AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

If you could go back...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 31, 2018
New Zealand
Twitter Username
@QuinnLaneMV
MFC Username
quinnlane
Streamate Username
QuinnLane
Chaturbate Username
quinnlane
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1002147165/QuinnLane/
Clips4Sale URL
https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/136465/quinns-clips
If you could go back in time & give yourself advice/information/change what you did, on your first day of cam, what would it be?

i wish i had focused more on promoting myself before joining mfc last year (end of november), but it's a lesson i've learned and come to not beat myself up over so much. i take full advantage of my offline time now.

Id go back further and start at age 20 :p

I was thinking this too lol. But maybe not because that would have changed other aspects of my life and I might not have the boyfriend I have today and I ALMOST like him more than money.

My advice would be...For adult work like this, ALWAYS use an e-mail address (I used to e-mail photos from an e-mail account) that’s separate from, say, the primary one that has your real name attached to it. And always double-check to see which e-mail account you’re logged into before you wind up e-mailing your child’s school principal. *sigh*

And never allow yourself to get so comfortable with regulars that you end up giving them personal info such as your real name, etc.

That shit can backfire on you if y’all have an argument, or they decide to go all Inspector Gadget on yo ass, and start searching for you on Pinterest/YouTube/etc.

And always double-check to see which e-mail account you’re logged into before you wind up e-mailing your child’s school principal.

I meant to say “before you wind up e-mailing your child’s school principal from the wrong e-mail account.”

Firstly I wish I had started at 18/19 as during that time I had time and internet access without having to pay rent, so could have saved up a fair amount or just enjoyed spending cash on trivial things.

Secondly I wish I had done more research before starting, I wish I had watched more models and had taken more time about starting "right".

Thirdly I wish someone had said "don't expect or even aim to be a top model as you'll generally be disappointed. Just be happy with your own successes, work hard and avoid comparing yourself to others." Top models earn an insane amount of money, but just the top 1000 models on MFC earn the kind of money most people consider good earnings.

And erm, fourthly, I think a more straightforward attitude about not giving attention to controlling arsehole members. As a newer model you tend to attract the kinds of guys who go around "helping" models, which generally means being demanding, expecting extra attention and giving you shit advice which they think is excellent, and then generally being put down that you aren't achieving what they believe are levels of success. These types of members actually made my first experiences of camming a lot more unpleasant and I think lent me a pretty negative attitude towards it.

I would also say personally for me, that I wish I had got a part time job in an office environment. Partially for the company as camming can get very lonely, but also so you know you have some non camming related income and to put in perspective the hours needed in a regular job, and also to keep the CV looking good for if/when you decide to move on.

Firstly I wish I had started at 18/19 as during that time I had time and internet access without having to pay rent, so could have saved up a fair amount or just enjoyed spending cash on trivial things.

Secondly I wish I had done more research before starting, I wish I had watched more models and had taken more time about starting "right".

Thirdly I wish someone had said "don't expect or even aim to be a top model as you'll generally be disappointed. Just be happy with your own successes, work hard and avoid comparing yourself to others." Top models earn an insane amount of money, but just the top 1000 models on MFC earn the kind of money most people consider good earnings.

And erm, fourthly, I think a more straightforward attitude about not giving attention to controlling arsehole members. As a newer model you tend to attract the kinds of guys who go around "helping" models, which generally means being demanding, expecting extra attention and giving you shit advice which they think is excellent, and then generally being put down that you aren't achieving what they believe are levels of success. These types of members actually made my first experiences of camming a lot more unpleasant and I think lent me a pretty negative attitude towards it.

I would also say personally for me, that I wish I had got a part time job in an office environment. Partially for the company as camming can get very lonely, but also so you know you have some non camming related income and to put in perspective the hours needed in a regular job, and also to keep the CV looking good for if/when you decide to move on.

Agreed about the part time job part. But I think the best is to have a full time job and camming was part time. I have myself a full time job and i cam for add some income to pay some debt and spoil wife and kids :). It's fun to double the salary ;)

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I would say: “maybe it isn’t too smart to use the same avatar you use in your nationally famous blog” and also “don’t do cum shows, don’t show your hoohah and don’t record any videos, basically don’t do anything that will bring great shame to you when you get outed in 3 months” oh and finally: “yes, no-contact with your entire family is indeed the right decision, don’t second guess yourself or waste any time in the future with second and third opportunities”

• Funny!
Reactions: EmmaStoner
Give less shit about assholes in my room, be more bubbly and more fun, pretend you wanna marry anyone and lead them on haha. Just joking , in general, have more fun while im on and dont even get online if i dont feel sexy and playful.

To sign up for the revshare affiliate program.

Give less shit about assholes in my room, be more bubbly and more fun, pretend you wanna marry anyone and lead them on haha. Just joking , in general, have more fun while im on and dont even get online if i dont feel sexy and playful.
it's not easy but i'm agree ... "ignore" is a word and act that camgirl and camboy MUST remember ;)

If you could go back in time & give yourself advice/information/change what you did, on your first day of cam, what would it be?

I'd go back further, find 18 year old me, and be like heyyyyy so, have you heard of this great thing called camming? lolol

But nah, I'd probably tell myself to definitely use social media more to promote and stick to a more strict schedule like I started 2 years after I began lol

I’ve taken breaks by choice and other times due to life forcing me to- I wish I had never deleted my original mfc account or the associated social media. I’d also invest more heavily in lighting and better webcams from day one. Wish I’d accepted privates from day and hour one, too, Altho I know many disagree, I tend to make most of my money that way.

Reactions: QuinnLane
Status
Not open for further replies.