AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to avoid an ghost room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is the worst! I've never had 0 people to talk to, either. I mean, I've had nights where I made shit money, but I'd at least have 2-3 people in my room at the very least. But tonight was terrible. I feel like crying but I'm gonna be a big hoe and deal with it. But like.

God damn it what the fuck. There's only so much I can do with a ghost room. I tried dancing, talking, bouncing around, but eventually I could feel my energy draining and knew it was time to log the fuck off.

MAY THE HOE GODS BLESS US ON OUR NEXT BROADCAST
What site are you on? I use chaturbate and although some nights are quite I've had a steady flow of private shows that make up for the lower room count. Try there and see if it goes better for u

I'm on MFC. I'm going to try Chaturbate tomorrow. I did it a looong time ago. Honestly the site kinda intimidates me since everyone seems so hardcore and for the time being I'm a nearly-nude model. I'll get topless, do BJ shows, etc, but I don't feel comfortable taking off my underwear and I feel like that is kind of a requirement for Chaturbate.

• Hugs
Reactions: Val Vega
What makes you want to switch to Chaturbate? I think, at least for now, you should try to keep going with MFC. Slow nights happen. Last night I had one on Chaturbate. Were it not for a couple privates, it would have been a miserable night all together. Focus on improving on MFC and/or enduring some slow nights. Don't hop to another service until you truly feel you've exploited the one you are at to its fullest and you've still not gotten to where you want to be.

And as others have related to me on here, January is typically one of the slowest months. So it is potentially a pretty brutal time in general.

Reactions: a_haze420
What makes you want to switch to Chaturbate? I think, at least for now, you should try to keep going with MFC. Slow nights happen. Last night I had one on Chaturbate. Were it not for a couple privates, it would have been a miserable night all together. Focus on improving on MFC and/or enduring some slow nights. Don't hop to another service until you truly feel you've exploited the one you are at to its fullest and you've still not gotten to where you want to be.

And as others have related to me on here, January is typically one of the slowest months. So it is potentially a pretty brutal time in general.

Mostly just because I've been told before to try out more than one service. I'm ~not~ sure Chaturbate is for me and I only did one broadcast on there ever.

You're probably right though. My poor little 500-something camscore feels so rough though. The lack of camscore on Chaturbate has its appeal lmao.

I hadn't heard that about January being a rough month! But that actually makes a ton of sense. When I worked retail, January was a rough af month so it would make sense that slowness translates to other businesses as well.

I think tonight I just feel jaded and demoralized. Obviously I'm not always going to feel like this and I'll probably feel better tomorrow. It is in my schedule on MFC to cam on Fridays, though I might try out an earlier timeslot to avoid being on at the same time as some of the super popular girls. I don't know.

Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it. :h:

Reactions: Val Vega
I'm not saying that is wrong to want to try out other services. I think it is a good idea; however, you learn a lot as time goes on. If this is more than just MFC being slow, then there's aspects of your camming you need to work on. And if you just went to another service with those attributes intact, you would just face a similar problem in the long-run.

I'll try to check out your stream some time if I see you're live and offer any insight I can. I'm no expert here, though, and there are plenty of people here that are better equipped to help.

• Hugs
Reactions: FaeHeart
I wasn't trying to sterr her in any direction just telling her what I have been happy with. I've only been on chaturbate and haven't branched out yet but I'm very happy with the turnout on chaturbate

I understand. I'm just addressing her thought about checking out another service. I wouldn't want for her to switch services and potentially get demoralized again if the same issue crops up. :)

Mostly just because I've been told before to try out more than one service. I'm ~not~ sure Chaturbate is for me and I only did one broadcast on there ever.

If you try out cb, do it with a new account. If you've broadcasted there already but only once, i guess you do not have a lot of followers. If you broadcast with that account, you will be sitting on the one of the last pages of cb and most likely will have a ghost room. Being hardcore at cb is definitely no requirement. The top pages at cb might be "hardcore" but in the end that does not mean that these girls are the most successful in terms of tokens. I am definitely not doing hardcore stuff, but i'm making my 2,000 to 5,000 tokens mostly in my six to seven hour shifts there. Make yourself familiar with apps and bots at cb. They are a must to use, you can use your old account there as a testing ground for apps and bots. I prefer cb over mfc, because the number of people who watch is accurate, whereas at mfc i never knew if there were 500 people watching me from the lounge and i don't even know it.

i was on page 2-4 most of the week and i still feel that the top page isnt all that much better. maybe more paying members are looking at the other pages knowing its easier to get a more personal and greater value for their coins with a smaller room without a ton of user in iy, i think this helps with offering private shows as well as its easier to communicate and arrange a private before hand with the model. its a nice ego boost to know you can land first page but not a necessity to gain great customers that really enjoy and appreciate the extra attention they may get with a 3rd pager.

