the right first.

if you like reading books, ric edelmen or dave ramsey. Larry Burkett (from a christian perspective) is who I listened to growning up. He's passed on but his materials are still out there.

You have to first know how much your spending. Then look at where you can cut back.
The standard rule of thumb is your monthly mfc payment should equal your mortgage payment. (ok just kidding on that last one)

• Funny!
Reactions: Puffin and Teagan
im bad at math
I do not believe you have the skills to responsibly use cam sites. I am not trying to be mean, I am just being honest. Not being able to budget your food, utilities, housing, and entertainment is going to leave you broke, and in trouble. I also think you should look around for local services that help or have classes on these things.

I do not believe you have the skills to responsibly use cam sites. I am not trying to be mean, I am just being honest. Not being able to budget your food, utilities, housing, and entertainment is going to leave you broke, and in trouble. I also think you should look around for local services that help or have classes on these things.
I was trying to think of a way to say something like this without being mean, because Guy is a nice dude and obviously means well. But yeah, from the overall impression I've gotten from Guy's presence on the forum, I think maybe it's best he waits until he has a better grasp on being an adult before adventuring onto camsites with intention of spending. I feel like things could get out of hand really quick. :(

I was trying to think of a way to say something like this without being mean, because Guy is a nice dude and obviously means well. But yeah, from the overall impression I've gotten from Guy's presence on the forum, I think maybe it's best he waits until he has a better grasp on being an adult before adventuring onto camsites with intention of spending. I feel like things could get out of hand really quick. :(
What do you mean by grasp on being an adult and what impression?

• Hugs
I think Amber's talking about the boring but important stuff that being an adult entails. One of the most important things you'll have to do as an adult is keep your finances in order. That means ensuring that you have enough incoming money to offset your outgoings, living within your means, having money put aside should something happen that would reduce your income, and knowing when it's appropriate to spend money on luxuries such as camsites.

So as a hypothetical example, say you have $2000 in your bank account come September 1st. Before you spend a penny on a camsite, you need to work out how much your bills are going to come to in September. You then need to work out how much you'll need for things like travel. You need to work out how much you're likely to spend on food and drink. Any social activities, trips to the cinema, games, DVDs, CDs, clothes, whatever, that you buy or want to buy need to be accounted for too. Once you've done that, whatever you have left over from your $2000, you know is disposable cash. Say you have $200 left, you know that that's the maximum you can budget for camsites. But then that will leave you with nothing at all should something unexpected come up. So you need to weigh up how much of that $200 is a sensible amount to spend on cams. You then need to stick to it.

If you buy say, $100 worth of tokens, you need to make those tokens last you the month. So you need to decide how to spend them. Do you spend a few a day and spread them out over the month? Do you use them to buy a couple of privates? Do you buy some videos? Do you tip just one model, or many? The worry from people here is that you might run through your (hypothetical) $100 of tokens, buy another $100 worth of tokens, have no money left for the month, and then have an emergency expense come up and have no money to pay it. So it's important that you do the boring adult thing and budget sensibly. If you can't do that or haven't learnt how to do that yet, it's better that you keep asking the right people how to do it, so that you can get yourself to a place where you can budget for the month without having to worry whether buying a private or tipping your favourite cam girl is going to negatively impact your finances.

Last edited:
I think Amber's talking about the boring but important stuff that being an adult entails. One of the most important things you'll have to do as an adult is keep your finances in order.
Pretty much this. Earlier @Guy your response to someone telling you to figure out your expenses/bills/etc was "I am bad at math." But, as an adult, you need to find a way to figure this stuff out. That, combined with your incredibly inquisitive and somewhat naive behavior on this forum, leads me to believe you are a little bit child-like in nature. I don't mean that as an insult at all, in fact, it's probably a more carefree way to live life. But there are adult responsibilities you'll need to get more comfortable with, I think, before you take on something like handling a budget and restricting your impulses on a cam site. Biggest one, as @mynameisbob84 brought up, is keeping your finances in order on your own.

Pretty much this. Earlier @Guy your response to someone telling you to figure out your expenses/bills/etc was "I am bad at math." But, as an adult, you need to find a way to figure this stuff out. That, combined with your incredibly inquisitive and somewhat naive behavior on this forum, leads me to believe you are a little bit child-like in nature. I don't mean that as an insult at all, in fact, it's probably a more carefree way to live life. But there are adult responsibilities you'll need to get more comfortable with, I think, before you take on something like handling a budget and restricting your impulses on a cam site. Biggest one, as @mynameisbob84 brought up, is keeping your finances in order on your own.
What behavior specifically?

