AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

How to stay consistent?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SweetSamara

Cam Model
Jan 16, 2015
AZ
Twitter Username
@SamaraMoon__
Tumblr Username
lunarmunchkinqueen
MFC Username
SamaraMoon
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/464209/SamaraMoon/
Hello! So I am sorry if there is another thread like this or if this is not the right place to be posting this. Forgive me! I'm still a noob when it come to forums. But I am in need of some advice or tips on staying motivated and staying consistent with my camming schedule. Do any of you models have any advise on how to stay consistent? Should I try split shifts(Day and Night camming)? Are there any specific time of day that is better on MFC?

The first key to staying consistent is treating this like a job. You cannot get away from skipping a job constantly. Set aside definite times you can work and adhere to them as best as you can. Once you fall into a schedule, it gets easier. Once you develop a routine, you're most of the way there and it becomes second-nature to do these things.

The first key to staying consistent is treating this like a job. You cannot get away from skipping a job constantly. Set aside definite times you can work and adhere to them as best as you can. Once you fall into a schedule, it gets easier. Once you develop a routine, you're most of the way there and it becomes second-nature to do these things.

Thank you! I totally agree! I've been struggling with getting into the mind set that this is a job. Which is something I will be working on. I need to come up with a good schedule. It's just hard to know what time of day is the best. So far it seems evening and night time is the best. But I want to have a some what normal sleeping schedule. And it's hard when you plan a fun show but no one shows up or cares to contribute

Reactions: Val Vega
I do not have any experience with MFC, so the ladies here would certainly be better at answering that. My experience with chaturbate is that I'm not sure there is a best time. Early day there's less people streaming, but there's also less people watching generally. Conversely, more competition at night despite higher viewership.

And yeah, that's the eternal dilemma. This month is being particularly brutal to some models, it seems.

Thank you! I totally agree! I've been struggling with getting into the mind set that this is a job. Which is something I will be working on. I need to come up with a good schedule. It's just hard to know what time of day is the best. So far it seems evening and night time is the best. But I want to have a some what normal sleeping schedule. And it's hard when you plan a fun show but no one shows up or cares to contribute
Time of day honestly depends on what kind of guys are on and what they want. I tried to do day shifts and they royally sucked--it tanked my camscore but I kept going just in case I needed to create regulars and have consistency. I couldn't make day work for me, so I went back to nights. On a good night, I can make $100 an hour, more if I hustle. Some girls, however, languish at night shifts--I'm on from 10-12 CST, sometimes longer if my room is having a great time. Try out different times, see what works for you. Some girls do really well early morning, 4am -7am, some do well midday, some do better afternoon, some early evening, some late at night, etc. It honestly depends.

edit: January is just a sucky month. Gotta shrug those bad days off and realize that soon guys will get paid and the holiday slump will finally be over.

I do not have any experience with MFC, so the ladies here would certainly be better at answering that. My experience with chaturbate is that I'm not sure there is a best time. Early day there's less people streaming, but there's also less people watching generally. Conversely, more competition at night despite higher viewership.

And yeah, that's the eternal dilemma. This month is being particularly brutal to some models, it seems.
Time of day honestly depends on what kind of guys are on and what they want. I tried to do day shifts and they royally sucked--it tanked my camscore but I kept going just in case I needed to create regulars and have consistency. I couldn't make day work for me, so I went back to nights. On a good night, I can make $100 an hour, more if I hustle. Some girls, however, languish at night shifts--I'm on from 10-12 CST, sometimes longer if my room is having a great time. Try out different times, see what works for you. Some girls do really well early morning, 4am -7am, some do well midday, some do better afternoon, some early evening, some late at night, etc. It honestly depends.

edit: January is just a sucky month. Gotta shrug those bad days off and realize that soon guys will get paid and the holiday slump will finally be over.

Thanks! I think I'm I might try morning and night camming and see what works better. I've been camming for 2 years on and off and still haven't really had a chance to pinpoint the,best time for me. But I think it's going to be night time for sure. I just need to figured out a sleep schedule that will work with that too. I wish I could take naps like some models do.
Also my camscore is pretty sad. Which I'm sure is a factor

I've been on Chaturbate since the end of October. I really love the site and have Several regulars now. Times on there I think are different for each model. I have been doing 2 shows a day one daytime and one evening to see where my best time is. I've found that I have good tippers at both times but the biggest thing is just setting a schedule and sticking to it.

This month has been really tough, but I'm still pushing through because it won't last forever:)

Just try a few different times, pick a schedule that you enjoy because if you set a schedule you hate, it will show eventually.

:)

Am I the only one who fails most when treating this "like a job"? I find I'm most consistent when I think of this as my evening hobby.

Also, I've gotten fired from every job I've ever had...that might explain it. When I think of this as one, it just becomes something to skip and not something to look forward to as funtime.

I do best thinking of this as a video game I'm obsessed with. Just real enough to get invested but separate enough to not let it get to me.

Honestly the thing for me that helped with consistency was realizing that the bills were going to come whether or not I worked. That got my ass up really quick haha. So maybe try thinking of it like that?