Interesting how people find what site works best for them and their camming style. I first started at Chaturbate and HATED it - I guess because I really enjoy the non-sexual/connect with viewer side of things as well... which led me to MFC. I like actually getting to know and building relationships/having conversation along with the sexual side of camming (as opposed to Chaturbate where it seemed people would shove cucumbers up their asshole without blinking). Muahahah :shame:
Anyway. Yeah. I am just starting out so my room will be quiet but I still find it fun. I just blab to myself and jam to good tunes! Bad shifts will happen, just do not get frustrated or let that show as no one wants to watch someone who seems burnt out. Make the most of it and just take it as an off-shift and brainstorm ideas for your next show. I am just now starting to get the hang of things, this forum has been very helpful - so much great advice from awesome peeps.

Interesting how people find what site works best for them and their camming style. I first started at Chaturbate and HATED it - I guess because I really enjoy the non-sexual/connect with viewer side of things as well... which led me to MFC. I like actually getting to know and building relationships/having conversation along with the sexual side of camming (as opposed to Chaturbate where it seemed people would shove cucumbers up their asshole without blinking). Muahahah :shame:
Anyway. Yeah. I am just starting out so my room will be quiet but I still find it fun. I just blab to myself and jam to good tunes! Bad shifts will happen, just do not get frustrated or let that show as no one wants to watch someone who seems burnt out. Make the most of it and just take it as an off-shift and brainstorm ideas for your next show. I am just now starting to get the hang of things, this forum has been very helpful - so much great advice from awesome peeps.

I haven't gone live yet, however your points are my thoughts exactly. Very helpful :h:

I think if you have a slow room, the best thing to do is find activities to entertain yourself that might bring in viewers and will keep you online through the slow periods, while talking to yourself to encourage chatting.

Great thought! Does anyone have suggestions for things to do that would be entertaining to watch while it is slow? I end up just logging off when it slows down, but I would like to put in more hours, but need to brainstorm things to do. I'm not a great dancer and my cam room setup isn't conducive to this, I love yoga but am terrible at it, so not so sexy watch...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

I'm on MFC. I'm going to try Chaturbate tomorrow. I did it a looong time ago. Honestly the site kinda intimidates me since everyone seems so hardcore and for the time being I'm a nearly-nude model. I'll get topless, do BJ shows, etc, but I don't feel comfortable taking off my underwear and I feel like that is kind of a requirement for Chaturbate.
I looked into CB seriously before joining MFC and this is EXACTLY the reason I didn't join. My husband and I jokingly call CM the "vagina site" maybe it's just the times that I've been watching but it felt like every room I went into, I was greeted with a vagina in my face. I have no problem with that and everyone has to do what works for them, but I personally am just not comfortable with sitting there for long periods of time with my vagina out unless it's in a one on one show (private, PPM, skype etc). I love the CB layout and setup - I just wish it felt more "ME".

Reactions: AudriTwo
I looked into CB seriously before joining MFC and this is EXACTLY the reason I didn't join. My husband and I jokingly call CM the "vagina site" maybe it's just the times that I've been watching but it felt like every room I went into, I was greeted with a vagina in my face. I have no problem with that and everyone has to do what works for them, but I personally am just not comfortable with sitting there for long periods of time with my vagina out unless it's in a one on one show (private, PPM, skype etc). I love the CB layout and setup - I just wish it felt more "ME".
This was one of the biggest reasons I left CB. Too many girls with their wangs out.

Great thought! Does anyone have suggestions for things to do that would be entertaining to watch while it is slow? I end up just logging off when it slows down, but I would like to put in more hours, but need to brainstorm things to do. I'm not a great dancer and my cam room setup isn't conducive to this, I love yoga but am terrible at it, so not so sexy watch...

Any suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Actually you can do anything what interests you and allows members to see it.

The worst case is a model looking stupid and bored......
OK some examples:
Fixing your clothes or doing any kind of repairs...will most likely generate some comments....
Maybe you want to learn something new.....why not do it in public....and maybe give short summeries of what you learned, maybe some members share that interest........
The point is doing something is better than doing nothing, and if doing something gives you benefits outside of camming even better.....

:)

In my humild opinion (and i think everyone has a valid point about this subject, bcause all experiences have been different) is that:
First, it is a matter of patience. And second, it depends on several factors (which include your mood, your attitude, the traffic on the site that they, the "kind of" traffic in that moment blah blah).
So, regarding the patience... this drives me crazy as i'm a person with low low patience that wants everything to get done at once. This has been not good for me at all, but once i understood how important this was started training myself for being more patient lil by lil and started doing much better (with time).
My theory is... indeed being succesful at camming requires a bit of luck (supposing you are already nice, fun to watch and have enough technical goods), you know? im sure right now there are some nice guys who are willing to have a great time with you and also spend some tokens to enjoy what you can offer to them. But if you are never online bcause "it is too dessert", how are they gonna find you?

