AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

I'm a new girl at "that point" in my Camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 19, 2017
Yea, everyone knows what I mean. You start off making loads with your first couple of shows then it just... drops off.

I've always got lots of people in my room and they're always rating and complimenting, adding me to their friends lists and such but not so much with the tokens or private shows.

Mind you I make a little still and I'm aware that the best way is to just keep at it... I'm building a following and in the long term loyalty is more important than a small ammount of money now but.... *sigh*

I suppose I'm just here to reach out to you all for a little boost, a bit of encouragement to keep on going. I know I can do it and I know I'm doing well... I just wanted a few like minded folks to tell me it does get better.

I know exactly what you mean... and I for one also know how frustrating it can to be told to stay persistent and keep at it and you'll eventually be successful etc etc.
So I'll be honest, it does help to be consistent. Come on at relatively the same time regularly , see what time you get the most people, and most interactive room, and most tokens.

Maybe the people who are in your room regularly now won't ever have that much extra to spend on camshows (both yours and others). but maybe someone will be attracted to the lively fun room and join in and be able to spend more. I have about 2 people who tip me the most and are the best friends and supporters and I got them when I was at a 900 camscore ! My room was lively though, me and my regs had fun conversations and I got lucky enough that some people who fit right in liked me and the room and participate all the time. That said, I have come and gone from camming for months at a time because I just get discouraged, and get negative. (lol im an introvert with a lot of issues -.-" )

Try and stay optimistic ! I got a parttime job once so I cammed PT as well and it helped my sanity to a degree knowing not all my income was based on camming, and then camming ended up being even more successful, perhaps because I wasn't so stressed about it. So sometimes it doesnt hurt to think outside the box a bit. Try to keep a bit of your head in reality, stay humble and keep your chin up.

Sometimes it takes time to find your long-term niche and that's okay! :) sending well wishes and all the positivity your way. *hugs*

4 years later, it still happens to me. Sadly with this line of work, it doesn't stay consistent. Use this time to work on your hustle and charm. Also work on building those regs. Remember it's also summertime, which is the notorious slow season. People are saving for vacations and summer hobbies.

One thing we can recommend is to "keep it fresh" with some new things (or bringing back old ones). Prize wheel spins, Board Clear (with some numbers having prizes), a refreshed Tip Menu with some new options to entice your regulars' curiosities.

Themed shows are also an interesting possibility - it being the summer, bikinis and kiddie pools are cheap options for investment if you don't already own.

But that's from a Member POV - obviously the Models above have really good advice/comments as well.

Thanks for the advice and the comiserations. A monthly target is a really good idea, that way if I don't look like I'm going to make it I can bring in something new.

MemberBlasts, so far I actually haven't done anything like that, I tried once and it didn't actually work. Most of the time it turns into me just chatting with memebers and answering questions... usually out loud, thus far that's working great because I'm very open and funny and quite giggly but everything gets old eventually. I'll definitely be bringing more of that stuff in as I go on though.

It's being naked on the internet. It's fidgety and unreliable, unfortunately. Key thing is to keep hold of the good days, live through the bad days and now let either define you.

• Wat?!
Reactions: MrSwoob
It can also be from your *new* status dropping off. I just hit that point too. Less people visiting but luckily I was able to grab some regulars before the tag disappeared, so I can still keep my room fun with them and get more people. I'm hoping it's just a steady grind from here.

For me, it helps when there's an ongoing activity in your room, like some kind of game or dice roll or something that the members can do to entertain themselves. It takes some creativity and research to come up with games that'll work. I've done battleship, where it's 2-5 tokens to play (depending on what I decide that day lol) and a hit gets a boob flash, and sinking my ship gets a downstairs flash. Obviously the prizes would be up to you. I also just started doing strip Blackjack, where if they win I take something off, but if they lose I put something on. That has been extremely fun and I've ended up with like 6 shirts on, 3 panties, 2 shorts AND a blanket over me. The guys ended up wanting me to keep winning so they could see how much stuff I could put on haha.

Anyway, it's all about getting regulars and having fun. I make most of my money from the same few people. They like their privates :)

It can also be from your *new* status dropping off. I just hit that point too. Less people visiting but luckily I was able to grab some regulars before the tag disappeared, so I can still keep my room fun with them and get more people. I'm hoping it's just a steady grind from here.

For me, it helps when there's an ongoing activity in your room, like some kind of game or dice roll or something that the members can do to entertain themselves. It takes some creativity and research to come up with games that'll work. I've done battleship, where it's 2-5 tokens to play (depending on what I decide that day lol) and a hit gets a boob flash, and sinking my ship gets a downstairs flash. Obviously the prizes would be up to you. I also just started doing strip Blackjack, where if they win I take something off, but if they lose I put something on. That has been extremely fun and I've ended up with like 6 shirts on, 3 panties, 2 shorts AND a blanket over me. The guys ended up wanting me to keep winning so they could see how much stuff I could put on haha.

Anyway, it's all about getting regulars and having fun. I make most of my money from the same few people. They like their privates :)

Losing the new tag killed me on MFC . Honestly thinking of restarting there lol

What do you guys think of doing my morning yoga on cam... each time I get to the next 100 tips I take off an item of clothing until I'm doing naked yoga!

What do you guys think of doing my morning yoga on cam... each time I get to the next 100 tips I take off an item of clothing until I'm doing naked yoga!

Honestly anything is worth a try. It's all about finding what works for you. I think it's a good idea but also riskier at the same time since your attention is on yoga and not the room. I've been toying with the idea of working out on cam and they can tip for me to flash and get naked and stuff, just haven't done it yet so I dunno how successful it is.

Just make sure the 100tk countdowns are realistic for you and easily achievable in a fairly short amount of time.. you don't wanna be doing yoga ALL day/night fully clothed cause you haven't reached a goal yet lol. You can have them tip to flash so it's not just them waiting for that countdown to see any goods either.

If you can find something you enjoy doing, while being able to give your attention to potential customers, it can definitely help make the slow days more enjoyable. The first bad day I had, was my second show. In two hours I made 6 tokens and I was desperately naked. I probably cried that night and had to do a lot of reading to encourage myself to get back on. Now I am doing okay, it fluctuates but it has never been a 6 token day again.

Status
Not open for further replies.