AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I made 1 token in an hour

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I first saw this thread was thinking... I was on for way more than 1 hour and didn't spend 1 token... but that is not unusual, especially lately as I can't seem to find what I need in a model. In the end the others posting were far harsher than my initial thoughts.

In short 1 hour is not enough time to develop much interest or passion from members, those who get tipped earlier usually have 'regular' interest or a particular targeted talent for chasing down those tips.
My impression; I think you are cute enough, I would try being more adult on cam, just ask for what you want, and offer what you like to share with your members.

Sounds like you just had a slow day. You will have good days and bad ones. And i disagree with not showing or doing anything for free somewhat. To attract customers in your room you will have to show more to get them in there.. tease and show your best feature naked.. if you are on naked and giving a good show and you still dont get tipped then its just gona be a slow day for you... You can have a topic to see more like oil rub, bj tease, spanks, dance, close up tease or much more anything your comfortable doing. There are plenty of things you can do even when your already naked. If you do start getting tips then you can start changing your topic and say something like tip to keep my panties off and so on. Going on and expecting tips with clothes on is not going to work unless you have regulars who spoil you. Its a very competitive business. If the girl next to you is naked and your not customers will probably be more likely to stay in their room and not yours. You may have to reverse your strategy when you first go on and test it. Obviously if you already have a sold fan base and regular customers you should show less a lot more and give initiative to tip by not giving it for free to the rest of the viewers who dont tip makes the tippers feel more special your making it more personal that way...but your strategy will change the more successful you become so like I said you should try going on cam showing more and tease and see how it gos.

All of this is the worst advice in the world for a new model. Don't listen to any of this.

More traffic DOES NOT always equal paying traffic. There are days where I have had 250 people in my room and no one tipped. There was also a day where I happened to log in and made an absurd amount of money in two hours, He was one of like 30 people who was in my room when he started tipping.

Yes, you'll need to do things to attract people into your room, but that doesn't have to involve any nudity at all. Why should a member tip you if you're giving what they want to see for free? Sure there are a few members out there who will be nice, honourable, or appreciative and tip because they like what they see, but those people are so rare compared with the ones who just want to see something for free and will never ever tip.

Make really good use of the model tags. When members search for certain types of models or fetishes or whatever via tags, I have usually found them to be the type to want to tip a model for something specific.

"Going on and expecting tips with clothes on is not going to work unless you have regulars who spoil you."

That part is complete and utter bullshit. When I started out as a model, I never got nude in public. If someone wanted to see nudity, they had to take me private. I made over $250 my first day, mostly from privates. No one got any preview flashes for free. I didn't have any regulars who "just wanted to spoil" me because it was my first day.

While I am not strictly non-nude in public chat, so long as tips for flashes or countdowns are met, I am non-nude the vast majority of the time and have been for the two years that I have been a model.

Another reason why this is terrible advice is because "regulars" are not necessarily the key to camming success. Of course it is great to have loyal regulars, I won't dispute that at all, but no matter what, you always need to make an effort to get new members to like and tip you if you want to succeed. Relying on regulars will only make both the model and regulars feel burned out and frustrated. For a new camgirl, you will be learning how to make new members, the trick is to learn to always continue making new members.

If the girl next to you is naked and your not customers will probably be more likely to stay in their room and not yours.

Again, terrible advice.

Unless you are watching another camgirl to learn from her, what other camgirls do in their rooms shouldn't matter at all when you are broadcasting.

Maybe that other girl is naked because members cleared her countdown. Maybe she's naked and has a hundred non-tipping members enjoying a free show. Maybe she's the type who is just better at getting more tips when she's already naked (very difficult!). None of that should matter to you though. If you're naked and only naked because she's naked, where's the benefit for that for you? Did you get any of the tokens someone else spent to get her naked? No. Just do you.