Managing yourself is the hardest thing ever,I still struggle sometimes. But to echo what @VeronicaChaos said, treat it like something fun. Plan things that are fun to do, so that you don't have to fake enthusiasm etc. Camming should be something you look forward to, and if you don't, try switching sites or hustle styles and see where that takes you.

Am I the only one who fails most when treating this "like a job"? I find I'm most consistent when I think of this as my evening hobby.

Don't get me wrong, I'm as allergic to steady employment as anyone can be; however, it does help me to have a consistent schedule. Most of my income comes from very devoted regulars that may not otherwise be able to see me if I did not get on at set times.

I'm also new to this, but what's helped me so far is:

1. Splitting shifts like you mentioned. I do a few hours in the early to mid morning, and then another few starting at around 8pm. This helps me stay fresh for both times, because I don't get get too tired and lose my charisma. I find that if I'm less energetic, the room can easily tell.

2. Think out loud. I'm already a blabbermouth in person, but what I've been doing is just thinking out loud when I get on cam. It helps the conversation and gets members talking, but also keeps me from feeling like this is nothing but work. This is definitely work, but if I start to feel like I'm literally clocking in day in and day out, it's going to bring me down and make me less consistent.

3. Set actual times. So I just tell myself that each day, from 8:30 to 10:30am and from 8:00 to 11:00pm I'm going to be on. You have to be your own boss about it, and give yourself a little kick in the butt to make sure you start on time. Just like with any activity starting is the hardest part. If you can get into the habit of it, it'll become second nature to do it at the same time everyday.

Also, I've gotten fired from every job I've ever had...that might explain it. When I think of this as one, it just becomes something to skip and not something to look forward to as funtime.

I do best thinking of this as a video game I'm obsessed with. Just real enough to get invested but separate enough to not let it get to me.

Regular jobs never seemed to work out because for one I'm a very socially anxious but also I'm not good at being on someone elses schedule. I generally like to go with the flow and let my life happen organically. Even though I need to think of camming as a job if I want to be making a living doing this. But maybe NOT thinking of it like a job and more of a hobby is the key to being consistent and keeping it fun and not a chore. I guess I just need to change my perspective a bit.

I'm also new to this, but what's helped me so far is:

1. Splitting shifts like you mentioned. I do a few hours in the early to mid morning, and then another few starting at around 8pm. This helps me stay fresh for both times, because I don't get get too tired and lose my charisma. I find that if I'm less energetic, the room can easily tell.

2. Think out loud. I'm already a blabbermouth in person, but what I've been doing is just thinking out loud when I get on cam. It helps the conversation and gets members talking, but also keeps me from feeling like this is nothing but work. This is definitely work, but if I start to feel like I'm literally clocking in day in and day out, it's going to bring me down and make me less consistent.

3. Set actual times. So I just tell myself that each day, from 8:30 to 10:30am and from 8:00 to 11:00pm I'm going to be on. You have to be your own boss about it, and give yourself a little kick in the butt to make sure you start on time. Just like with any activity starting is the hardest part. If you can get into the habit of it, it'll become second nature to do it at the same time everyday.

I really like the thinking out loud idea. I think it'll also help me feel less awkward when the room is quiet. Thank you so much for the tips!

I've found that taking actual time for myself is imperative to sticking to a cam schedule. I know it sounds weird but being able to unplug every day for a little while is the kind of re-charge that I need to stay motivated and enjoy myself online.

I also like the talking out loud idea. Something else I do during the day is I keep a post-it note with me and when somthing interesting happens or I have an odd thought I write it down. That way later I have a list of things to help keep conversation flowing.

I know exactly what you mean about a regular job, I really struggle with anxiety especially in a work-based environment where things are expected of me and I might make mistakes. In fact it's the main reason I got into camming and even though I've only had a few shifts I have noticed a definite improvement with my mind-set in general.

I think as long as you try to have fun with it and remember that we all have good and bad days no matter what job we are doing, sticking to a routine will be a lot easier.
Regular jobs never seemed to work out because for one I'm a very socially anxious but also I'm not good at being on someone elses schedule. I generally like to go with the flow and let my life happen organically. Even though I need to think of camming as a job if I want to be making a living doing this. But maybe NOT thinking of it like a job and more of a hobby is the key to being consistent and keeping it fun and not a chore. I guess I just need to change my perspective a bit.

You're such a clever lady! While I've never been fired your post did resonate with me.

I used to cam and film clips so much more often when I was traveling and it WAS more of a side hobby.

I've increasingly been trying to make myself stick to tight schedules and treat this like a proper job. And I've about burnt out doing so.

Treating it like a video game is such a fucking brilliant idea!!

I'm just coming back to camming, and I hope that I can stay as excited as I am right now. I love attention so I hope that keeps it from becoming a chore. I'm just unsure of how to flirt on cam... Like I'm great irl. Just feel funny on cam where I can't see the guys reaction. Any tips on how to get better at it, and dirty talk, I am horrible at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.