AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Mistaking camsites for dating sites?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Related to this and things @EasternPromis and @Lilly_____ have said, I'm sharing a story here but changing the details because it's not my story. But it's based on a true one. This is someone I know personally in real life. Not a "model friend."

She is in a difficult situation. She is a single mom, and she is disabled (one that is not apparent through broadcasting which is part of the reason why she does it.) She has a hard time meeting guys for those reasons and because of her work.

She had a regular who was very nice and polite. He tipped her generously, seemed interested in her as a person, told her he cared about her, that he wanted to take care of her, etc. They talked a lot about non-sexual things, and about their lives and interests in general. He expressed interest in meeting her, and that he had feelings for her.

She thought maybe she could take a chance on the guy and break her rule about not dating anyone she met through the site. She thought he was very nice, and her life is rough enough that having another person to share it with would genuinely make things better. So she shared the full details of her situation.

Poof. The guy disappears, and never comes back to her chat room. She worries something happened to him and goes looking for him and finds his social media. He's blabbering about a cam model selling him sob stories to try to manipulate him to get money. This piece of shit.

As soon as she became a real person with problems, and not just a fantasy he could project everything, not only was he gone but he was acting betrayed about it. It shaped my perspective on a lot of these guys who come in here complaining about love cons, and only hearing one side of the story.

It happens occasionally. I tend to go along with it and start making ridiculous requests straigh away.. "Yay - as my new hubby, you will pay for everything right? I want a honeymoon, 100 000 dollars, you send that now and I get booking?! Hawai? Barbados? Both?! Yay so exciting!"

Pretty soon they vanish. I guess they just were not that into me.
I love this

Hi everyone, new member here, really enjoying the community.

I have asked a few models what is the most common request by guys, expecting to hear about cum shows, feet, or whatever. Surprisingly though I was told they often dive straight in and ask if they want to get married.

I don't know if it's just a misguided idea of what a camgirl wants to hear, but I've read enough lovecon posts here (back tattoo anyone?) to know that some guys characters and mental health make them susceptible to treating camsites as dating sites.

Is it really that common for guys visit camsites in the hope of starting a relationship?
Yes I get it all of the time , either they try to play the boyfriend role to skip paying or they really think we’re on there looking for attention and a boyfriend, almost as bad as saying you’re beautiful a million times but no plan in sight of going prvt or tipping .

Customers who come in, enjoy the site, enjoy shows or tipping, have a good time are just great. Much appreciated without any complication.

aww , c'mon ladies , I just want to marry all of you and take you away on my $27.00 a week payday :happy:

Obviously many a middle aged man pursues younger models, however having read countless posts (both here and on places like Reddit) I never fail to be amazed by how many younger guys fall for love cons as well. I'd argue that they are possibly a softer touch because the idea of a model falling in love with someone close to their own age seems perfectly reasonable to these guys. It's baffling for sure.

I think you're right. Younger men -20s- are more likely to be prone to self-delusion. (They also are more likely to be jerks in a model's room in my experiience.)

I do think that love cons/catfishes happen to innocent people. They may be caught during a vulnerable time but they're nice and normal. But I'm with volcano when it comes to the stories I see here, both the I'm In Love and the I Got Screwed guys. I honestly can't think of any one of them I took at face value as "nice and normal" guys. Most often there's something notiseably off about them.

Reactions: Ozzie_
I think you're right. Younger men -20s- are more likely to be prone to self-delusion. (They also are more likely to be jerks in a model's room in my experiience.)
Definitely. When you are in your 20s you are loaded with more confidence in your own abilities than you have wisdom to counterbalance it.

Definitely. When you are in your 20s you are loaded with more confidence in your own abilities than you have wisdom to counterbalance it.
Men in their 20's today are nothing like men your age in their 20's.

Reactions: ArcticKitty
Pre and post Net Age?
Yes. Guys on their 20's today have had internet access their entire lives. Guarantee you it was not a 40÷ year old man who coined the term simp. But some 19 year old with terrible hygiene who has never seen a vagina in person.

Yes. Guys on their 20's today have had internet access their entire lives. Guarantee you it was not a 40÷ year old man who coined the term simp. But some 19 year old with terrible hygiene who has never seen a vagina in person.
That's what I thought I you meant. I can imagine that their behaviour and expectations are fucked up as a result.

And as if to prove your point, I had to go and google "simp".

• Funny!
And as if to prove your point, I had to go and google "simp".
Exactly. There is no telling what kind of rabbit holes they fell into searching out their kinks and who filled their heads with all kinds of bullshit before they get to us. (As a woman, it's actually quite terrifying from a safety standpoint.)

'Simp' is a new term but it's an iteration on another one that has been around for at least 15 years and that's 'white knight.' While it can be used to describe men who are obnoxiously overprotective of women they barely know, it also got used by the same types who say 'simp' now in the same ways. Basically the idea that a man feeling any kind of admiration or respect or fondness towards women is embarrassing and/or the only reason a man would express those things is because he wants to get laid. New word but the same idea that's been kicking around for as long as "Men's Rights Activists" have been stinking up the internet.