Sounds like you just had a slow day. You will have good days and bad ones. And i disagree with not showing or doing anything for free somewhat. To attract customers in your room you will have to show more to get them in there.. tease and show your best feature naked.. if you are on naked and giving a good show and you still dont get tipped then its just gona be a slow day for you... You can have a topic to see more like oil rub, bj tease, spanks, dance, close up tease or much more anything your comfortable doing. There are plenty of things you can do even when your already naked. If you do start getting tips then you can start changing your topic and say something like tip to keep my panties off and so on. Going on and expecting tips with clothes on is not going to work unless you have regulars who spoil you. Its a very competitive business. If the girl next to you is naked and your not customers will probably be more likely to stay in their room and not yours. You may have to reverse your strategy when you first go on and test it. Obviously if you already have a sold fan base and regular customers you should show less a lot more and give initiative to tip by not giving it for free to the rest of the viewers who dont tip makes the tippers feel more special your making it more personal that way...but your strategy will change the more successful you become so like I said you should try going on cam showing more and tease and see how it gos.
Fuck alllllll of this. Nope nope nope. I'm pretty much brand new and I can smell the bullshit.

Also common sense tells you if your on for an hour or 2 and its dead then its not the right time to be on. A girl said she went on for 2 hours and it was slow then all sudden started getting tipped.. if that happens write it down..the time. keep a log.. that time she got tipped might be a busier time to go on and not the 2 hours earlier.

Common sense tried to tell you in the other thread that the "Logging off after 15 minutes cuz it's dead" method doesn't work well on MFC. Keep doing that, and you won't even make the $20 minimum on MFC to get paid, and you will have only spent a total of...wait for it...1 hour and a half per week on MFC. Lol.

All of this is the worst advice in the world for a new model. Don't listen to any of this.

More traffic DOES NOT always equal paying traffic. There are days where I have had 250 people in my room and no one tipped. There was also a day where I happened to log in and made an absurd amount of money in two hours, He was one of like 30 people who was in my room when he started tipping.

Yes, you'll need to do things to attract people into your room, but that doesn't have to involve any nudity at all. Why should a member tip you if you're giving what they want to see for free? Sure there are a few members out there who will be nice, honourable, or appreciative and tip because they like what they see, but those people are so rare compared with the ones who just want to see something for free and will never ever tip.

Make really good use of the model tags. When members search for certain types of models or fetishes or whatever via tags, I have usually found them to be the type to want to tip a model for something specific.

"Going on and expecting tips with clothes on is not going to work unless you have regulars who spoil you."

That part is complete and utter bullshit. When I started out as a model, I never got nude in public. If someone wanted to see nudity, they had to take me private. I made over $250 my first day, mostly from privates. No one got any preview flashes for free. I didn't have any regulars who "just wanted to spoil" me because it was my first day.

While I am not strictly non-nude in public chat, so long as tips for flashes or countdowns are met, I am non-nude the vast majority of the time and have been for the two years that I have been a model.

Another reason why this is terrible advice is because "regulars" are not necessarily the key to camming success. Of course it is great to have loyal regulars, I won't dispute that at all, but no matter what, you always need to make an effort to get new members to like and tip you if you want to succeed. Relying on regulars will only make both the model and regulars feel burned out and frustrated. For a new camgirl, you will be learning how to make new members, the trick is to learn to always continue making new members.

If the girl next to you is naked and your not customers will probably be more likely to stay in their room and not yours.

Again, terrible advice.

Unless you are watching another camgirl to learn from her, what other camgirls do in their rooms shouldn't matter at all when you are broadcasting.

