AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If You Could Change Any Laws...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. I would make graduating high school MANDATORY! Kids who "choose" to drop out would be taken by the state and put into a lockdown type school until they can pass a standardized test.
2. (this would be expensive but...) make prison SCARY. Apparently prison must not be so bad considering how many convicts re-offend upon release. Not to mention the amount of crime (mostly drug and gang related) that takes place INSIDE of prisons. Cons that prove that they cannot be part of a social atmosphere would be removed from socializing with the rest of the prison population. Cons with nothing to lose (aka NEVER getting out of prison) would be on 24 hour solitary confinement.
3. CLEAN UP THE BOOKS! Take a look at each and every law that has been passed since the creation of the United States and put up for judicial review for a decision if it is; constitutional, relevent to today's society, and/or makes ANY sense at all!! This would enclude reassessing penelty guidelines related to criminal law.

I've been fighting the urge to post in this mainly because I can't choose just 3. But here's the 3 most important ones to me.

1- Overhaul the tax code. Put in a national sales tax and eliminate income taxes for anyone making less than $250,000 per year or any business making less than $500,000 per year.

2- Since they do it anyway, make the legal drinking age 18 yrs old. But increase penalties for alcohol-related crimes such as DUI/DWI to act as a strong deterrent to those crimes.

3- Recognize gay unions, either as marriage or civil unions. But straight unions have to be called the same thing. I wrote something like this on an older version of my blog...

If I could write up a constitutional amendment allowing gay unions, it would say the following:

A marriage/civil union is a union between two consenting adults.

No jurisdiction shall make any laws restricting marriage/civil unions and the rights bestowed on those unions on the basis of race, gender, income or religion.

Religious organizations may refuse to preform marriage ceremonies for any couple for any reason without consequence.

The following unions are strictly prohibited and involvement in them can be subject to prosecution in a court of law:
- Involving more than two individuals (polygamy)
- Involving an individual who is not of an age of consent (child marriage)
- Involving one non-consenting adult (forced marriage)
- Involving a non-human entity (bestiality, put in to shut the idiots up)
- Involving two directly related individuals (incest)

Mikeythegeek said:

Religious organizations may refuse to preform marriage ceremonies for any couple for any reason without consequence.

The following unions are strictly prohibited and involvement in them can be subject to prosecution in a court of law:

Why the restriction on polygamy? If all involved adults consents to that union i see absolutely no reason to object.

Traditio said:
Mikeythegeek said:

Why the restriction on polygamy? If all involved adults consents to that union i see absolutely no reason to object.
Well, in my mind, I call the last section the "make the wingnuts happy" section. Because what do the wingnuts who speak out against gay unions claim (among many other things that are equally retarded)? That allowing them will open the door to a lot of what I put restrictions on in that clause. So basically, if this was a proposed law; it would be there to give the idiots fewer arguments against it.

1- eliminate laws that tell people what they can/can't do if it has no DIRECT bearing on the safety of other free-thinking humans

2- tax laws- I would instead propose that anyone making under twice minimum wage should not be taxed, everyone else taxed normally (meaning, also repeal those tax-cuts that were meant to be temporary)

3- get rid of social security for anyone not already on it/ within 10 years of collecting it.

That gives everyone else time to save up, and the means with which to do so.

If I could add a fourth, it would be about driving tests every 5 years... too many people don't know what the fuck the laws are when it comes to driving (like, if the other side of the intersection is not clear, do not enter the intersection...)

LadyLuna said:
If I could add a fourth, it would be about driving tests every 5 years... too many people don't know what the fuck the laws are when it comes to driving (like, if the other side of the intersection is not clear, do not enter the intersection...)
I would agree to this. My driver's license here in Arizona is good until I'm 65 yrs old. BTW, I'm currently 28. When I visited Denver a couple of years ago, the car rental place made a comment that it was so weird to see an AZ license because we don't have to renew it every 5 yrs or so.

There are many laws I would like to see change, many of which have already been discussed.

The one that comes to mind right now is censorship and how I would like to change it or abolish it. Having a lazy sunday on the weekends and channel surfing and landing on a movie I didn't think to watch that I'd enjoy only to see scenes completely cut out because of how suggestive it could be, language edited because everyone always runs around saying "forget you, mother father!", a bare ass or the middle finger gets blurred out. Its completely tedious and an embarrassment to both the movie and to the folks watching at home.

The language on cable television is more immature than conversations going on at a middle school because they want to discuss mature situations but disguise it with childish language. They're talking about fucking, we know they're talking about fucking, but they can't say fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.