AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How i send a pm to a MV member from Manyvids

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 11, 2023
Hi everyone :bear: ! I been live on Manyvids site earlier, and something is different. I think they changed a few things. Before i could send pm to members who were asking me for , but now no option for this anymore while i stream. Some of the guys ask me to send them a pm, and i couldn't find the option where to send, i'm not sure why they didn't send me pm, im talking about premium members, they should be able to do it. I also tried to copy paste a guy s nickname and put on search but nothing reaches out. Is there a way to look for, or they can pm me while i stream? :arghh:

Hi everyone :bear: ! I been live on Manyvids site earlier, and something is different. I think they changed a few things. Before i could send pm to members who were asking me for , but now no option for this anymore while i stream. Some of the guys ask me to send them a pm, and i couldn't find the option where to send, i'm not sure why they didn't send me pm, im talking about premium members, they should be able to do it. I also tried to copy paste a guy s nickname and put on search but nothing reaches out. Is there a way to look for, or they can pm me while i stream? :arghh:

I don't like the way they've changed the site either.

It's been a long time since I've done ManyVids Live, but yes, the premium members are able to PM you while you are live (And I've been able to PM them while live).

Anyway, on the MV homepage, look for the little conversation chat bubble icon at the top right hand corner of the screen (It's close to where your profile photo is). Click it so it takes you to your inbox. Then look on the right hand corner for the purple button that says "New Message" and click that. Then where it says "To recipient"...click that and start typing in as much of the guy's screen name as you remember, and it will give you all these search results of people on the site. So like I can type in "AmberC" (without finishing the rest of the name) right now, and 10 different names come up in the results, including AmberCutie. And I can any of those people to be the recipient for the message I'm about to send.

I actually thought ManyVids couldn't get any worse but they've pulled out all the stops on this one. Tiny little chat window with huge speech bubbles, removed the display of other live models currently streaming and the spin the wheel functionality removed. A complete downgrade in every sense.

Reactions: yummybrownfox

It's been a long time since I've done ManyVids Live, but yes, the premium members are able to PM you while you are live (And I've been able to PM them while live).

Anyway, on the MV homepage, look for the little conversation chat bubble icon at the top right hand corner of the screen (It's close to where your profile photo is). Click it so it takes you to your inbox. Then look on the right hand corner for the purple button that says "New Message" and click that. Then where it says "To recipient"...click that and start typing in as much of the guy's screen name as you remember, and it will give you all these search results of people on the site. So like I can type in "AmberC" (without finishing the rest of the name) right now, and 10 different names come up in the results, including AmberCutie. And I can any of those people to be the recipient for the message I'm about to send.
I will try that, thank you so much:cat::cat: and yes the way they changed it, its confusing, hope to get used with it

I visited a model for 16 of the last 17 months on Many Vids. I absolutely hated the platform in every way but went there because it paid the best share of the money to the model of any cam site I'm aware of. So I took her private there despite utter craziness like the tip panel obscuring the view of the stream (useless when trying to tip a vibe for instance - you can either tip, or see, but not both at the same time - I mean, do they even test this stuff with prospective users? 5 mins testing would discover that was useless).

She's left there now and moved elsewhere and is making significantly more, despite the smaller cut. Many Vids Live just seemed to suffer from low traffic and what traffic I did see was the same handful of guys cutting and pasting the same bullshit into the chat day after day after day.

I visited a model for 16 of the last 17 months on Many Vids. I absolutely hated the platform in every way but went there because it paid the best share of the money to the model of any cam site I'm aware of. So I took her private there despite utter craziness like the tip panel obscuring the view of the stream (useless when trying to tip a vibe for instance - you can either tip, or see, but not both at the same time - I mean, do they even test this stuff with prospective users? 5 mins testing would discover that was useless).

She's left there now and moved elsewhere and is making significantly more, despite the smaller cut. Many Vids Live just seemed to suffer from low traffic and what traffic I did see was the same handful of guys cutting and pasting the same bullshit into the chat day after day after day.

