AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

hubby and I did our first live cam show last night

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd say we did pretty good given that it nearly 1:00 am by the time we logged on. we were only on for about 2 hours because we knew we'd need to get up and take care of our kiddo so staying on for 4 hours or more wasn't really feasible for us. we made 66.25 and our minimum payout was 100.00 so I want to get on again tonight and see what we can do but I think we'll get on a bit earlier like by 10pm if possible. we were streaming in 1080p but our webcam is capable of 4k so that was confusing but at least we had fun and apparently so did some of the members lol.

I'd say we did pretty good given that it nearly 1:00 am by the time we logged on. we were only on for about 2 hours because we knew we'd need to get up and take care of our kiddo so staying on for 4 hours or more wasn't really feasible for us. we made 66.25 and our minimum payout was 100.00 so I want to get on again tonight and see what we can do but I think we'll get on a bit earlier like by 10pm if possible. we were streaming in 1080p but our webcam is capable of 4k so that was confusing but at least we had fun and apparently so did some of the members lol.
Congrats, glad to hear it went well 🩵

Reactions: autumnstorm423
Congrats! Would you mind sharing which hashtags you were using?

On SM we use tags instead of hashtags, but other people have to give them to you. They are kind of silly, because they don't even need to have spent any money or have gotten a show to tag you. You can decide which ones you allow through, but even the blocked ones still show up on search results. I used to call them "cheap guy's revenge" because if you said no, or didn't want a show with someone, they could tag you something negative as revenge.

Which had no bearing on how you treat paying customers at all. I still think they are kind of a joke, because models mainly just give them to each other. But support has gotten better at not approving negative or abusive ones over the years, or letting them even through to the model. But a lot of times models on these forums will be happy to tag you things in exchange for tags back. They do it on their member accounts. And tags are not a joke, in that certain tags trend and will attract people to your room, looking for certain things.

Just more a joke as far as actually being left by a user, who paid for a show. For example I could be shite at CBT, but ask 10 friends to tag me 'amazing CBT", and that would make the guys think I'm actually good at it, and none of those ten tags would have come from anyone who ever got CBT from me. And there's a brief history on SM tags, absolutely no one asked for 😆

Last edited:
Ok I assumed this was Chaturbate. Never mind (and that's a really weird way to do things, SM). I would not want to see the tags people had for me. 🤣
if we don't like them or don't think they're relevant we can block the tags so they don't show up when members view our profile.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
if we don't like them or don't think they're relevant we can block the tags so they don't show up when members view our profile.
Unfortunately they still show up on in site searches for that tag though. Or they always have unless things changed recently. So when people tag you as revenge (or just plain ignorance thinking they are "helping out") for a fetish you don't do, you still come up in the search result for being tagged that fetish.

• Wat?!
Unfortunately they still show up on in site searches for that tag though. Or they always have unless things changed recently. So when people tag you as revenge for a fetish you don't do, you still come up in the search result for being tagged that fetish.
The childishness of people never ceases to amaze me.

Reactions: MarieElise
so then we'd probably have to reach out to SM to have them removed
Yes, and they will do that at the Liz email address.

I hope someday we can have tags under our own immediate control completely. Then we could emphasize the things we actually are willing, and want, to do more.

Oh it's valid -- there are no bills in my name. It's all registered in hubby's name.
oh ok. yeah 7 years ago they didn't require all this stuff. I guess that's their anti-human trafficking thing it's good that they try but it's not fool proof and this is inconvenient for some of us.

oh ok. yeah 7 years ago they didn't require all this stuff. I guess that's their anti-human trafficking thing it's good that they try but it's not fool proof and this is inconvenient for some of us.
I'm happy they are so strict now. I'd be a lot happier if the only law ever made again about our industry is raising the age to begin to 19.

I say nothing wrong with being strict it was a little inconvenient but at least they make sure you are who you say you are and are 100% of age. 19 or even 20 would be a great minimum age. 18 year olds are often still very immature and rarely think things through.

Reactions: MarieElise
Ok I assumed this was Chaturbate. Never mind (and that's a really weird way to do things, SM). I would not want to see the tags people had for me. 🤣

It’s just one more thing that I’ve always hated about Streamate…that I have to see a racist tag just sitting there in my blocked tags list.

HUH, the fact others can just give you tags seems like a VERY bad idea.. people are freaking spiteful on the internet, never knew it actually worked like that on SM, but then again, one of the sites I NEVER used.

is it active if just ONE person gives you the tag, or several people at least have to do it before it shows up?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
HUH, the fact others can just give you tags seems like a VERY bad idea.. people are freaking spiteful on the internet, never knew it actually worked like that on SM, but then again, one of the sites I NEVER used.

is it active if just ONE person gives you the tag, or several people at least have to do it before it shows up?
just one. model can block, but then still shows up on in site searches for that tag, even if it doesn't show on model's profile.

However, tags are moderated now. So it used to be you could tag any model any spiteful thing, now those are cut off first, and don't go through to the model's profile. That's only a recent change though (as in the last year or so, which is recent to me, since I've been there 8 years as a main site). Abusive tags used to be way more frequent than they are now. I can't even remember the last abusive one I got, it's been so long.

they aren't always spiteful, sometimes they are just inaccurate too, and you don't want to be asked a million times a night for a fetish you rarely do, or didn't ask anyone to tag you on. and sometimes they just plain make no sense, and aren't even words in the english language. sometimes spiteful users, sometimes other models and studio managers, who are jealous and spiteful. although that can get them banned from the site, when their IP gets recognized for that stuff :party:

We can also do reports, so if someone harrasses me or gets abusive toward me or others in my chat, I report them. Then their account gets tagged, and they get looked into and scrutinized. Especially when a bunch of models are all reporting them. Ofcourse I also report for illegal acts, and any kind of talk of illegal acts too.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Wuggie
Status
Not open for further replies.