And regarding that there are a lot of factors that affect your room traffic. Seriously and honestly i've read lots of forums here and other camming sites. And i've learned a lot about almost all of them. And as i had a tough start (lots of reasons im sure u dont wanna read now), i decided trying lots of things (almost alll lol) those forums talk about. I'm talking about games, raffles, being rude, being funny, planying games, being sarcastic, acting dumb (stupid i know lol), being a "daddys girl", and blah blah. And i'm not gonna tell you none of those things worked, because lots of them actually did. But the truth is, when i started thinking i had found "the thing" that was gonna get me a full room and make me a billionare, then BAAAM... I started having a dessert room again. Some days some things work and sometimes those same things wont. How are we as cam girls gonna know when there are more foot fetish lovers member online? or when are more girls who love the "sweet next door" kinda girl? There is no fuckin way.

So, my conclusion is... it does take time, it does take patience, it does take a lot of work online and also offline creating material and games and all those things, it takes an economical investment, but what it has worked for me the most in average is making myself completely comfortable and giving me the best times. Like if some day i feel like a sex freak, releasing that on cam and act like the horny bunny i am. And the days i feel talkative (either in a sexual or non sexual way) talk for hours.

And tbh, i know im not making lots of money now everyday. But in average, im doing ok. But the best part... i feel so much better. I feel that days camming are worth it even when i did only 10tks. And when i've had those good rewards, i feel great bcause i've received those by being myself (either the nymphomaniac, not sure i spell it right way, sorry, or being the art lover girl).

I truly hope it helps. I wish i had more evidence (in my mfc rank or camscore) of what i think is the best lol.
HUGS HUGS HUGS!!!

A lot of helpful posts on here. Yeah I'm online now as I'm posting this trying to figure out anything at this point...it is a ghost town in here and i just don't know what to do:/ I have been online for hours. Still somehow staying hopeful...prlly from reading all the helpful posts on here:)

• Hugs
Reactions: BellaAurora
I've been on Chaturbate for 8 months and my room still stays at 10-20 people. But I still work the room and never leave empty handed. So I'm not too worried about having a low room count. I just stay active. Dance and be sexy. Everytime someone new comes in I promote my stuff "raffles, dice roll, goal encouragement." When it's quiet I do a quick blowjob tease, show some underboob, or pm someone in my room to start a conversation, then talk out loud with them so I'm not typing too much. If feel I have platued out as far as my earnings and good company, I log off. I had to stop being so mean to myself when things didn't go my way. I figure if I haven't raised my room count by now I probably never will. But I will always continue to make new friends and regulars if I continue to keep a good attitude, have fun and put on a good show. I get on every evening with the mindset that I will do my best with what I am presented with. You have to or else you will feel worse after logging off. This job is supposed to be empowering! It's supposed to make us feel wanted and desired. If you have a bad night blame it on the website, Superbowl, holidays or maybe all of our members just worked really hard today and didn't have there energy to jack off before going to sleep. Lol whatever makes you feel better! But either way if camming is what you want to do. Keep doing it! You got this!

If you have a friend who's willing to watch your shows now and then to keep you company, it might help! You can talk to them, smile, act friendly, etc., and I've found that that helps bring more viewers in sometimes if it's a slow day.

When you have no one in the room, try watching something on TV or on the web (don't show the screen on your cam to avoid TOS copyright issues) and "talk to" whatever you're watching. If it's a movie, cheer on the lead character, or shout warnings at the chick that's about to get whacked. Critique the music videos you're watching or read and comment out loud on Facebook posts. It will help you not feel like you're crazy and talking to yourself, it also gives some openings for whoever comes into your chat to talk about what you are watching or reading. ;)

If you have a friend who's willing to watch your shows now and then to keep you company, it might help! You can talk to them, smile, act friendly, etc., and I've found that that helps bring more viewers in sometimes if it's a slow day.

This saves my ass - I've got two friends who have pretty flexible schedules, so I know I can ping them when I get on and they're good for chatter and sometimes some small tips/flashes to start momentum in the room.

Maybe we should start a call-list of people with perv accounts so we can wander into each other's room for small talk and little tips if someone's having a ghost night?

I started out strong on the first page, but after my first week of camming I had to take a month off.... now I'm always in the last pages and barely make $20 in a shift (this past week, a couple of regulars came in last week and still tipped big).
Several nights in a row this week I made $0 :cry:

Is it even possible to climb back up to the top pages? I know you don't need a lot of people in your room to make money, but it just gets so boring and sad... nobody talks at all or tips. I did my best last night with 30+ people in my room and about 7 of those were token holding viewers, but made >$30 in 7 hours.

Can anyone give me any advice for how to save myself? Should I make a new screen name and start over?:sweating: I have almost 3k followers.
Thanks for your time!♡

Status
Not open for further replies.