Maybe that other girl is naked because members cleared her countdown. Maybe she's naked and has a hundred non-tipping members enjoying a free show. Maybe she's the type who is just better at getting more tips when she's already naked (very difficult!). None of that should matter to you though. If you're naked and only naked because she's naked, where's the benefit for that for you? Did you get any of the tokens someone else spent to get her naked? No. Just do you.
Well you have your opinion. I was trying to give her helpful advice.And pretty much all of what I said was takin out of context and twisted. What worked for you when you started may not work for someone else. My self was doing basically the same thing you did, that is fine it does work at times and my advice works too. The point of drawing traffic in your room is aslo common sense the more people in your room the higher chances you will have of tippers. That is the general idea. Of course having a lot of customers in your room doesnt mean you will have a good day. You can make in a shift just an example...100 dollars 1 day with 10 people in there or 10 dollars with 100 people in there. It depends on who is in there, when you are camming and many other factors. Members will see your avatar, a preview of your room and your name first thats the first step to getting them in your room. What other models are failing to tell you is that the fact is you will have good days and bad days and it can be discouraging when one day you do well and the next its slow that is just how it works. And also models who are already successful and have a solid fan base, get traffic and are more popular will not have to show as much and these models will operate their room differently then models like you who are just starting out. More successful models can also have a high number count down because of those reasons that is also common sense actually. But for you, you do whatever it takes to make it work for you you will have to work hard and just remember there will always be slow times you dont make money you just have to learn from it try different times keep trying difference things until you find what works such as what you put in your topic to what you wear... to your avatar ..just everything. Write a log and keep track of the times it works out and when it doesnt withing a few months you may see a pattern. Anything and everything counts. Also if you have the mind set that it doesnt really matter how many are in my room it does. The person that comes in your room and tips you on a day you have 10 people in there is still the same person if there were 80 people in there.. the only difference is youve done something to attract more customers which gives you a higher chance of making more money from those other customers. Also if your naked obviously you dont just stay naked if nothing is happening then obviously you have freeloaders so try something else. There is a balance if you are naked and you dont get tips from your topic or anything your promoting then just ask politely for tips to keep yourself naked..you can be creative about it. If that still doesnt work then it is just a bad time to be on OR your doing something wrong .. such as your attitude...its very important... always enjoy yourself and show it those vibes are picked up on. If your feeling crapy discouraged insecure then it will attract the same type of people. Dont think about.. tip tip tip me.. think about something else that makes you happy think about your goals or just anything but dont focus on getting tips customers are more likely to tip you if you if they sense your enjoying yourself and really want to be there with them. If your feeling discouraged and its dead get off. try again another time and change it up. Regardless of what some other model may say Im speaking from experience to what has worked for me. If you have strategies and keep trying and it is what you want to pursue then its not impossible for anyone. Read everything in the mfc wiki. Be familiar with math, tokens and how things work. You should go online and be confident that you have a good idea how you will plan your time online and a plan b. Hope this helps and if you have any questions I would be happy to help out .

Common sense tried to tell you in the other thread that the "Logging off after 15 minutes cuz it's dead" method doesn't work well on MFC. Keep doing that, and you won't even make the $20 minimum on MFC to get paid, and you will have only spent a total of...wait for it...1 hour and a half per week on MFC. Lol.
Well I dont know why the drama is necessary. Yes when it is a bad time lets say when its a nice day all over the united states which may be the majority of where customers are from maybe.. and people are out there is usually less in my room but I still decide to try I give it 15 to 30 mins and then get off and try again in 15 to 30. Sometimes I hit the window and it speeds up and sometimes it doesnt. In that case try a different shift that day. My issue is the time. When you have another job and trying to figure out if you should quit to make mfc a full time job you want to make the right decision so I am just trying to get the best out of it because I am seriously thinking of doing that. About half of what I have made has been offline tips so its worked out that way. I dont know about you but you cant have a cam score of 1500 and only make 20 dollars. And I actually work on mfc just 5 to 10 hours a week. On a really good day I may stay on for 2-4 hours, average day an hour and slow days not too long..and my score has stayed pretty stable. Just need to put in more time on there. Is there any models on here who are making mfc full time?

Well I dont know why the drama is necessary.

No drama here. We were trying to help out paintynr0se since you were on here giving her bad advice.

