AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I feel so stupid... chaturbate scammed

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wooooooow my gf and I are going on chaturbate soon I’m glad I saw all this before starting out!!!!!!!! Thank you guys!!!

I see fake tip images being used on new models all the time on CB. If the model is lucky, there is someone (like me) telling them that they're fake.
Yep, this is the little bit of "white knighting" I will do; if I see a model with a "new" tag I will visit to see if any scumbags are trying to scam the model. Caught and reported two of the assholes so far. One of the most satisfying feelings ever. I always hope that the idiots that come here whining that they got banned for using fake tips are here because of me.
ALso this applies to light blue - as the majority of them are holding on to just 1 token to remain a colour so they can 1) Talk in all rooms that don't allow greys to talk, and 2) To make it look like they may have a bunch of tokens.
Actually, once you buy tokens on CB you will always be light blue, much like becoming a "Premium" member on MFC by buying tokens at least once. I am not sure the the light blue status ever times out, but I have an account that has not had tokens for eight months and I still show as light blue when I use it.

Reactions: Gia_Xo
Yep, this is the little bit of "white knighting" I will do; if I see a model with a "new" tag I will visit to see if any scumbags are trying to scam the model. Caught and reported two of the assholes so far. One of the most satisfying feelings ever. I always hope that the idiots that come here whining that they got banned for using fake tips are here because of me.

Actually, once you buy tokens on CB you will always be light blue, much like becoming a "Premium" member on MFC by buying tokens at least once. I am not sure the the light blue status ever times out, but I have an account that has not had tokens for eight months and I still show as light blue when I use it.

This is incorrect and should not happen but does glitch. If you was to go and post using said account, it would then most likely switch you back to grey. You MUST have at least 1 token to be a light blue on CB.
Sometimes I have managed to remain a Dark Purple when I shouldn't be, it happens - or sometimes it won't change me back from light blue to dark purple or any other colour, if I change the settings in the gear bit to show highest room colour of myself.

Reactions: Mila_
This is incorrect and should not happen but does glitch. If you was to go and post using said account, it would then most likely switch you back to grey. You MUST have at least 1 token to be a light blue on CB.
Sometimes I have managed to remain a Dark Purple when I shouldn't be, it happens - or sometimes it won't change me back from light blue to dark purple or any other colour, if I change the settings in the gear bit to show highest room colour of myself.
I use and post with the account all the time and I keep hoping it will be come a grey again. But I do not think this is a glitch and that it is the intended behaviour. I found this buried deep in the documentation for the CB App/Bot API:

Chaturbate API said:
and lightblue (users who own or have purchased tokens)

I take this to mean "have purchased tokens at any time in the past".

See https://chaturbate.com/apps/docs/api/cb.sendNotice.html

I use and post with the account all the time and I keep hoping it will be come a grey again. But I do not think this is a glitch and that it is the intended behaviour. I found this buried deep in the documentation for the CB App/Bot API:

I take this to mean "have purchased tokens at any time in the past".

See https://chaturbate.com/apps/docs/api/cb.sendNotice.html
Yeah I always assumed “greys” were like “basics” on MFC where it means they’ve just never purchased tokens.

Well for me it has always reverted back to grey after the 2 week period of my last tipping and I have 0 tokens.
I have had multiple accounts and it has always done this with me.

I can only speak for myself and those I have seen go from having tokens to 0 tokens and turning back to grey and i have seen it happen to plenty of guys.
Hopefully @punker barbie can step in and say for us. I have never maintained a light blue if I spent all tokens and then spend no more after the 2 week period.

It's why so many guys keep 1 token - unless they changed it which of course they may have.

Edit
I think it's just wording because you don't have to BUY tokens in order to own some, if you think.. people can send you a token if you have been verified

Edit 2:
I have emailed support asking, as I am now curious about this and it will bug my mind without an answer lol

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Hopefully @punker barbie can step in and say for us
I feel like she’s on some sort of hiatus. She doesn’t even seem to have assistant people helping with her posts for nearly a month or more.

Gonna have to re-evaluate how stuff works if she’s not really here anymore.

CB changed it so that if you have ever "bought" tokens, your account will remain light blue forever - the number of tokens on your account (it can sit at zero) will not remove your "light blue" status. I have multiple light blue accounts that have zero tokens on them and have been with 0 tokens for excess of 6 months.

Funnily enough, I have seen this same topic brought up again and again in other threads :p

If you are a broadcaster and use your last token, and have never bought tokens, your account will revert back to grey. I have seen this occur, there is no "time" limit to this, once you spend your last token your account will turn grey pretty much straight away.

Seems like a wiki of 'Common Scams' would be a helpful thing to have around. Especially if it covered all the different types of scams, including those committed by members, by studios, by third-party vendors, etc.

Seems like a wiki of 'Common Scams' would be a helpful thing to have around. Especially if it covered all the different types of scams, including those committed by members, by studios, by third-party vendors, etc.
I started one here but have failed to continue to get help in keeping things updated and getting more info posted at CGW.

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Scams

CB changed it so that if you have ever "bought" tokens, your account will remain light blue forever - the number of tokens on your account (it can sit at zero) will not remove your "light blue" status. I have multiple light blue accounts that have zero tokens on them and have been with 0 tokens for excess of 6 months.

Funnily enough, I have seen this same topic brought up again and again in other threads :p

If you are a broadcaster and use your last token, and have never bought tokens, your account will revert back to grey. I have seen this occur, there is no "time" limit to this, once you spend your last token your account will turn grey pretty much straight away.

Ahhhh ok this makes sense!
I have 3 accounts. A main one that I buy or get tokens sent to, then I used 2 other ones (all 3 verified by the way - but not a broadcaster) for testing or snooping in rooms when I had no tokens and not to be pestered etc. Then on one of those I bought tokens and have kept it with just one token and not bought more with it (as it was not intended as my tipping/main account). I have always got tokens in my main account. Then I started to use the second "snoop" account (probably for the past 10months) but had never BOUGHT tokens with this, I have only ever sent myself tokens in it (I am a chatty guy so start chatting to models on it, get to know them, then want to tip and it seems easier to tip from that account than saying "oh hey let me login to my main account.." ). So this definitely makes sense, it was the newest account that I have obviously been holding one token to..

I tested and you're absolutely right.
I think they need to do something like how StripChat does though. For people that USED to own tokens (have purchased at all) it says NAMEexgreen and the name is in grey (i can't find a superscript bbcode button so can't show it properly) - people without ever buying are pure grey with nothing more next to their name.

Reactions: jekster
Status
Not open for further replies.