What behavior specifically?
This here is actually an example. You ask questions about everything. EVERYTHING. And don't seem to take much time/make effort to figure things out on your own. Look at all the topics you've started and the questions within them.

What do you mean by grasp on being an adult and what impression?
Guy, I believe you said you have aspergers, is that correct?

Have you received any counselling for it?

Yes every other tuesday.

Maybe you need more or a different counsellor? Because I have to agree with what Amber said, you just don't seem to have a grasp on how to be an adult. If you're living in a group home or with your family forever, that can be alright but if you want to be on your own and visit camsites and meet girls, etc, you need to have a better grasp on being a functioning grown up.

I agree with the advice given from everybody else in this thread. It sounds like you are living with family or in an assisted living-type of community. You can ask them for help learning to budget. I'm assuming that you get a check to cover your basic needs either monthly or bi-monthly. And it sounds like whomever you're living with takes care of your bills from that. I've known a few people in the same situation, and they don't know exactly how much is coming in nor how much their bills cost. To be honest, if you aren't paying your own bills with your own money (which would be the reason for you not knowing how to budget), I can't see how the person helping to care for you will allow you to take a credit card and start spending numerous amounts on camsites.

More than likely, they'll assume that you're into some kind of gambling. And camsites are kind of like gambling to someone who doesn't have a very strict sense of self-discipline. So many members spend way more than they originally intended because A) they lost track of time and the site auto-charged their card for a longer private, B) they fell for the model's charm and wanted to make her smile, or C) they actually forgot how much they had previously spent/got drunk/otherwise irresponsible actions.

These are extremely simple mistakes for anyone to do. So please don't feel like we're picking on you or anything. We just know how hard it is for someone who already knows how to budget (and already has all of the life lessons under their belt) to not overspend on camsites. We are just looking out for you. But please, please, ask a trusted adult to help teach you how to do simple things like pay your bills and budget, regardless of whether you ever join a camsite.

I think Amber's talking about the boring but important stuff that being an adult entails. One of the most important things you'll have to do as an adult is keep your finances in order. That means ensuring that you have enough incoming money to offset your outgoings, living within your means, having money put aside should something happen that would reduce your income, and knowing when it's appropriate to spend money on luxuries such as camsites.

So as a hypothetical example, say you have $2000 in your bank account come September 1st. Before you spend a penny on a camsite, you need to work out how much your bills are going to come to in September. You then need to work out how much you'll need for things like travel. You need to work out how much you're likely to spend on food and drink. Any social activities, trips to the cinema, games, DVDs, CDs, clothes, whatever, that you buy or want to buy need to be accounted for too. Once you've done that, whatever you have left over from your $2000, you know is disposable cash. Say you have $200 left, you know that that's the maximum you can budget for camsites. But then that will leave you with nothing at all should something unexpected come up. So you need to weigh up how much of that $200 is a sensible amount to spend on cams. You then need to stick to it.

If you buy say, $100 worth of tokens, you need to make those tokens last you the month. So you need to decide how to spend them. Do you spend a few a day and spread them out over the month? Do you use them to buy a couple of privates? Do you buy some videos? Do you tip just one model, or many? The worry from people here is that you might run through your (hypothetical) $100 of tokens, buy another $100 worth of tokens, have no money left for the month, and then have an emergency expense come up and have no money to pay it. So it's important that you do the boring adult thing and budget sensibly. If you can't do that or haven't learnt how to do that yet, it's better that you keep asking the right people how to do it, so that you can get yourself to a place where you can budget for the month without having to worry whether buying a private or tipping your favourite cam girl is going to negatively impact your finances.

Im going to speak from my experience and other guys I know who are addicted to this hobby. If you are on here to ask how to spend your money on camming, I suggest you go to AAA or other addicted support groupsl. I know Im addicted to and fortunately I have the ability to spend 1000s of dollars every month. Cam watching is like TV you just keep turning the channel without consideration of being able to pay for it and before you know it you charge cards are maxed out and the trouble starts.

This is a very addictive hobby like visiting prostitutes and both will get out of hand because the end result is gratification. Hard to deny yourself of gratification and very few people have the will power to control itl Just speaking from my own experiences

This here is actually an example. You ask questions about everything. EVERYTHING. And don't seem to take much time/make effort to figure things out on your own. Look at all the topics you've started and the questions within them.

Note aspergers is not ocd

Did anyone say it was?

The dood in the video did. I think Guy was just pointing out that despite that, OCD and Aspergers are two different things, lest anyone watch the video and take everything said in it as gospel.

Edit: What Guy said :facepalm:

Edit to Edit: Now Guy's reply isn't there. But it was!

Status
Not open for further replies.