Even if my advice or comments were not agreed with by you or others why turn it into drama. I like the idea of having a place to communicate with other models but dont get the attacks. And Im not sure what a cam model such as myself could be jealous about. Not sure why everyone is so defensive. Regarding how mfc works..I would like to say that there are a few top models I think are really talented and beautiful I have no ill thought towards any model because I do not even know them. Im just giving out my opinion and what Iv learned. If some of it really is not the truth then why cant anyone be cordial about it? Why not? show me where I am wrong?

Last edited:
Well you have your opinion. I was trying to give her helpful advice.And pretty much all of what I said was takin out of context and twisted. What worked for you when you started may not work for someone else. My self was doing basically the same thing you did, that is fine it does work at times and my advice works too. The point of drawing traffic in your room is aslo common sense the more people in your room the higher chances you will have of tippers. That is the general idea. Of course having a lot of customers in your room doesnt mean you will have a good day. You can make in a shift just an example...100 dollars 1 day with 10 people in there or 10 dollars with 100 people in there. It depends on who is in there, when you are camming and many other factors. Members will see your avatar, a preview of your room and your name first thats the first step to getting them in your room. What other models are failing to tell you is that the fact is you will have good days and bad days and it can be discouraging when one day you do well and the next its slow that is just how it works. And also models who are already successful and have a solid fan base, get traffic and are more popular will not have to show as much and these models will operate their room differently then models like you who are just starting out. More successful models can also have a high number count down because of those reasons that is also common sense actually. But for you, you do whatever it takes to make it work for you you will have to work hard and just remember there will always be slow times you dont make money you just have to learn from it try different times keep trying difference things until you find what works such as what you put in your topic to what you wear... to your avatar ..just everything. Write a log and keep track of the times it works out and when it doesnt withing a few months you may see a pattern. Anything and everything counts. Also if you have the mind set that it doesnt really matter how many are in my room it does. The person that comes in your room and tips you on a day you have 10 people in there is still the same person if there were 80 people in there.. the only difference is youve done something to attract more customers which gives you a higher chance of making more money from those other customers. Also if your naked obviously you dont just stay naked if nothing is happening then obviously you have freeloaders so try something else. There is a balance if you are naked and you dont get tips from your topic or anything your promoting then just ask politely for tips to keep yourself naked..you can be creative about it. If that still doesnt work then it is just a bad time to be on OR your doing something wrong .. such as your attitude...its very important... always enjoy yourself and show it those vibes are picked up on. If your feeling crapy discouraged insecure then it will attract the same type of people. Dont think about.. tip tip tip me.. think about something else that makes you happy think about your goals or just anything but dont focus on getting tips customers are more likely to tip you if you if they sense your enjoying yourself and really want to be there with them. If your feeling discouraged and its dead get off. try again another time and change it up. Regardless of what some other model may say Im speaking from experience to what has worked for me. If you have strategies and keep trying and it is what you want to pursue then its not impossible for anyone. Read everything in the mfc wiki. Be familiar with math, tokens and how things work. You should go online and be confident that you have a good idea how you will plan your time online and a plan b. Hope this helps and if you have any questions I would be happy to help out .

I didn't take anything out of context or twist it around.

Naked girls will get better traffic than clothed girls because there are a TON of members who know that they can watch as much as they like for free. So when a camgirl is naked, she will get tons and tons of those members who are getting exactly what they're looking for who know that they don't have to spend a single token. And none of them plan to spend any money either. That's just the way it is, and unfortunately this is exactly why more viewers does not equate to more tips.

I already said that there will be good and slow days. As an experienced model (of two years) I was immediately able to spot this girls very newbie mistakes, stuff that would be a mistake whether or not it's a slow day. She is simply giving away too much for free.

Maybe you're the kind of person who likes to see a girl naked before you tip her. If that's the case, that's really nice of you, but please understand that if that is the case, then you are very much in the minority.