'Simp' is a new term but it's an iteration on another one that has been around for at least 15 years and that's 'white knight.' While it can be used to describe men who are obnoxiously overprotective of women they barely know, it also got used by the same types who say 'simp' now in the same ways. Basically the idea that a man feeling any kind of admiration or respect or fondness towards women is embarrassing and/or the only reason a man would express those things is because he wants to get laid. New word but the same idea that's been kicking around for as long as "Men's Rights Activists" have been stinking up the internet.
Thanks for proving my point. :)

Reactions: inertvolcano
A lot of these words and phrases are over used. I wish people would come up with some new stuff. I’m getting to be such an old , exacting grouch, but I genuinely wish people would put the effort in to use language more thoroughly. Everybody over uses the same material… y’all 😆( that use of “y’all” was facetious).

Last edited:
Exactly. There is no telling what kind of rabbit holes they fell into searching out their kinks and who filled their heads with all kinds of bullshit before they get to us. (As a woman, it's actually quite terrifying from a safety standpoint.)

I hearted this because I couldn't like it enough!

I can’t wait to be older. Kids and old people get away with so much shit, and people just laugh it off. But if anyone else did it they’d end up in a lunatic asylum or something. Give me 20 more years and I’m gonna go completely mental and bizarre. I’ve been holding it in, and waiting all these years for it 🥳🥳🥳

My grandma is 83 and she gets away with so much stuff, and half of it she does purposefully to make herself laugh.

Hey! As someone from the south I take great offense to this!

Jk!! But, I’d be lying if I said that I didn’t sometimes have to put in real, legitimate effort to not say y’all too much.
I meant it more as a joke on people who aren’t from the south who overuse it. I noticed an epidemic of that, going on online. When someone from the South uses it that’s just normal 🧡maybe it’s people trying to act like they are from the south to throw off potential stalkers. Idk. It always makes me have a wtf moment though.

Last edited:
I meant it more as a joke on people who aren’t from the south who overuse it. I noticed an epidemic of that, going on online. When someone from the South uses it that’s just normal 🧡

I was totally kidding, haha! I think when I see or hear people say it it doesn’t register to me as different since I’ve always heard people saying y’all all the time.

I also was able to completely understand everything they said on Swamp People when that show was still around, even though they had to caption a lot of the dialogue. Some of the perks of living in the South, hahaha.

• Funny!
Reactions: MarieElise
I can’t wait to be older. Kids and old people get away with so much shit, and people just laugh it off. But if anyone else did it they’d end up in a lunatic asylum or something. Give me 20 more years and I’m gonna go completely mental and bizarre. I’ve been holding it in, and waiting all these years for it 🥳🥳🥳

My grandma is 83 and she gets away with so much stuff, and half of it she does purposefully to make herself laugh.
I find I say "prick" under my breath way more often than I used to when dealing with people.

I find I say "prick" under my breath way more often than I used to when dealing with people.
More couth than my favorites.

I want to start using the word asinine again. I love that word. No one ever uses it anymore. It has such a nice ring to it. I’m gonna start trying to mutter “asinine nincompoop” under my breath, in replacement of my current faves.

maybe it’s people trying to act like they are from the south to throw off potential stalkers. Idk. It always makes me have a wtf moment though.

I never thought about that! But the more I'm thinking about it now, I can definitely see how it could throw people off to see or hear it used a lot when it's from non-southern people or when they're not used to hearing it. I'm trying to think of someone saying y'all without having a southern accent or drawl, and it'd probably sound a little weird. My family is Cajun French and a lot of the people I grew up around or spent time with when I was younger were also Cajun, so I can only really think of people saying it with that very particular accent. I also have that accent, and apparently sound like a crawfish when I talk hahaha.

All that to say, it's crazy how language is and how certain words can be construed differently just by who is saying them.

I never thought about that! But the more I'm thinking about it now, I can definitely see how it could throw people off to see or hear it used a lot when it's from non-southern people or when they're not used to hearing it. I'm trying to think of someone saying y'all without having a southern accent or drawl, and it'd probably sound a little weird. My family is Cajun French and a lot of the people I grew up around or spent time with when I was younger were also Cajun, so I can only really think of people saying it with that very particular accent. I also have that accent, and apparently sound like a crawfish when I talk hahaha.

All that to say, it's crazy how language is and how certain words can be construed differently just by who is saying them.
Yeah I’m just being anal. I just want if people are gonna misappropriate culture, for them to do a more thorough job of it. They can’t just start every sentence on social media with y’all, and call it good. They need to use others words and phrases if they’re going to do that, too. But all-everyone uses is “y’all”. It’s highly confusing and it just sounds ridiculous to me. Lol sorry to go off on such a stupid Tangent. My room is gonna be full of trolls, that just fill my screen with” y’all”all night long tonight. Hahaha

Last edited:
Reactions: inertvolcano
Status
Not open for further replies.