MV Live isn’t a true cam site anyway, no matter how much they like to tell themselves that they are. The fact that I once stayed live on there for 8 hours straight or more (the day of that token giveaway that I was trying to win), and didn’t receive any tips, private shows, or video sales from members in that time frame is pretty ridiculous. I DID win the token giveaway though, so it wasn’t a complete waste of time. Lol. Now despite how bad my MFC camscore is, I would’ve absolutely gotten SOME tips on MFC if I’d been live on there for 8+ hours. Good grief…

The fact that I’d placed in MV’s (MVLive?) Top Ebony Earners list just from someone tipping me 1,000 tokens. My first thought was “Omg, YAY!!!” My second thought was “Wait…that’s all it takes…1,000 tokens? That’s kind of sad, but can’t say I’m surprised (Black women are often unappreciated anyway…smh).”

I’ve logged out of my MV account before to take a peek into some top MV Live rooms, and saw that it’s dead in those rooms too. Few users, and hardly any tips coming in. The earnings showing up in their chat were usually about someone having purchased a fan club membership or something. That’s why it can be good for models to have videos (and other items/services) for sale. If these guys aren’t gonna tip for an ass flash, maybe they’ll check out your store and buy a video.

Oh, and ManyVids Live doesn’t even have an option for a member to turn on his cam to do c2c in a private show. And they still don’t let models know when a member has entered the chat, which I’ve found frustrating. It’s just that stupid total count of “how many people have visited this room today.” If I want to find out if someone is currently in my room, I have to constantly click the viewers (users?) tab to see who’s in the room right now. Dumb. There have been times when I had a regular sitting there in my room watching me, and I didn’t even know he’d been sitting there because his ass never says hi to me first. 🙄 He’d sit there silently, and not say anything until I said hi first. I found out he was in there only after clicking the viewers (users?) tab. These type of members (who won’t talk unless the model talks to them first) probably don’t even realize that we don’t know they’re there. Some of them are probably wondering why we haven’t said hi, and just assume we’re ignoring them.

The fact that I once stayed live on there for 8 hours straight or more (the day of that token giveaway that I was trying to win), and didn’t receive any tips, private shows, or video sales from members in that time frame is pretty ridiculous
I can say with confidence that if I go there right now, I could go round 90% of the rooms and not see a single tip in the chat. Not one token. Any that did have tips would be a 1 token "hi". A tell-tale sign is when you see the "best of the hour" tag then head to the room and theres onl 50 tokens of tips all night for her.
Oh, and ManyVids Live doesn’t even have an option for a member to turn on his cam to do c2c in a private show.
Yeah, totally annoying and it just forces users to the video call option (usually skype and usually less lucrative for the model - and also not designed for camming).
And they still don’t let models know when a member has entered the chat, which I’ve found frustrating.
I think that's changed. At least in the member view. It now announces when someone enters. Of course, with the chat panel being so small, it takes up about 30% of it but it does mention it now.
I have to constantly click the viewers (users?) tab to see who’s in the room right now
Yes, just bad interface design.

My friend was dying a death on there and as the only person who might tip her in an entire week on there, I was overcompensating. And as a result, she felt bad too. So many weird lurkers with really unusual fetishes but no willingness to pay for them to be enacted. Just blah blah blah. There's a guy on there pretends to be a woman and talks to models about their hair. "She" makes them comfortable and they end up trying out new hairstyles under "her" instruction. Meanwhile the guy is jacking off for free.

There is also no King of the Room anymore either. So anyone who does tip a sizeable chunk isn't recognised. Although 1 token could make you King of most rooms on there.

• Helpful!
I think that's changed. At least in the member view. It now announces when someone enters. Of course, with the chat panel being so small, it takes up about 30% of it but it does mention it now.

I’d been asking ManyVids to change that for a while. It’s crazy that they finally did it after I’ve pretty much stopped camming on free chat sites, and got a “regular” full-time day job outside the home. 😂 Well…if I ever decide to go live on MVLive again, that will be nice to finally see that. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.