Even if my advice or comments were not agreed with by you or others why turn it into drama. I like the idea of having a place to communicate with other models but dont get the attacks. And Im not sure what a cam model such as myself could be jealous about. Not sure why everyone is so defensive. Regarding how mfc works..I would like to say that there are a few top models I think are really talented and beautiful I have no ill thought towards any model because I do not even know them. Im just giving out my opinion and what Iv learned. If some of it really is not the truth then why cant anyone be cordial about it? Why not? show me where I am wrong?
Don't think anyone is making a drama apart from you. You gave your advice we gave ours. your comments haven't been twisted or taken out of context but taken at face value. Your giving advice to a new cam girl and it's just not good advice end of. Being that you spoke about your tanking cam score in your other thread I don't know that you are in the best position to give advice to anyone. Like amber said leave that to models who know what they are talking about. Just out of interest I would love to know how long you have been camming in MFC for since it comes across as you are very new to camming in general.

This is driving me crazy... I know I need patience but today it was... just too SLOW, it did made me upset. I am sorry you just got one token... I got like 15 today -_- and like in streamate no private.... AH.... kinda .... XD I just... IDK.... Very frustrating.

My first night was great, my cam score back then was like 500 sometimes, and I actually made 150 usd.
-_- .... that day in stream mate I made another 40, it was ok...

I did change my strategy thou... got an HD, put music on, great chat, no freebies... UNTIL i got impatient and just went topless, but just that... but still... I hope next time I do better.

Haha I just wanna cry and stab my fans, with love of course.

Today was better, it seems my clients don't like the "cute" look.

To answer Melody's question: Yes, I am a full-time cam model on MFC (I quit my job two weeks after I started, actually, because I was making so much more on there), and no, I never get off that quickly lmao. I do, however, often get on early if I see a lot of my regulars are online, and hope they will come to my room (they usually do). Which means MORE work than on an average day. But guess what you need to do in order to have a full list of regulars? Stay on long enough to get them.

Just as some anecdotal firewood.... The vast majority of girls I stop by at are clothed and are NOT naked. The girls/women I have spent the most on are either non or semi nude, not the "flop-it-on-the-table-here-it-is" girls.... It also helps immensely, tip wise, to be able to converse on the world around us and not just suck on a bowl every 5 minutes ....

My2centavos

Camming is hard...it takes long hours, lots of tech and financial investments and tons of creativity to succeed. Too many people think that if you have genitalia you will be a good sex worker...the opposite is true.

Having said that, MFC is a different beast and it can be very hard. I've done 3 shifts on there cumulatively, just to kinda feel it out etc. If you're newer though, you need to understand that the tokens will trickle in. My last shift there a year ago I made $35 in 4 hours. I was really surprised that I even made that, but I have never worked harder at camming than I did in those 4 hours. MFC is hard and to come at it without some research and a game plan is to set yourself up for failure. Personally I love MFC though so I'll be back pretty soon in a more full time capacity.

Also understand that this takes time. Even on a private based site, if you are new, the chances of scooping an amazing paycheck the first few weeks are slim. One of the premiums on MFC even told me "this stuff takes time on here" and he was right.

Learn from the experience you had and decided whether or not you would like to put in the time and effort that it takes to be successful in this line of work. There is no shame in deciding that it or the site is not for you.

Double your odds of making money by running 2 cam sites at the same time. We started doing this in week one of camming. It can get a little crazy at times and if it does just stop one of them. Of course you have to have the equipment or computer horsepower to do so. We also have the benefit of performing as a couple more then 50% of the time which gives us both something to tend to. Streamate and Chaturbate has been our main combination. When we get a private show on Chaturbate or a Tip to perform we just turn the Streamate webcam up so that it shows our heads or sometimes nothing but the wall. The SM customers can still hear us and it often ends up with getting a paid chat on Streamate as well. When its a private on SM we just let Chaturbate watch - sometimes this leads to great tips and other times nothing. The nature of the beast. Have started doing Streamate and MFC lately when I am performing solo.

In regards to it being slow. For us business on SM especially at night say after 11pm EST has DIED since Summer hit. Daytime business still seems to be good on SM the little we can get on during the day. Our problem is kids our home now during the day which has killed our business. Chaturbate has been dead for us in June both day and night.

Sorry if I rambled on too much. This is my first post. Just our 2 cents on what might help when getting started!

• Helpful!
Reactions: SoTxBob
It sounds like you are giving way too much away for free.

If someone wants to see your panties, make them tip something. No free passes. No previews. None of that. There are ALWAYS a ton of members out there who know to target new models for free stuff because they know they're naive about it. Heck, I've been a model for two years and the requests for free stuff are unending.

On MFC, it took me a few weeks to finally make a tip menu. Even something small like panty flashes for me were 30 tokens. That's like $1.50, but those small amounts can really add up to be a lot! If someone isn't even willing to contribute something as small as a $1.50, they don't deserve anything from you.

It takes time to learn the fine line between giving away stuff at the right times versus the wrong times. Example, say a member tips a bunch of times for flashes, eventually says good night. A free flash or whatever is totally fine. But a free flash for someone who just *might* take you private? Nuh uh. If they want a preview they can tip for a flash. If someone wants to see what outfits or toys you have, make them tip. You'll get the hang of it eventually if you stick with it. Being assertive is one of the most important things you'll ever learn as a camgirl.

Thank you for this advice! This has been my biggest mistake as a n00b...

Reactions: Sansa
Double your odds of making money by running 2 cam sites at the same time. We started doing this in week one of camming. It can get a little crazy at times and if it does just stop one of them. Of course you have to have the equipment or computer horsepower to do so. We also have the benefit of performing as a couple more then 50% of the time which gives us both something to tend to. Streamate and Chaturbate has been our main combination. When we get a private show on Chaturbate or a Tip to perform we just turn the Streamate webcam up so that it shows our heads or sometimes nothing but the wall. The SM customers can still hear us and it often ends up with getting a paid chat on Streamate as well. When its a private on SM we just let Chaturbate watch - sometimes this leads to great tips and other times nothing. The nature of the beast. Have started doing Streamate and MFC lately when I am performing solo.

In regards to it being slow. For us business on SM especially at night say after 11pm EST has DIED since Summer hit. Daytime business still seems to be good on SM the little we can get on during the day. Our problem is kids our home now during the day which has killed our business. Chaturbate has been dead for us in June both day and night.

Sorry if I rambled on too much. This is my first post. Just our 2 cents on what might help when getting started!

If this is what works for you, great!

However, camming on two sites at once can be difficult for practical reasons. The feed can run slower potentially if you don't have a great connection. I don't recommend doing this over wifi. Also a top complaint I've heard from members about other models (usually a topic I try to nip in the bud before it gets out of hand) are when girls are obviously camming on two different sites. It's definitely something in which some members are perceptive!

Again if this works for you, do it, just for new models, be aware that members can usually tell when someone is streaming on two sites at once and that it can definitely affect the quality of the feed.

lol so things didn't go as planned....
I've been studying these forums for a while now and I feel like I've read every single tip there is for new cam models. My background was cute, with fairy lights, emoji pillows, and a giant teddy bear; My makeup was done, I played music, sang along and danced, and I actually was having fun, despite the fact that there were 10 people at the very most in my room. I smiled, I talked alot (mostly to myself), I laughed... and I made one token. There were only two guys who even talked to me; one who tipped me that 1 token for a private (lol), and the other asking what my bra and panties looked like, trying to make me show it to him for free... :facepalm:
I was on for an hour basically just talking to myself before I decided to call it a day and log off.
Was it just a bad day? I'm planning to cam again tomorrow but do you guys have any advice? I really would love to access the model only section for more tips but it's still not available to me. I still have hope that I can make this whole cam girl thing work! :shame:

Perhaps a countdown would help? So far cammed once on Chaturbate, no money was thrown until I set some kind of countdown goal. For me the chat room was kind of dead which I wasnt expecting. When I started reading erotica some ppl came in. But yeah I would suggest a countdown Best!

Status
Not open for further replies.